• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

D

Deleted member

I did all the stuff you did in the brstm tutorial, but when I played the finished product, it would make this weird sort of buzzy/crunchy sound. Any idea what went wrong?

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
how can i change the color of the thing in the red and how can i make the yellow around the "ready to fight bar transparent"?

Darkthunder999

Smash Rookie
Question im a little confuse on how to do simple recolors and adding a symbol. Like for Marth i want him to have chom's Ylisse symobol on his cape with some dark colors. I saw the tutorials but im still a little confused can u clarify a little please

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Question im a little confuse on how to do simple recolors and adding a symbol. Like for Marth i want him to have chom's Ylisse symobol on his cape with some dark colors. I saw the tutorials but im still a little confused can u clarify a little please
Open file, expand texture data, replace texture.

DarkWolf4564

Smash Rookie
Quick question... How do you add a color swap/costume without replacing the others? (Been looking for the answer for a day now... Also been trying to do it myself, but it never shows.) [Characters I've been working on for this question currently: :ganondorf::toonlink::lucario::marth::luigi2::snake::sheilda: & :dk2:]

Oh yeah! You can answer this with BrawlEx, or Project M. (BrawlEx is what I use mostly.)

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Quick question... How do you add a color swap/costume without replacing the others? (Been looking for the answer for a day now... Also been trying to do it myself, but it never shows.) [Characters I've been working on for this question currently: :ganondorf::toonlink::lucario::marth::luigi2::snake::sheilda: & :dk2:]

Oh yeah! You can answer this with BrawlEx, or Project M. (BrawlEx is what I use mostly.)
For normal p:m, use Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool. For BeX, I'm not sure, but I think you can add more costume slots by essentially cloning the character in question.
I'll let someone else go into more detail with that.

ThePizzaDog

Smash Rookie
one last thing then im done lol. How do u change the trail of swords?
Sword trails can be found in the chosen character's "fighter" folder in the "FitCharacter" pac file. The texture will be named something like "TexCharacterSwordTrace". From there you just replace the texture with whatever new sword trail texture you want.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I have been making my personal build, and I have run into a nitpick. On one of the stages in Project M Legacy, I want to replace the theme from Bayonetta 1 with the theme from Bayonetta 2. I have Tomorrow is Mine playing, but the song thing at the start of each match still shows "Theme of Bayonetta- Mysterious Destiny" as the song chosen. How do I change that.

Darkthunder999

Smash Rookie
Sword trails can be found in the chosen character's "fighter" folder in the "FitCharacter" pac file. The texture will be named something like "TexCharacterSwordTrace". From there you just replace the texture with whatever new sword trail texture you want.
thanks a bunch

~Sushi~

Smash Rookie
Hey folks, I want to give Bowser the Mario series emblem back, but I can't replace his icon in the Results Screen. I heard it's done through codes, can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
D DekZek You'll need to open mu_menumain.pac and edit miscdata 7 in BBox to change music names. But I think that only changes the name in my music. Or maybe it changes both. Not sure. Edit it and tell me if it works.

Flash1Lucky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1633-4328-8010
Hey, I had a question about modding for my build and was pointed this direction. I've looked through this post and wasn't able to find the answer but I apologize if you've already answered this question.

That being said, my question is: how do I change the words that appear after the title screen? On your build, according to one of your videos, the words said "Hype intensifies" and I've seen a few other builds with different words as well.

Thanks in advance for the help.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
D DekZek You'll need to open mu_menumain.pac and edit miscdata 7 in BBox to change music names. But I think that only changes the name in my music. Or
maybe it changes both. Not sure. Edit it and tell me if it works.
Edited the file, but won't be able to check until this weekend. The song is on Inferno in Project M Legacy, which crashes when it's picked in My Music. I will check the stage title though.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. That's what I was referring to. Ah. Uh...try searching around in the files. It might even be a 3D model, so there's that.

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
How do I format stage banners to look like the ones in game and if so how would i do that?

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
To mod PM do I have to rip my brawl disc? And if I do, how do I get the rip without subspace emissary?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you need to rip the disc unless you want to play on dolphin (even then, you could...download it). I don't know much about ripping discs, but I'm sure its better to have everything on it than to remove parts of it. You might break the game completely since subspace might be connected to the game in ways we don't know. But then, I don't know much about ripping discs, so I'll let someone with more information answer that.

Last edited:

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man! And if you did not rip the game, how did you mod it?

nickultra

Smash Cadet
How do sawnd files interact with the sub action SFX shown in PSA? For instance if I was to create an animation in which I wanted to use a sound clip from that character's sawnd file how would I go about doing that? I see that the brawl brsar's audio files all have a hex value and some other additional hex value and in PSA sub actions call sound effects with their own values; do the brsar values correlate to the PSA values?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Guesmu Guesmu well, depends on how you play project m (hackless, homebrew, etc). Modding in general is a huge topic, so I'd suggest picking a "sub-topic" and moving on from there.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
I use Homebrew, um... charcter hacking? Like moves and stuff

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...You'll want to look up "PSA" on the brawl vault tutorial section. Or there might be a tutorial here on smashboards. Not sure.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. I will look into that, also will you look at my melee balance patch? If you do melee modding. (No changes to Fox, Falcon , Marth and sheik.)

D

Deleted member

How do you fix stretched polygons when merging models in brawlbox?

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
I want to import the hibiscus of Red Jigglypuff

onto the head of the Malon Marin model I've retextured.

To more closely resemble the source material.

What should I do to accomplish this task?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
All I can say is, I don't think you can do that in brawl box. You'll need something like 3ds max to add it.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Don't know anything about 3ds max. My computer couldn't install it for some reason. :(

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I'm following the tutorial on rendering CSPs, but when I import the model into 3ds max I get errors that cause some of the textures to not show up even when all of the textures are properly exported. Can anybody help?

AltProbError.png
AltProb1.png

josxx1803

Smash Rookie
Hello there Theytah-senpai! :D

Hey, I got a certain doubt or rather an issue I've been wondering about. Have you tried Smash 3 Pikachu? If you do then you have certainly noticed too the same that I did, the rim lit effect isn't working on the model. I've been checking the model's materials myself to see why this is, since the texture is definitely there, but I don't seem to pinpoint the issue; the coding is fine, I mean, the map target is selected and so the texture but it just won't budge.

Any ideas why? Have you fixed that already? If so, could you enlighten me?

nickultra

Smash Cadet
Hey Theytah and other smash hacking wizards. Simple question; can any program open a .sawnd? Super Sawndz can open .brsar but not .sawnd... which is weird considering it can create them.

ps. The reason is I want to export the single audio files from the .sawnd

Nevermind brsar unpacker solved my problem

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
hey, there's something that i'm having trouble with, ok so i put the Golden Gauntlets from one of the Smash 3C Oot Links on to a regular PM Oot Link and whale they have there proper textures when viewed in Brawlbox
the gauntlets appear completely black when loaded in game
and whale it works for one character i dont want that for the others, does anyone know how to fix it? yes the textures are in the models texture files

Last edited:
Top Bottom