• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

there's no way to turn tap jump off right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

otg

Smash Master
No

/end thread

Seriously though, just get used to it. Use Cstick for Uair, and just get used to only slightly moving the direction pad Up for Utilts. We don't get to cheat like the Brawlers ;).

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
BAWWWWW

i get used to it, but when i dash dance and accidentaly jump, it sucks

( my controller nub reacts pretty slowly)

JrdnS

Smash Ace
tap jump off is cheap.
dash dancing comes with practice. where you dont accidently jump. do you have a nintendo controller?

Overload

Smash Lord
It can be a pain, but you just have to practice. I don't really have it down either.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
tap jump off is cheap.
dash dancing comes with practice. where you dont accidently jump. do you have a nintendo controller?
Some controllers are really ******** though, even original nintendo ones
in terms of how they register control stick inputs atleast, you dont notice it in other games then smash tho cuz smash is sensitive. Like with some controllers its pretty much impossible to jab cancel

on topic: i dont even know what you mean LOL (i havent played brawl in months, and ive never owned it)

Binx

Smash Master
LOL, no, in melee you actually have to control your character yourself. Your controller might actually be broken though, I'd try at least one other and see if it is the controller and not you just wildly hitting the control stick every which way.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hehe, you'd think that it might help you with uptilting and such since you might usually do uairs instead, that you wouldn't need tap jump. Oh boy, did I learn it the hard way. I jump with the control stick and X, and since I couldn't find my name, I put a random name on, but tap jump was off. D: I managed to jump with X when I noticed I wasn't jumping with the control stick (I almost died twice, good thing I was Diddy Kong).

Yeniths

East Midlands!
lol "tap jump" but seriously just practice, it'll become easy in time.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
IMO JC shining with the control stick is WAY harder then using Y/B
thats just my preference tho heh

And from reading this i realize what it is you're talking about LOL i didnt even you could turn that off in brawl

It is very useful with all chars, jumping with the control stick+c-stick=fastest full jumped arials/shffls

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
If you can SH with the control stick, which would mean flicking it, and that destroys control sticks, unless you have crazy speed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
you use tap jump for waveshining???? how??
i just slide my thumb from b to y how are you doing that with tapjump
Please don't bump a thread from checks calculator 14 years ago.

Ask here instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom