• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Y-L

Smash Champion
On the SSS where it says the name of the stage the black rectangle with the stage name, is there a template for that? Or how do you make a custom one?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
On the SSS where it says the name of the stage the black rectangle with the stage name, is there a template for that? Or how do you make a custom one?
You have to make a 208 x 56 .png file of white text on a black background using whatever image editing software is capable of it. The font Project M uses is called Edo SZ.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I have a template for mine but I doubt it will be useful since it's for my pack, which has custom stage name images.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How can I merge this CSS into my personal build of Project M without overwriting my already modded stuff? like the invis names in character select and custom icons?

http://smashboards.com/threads/can-someone-do-a-css-like-this.351646/#post-16566573

There's a working image of the CSS below that post. I asked in the thread, but was ignored.
You'd have to edit the whole select screen's model layout, which is extremely dangerous and prone to causing crashes/errors, the only real way to do it safley is with gct editing. I don't know how to customize GCT files though. But if you want to try, all of the files to edit are in the common 5, the menu's layout is similar to that of a stage.

Y-L

Smash Champion
You have to make a 208 x 56 .png file of white text on a black background using whatever image editing software is capable of it. The font Project M uses is called Edo SZ.
What font size do they use? Is there any program I can use that's not photoshop?

farsight2000

Smash Rookie
Gimp works well as a free photoshop if you only want simple features.
Couldn't he just use the "Generate Name" function in BrawlStageManager? It has both Brawl's and Project M's fonts as presets, and allows for you to customize your own font style and size.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Couldn't he just use the "Generate Name" function in BrawlStageManager? It has both Brawl's and Project M's fonts as presets, and allows for you to customize your own font style and size.
That works well too, forgot about it :p

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I have a simple modeling question. I'm trying to delete part of an object in one of my stages, specifically, the two left "stems" in Hanenbow (as seen in this screenshot). I attempted to do so in 3Ds Max, but got this error when I tried to reimport it. After that, I made the shape on my own and got it looking fine in Brawlbox, but when I run it ingame, the model doesn't appear to be textured correctly (it's supposed to be a solid color).

This brings me to my question: What is the best way (for someone who doesn't have much modeling experience) to either delete part of an object, or make one from scratch and have it run properly ingame?

EDIT:Okay, I fixed it. I just had the texture formatted incorrectly. I would still like to know the best way to delete part of a mesh and import it back into BrawlBox though.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I have a simple modeling question. I'm trying to delete part of an object in one of my stages, specifically, the two left "stems" in Hanenbow (as seen in this screenshot). I attempted to do so in 3Ds Max, but got this error when I tried to reimport it. After that, I made the shape on my own and got it looking fine in Brawlbox, but when I run it ingame, the model doesn't appear to be textured correctly (it's supposed to be a solid color).

This brings me to my question: What is the best way (for someone who doesn't have much modeling experience) to either delete part of an object, or make one from scratch and have it run properly ingame?

EDIT:Okay, I fixed it. I just had the texture formatted incorrectly. I would still like to know the best way to delete part of a mesh and import it back into BrawlBox though.
You can edit/delete models and collision data in brawlbox, which is what i use for simple stage edits.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
You can edit/delete models and collision data in brawlbox, which is what i use for simple stage edits.
Editing through BrawlBox was fine for stages that I have on in the past. However, I sometimes want to move or delete something that either doesn't have its own bone (so I can move it independently from the rest of the stage), or is part of an object that I don't want to delete/move entirely. As far as I know, this type of editing isn't possible in BrawlBox. It's possible to do it in 3Ds Max using a "delete mesh" modifier, but when I try to reimport the model back into BrawlBox, I get the error I posted before. Do you happen to know a way around this? If not, can you point me in the direction of someone who does?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Editing through BrawlBox was fine for stages that I have on in the past. However, I sometimes want to move or delete something that either doesn't have its own bone (so I can move it independently from the rest of the stage), or is part of an object that I don't want to delete/move entirely. As far as I know, this type of editing isn't possible in BrawlBox. It's possible to do it in 3Ds Max using a "delete mesh" modifier, but when I try to reimport the model back into BrawlBox, I get the error I posted before. Do you happen to know a way around this? If not, can you point me in the direction of someone who does?
The error that you're getting is that either an object is missing a bone or a bone isnt binded to any object, you have to have all bones in a skin for all objects in the model, even if the bone doesnt move the object itself.

Also, you can edit like that in brawlbox, just vertex edit stuff if you only want to move part of the object

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I have a question.

I've noticed in the costume manager that theoretically there is a possibility to add more costumes for certain characters without having to replace any of them.
example:
FitRoy03
FitRoy04
FitRoy05
(FitRoy06)
(FitRoy07)
with 06 and 07 being empty slots. By using Project M's alternate costume engine, I think maybe making these extra slots playable is possible by just adding InfFaceXX.brres or MenCharSelXX.brres and stock icons and such. First of all is this true?

Secondly: if it is true, how would I go about adding more MenCharSel.brres files in brawlbox? I've already made CSPs for the costumes I want to add, but I know no way of putting them into brawlbox without replacing the MenCharSel files that already exist.
I'm gonna play around with Brawlbox more tomorrow and find out some more stuff. I'm excited about this (I hardly get excited about anything ever)

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I knew about the cBliss tool, but can I use it to only add 1 or 2 costume slots to specific characters?

I'll ask that on KCMM

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
If you didn't want to replace any movesets, your best bet is probably project EX. I've never looked into it to see how stable it is though, or if it even works.

Narpas_sword

so i got as far as this re my 'phendrana' stage.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7khKgWYj7qSdkpmYlhlTUtEbE0/edit?usp=sharing

originally tried to import ridley into the ice stage, instead imported the ice stuff into the pirate lab stage.
am stuck now though, trying to remove the superfluous platforms, the metroids, and the pirates.
However, removing any of those (by deleting the models) means the level doesnt load.

Im assuming that there is something that is trying to call those files, and having them missing is giving some sort of null pointer? ( i get a silent freeze)

any tips?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Just get ridley and put him into the ice stage, grabbing the modeldata that he's in should include his animations, then you can just port him in over an empty one from the stage you want to put him into.

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
Thank you for this thread, How would i change sfx and announcer calls? i have super sawndz but have no clue what the brsar is.
Also, im super confused with rel porting. I am doing a character over DDD. the original modder included the rel ports but i have no clue how to implement that into the PM stuff ( I am running a hackless SD card ver of PM).
Other than that thanks!

Narpas_sword

Just get ridley and put him into the ice stage, grabbing the modeldata that he's in should include his animations, then you can just port him in over an empty one from the stage you want to put him into.

Cheers dude. I had tried that first and didnt work, tried again starting from the original files and got it working =)

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Thank you for this thread, How would i change sfx and announcer calls? i have super sawndz but have no clue what the brsar is.
Also, im super confused with rel porting. I am doing a character over DDD. the original modder included the rel ports but i have no clue how to implement that into the PM stuff ( I am running a hackless SD card ver of PM).
Other than that thanks!
I'm making a tutorial on how to make soundpacks today.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I downloaded Dolphin, but I don't see any of the folders associated with it to put the Custom Build, sd.raw, or gecko files into.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
So I just got 3ds Max (Thanks for the tip on the trial version!) and I was wondering how to import/export models in a brawl-ready format.

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
Awesome thanks. What abound editing announcer calls thru .brsar? Everyone tells me to go thru that but i cant find that at all in the folders.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Trying to get a vBrawl HUD for 3.0 since I'm getting tired of the default HUD.

I recently took a HUD from 2.6 and everything's working fine except for Mewtwo and Roy's names. I know Mewtwo's name goes over Pokemon Trainer so can I re-add that in the 2.6 HUD? Also, how would I go about adding Roy's name? Everything's under MiscData[30] by the way.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Trying to get a vBrawl HUD for 3.0 since I'm getting tired of the default HUD.

I recently took a HUD from 2.6 and everything's working fine except for Mewtwo and Roy's names. I know Mewtwo's name goes over Pokemon Trainer so can I re-add that in the 2.6 HUD? Also, how would I go about adding Roy's name? Everything's under MiscData[30] by the way.
Your best bet would be to replace the visuals of the PM3.02 HUD with brawl's files, rather than trying to use an old file. What you're doing right now requires a lot more effort than just making the current PM HUD to look like brawl's.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I downloaded Dolphin, but I don't see any of the folders associated with it to put the Custom Build, sd.raw, or gecko files into.
Try running any game with it first to get it to generate files.

So I just got 3ds Max (Thanks for the tip on the trial version!) and I was wondering how to import/export models in a brawl-ready format.
Gonna do some of that today aswell on stream.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Just uploaded this, it contains tons of programs and tools for modding, such as shaders, 7 brawlbox versions.
Link

Top Bottom