• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, I double posted (because I'm using SmashBoards on a phone)

Last edited:

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
TheytahK,
The link for hte resource super sawndz pops up as malicious when downloaded with Chrome....

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Your best bet would be to replace the visuals of the PM3.02 HUD with brawl's files, rather than trying to use an old file. What you're doing right now requires a lot more effort than just making the current PM HUD to look like brawl's.
I actually got something working, meant to edit the post but thanks for the advice!

One more question, I'm trying to edit Spear Pillar's platforms to move horizontally as opposed to vertically but when I view the platform models, there's no animation data - only color animation data.

Would I need to edit an .rel file to make this change?

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to combine Theytah's pack with Anderson's pack by using Anderson's character models, portraits, and character select screen in conjunction with everything else from Theytah's pack. I know I need to replace the whole fighter folder with Anderson's, but I'm not sure which other files to replace.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I'm trying to combine Theytah's pack with Anderson's pack by using Anderson's character models, portraits, and character select screen in conjunction with everything else from Theytah's pack. I know I need to replace the whole fighter folder with Anderson's, but I'm not sure which other files to replace.
Css would be in common5 or mu_menumain, the other files for character images are inside common5, and in two folders, called portrait and char_bus_tex.

Do you mind maybe uploading that once you're finished? I don't have WiFi for much of today
Haven't gotten to it yet because I'm working on something, but I'll keep you posted.

TheytahK,
The link for hte resource super sawndz pops up as malicious when downloaded with Chrome....
That's because It's from my personal files, go to chrome advanced settings and TEMPORAIRLY turn off protection so that you can download it.

I actually got something working, meant to edit the post but thanks for the advice!

One more question, I'm trying to edit Spear Pillar's platforms to move horizontally as opposed to vertically but when I view the platform models, there's no animation data - only color animation data.

Would I need to edit an .rel file to make this change?
Which version of spear pillar?

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
Everything works fine after replacing the files except for a problem with common5.pac. Without Anderson's, it freezes upon switch character models and the character select menu is the one from your build. If I do use Anderson's, the stage select screen shows his stages, and freezes upon selecting one.

Last edited:

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
Everything works fine after replacing the files except for a problem with common5.pac. Without Anderson's, it freezes upon switch character models and the character select menu is the one from your build. If I do use Anderson's, the stage select screen shows his stages, and freezes upon selecting one.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
How would I go about making this change?

I want to make a version of Midair Stadium with the Halberd-style cloudy background and proper lighting as seen in SSE.

Here's a pic for reference.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How would I go about making this change?

I want to make a version of Midair Stadium with the Halberd-style cloudy background and proper lighting as seen in SSE.

Here's a pic for reference.
Take the scenedata from halberd and replace the one inside of midair stadium with it. Then find a blank modeldata from midair stadium (or one with unused models) and replace it with the modeldata from halberd that contains the sky.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I know how to do most of the stuff that I need to do, but one thing alludes me. How do you move the "Ready to Fight!" bar up without it going into seizure mode when you put the cursor on it?

I know the gist for making it go up, but normally it's supposed to go from Yellow/Red to Red/Purple and instead it starts flashing and looking like it's trying to shoot off the stage when I mess with it.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I know how to do most of the stuff that I need to do, but one thing alludes me. How do you move the "Ready to Fight!" bar up without it going into seizure mode when you put the cursor on it?

I know the gist for making it go up, but normally it's supposed to go from Yellow/Red to Red/Purple and instead it starts flashing and looking like it's trying to shoot off the stage when I mess with it.
theres more than one model that you need to move, go into the CSS's Modeldata and move all objects that corrospond to the start banner upward, rather than the entire model.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
theres more than one model that you need to move, go into the CSS's Modeldata and move all objects that corrospond to the start banner upward, rather than the entire model.
So, in MiscData[30] just the MenSelchrReady_TopN in 3Dmodels or is it the MenSelchrReady_TopN_0-3 in Anmchr?

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, been trying to figure this out solo for quite some time with little luck.

Edit: Okay, I figured out how to move most everything to the proper place, but is there a reason that the start and + button on the Ready to Fight bar blink? I'm fairly certainly they're not supposed to do it, so it must have something to do with the position I currently have them in, any idea?

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Take the scenedata from halberd and replace the one inside of midair stadium with it. Then find a blank modeldata from midair stadium (or one with unused models) and replace it with the modeldata from halberd that contains the sky.
I tried doing so and I managed to get the stage colored correctly but the background turns into this giant mess. I replaced MiscData[2] of Midair with the one from Halberd.

Also, is there a way to get rid of those balloons in the background?

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
any idea on how to add extra characters? ive seen the brawl EX but they dont have sound and the animations are kinda sloppy

LSDxButtCheekzz

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to use the character models, portraits, and character menu from Anderson's pack in conjunction with everything else from yours. I replaced all the needed files, but I'm not sure what to do with common5.pac. If I use yours, the game freezes upon changing a character costume. If I use Anderson's, the game freezes upon selecting a stage.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I tried doing so and I managed to get the stage colored correctly but the background turns into this giant mess. I replaced MiscData[2] of Midair with the one from Halberd.

Also, is there a way to get rid of those balloons in the background?
Well to start, you're missing textures from halberd, add and remove the textures so that only the sky from halberd is what's filled in for the modeldata.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I'm trying to use the character models, portraits, and character menu from Anderson's pack in conjunction with everything else from yours. I replaced all the needed files, but I'm not sure what to do with common5.pac. If I use yours, the game freezes upon changing a character costume. If I use Anderson's, the game freezes upon selecting a stage.
try using a default one and building on it from there.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Any idea why the start buttons blink after moving the Ready to Fight bar up?
The only things that have been moved were MenSelchrReady_TopN, pCylinder1, start, pCylinder1_1, and start_1. It seems to be a problem with the start and start1_1 items, but I'm not sure where I should set it to fix it, or if there is another item that I should edit to get it to stop flickering.

Last edited:

Al Paccioli

Smash Rookie
try using a default one and building on it from there.
Thanks for specifying the files involved. I'd like to use Patt's mod except for the character select screen. I want to keep the characters, music, stages, etc; everything except the screen because there's a bug with iso/wbfs building that makes the bottom half of the screen inaccessible for character selection.

Should I replace common5 and mu_menumain with the original files from vanilla project m?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Well to start, you're missing textures from halberd, add and remove the textures so that only the sky from halberd is what's filled in for the modeldata.
I managed to get that but the sky isn't animated in-game.

I replaced ModelData[2] which was originally static with that of Halberd's but no dice.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Thanks for specifying the files involved. I'd like to use Patt's mod except for the character select screen. I want to keep the characters, music, stages, etc; everything except the screen because there's a bug with iso/wbfs building that makes the bottom half of the screen inaccessible for character selection.

Should I replace common5 and mu_menumain with the original files from vanilla project m?
You mentioned common5 in the first post so I assumed you atleast had some knowledge of the subject, my apologies. Common5 contains most all files for the CSS and stage select screen, mu_menumain contains the actual shell for the menu used in the rest of the game. As for textures, things such as CSP files and the character selection panels will be held in the texturedata brres files within common5.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Any idea why the start buttons blink after moving the Ready to Fight bar up?
The only things that have been moved were MenSelchrReady_TopN, pCylinder1, start, pCylinder1_1, and start_1. It seems to be a problem with the start and start1_1 items, but I'm not sure where I should set it to fix it, or if there is another item that I should edit to get it to stop flickering.
What is the end goal that you're trying to achieve? I'ts hard to give much advice when all I know is that you're moving the Ready to fight bar, but not to where or why.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
What is the end goal that you're trying to achieve? I'ts hard to give much advice when all I know is that you're moving the Ready to fight bar, but not to where or why.
I'm trying to move the Ready to Fight bar slightly up, so that it covers around the middle of the bottom row of fighters, that way it doesn't cover the CSPs.

So far, it's up, but the start buttons are sort of wonky.

Edit: To give a little more information, I've got MenselchrReady_TopN on each of them at 2.5 on the Y axis, all the pcylinders are at 0.509791, and the starts at at 1.542323. I'm unsure which of the three really causes the problem, but if there's any information you can give, that'd be helpful.

Last edited:

Al Paccioli

Smash Rookie
You mentioned common5 in the first post so I assumed you atleast had some knowledge of the subject, my apologies. Common5 contains most all files for the CSS and stage select screen, mu_menumain contains the actual shell for the menu used in the rest of the game. As for textures, things such as CSP files and the character selection panels will be held in the texturedata brres files within common5.
Thanks for the heads up. I tried out simply overwriting common5 and mu_menumain with their versions from vanilla project m. The alternate costumes from Patt's mod were preserved, as well as his stages. The stage select screen isn't entirely stable though, picking Shadow Moses froze the game. I'll familiarize myself more using the programs in the OP (BrawlBox and SSSEditor, I assume?). I'll want to keep Patt's SSS while overwriting his CSS with the vanilla project m version.

Thanks for this thread !

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I've been working on my custom PM build which I used your pack as a base. I added the custom stages as well. I got everything running and it works fine, the skins work, the stages work, and my custom music works.

Then I swapped one of the custom stages that I never played with Bell Tower using the stage manager tool and your tutorial. I made sure to use the proper .rel file and everything and once again the stage worked fine. The problem happened when I tried to change the stage icons. I used the same method you used in your tutorial, dragging the image over what it should replace but it froze. Then I manually inserted the image making sure that it was the proper size (176x176) but it still froze. Just so you know, it freezes as soon as I pick my character and press start, so basically right before the SSS is shown. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and need some help.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Alright, so I've been working on my custom PM build which I used your pack as a base. I added the custom stages as well. I got everything running and it works fine, the skins work, the stages work, and my custom music works.

Then I swapped one of the custom stages that I never played with Bell Tower using the stage manager tool and your tutorial. I made sure to use the proper .rel file and everything and once again the stage worked fine. The problem happened when I tried to change the stage icons. I used the same method you used in your tutorial, dragging the image over what it should replace but it froze. Then I manually inserted the image making sure that it was the proper size (176x176) but it still froze. Just so you know, it freezes as soon as I pick my character and press start, so basically right before the SSS is shown. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and need some help.
when using the stage manager you'll see a green bar near the bottom right of the program's interface, that shows the size limit on common5, you might have overloaded it and put in too much data for the game to load.

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
when using the stage manager you'll see a green bar near the bottom right of the program's interface, that shows the size limit on common5, you might have overloaded it and put in too much data for the game to load.
Wow I can't believe I never noticed that. Thanks.
It's weird though, I'm already over the limit by just a bit at 1215285/1214283 and my PM runs just fine so I assume that it can be slightly over the limit?

Any ideas on how to lower the size I currently have? The only way I can think of is compressing the images I was going to add to the size of the images I removed so I don't go over the limit but sadly I have no way of doing that. Any other thoughts?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Wow I can't believe I never noticed that. Thanks.
It's weird though, I'm already over the limit by just a bit at 1215285/1214283 and my PM runs just fine so I assume that it can be slightly over the limit?

Any ideas on how to lower the size I currently have? The only way I can think of is compressing the images I was going to add to the size of the images I removed so I don't go over the limit but sadly I have no way of doing that. Any other thoughts?
The size limit shown there isn't exact, and to lower size try making images smaller or reducing quality of lesser noticeable textures in stage files.

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
Meh, I decided to take out all the extra stages because they were taking up too much space and I hardly played some of them. I added Bell Tower and changed all the icons and the stage is working fine. Thank you so much, if it weren't for you, I'd still be trying to figure out why the game kept freezing.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Nevermind about my question. I managed to fix the blinking by simply removing the Start Button from the 3D Models. Thanks though, if I took up any of your time.

Champion Red

Smash Cadet
This is the last thing I need help with. In the SSSeditor, how do I make a stage go from SSS #1 to SSS #2?

Can you also give me quick instructions on how to save?

Last edited:
Top Bottom