• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Er, if he can get them working on the 3DS, there's no "chance", they might as well be guaranteed. He clearly didn't want to to cut them(just left with no choice, due to development time). The other vets are far more arguable. We don't know the context of their cuts at all.
He couldn't get them working in the limited time available to him. Now that he's got more time he might be able to get them working again. We don't know the context behind when exactly he chose to cut them.

Folt

Smash Ace
Super suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper bummed the ice climbers didn't make it in.... Don't see why they just can't add them back for the wii u version. Yeah, I get no version exclusives or whatever (bull**** excuse), but who would be offended if they were added back? Like would anyone be really upset if they just said "hey, sorry they didn't work on 3DS, here they are on wii u". Why would you alienate the fan base?
I guess what can I expect, after brawl
I still really like it, it just seems like a series of weird and bad decisions for the sake of.....?
No using Ice Climbers on Smash Run if they'd be version-exclusive.

And that would be the stupidest ****.

Either have them for both or for none.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He couldn't get them working in the limited time available to him. Now that he's got more time he might be able to get them working again. We don't know the context behind when exactly he chose to cut them.
We know a slight bit; He said he couldn't get the A.I. to work for Nana, even going so far as redoing some of the characters. Rosalina and Luma might've had to be reworked due to this alone. They probably had similar A.I. And this is also why Olimar has 3 Pikmin. I think he might have more in the Wii U version now? Not sure.

Time constraints might be it, but he seems to be suggesting that he has to fully revamp Nana's A.I., to the point of ruining it as a possibility. IMO, I would probably rather just go one generation of games without Ice Climbers than to completely kill how awesome Nana is. But to each their own.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
They're not there because whoever took this picture hasn't made any.
You don't have to make any mii fighters for them to be on the css. They weren't in the css on the leaked 3ds screenshots, either. Which is weird, because when are the Mii Fighters ever not on the css? Even if you have custom characters off they're still there.

Folt

Smash Ace
You don't have to make any mii fighters for them to be on the css. They weren't in the css on the leaked 3ds screenshots, either. Which is weird, because when are the Mii Fighters ever not on the css? Even if you have custom characters off they're still there.
No they won't. If you haven't made a Mii Fighter, they won't appear on the css. Simple as that.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
No they won't. If you haven't made a Mii Fighter, they won't appear on the css. Simple as that.
Okay. I mean, I made my first Mii fighter by selecting the Mii fighter on the css. I guess it just depends on what mode you're in.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Super suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper bummed the ice climbers didn't make it in.... Don't see why they just can't add them back for the wii u version. Yeah, I get no version exclusives or whatever (bull**** excuse), but who would be offended if they were added back? Like would anyone be really upset if they just said "hey, sorry they didn't work on 3DS, here they are on wii u". Why would you alienate the fan base?
I guess what can I expect, after brawl
I still really like it, it just seems like a series of weird and bad decisions for the sake of.....?
Exactly!! It's so unfair. It's not our fault for us Wii U users that the 3DS can't handle the Ice Climbers. I am not going to get the 3DS version; why do I have to be unable to use the Ice Climbers because of another game I don't even have? It doesn't make sense at all!

Folt

Smash Ace
Okay. I mean, I made my first Mii fighter by selecting the Mii fighter on the css. I guess it just depends on what mode you're in.
You probably entered the menu where you could customize characters, right? Mii Fighter will appear there, they just won't appear in other modes until you actually have one.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Exactly!! It's so unfair. It's not our fault for us Wii U users that the 3DS can't handle the Ice Climbers. I am not going to get the 3DS version; why do I have to be unable to use the Ice Climbers because of another game I don't even have? It doesn't make sense at all!
Well Sakurai isn't just thinking about the Wii U-only audience. Just kind of saying.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
You know if you slide down the rows you can fit more characters than just the 3 obvious places.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I find it weird that chorus kids enemies are in the smash run, when there not in the actual roster. Also his the only character left to actually be confirmed from gematsu leak.

I think there's a reason why gematsu didn't gave out specific characters such as "pokemon from x and y" or "chrom" cuz of NOA will catch the leaker like they did for the one who leaked the roster early.

He did get all the characters right before e3 trailer was revealed. I still wonder who would've guessed wii fit trainer.
Like Wii fit trainer would never come to my mind as a playable character in smash, probably be the last character that I would think being in smash. I doubt its a lucky guess, out of all the characters nintendo can put in smash as playable.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I find it weird that chorus kids enemies are in the smash run, when there not in the actual roster. Also his the only character left to actually be confirmed from gematsu leak.

I think there's a reason why gematsu didn't gave out specific characters such as "pokemon from x and y" or "chrom" cuz of NOA will catch the leaker like they did for the one who leaked the roster early.

He did get all the characters right before e3 trailer was revealed. I still wonder who would've guessed wii fit trainer.
Like Wii fit trainer would never come to my mind as a playable character in smash, probably be the last character that I would think being in smash. I doubt its a lucky guess, out of all the characters nintendo can put in smash as playable.
Polar bear from Ice Climbers....it's not that weird.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Polar bear from Ice Climbers....it's not that weird.
Interesting to note that IC and RH are the only franchises that had Smash Run representation but no playable characters. The concept of Chrous Kids were probably scrapped for the same reasons Ice Climbers did, considering they have the whole 3-in-1 character type of deal. It's kind of suspicious...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Interesting to note that IC and RH are the only franchises that had Smash Run representation but no playable characters. The concept of Chrous Kids were probably scrapped for the same reasons Ice Climbers did, considering they have the whole 3-in-1 character type of deal. It's kind of suspicious...
3 in 1 ?
Maybe they were replaced :4duckhunt::troll:

Zigzag991

Smash Rookie
There's also Pooka which is from Dig Dug, which technically isn't Pac-Man as it's classified under Other.

Naoshi

There's also Pooka which is from Dig Dug, which technically isn't Pac-Man as it's classified under Other.
Pooka actually appears in Pac-Man games, and actually exists in Smash Run for Pac Man, despite its origins. It can argubly be counted as a Pac-Man rep for Smash Run. After all Pac Man represents classic Namco, not just himself. So Pooka and the flipping panel enemy counts as Namco reps, just like Pac Man.

Last edited:

Zigzag991

Smash Rookie
Pooka actually appears in Pac-Man games, and actually exists in Smash Run for Pac Man, despite its origins. It can argubly be counted as a Pac-Man rep for Smash Run. After all Pac Man represents classic Namco, not just himself.
Yeah, I actually was about to say that, but then, like I said, it's trophy technically isn't classified (I think) as the Pac-Man Series, but rather under other.

D

Deleted member

EDIT: what Naoshi said, which I didn't see. :)

I think it's safe to assume that Chorus Kids shared a fate with Ice Climbers. Seems like a similar concept, kind of like how Pokemon Trainer built on Zelda/Sheik. But if the 3DS couldn't handle Ice Climbers, there's no way it could handle 3 Chorus Kids. And that explains why we see enemies from both franchises in Smash Run. Why bother taking them out?

As unfortunate as the 3DS limitations have been on Smash, it did at least make some good (IMO) things happen, like splitting up Zelda and Sheik. Mostly because I was tired of being disadvantaged as Zelda by being chained to Sheik. Now she can shine on her own... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Huh I thought that you would play as one chorus man and the other 2 would appear in special and smash attacks, like pac man and the ghosts.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Considering the way that Rosalina works, if Sakurai really did intend on using Chorus Men, I'm sure he'd have found a way to make them work on 3DS. Changing up how a brand new character works is different from completely changing the Ice Climbers. I do not think the Chorus Men were legitimately ever planned.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Huh I thought that you would play as one chorus man and the other 2 would appear in special and smash attacks, like pac man and the ghosts.
Only one chorus man would be pretty weird...... After all, there are (at least) three of them

Also, the ghosts from P-M are actually other characters, not the same one, so seeing a chorus kid appear in a smash attack then disseapearring would be the beginning of a strange moveset that may cause some complications

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Since we've all known Wii U have the same roster as 3DS as there was no such thing as a Wii U exclusive characters, things are pretty much to be stopped talking about it as they wanna close this thread...but we should keep talking about it as regarding to the DLCs. Since we know the CSS alignment is greatly unbalanced as there's 4 empty slots in it, we guess that those empty slots are for the DLCs, if they're planning to make a full screen roster. Although we know Mewtwo is coming back as DLC, I do believe he can't be the first AND last DLC character, so 3 more can possibly be there too, but of course we don't know who the other 3 could be as the Sakurai never announced it yet.
As I said, we don't know who the other 3 will be. Will it be mostly returning veterans who've thought they're rejected, or mostly new comers, or both as balanced choices? To make things understandable...
  1. 4 Returning Veterans (Including Mewtwo as a returning vet from Melee)
  2. 3 New Comers (Excluding Mewtwo as an only returning vet)
  3. 2 Vets & 2 News
Which do you think it'll be? And among your choice, which character do you think they'll join as DLC?

On my side, I already know IC's won't have any chance returning this time and I know Ridley's not having either as he's now a stage boss, but I wouldn't suggest that the DLC will be mainly returning veterans, so possibly it could be 2. or 3. If I chose 2., the returning vet should be Wolf; although I don't play as him as I pretty don't much care, he's been well mentioned as an important character, possibly planned to change his move sets to be more original than Fox's. For new comers, as for choosing 2. or 3., DK/Zelda/Kirby doesn't have any new characters, so I could wish for Bandanna Dee, Dixie Kong, and Impa as DLC new comers. Although I still believe Sakurai won't plan to bring any Kirby characters not made by himself, Bandanna Dee is actually made by Sakurai due to first appearing in Kirby Super Star's Megaton Punch mini game, so not just only using a spear or parasol as his main weapon, but using a megaton punch as his FS can be interesting as well. Dixie on the other hand...yes she already have her trophy but so does Mewtwo too so may that can be changed if possible, and her ability can mainly using her ponytail as a weapon as having both ability of Donkey and Diddy, and using her electric guitar as her FS as similar buy maybe difficult control than Donkey's. Impa in last...I still have a suspicion with her 3DS trophy of why having a parenthesis in the beginning, as I do think they might plan to bring her in as well, but can't think of what move sets she could have so I might leave that to the staffs.

Just to keep you in mind, this is the IF thing, so don't get too serious and denial on it as we're just gonna have fun expressing each other about it. So, what are you wishful ideas?
I disagree with this logic. First up, the Wii U roster only has room for 2 characters. So the characters can only be added if they "fit" into the roster? That's ridiculous.

Sakurai will add however little or however many characters he wants. The roster size's apparent "slots" aren't going to stop it. I do agree that its unlikely we'll only get one DLC character, but suggesting that there are "3 DLC characters left" based on the 3DS roster alone is ludicrous. What if there's only one left? What if there's only two? Why can't Sakurai resize the roster, or add a new page, and add 10?

I don't THINK we'll get 10, but you can't say that "Oh, because there's apparently only 3 slots left, there's going to be 3 characters left!"

Comparing Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS's rosters together, there is NO way to make them perfectly evenly filled out entirely. One version at least will not look "complete" at least.

Honestly, Smash 3DS looks more complete than Smash Wii U, but that's besides the point.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I disagree with this logic. First up, the Wii U roster only has room for 2 characters. So the characters can only be added if they "fit" into the roster? That's ridiculous.
You're right, but each character slot was slighlty bigger on the starter roster, so it's possible for them to shrink down the css to give more DLC

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You're right, but each character slot was slighlty bigger on the starter roster, so it's possible for them to shrink down the css to give more DLC
That's exactly my point. My point is, its impossible to say any exact numbers for how many characters could be added as DLC because they can just keep resizing the icons and continuously making them smaller.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That's exactly my point. My point is, its impossible to say any exact numbers for how many characters could be added as DLC because they can just keep resizing the icons and continuously making them smaller.
But small enough to fit 4 big tokens (if 4 players choose the same character) or 8 smaller ones (8-player smash) so there's definitely a limit

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But small enough to fit 4 big tokens (if 4 players choose the same character) or 8 smaller ones (8-player smash) so there's definitely a limit
Not really, because they can always split the roster into multiple pages if they really want to. Plus, if they reduce the size of the icons enough they can add a whole new row. They'll never run out of room and can keep adding new characters all they want. There's no set limit persay based on size. Obviously we have to keep our expectations low, but speculating how many can be fit on a roster is pointless.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not really, because they can always split the roster into multiple pages if they really want to. Plus, if they reduce the size of the icons enough they can add a whole new row. They'll never run out of room and can keep adding new characters all they want. There's no set limit persay based on size. Obviously we have to keep our expectations low, but speculating how many can be fit on a roster is pointless.
Yeah, but the second page thing may be a little awkward on multiplayer, unlike the 3DS where you're the only one playing on your system.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but the second page thing may be a little awkward on multiplayer, unlike the 3DS where you're the only one playing on your system.
I was mainly referring to 3DS. Wii U will never have such a problem because it can probably fit 70-80 characters before the cursors will be too small, and naturally the roster likely will never get that big.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was mainly referring to 3DS. Wii U will never have such a problem because it can probably fit 70-80 characters before the cursors will be too small, and naturally the roster likely will never get that big.
Someone should calculate it, just to see.....

But if the characters I want to see (or at least some of them) are confirmed as DLC, I really won't care how big the roster can be....

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
This thread is dead. he'll the game comes out next week. Quit worrying about DLC n just enjoy the game.

As far as Wolf, Lucas, n IC, play an older smash

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
This thread is dead. he'll the game comes out next week. Quit worrying about DLC n just enjoy the game.

I partially agree with you on that. I personally am not worrying about whether or not characters will be DLC (depending on who is, I may or may not buy them) and I am enjoying 3DS. But some people also really like to speculate and discuss (like me) and this thread can simply be changed to a general DLC Discussion thread (if there's not one already).

Wyntir

NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I partially agree with you on that. I personally am not worrying about whether or not characters will be DLC (depending on who is, I may or may not buy them) and I am enjoying 3DS. But some people also really like to speculate and discuss (like me) and this thread can simply be changed to a general DLC Discussion thread (if there's not one already).
I agree with you. I only said that bcuz I noticed some of these people are really stressing the "what ifs" out lol. Reminds me of Call of Duty. For example: As soon as the game comes out, we CoD players often speculate the upcoming map packs n spend more time worrying about that lol. Bad habit that sucks the fun outta the actual game at times. BUT (incoming contradiction).. it is fun to speculate [^_^]

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I agree too that complete

And if you want to play as a kicked character if not dlc go to 64/melee/brawl

And ofcoarse next year we get mewtwo

For now next week we got a week till the missing factors of smash comes out (3ds version Does not feel full the wii u version has that missing 75% what smash really feels like.)

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I agree with you. I only said that bcuz I noticed some of these people are really stressing the "what ifs" out lol. Reminds me of Call of Duty. For example: As soon as the game comes out, we CoD players often speculate the upcoming map packs n spend more time worrying about that lol. Bad habit that sucks the fun outta the actual game at times. BUT (incoming contradiction).. it is fun to speculate [^_^]
Ah. I understand. It is important to enjoy what we have in use moment to fully enjoy life to its fullest. Although, this is a speculation thread now, isn't it. I guess I should add my two cents into the mix, shouldn't I? I think the characters that will be DLC will be Optimus Prime Wolf, Lucas, and two newcomers. Wolf, since Star Fox U is coming out and a lot of people want him back. Lucas has less of a chance then Wolf due to the fact that his game was released only in Japan and his series is small, but if Mother 3 gets worldwide virtual console release, then it wouldn't surprise me if he was in the game. Ice Climbers if they get the issues on the 3DS fixed. Snake... Maybe if they bypass legal issues. But I don't view those two as likely. Mewtwo is guaranteed as of right now, and who knows who'll we'll get for newcomers.

Wyntir

NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Ah. I understand. It is important to enjoy what we have in use moment to fully enjoy life to its fullest. Although, this is a speculation thread now, isn't it. I guess I should add my two cents into the mix, shouldn't I? I think the characters that will be DLC will be Optimus Prime Wolf, Lucas, and two newcomers. Wolf, since Star Fox U is coming out and a lot of people want him back. Lucas has less of a chance then Wolf due to the fact that his game was released only in Japan and his series is small, but if Mother 3 gets worldwide virtual console release, then it wouldn't surprise me if he was in the game. Ice Climbers if they get the issues on the 3DS fixed. Snake... Maybe if they bypass legal issues. But I don't view those two as likely. Mewtwo is guaranteed as of right now, and who knows who'll we'll get for newcomers.
Yeah I do miss my Darth Wolf. Although Bad Mr Frosty deserves love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom