• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How did you make the multiville stage in your old build? When i replace the stgvillage 00, 01, 02, 03, and 04 with different smashville stages it always ends up going to one smashville stage.
smashville loads the stages based on the background it needs and then adjusts the time to the current time of day, but i dont know, I just put the stages over each smashville and it worked.

TSW

Smash Rookie
Hey Theytah (or anybody), how would I go about swapping the Pokemon Stadium/Pokemon Stadium 2 song lists back to their proper place? I use the melee PS as my default, so I want the original songs that are supposed to go with it.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
How does the game know that it has to show only one of Link's sword models in, for example, the Wait1 animation? For animations where he has to switch between both models at a given time, like side taunt, there are two model changer events in the moveset file to hide one group of objects and show the other one, but for the rest there aren't any, and the model doesn't use VIS0 animations either.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How does the game know that it has to show only one of Link's sword models in, for example, the Wait1 animation? For animations where he has to switch between both models at a given time, like side taunt, there are two model changer events in the moveset file to hide one group of objects and show the other one, but for the rest there aren't any, and the model doesn't use VIS0 animations either.
on the models there are visibility bone settings, and in the bones each bone has a visible value that you can set to visible or invisible by default.

Is Big Blue file missing in 3.6 because i cant find it in the stage manager :/
It's not included in default PM, so it's not gonna appear in the files, you'd have to get it off of brawlvault or the brawl iso.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
on the models there are visibility bone settings, and in the bones each bone has a visible value that you can set to visible or invisible by default.

It's not included in default PM, so it's not gonna appear in the files, you'd have to get it off of brawlvault or the brawl iso.
upload_2015-9-13_11-1-4.png

Big Blue sure does look like it's in default 3.6...

Draco_The

Smash Lord
But Link doesn't use that. All the bones have the visibility parameter turned on. Furthermore, the sword and shield that are on Link's back only disappear during Wait animations and such when you load the moveset file in BB 0.68/0.67 and preview them using the subactions. They still show up if you just preview the model or preview animations from the animations window, which tells me that this is done with the FitLink.pac.

I used BB 0.68 to change the bone groups found in the second switch of the first switch group (the one that controls what sword models show up) so the second group is the first one and vice versa and now the sword on the back is the one that appears when Link's supposed to grab the sword in his hand (Wait1 for example) and the other way around, which tells me that this has to do with the model visibility groups, but again, other than in subactions where Link puts away his sword at some given time, there's no sign of model changer events.

I thought that maybe the game just makes the first group of each switch the default for every animation, but then characters like MetaKnight have model changers where he switches to the first group of bones of a given switch in some of the subactions so that's not the reason either.

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
View attachment 73191

Big Blue sure does look like it's in default 3.6...
Thats the stage icon not the actual STG file

Thanks. Also do you mind if I use your main menu in my build? It looks awesome!

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
But Link doesn't use that. All the bones have the visibility parameter turned on. Furthermore, the sword and shield that are on Link's back only disappear during Wait animations and such when you load the moveset file in BB 0.68/0.67 and preview them using the subactions. They still show up if you just preview the model or preview animations from the animations window, which tells me that this is done with the FitLink.pac.

I used BB 0.68 to change the bone groups found in the second switch of the first switch group (the one that controls what sword models show up) so the second group is the first one and vice versa and now the sword on the back is the one that appears when Link's supposed to grab the sword in his hand (Wait1 for example) and the other way around, which tells me that this has to do with the model visibility groups, but again, other than in subactions where Link puts away his sword at some given time, there's no sign of model changer events.

I thought that maybe the game just makes the first group of each switch the default for every animation, but then characters like MetaKnight have model changers where he switches to the first group of bones of a given switch in some of the subactions so that's not the reason either.
This seems descriptive, but I really don't understand anything here. So I'm just gonna put in information.

Link's sword and shield on his back are attached to KenM and TateM, or something similar. In FitLink.pac the bones for the sword and shield on his hands and the sword and shield on his back are referenced to (I think in both groups too, haven't messed with visibility bones in at least a year). Maybe you're right and everything in the first switch group are labelled as default. It'd make sense in this case. Then his face is changed via SHP0, I believe.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Thats the stage icon not the actual STG file

Thanks. Also do you mind if I use your main menu in my build? It looks awesome!
Nevermind, I thought that you guys were asking if Big Blue was present in 3.6, not asking if it was loaded from the Brawl disc.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
This seems descriptive, but I really don't understand anything here. So I'm just gonna put in information.

Link's sword and shield on his back are attached to KenM and TateM, or something similar. In FitLink.pac the bones for the sword and shield on his hands and the sword and shield on his back are referenced to (I think in both groups too, haven't messed with visibility bones in at least a year). Maybe you're right and everything in the first switch group are labelled as default. It'd make sense in this case. Then his face is changed via SHP0, I believe.
Bowser and Dedede also seem to use the first bone group as the default for the shell and the huge abdomen objects too, but then lots of sub actions for Meta Knight turn on the visibility of the first group of a switch (the one for the sword and RHaveN).

Maybe there's another reference somewhere in the FitChar.pac files that tells the game which bone group is the default one, but I couldn't find anything.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to import objects to other costumes (Ex.1 PM OOT - Brawl Ganon, PM Justin Bailey - Next Mission V.5 ZSS) but there's an issue that causes the models to not scale properly and have stretched polygons. The last time I had this issue, it was the bone scale, but I tried that and it didn't work. The stretching only happens with objects that are rigged to multiple bones, but I've had it work before with other models, so I don't know what the issue is.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've been trying to import objects to other costumes (Ex.1 PM OOT - Brawl Ganon, PM Justin Bailey - Next Mission V.5 ZSS) but there's an issue that causes the models to not scale properly and have stretched polygons. The last time I had this issue, it was the bone scale, but I tried that and it didn't work. The stretching only happens with objects that are rigged to multiple bones, but I've had it work before with other models, so I don't know what the issue is.
are you importing with brawlbox or using 3ds max?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
BB 0.67 crashes whenever I try to view MoveDef in a FitChar.pac file, and 0.68 doesn't let me edit bone references (I can rename them and change the bone in the right window but it changes nothing) and when I save it crashes.
How would I go about changing things like that in HxD and similar software? For example, the hand bones references the FitChar.pac file I'm trying to edit has, which are used to hold items (I think), are 20 (LHaveN) and 19 (LHandN). The IntOffset for the bone reference for LHaveN is 153360 with a size of 4, and the one for LHandN is 153364 also with a size of 4. However if I open the file with HxD and go to 153360 I get 00 02 56 14 and then 00 02 56 78. I thought it would be just 13 instead of 14 but nope, so I'm quite lost.

Other than to make it so that bone numbers don't change and such, is there a reason behind adding filler bones? The bone references inside Misc Section in BB only includes the most important ones, and the other set of bone references outside that folder is for the shadow model.

What are Bone Floats 1 and Bone Floats 2 for?

How do you make a build for hackless and dolphin?
For Dolphin the full build for Wiis with hbc works just fine. For hackless I think you need to include smashstack with a boot.elf for Gecko or the PM launcher but I'm not sure. Download hackless PM from their site and take a look at the extra files it has.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
BB 0.67 crashes whenever I try to view MoveDef in a FitChar.pac file, and 0.68 doesn't let me edit bone references (I can rename them and change the bone in the right window but it changes nothing) and when I save it crashes.
How would I go about changing things like that in HxD and similar software? For example, the hand bones references the FitChar.pac file I'm trying to edit has, which are used to hold items (I think), are 20 (LHaveN) and 19 (LHandN). The IntOffset for the bone reference for LHaveN is 153360 with a size of 4, and the one for LHandN is 153364 also with a size of 4. However if I open the file with HxD and go to 153360 I get 00 02 56 14 and then 00 02 56 78. I thought it would be just 13 instead of 14 but nope, so I'm quite lost.

Other than to make it so that bone numbers don't change and such, is there a reason behind adding filler bones? The bone references inside Misc Section in BB only includes the most important ones, and the other set of bone references outside that folder is for the shadow model.

For Dolphin the full build for Wiis with hbc works just fine. For hackless I think you need to include smashstack with a boot.elf for Gecko or the PM launcher but I'm not sure. Download hackless PM from their site and take a look at the extra files it has.
I can't help out when it comes to bone ID stuff, I dont do many bone edits.

LogicSpillStudios

Smash Rookie
Does someone have an idea as to what I can do to ensure that character textures don't appear like this?
[/IMG]

It's been becoming a pain, and there's not really much I've been able to do about it. All I have noticed, however, is that the arrows for that texture that would reveal slightly less quality per scroll, only have that one photo, and the rest are transparent.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Bowser and Dedede also seem to use the first bone group as the default for the shell and the huge abdomen objects too, but then lots of sub actions for Meta Knight turn on the visibility of the first group of a switch (the one for the sword and RHaveN).

Maybe there's another reference somewhere in the FitChar.pac files that tells the game which bone group is the default one, but I couldn't find anything.

Just thought I'd post here the answer to those questions:
  • There's indeed something that tells the game which bone group is the default per switch. Just click on the BoneSwitch you want to change and in the right window change the value of the DefaultGroup parameter.
  • When looking for those offsets in HxD you have to look 120 offsets below (or 80 in hex). So instead of looking for the offset 153360 I'd need to look for the offset 153480.
  • As long as the FitChar.pac doesn't have gfx events with non-existant bones and similar and the bones references are changed to fit the new skeleton, keeping the same numbers of the skeleton of the original characters isn't needed.
  • Bone Floats 1 is for the Franklin Badge/Screw Attack, Bunny Hood, and the flower, while Bone Floats 2 is for the Gooey Bomb.
Does someone have an idea as to what I can do to ensure that character textures don't appear like this?
[/IMG]

It's been becoming a pain, and there's not really much I've been able to do about it. All I have noticed, however, is that the arrows for that texture that would reveal slightly less quality per scroll, only have that one photo, and the rest are transparent.
What are you trying to do?

Last edited:

LogicSpillStudios

Smash Rookie
You see, I'm trying to mess around with a spankin' great Shadow Mario skin off of the Brawl Vault. Best one I've seen, and knowing me, I like to make things look pretty.

But the problem is... Here, let me put some photos in here.

Which causes what was seen in my original photo. If I zoom out more, the character will eventually be a floating Mario head with gloves and shoes. Everything else disappears.

Last edited:

BlueLettuce

Smash Rookie
Anyone know how to remove the polygons or make the objects invisible for stages.

Ex. I would like to remove the pillars/tree from the background of the battlefield stage.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Hey, I skimmed through the thread but I don't think this question has been answered yet.

I'm trying to modify the position of some platforms on a stage. I know how to move the collisions themselves, but how do I go about moving the platform models?

Thanks!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I skimmed through the thread but I don't think this question has been answered yet.

I'm trying to modify the position of some platforms on a stage. I know how to move the collisions themselves, but how do I go about moving the platform models?

Thanks!
Depends on the stage, it's gonna be a lot easier for some than others.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
I think this should be really easy. Are you animating them or just making them stationary?
Stationary. I just want them a bit lower than they are now. I know in theory it should be easy, probably just adjusting a "translatey" value or something, but I don't know where that value is.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Stationary. I just want them a bit lower than they are now. I know in theory it should be easy, probably just adjusting a "translatey" value or something, but I don't know where that value is.
Normally in Brawl Box you would open stage's .pac. Right click on ARC 2 and select "Preview All Models". Expand all the menus on each side of the window. Make sure you have the little "Vertices" box in the top menu selected (it should have a blue outline). In the drop down menu next to "Target Model" in the top menu, choose the model of the platform, select the entire model, and then drag it where you wanted. Then edit the collisions to be where you want them.

However, with this particular stage, Brawl Box isn't displaying the platforms in their correct positions. They're stuck to the floor like every other 3D model in the stage. Suggestions anyone?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Normally in Brawl Box you would open stage's .pac. Right click on ARC 2 and select "Preview All Models". Expand all the menus on each side of the window. Make sure you have the little "Vertices" box in the top menu selected (it should have a blue outline). In the drop down menu next to "Target Model" in the top menu, choose the model of the platform, select the entire model, and then drag it where you wanted. Then edit the collisions to be where you want them.

However, with this particular stage, Brawl Box isn't displaying the platforms in their correct positions. They're stuck to the floor like every other 3D model in the stage. Suggestions anyone?
It's an animation. Change the animation, you change the position.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Speaking if john cena i made a brstm of his theme song (the loud version) and used it for falcon's victory theme. truly magical

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
When a put a new song in battlefield it plays normally up to a certain point then the game crashes. Any ideas why?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Anyone know how to remove the polygons or make the objects invisible for stages.

Ex. I would like to remove the pillars/tree from the background of the battlefield stage.
the easiest way to do it would be to go into the object folder of the stage model and delete all models that you want gone, if the pillars are the same object as the main stage though then youd have to just move the vertices for the stuff down by like 1000 instead.

Hey Theytah, any tutorials for making a Custom Background for the CSS or SSS? You know, the floating tiles?
what floating tiles?

Depends on the stage, it's gonna be a lot easier for some than others.
if the platform models are connected to a bone itll say in the collision for that platform, check inside of the collision viewer and then just move that bone in the model previewer.

When a put a new song in battlefield it plays normally up to a certain point then the game crashes. Any ideas why?
Defrag your files.

You see, I'm trying to mess around with a spankin' great Shadow Mario skin off of the Brawl Vault. Best one I've seen, and knowing me, I like to make things look pretty.

But the problem is... Here, let me put some photos in here.

Which causes what was seen in my original photo. If I zoom out more, the character will eventually be a floating Mario head with gloves and shoes. Everything else disappears.
If you want to disable the mipmap scaling, just go into the materials and set the min and mag filter for the textures to linear, that will disable it all.

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
the easiest way to do it would be to go into the object folder of the stage model and delete all models that you want gone, if the pillars are the same object as the main stage though then youd have to just move the vertices for the stuff down by like 1000 instead.

what floating tiles?

if the platform models are connected to a bone itll say in the collision for that platform, check inside of the collision viewer and then just move that bone in the model previewer.

Defrag your files.

If you want to disable the mipmap scaling, just go into the materials and set the min and mag filter for the textures to linear, that will disable it all.
The background of the SSS
Edit: *DERP* I didn't know what I was saying

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
The background of the SSS
Edit: *DERP* I didn't know what I was saying
Well all that stuff is inside sc_selmap.pac so just open that and mess around with the different modeldatas, if you have some knowledge on stage modding its a good basis since menus are kinda built similar.

Top Bottom