• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Would it be possible to add code to force the game to use 16:9 aspect ratio? This is for NetPlay where you can't have a save file so it's something we have to change every time. I was having a discussion about this with PMBR so I assume it's possible.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Picked up this stage the other day and for some reason characters with capes and such exhibit this weird behavior (see image below). What file is causing this to happen and how can I fix this?

jxy

Smash Cadet
Hey Theytah,

I am trying to clean up this cool nighttime jungle japes stage I found on brawlvault. Everything has gone well so far, but the platforms that were created for the gaps don't appear to be the right color. I know next to nothing about both texture formatting and how lighting works, but it seems strange. Not only are they the wrong color, but they actually change from match to match sometimes. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just found out I cannot link until ten posts, I'll pm you the brawlvault link.

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
Hey Theytah,
Is there a PM specific .BRSAR? Trying to edit some sfx. Also, How do I edit sfx volumes (sawnd files) to make them louder?
Thanks!

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I watch Smash@Xanadu, I see that they have a custom CSS and SSS with their logo on it. I think I've seen this referenced somewhere in this forum along with a tutorial on how to implement your own. I've searched a bit with no luck, so could you explain it to me, or post the link? Thanks

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Can you do all of them at the same time? Or is it one by one?
Sadly, I don't know of a way to do them simultaneously. That being said, I've only had issues with a handful of brstms, so I've never needed a faster method.

Last edited:

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
How would I make the volume of my songs be the same? A lot of them are too quiet.
There is a code to equalize every stages volume, although you may have to go digging for it. I found it a little while back, so theres some hope.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Haven't seen this anywhere else in this thread: How do I save in the Brawl Managers?

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
How would I implement it?
Using a program called GCTedit, which is in BrawlVaults resource directory, you can add codes to your RSBE01. I'm about to search for the code here in a second.
EDIT: Found it after looking around a bit, so here you go: http://smashboards.com/threads/custom-song-volume.326024/
Might actually add this myself, quiet stages piss me off. My suggestion is to pump the volume to the max, and then change it with in game settings found in Options to get the perfect ratio between SFX and Music. Also try adjusting your TV's volume. You're Welcome dude!

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
@Theytah Where did you find the code that's in your build to "hold L/R to change Corneria"? E.G. Having 2 stages for the same icon.

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
I've been wondering for a while. How did you change the image that shows up when booting up project m?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering for a while. How did you change the image that shows up when booting up project m?
Under projectm\pf\menu\strap\ are three StrapXX.pac files named after whatever language you're loading the game in. Opening the file in Brawl Box and going under ModelData[0]/Textures/MenBoot03 will get you a 853x480 .png image of the strap loader screen. Simply replace that with whatever image you want and save the file.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
How would I go about replacing announcer sounds? I want to replace Ness with megaman, but I dont know how.
EDIT: Also, how would I use the Sound Replacement Engine? It's confusing.

Last edited:

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
Under projectm\pf\menu\strap\ are three StrapXX.pac files named after whatever language you're loading the game in. Opening the file in Brawl Box and going under ModelData[0]/Textures/MenBoot03 will get you a 853x480 .png image of the strap loader screen. Simply replace that with whatever image you want and save the file.
I know how to replace the strap menu, I'm talking about when you are actually booting up your PM. The menu that pops up right after you go to custom stages. Theytah has an image there and I was wondering how he changed the normal screen to that image...

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, the mushroom uses the poison mushroom texture. How would I mod them separately?
EDIT for clearer explanation: The textures that the regular mushroom uses(The bright one that makes you big) aren't being used, but instead, they are using the textures for the poison mushroom.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

@Theytah Where did you find the code that's in your build to "hold L/R to change Corneria"? E.G. Having 2 stages for the same icon.
iirc he has it over MarioPast, which in brawl loads 2 stages like that already. (metal cavern is over it in pm with 2 copies of the same level)

spear pillar (stgtengen) had 3 alts.

other than that, you can use the Alternate Stage Loader tool.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Awesome thread. There is actually a handful of stuff I want to make for my game. Looking forward to combing the mess out of this at a later date.

Y-L

Smash Champion
iirc he has it over MarioPast, which in brawl loads 2 stages like that already. (metal cavern is over it in pm with 2 copies of the same level)

spear pillar (stgtengen) had 3 alts.

other than that, you can use the Alternate Stage Loader tool.
I was referring to Corneria 64/brawl stages. I assume this is the alternate stage loader tool?

MightyMandible

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0232-9599-0897
I've been trying to get Project M running but whenever I try to open the boot.elf file I get a blank screen. I'm not sure what's causing this. Help?

MightyMandible

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0232-9599-0897
Yeah. When I try to input a command on the screen I get an error that tells me
" IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH: Game tried to reload a title that is not available in your NAND dump
TitleID 0000000100000002. "

I have no idea what any of this means.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yeah. When I try to input a command on the screen I get an error that tells me
" IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH: Game tried to reload a title that is not available in your NAND dump
TitleID 0000000100000002. "

I have no idea what any of this means.
That means it's not finding the game. Did you set Brawl to the default iso?

MightyMandible

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0232-9599-0897
I wasn't aware of different versions of Gecko. I used the file that was linked in the original post if that helps.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to do one thing: Get the Megaman announcer call in along with the PM announcer calls. In Super Sawndz, I can't inject the Megaman Call and the PM Calls(Atleast I couldn't figure out how) so I injected the PM Calls, opened up the BRSAR in BrawlBox, then replace the Ness call with Megamans. I save it and open it up in Super Sawndz, and whenever I load it up, in the console thing it says "2.channels" and it's static. Help?

Last edited:

MightyMandible

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0232-9599-0897
So I found out that the source of my initial problem was that I had downloaded an old version of Dolphin which I guess wasn't compatible with the boot.elf file. But now the problem is that when I try to press "Launch Game" it says "No SD Cards Found" and launches me straight into Brawl rather than Project M. Help?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So I found out that the source of my initial problem was that I had downloaded an old version of Dolphin which I guess wasn't compatible with the boot.elf file. But now the problem is that when I try to press "Launch Game" it says "No SD Cards Found" and launches me straight into Brawl rather than Project M. Help?
Is insert SD card turned on? Which version are you on now?

Top Bottom