• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

There is a simple way to keep MK from being banned.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I'd actually suggest something different. Pick up a secondary to use when fighting other MKs. Show that MK can be reliably beaten with somebody other than MK.

This won't remove MK dominance from tourney results, but if you can beat MK reliably with other characters, then other players might be able to pick up on what you're doing and integrate basic anti-MK tactics into their game.

You'll be able to advance the counters to MK while still playing as MK most of the time.
Yeah, but ZSS is too hard to use....

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Stop using MK?
Ha! I've taken it one step further! I've never started using him to begin with!

I'm a fairly unknown member here on the smashboards, but this is my opinion, coming from a Link mainer:

Yeah, I don't like Meta Knight because he's an annoying opponent.
However, I'm against the entire idea of banning him. This entire thing has gotten quite ridiculous that MK players are actually now considering to stop using MK at tournies for fear of their main being banned? I think you guys should still use MK in tournaments to let them know you can win, and maybe switch to someone else once in a while to prove to them that when it comes to winning: Skill > Character.
He's in the game, he's meant to be used, so why not let people use him?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I think MK should be banned because he is causing the metagame to degenerate. It is a pretty unfair thing to do to people who have spent hours upon hours getting good with him, but it should be done to preserve the competitive scene and to stop it from turning into MK vs MK dittos.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Here's the biggest thing in my opinion. All High Tier characters should be tournament viable. As of right now this is no where near true since the majority of players are playing a character that is two tier s above High Tier.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Here's the biggest thing in my opinion. All High Tier characters should be tournament viable.
Why? The performance of characters in relation to their rankings on a tier list shouldn't be evidence to ban a character.

Besides, there are 39 characters! Each tier is HUGE in Brawl.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Not the highest tier though. Metaknight is an entire tier better then the second best. Whenever that happens, a character tends to become banned.

Of course I proposed the idea of a handicap. Please keep in mind I'd like to do whatever possible to keep Metaknight in the tournament scene. It's just that as things are, the majority of the high tier aren't tournament viable. Obviously I'm a little biased here since my character is currently high tier but isn't tournament viable. And sure it's entirely because of Metaknight... LOL But honestly I don't want to see Metaknight banned if at all possible.

Top Bottom