• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How can I replace models using Brawl box? I'm trying to create a Mario that looks similar to the Mystery Land Mario in Mario Party 2 by using Dr. Mario as a base but Dr. Mario doesn't have arms when I try to shorten his sleeves with vertex editing. Because of that, I imported Mario's arms from another Mario model when I try replacing one of the models I want to delete(like the medical stuff he has), BB just gives me an error. Again, I just want to replace one of Dr. Mario's obj files but I keep getting errors. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's an image of Mystery Mario if anyone is interested in what I'm doing.(Bottom Middle)
You'd have to edit the model, it's complicated but I'll make a tutorial for that eventually. for now you can look at my twitch account at http://www.twitch.tv/theytah/ where I recorded some model editing, or look at some tutorials available on KCMM. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=49.0

Anyone know how I could get a code for the gct that enables 16:9 by default? (without a save file)
I'll ask a coder I know

Y-L

Smash Champion
You'd have to edit the model, it's complicated but I'll make a tutorial for that eventually. for now you can look at my twitch account at http://www.twitch.tv/theytah/ where I recorded some model editing, or look at some tutorials available on KCMM. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=49.0

I'll ask a coder I know
Thanks I'd really appreciate that. We're working on the Netplay community build. So far we made it so we can unlock Ness/Luigi/Others on startup and I believe SOJ is working on something to have items off. We're not sure about aspect ratio though.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
If you're not too far into your custom build, you can get ProjectM with cbliss already installed.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg9g73pncccx646/cBliss Ready Project M 3.0 Updated.rar

As for adding cbliss into your own PM, you can find out how here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59782.0
You can also download the cbliss ready PM and then just replace your codes with the cbliss ready codes. I'm pretty sure that would work...

Now your second question... When I was using cbliss on my PM (I currently don't use it), I just selected use Project M mappings and everything worked fine. It should work for you too.
So uh... something funny happened. I tested it last night, and PM crashed when I select a custom costume so I restarted it and it worked fine(was testing some other stuff) as long as I used the existing costumes. Today I started doing the CSPs and stuff thinking it was those. When I loaded up the costumes, I selected PM mode. I selected the Melee DK mod and no icons. I went into cBliss mode and it worked fine. But then I clicked on the Green DK thing and uh...

It looked a bit weird. I ignored it.
TL:DR basically the icons don't work in certain mapping and don't load properly in PM. Help?

Last edited:

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
So uh... something funny happened. I tested it last night, and PM crashed when I select a custom costume so I restarted it and it worked fine(was testing some other stuff) as long as I used the existing costumes. Today I started doing the CSPs and stuff thinking it was those. When I loaded up the costumes, I selected PM mode. I selected the Melee DK mod and no icons. I went into cBliss mode and it worked fine. But then I clicked on the Green DK thing and uh...

It looked a bit weird. I ignored it.
TL:DR basically the icons don't work in certain mapping and don't load properly in PM. Help?
I actually don't know what's wrong here. In the picture, everything looks fine. I don't know why the images are not loading. Try using Mewtwo2k's cbliss tool to edit your cbliss codes. His codes are more stable and his tool will edit your codes in a click of a button.

You can find it here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347
Other than that, you'd be better off asking the more experienced people here than me.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I got another problem regarding the Mario skin I was trying to make. The arm texture shows up just fine in brawlbox but doesn't appear in-game. I imported arms from a melee mario mod and added the texture to the pac file. The arms just appear as black in-game. This is strange because I also imported Mr. L's pants as well and the textures work perfectly fine. Do you know what to do?

Here's an image of the mod. It appears as is in-game but with black arms. (just the skin is black, not the sleeves)
(It looks bad because its a WIP and I am super new to vertex hacking and brawl modding in-general)

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I got another problem regarding the Mario skin I was trying to make. The arm texture shows up just fine in brawlbox but doesn't appear in-game. I imported arms from a melee mario mod and added the texture to the pac file. The arms just appear as black in-game. This is strange because I also imported Mr. L's pants as well and the textures work perfectly fine. Do you know what to do?

Here's an image of the mod. It appears as is in-game but with black arms. (just the skin is black, not the sleeves)
(It looks bad because its a WIP and I am super new to vertex hacking and brawl modding in-general)
When you import, you need to open the model's shaders in brawlbox and set the first texture refrence listed as true, otherwise it wont use any textures, dont ask me why BB does this, its just a stupid glitch.
Here's a gif on how to fix the texture thing.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
When you import, you need to open the model's shaders in brawlbox and set the first texture refrence listed as true, otherwise it wont use any textures, dont ask me why BB does this, its just a stupid glitch.
Here's a gif on how to fix the texture thing.
I tried that and now the game wont even start the match when I pick the costume in question. It just hangs on the loading screen.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Is your texture file too large? make sure your file isnt larger than the original.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
The Pac file is 854 KB and the PCS is 417. The size shouldn't be a problem since my normal Mario(overalls) skins have file sizes of 920(pac) and and 455(pcs).

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

I'll ask a coder I know

Ohhh I look forward to the model editing tutorial, I imagine it does take quite a while, saw your stream on the scout and thought it was fantastic what you can do with the models!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
The Pac file is 854 KB and the PCS is 417. The size shouldn't be a problem since my normal Mario(overalls) skins have file sizes of 920(pac) and and 455(pcs).
I'm not sure what your issue is then. Or at least what's causing it. Once in free ill tale a look if you want

Juken

Smash Ace
This is most likely caused by the model's rigging, or the creator used bone edits in the model.
So, there's no way to just make the model use the same animations as all the others? No file to edit in the PAC?

Would it be possible if I made a copy of the default Mario .pac, and then replaced the default Mario model and textures with the N64 Mario ones?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I'm not sure what your issue is then. Or at least what's causing it. Once in free ill tale a look if you want
I just redid the model, looks better anyway. I have one last question though, is there a way to keep certain parts of the model from moving? In the Mario skin I am working on, I want to keep Dr. Mario's coat's bottom stuck together and to not move. When I work on the model in BB, the coat looks how I want it to be but when in motion, the coat's bottom doesn't stay in place.

Here's a picture of it to show what I want.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
That's because it's probably rigged to his legs, you'd need to edit the rigging somehow, I use 3ds max, dont know if BB has that ability.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Would you be able to make a guide on replacing character sounds?

EDIT: Nevermind, lol, didn't see that in the OP.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

TheytahK I got a question! Is there any heads up to exporting a smash model so I can use in in Maya or 3D Max? I can simply right click on the mdl0 model and export is that right?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
TheytahK I got a question! Is there any heads up to exporting a smash model so I can use in in Maya or 3D Max? I can simply right click on the mdl0 model and export is that right?
Export the grey mdl, not the mdlo. also make sure to export as .dae

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
How would I edit a stage icon? I recently installed a new Battlefield, but the stage didn't come with an icon. I tried to use the Stage manager tool which just takes an image of the stage for the icon, but when I load the game up, the icon is missing the white outline that the rest of the stages have. Can i just give the icon an outline in Paint.net?

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
How would I edit a stage icon? I recently installed a new Battlefield, but the stage didn't come with an icon. I tried to use the Stage manager tool which just takes an image of the stage for the icon, but when I load the game up, the icon is missing the white outline that the rest of the stages have. Can i just give the icon an outline in Paint.net?
You're supposed to add the border by yourself. Link me the image and I can add it for you perfectly in a minute.

MagicManNo9

Export the grey mdl, not the mdlo. also make sure to export as .dae
Ohhhh I see now, thanks man!

EDIT: Another question if anyone can answer, is it possible to change the voices for characters in individual pallets? I mean an example would be Dr Mario's pill attack sound and such, anyone know's if this is possible and if so how?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Sorry again for asking more questions I got this error:

I've yet to try out and the model seems to load so is this something I should worry about? I get the same results in 3D Max.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
You're supposed to add the border by yourself. Link me the image and I can add it for you perfectly in a minute.
Really? Thx man. But i'm a real noob at this, so how would i send you the icon image?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Really? Thx man. But i'm a real noob at this, so how would i send you the icon image?
Find the image file you want to upload, go to imgur.com, then drag and drop the photo to the website to upload it. After you upload it, send him the URL that the picture is linked to.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Basically what Reserved said, or you can tell me what stage it is and I'll make it using an image I find.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Basically what Reserved said, or you can tell me what stage it is and I'll make it using an image I find.
It's one of Mewtwo2000's stages, the battlefield with the huge moon behind it. I'll pm the image to you.

MagicManNo9

Importing in and out models worked out pretty okay, only issue is that I can't delete certain stuff nor can do the model come out being smooth after I export them...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Theytah, in your tutorial about changing the sound effects, you included a file that has Brawl's SFX, not Project M. Would you be able to upload a smashbros sound file thingy for Project M?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Theytah, in your tutorial about changing the sound effects, you included a file that has Brawl's SFX, not Project M. Would you be able to upload a smashbros sound file thingy for Project M?
I don't have one for Project M, the only place I can think to get one would be the netplay ISO builder.

@ Ryztiq Ryztiq any word back from your coder friend?
No, unfortunately :/

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Here's the photoshop template I use if it helps. http://www.mediafire.com/download/s0drb0umyjxb8zo/Stage_Panel_Template.psd

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't have one for Project M, the only place I can think to get one would be the netplay ISO builder.
Does the Brawl one work perfectly with Project M, or does it remove Mewtwo and Roy's sounds? Also, how are people changing their Pit sound effects without a Project M SmashBros sound file?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Does the Brawl one work perfectly with Project M, or does it remove Mewtwo and Roy's sounds? Also, how are people changing their Pit sound effects without a Project M SmashBros sound file?
That's not how supersawnds works... when you export a sawnd file you're only exporting the sounds for each specific character/sound effects. IE, making a sawnd file for jigglypuff would ONLY change jigglypuff's sounds.

Top Bottom