• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
HmIm... As much as I want the second scenario to happen (only because of Lucas), 10 characters is really pushing it. I'd say 5 or 6 at most including Mewtwo. I'd say the first scenario is more likely since DK and Zelda should get a new character (in my opinion) while Wolf should never have been cut.

The second one: I can see Isaac happening, but not Roy, Krystal, or Bandanna Dee (to an extent). I'm not sure who the girl on the bottom is (Inkling, I'm guessing), but maybe. Lucas would only really happen if Mother 3 was given a worldwide release.
I probably should've justified those characters before but
Dixie - She's popular, relevant and could be really unique
Isaac - As far as we know he's not in the game in any form, I wonder why?
Roy - Mario has 2 clones and his fanbase is big enough, He's also different enough from Marth and Lucina to justify his inclusion without him gaining any changes
Bandana Dee - Has been appearing a lot in the kirby series and has been playable twice. He's a main character and could represent the upcoming kirby and the rainbow paintbrush
Wolf - He's pretty popular and lots of people want him back, it's the year of star fox after all
Krystal - Another female and a veteran isn't enough for an entire year just for star fox
Lucas - Like wolf he's pretty popular and earthbound needs another rep
Inkling - Represents Splatoon

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Roy - Mario has 2 clones and his fanbase is big enough, He's also different enough from Marth and Lucina to justify his inclusion without him gaining any changes
Bandana Dee - Has been appearing a lot in the kirby series and has been playable twice. He's a main character and could represent the upcoming kirby and the rainbow paintbrush
Wolf - He's pretty popular and lots of people want him back, it's the year of star fox after all
Krystal - Another female and a veteran isn't enough for an entire year just for star fox
So that was Inkling. Well, I support your reasoning with Dixie, Isaac, and Wolf and I have such little info on Splatoon that I am neutral over Inkling. But... Fire Emblem already has four characters. Adding a fifth would just be pushing it to the extreme. Bandana Dee has been more popular lately, but I feel more characters should come first. Krystal... Only if Wolf is not in it. People were complaining about StarFox over represented when Wolf got in. Adding a fourth to a series that laid dormant since before Brawl I believe (except for 64 3D) is a bad idea. As much as I love Lucas and support him for DLC, his game wasn't as popular as Earthbound in Japan, and his series is only three little known games (except for maybe Earthbound), so the only reason I can imagine him being in the game is to advertise a worldwide release of Mother 3.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So that was Inkling. Well, I support your reasoning with Dixie, Isaac, and Wolf and I have such little info on Splatoon that I am neutral over Inkling. But... Fire Emblem already has four characters. Adding a fifth would just be pushing it to the extreme. Bandana Dee has been more popular lately, but I feel more characters should come first. Krystal... Only if Wolf is not in it. People were complaining about StarFox over represented when Wolf got in. Adding a fourth to a series that laid dormant since before Brawl I believe (except for 64 3D) is a bad idea. As much as I love Lucas and support him for DLC, his game wasn't as popular as Earthbound in Japan, and his series is only three little known games (except for maybe Earthbound), so the only reason I can imagine him being in the game is to advertise a worldwide release of Mother 3.
I don't think represntation matters much when it comes to DLC and honestly Roy is only there cause I couldn't think of another character that isn't chorus kids, I could put marshall but meh

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think represntation matters much when it comes to DLC and honestly Roy is only there cause I couldn't think of another character that isn't chorus kids, I could put marshall but meh
King K. Rool? You included both Krystal and Wolf, even though Krystal hasn't appeared since 2006. K. Rool appeared later than that, and is far more iconic of a Nintendo character, more iconic than Dixie (the only reason Dixie is mentioned as being "more" iconic than K. Rool is because he hasn't made his return yet, though she's pretty close to him).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
King K. Rool? You included both Krystal and Wolf, even though Krystal hasn't appeared since 2006. K. Rool appeared later than that, and is far more iconic of a Nintendo character, more iconic than Dixie (the only reason Dixie is mentioned as being "more" iconic than K. Rool is because he hasn't made his return yet, though she's pretty close to him).
Wolf's a veteran though

Either way this is a thing now

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Personally, the only reason I believe in representation is to let people know how big (and popular to a limited extent) the series is. But even if representation didn't matter to Nintendo, it would be ridiculous to have more, say, more Earthbound/Mother characters than Pokemon characters since Mother is only 3 games, 2 which aren't outside Japan officially and a vocal but small fanbase with a good amount of noteworthy characters while Pokemon is a giant, international phenomenon that has a titanic fanbase compared to mother as well as six 'generations' of Pokemon games and hundreds of characters to chose from.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So? Who cares if Wolf is a veteran? You said you were having trouble picking characters.

What do you mean by this roster, though? Its just a fanmade thing.
I'm saying you can't compare Krystal and Wolf to Dixie and K Rool as wolf's a veteran and could essentially be ported from brawl

I just can't see us getting two unique DK reps as DLC

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I'm saying you can't compare Krystal and Wolf to Dixie and K Rool as wolf's a veteran and could essentially be ported from brawl

I just can't see us getting two unique DK reps as DLC
On top of that, Sakurai did say he hated cutting characters due to always some people liking the character (even Pichu), so I guess that's a reason why I belive Wolf, Lucas, Snake (clearing legal issues), and Ice Climbers (if they can get the issues fixed) are higher priority than others. However, being a veteran is not a 'get in free' ticket, like Roy, Young Link, Pichu, and even Squirtle and Ivysaur. They just don't seem to be popular enough/were outright replaced/unnecessary in how many characters that franchise has, and have less of a chance than some highly requested newcomers, like Dixie/K. Rool, Isaac, and Inkling.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So I made this

and this

So, What do you guys think??

Also I know the outlines look awful
It's perfect!
This game is going to last long If they continue DLC.

With DLC they could add content without having to create a whole new game.

Moving on. I don't see M2 being the only DLC. But I was one of those "Give me M2 and I'm sold" Smash fans. So I'm good without more DLC. But I'm sure there is going to be another character DLC. Not anytime soon though.
For me I need Wolf, then everything else is extra, though I really would like Sami and Pious.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Krystal... Only if Wolf is not in it. People were complaining about StarFox over represented when Wolf got in. Adding a fourth to a series that laid dormant since before Brawl I believe (except for 64 3D) is a bad idea.
I strongly disagree. Starfox has been around since the SNES days. Four reps is not over representing the franchise.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i can say something

im kindof suspicious on something

they said spring 2015 for mewtwo

my gut is saying mewtwo is not going to be alone on that day (it just feels that way to me)

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I strongly disagree. Starfox has been around since the SNES days. Four reps is not over representing the franchise.
I can see your logic. However, with only 64 3D being the only StarFox game ever since pre-Brawl Command (which apparently was an abysmal failure if I recall correctly) aside from the yet to be released Star Fox U, I do not have high hopes for a four StarFox character, especially with them being knocked down to two in Smash 4 currently. My logic would dictate that each series would get one DLC character if there are a total of 5 or 6 DLC characters (including Mewtwo), which is reasonable to expect as of right now. If Nintendo bumps it up to ten, that's a different story and Krystal may have a shot (or Wolf, depending who has higher priority in the realm of Sakurai), but I believe that there may be others in line before getting 2 StarFox DLC characters.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
i can say something

im kindof suspicious on something

they said spring 2015 for mewtwo

my gut is saying mewtwo is not going to be alone on that day (it just feels that way to me)

I don't think he will be either.

The way I think it'll go is 3DS and Wii U owners will get Mewtwo in the spring. Then a full DLC with another 2-3 fighters and Mewtwo will be released in the summer to everyone.

Mariokart 8 released in May and it's DLC was announced in August. The first pack just came out this past week. I'm expecting Smash to follow a similar pattern.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I think it would be insane for there to be no DLC but mewtwo. Here's why:
A: Developing a character takes a long time. Around a year or 2, I believe. The reason they were able to fit so many in is because they are working on multiple ones at a time, and chances are they had some of the same people working on some of the same ones each time. If they have some people working on Mewtwo as we speak, it only makes sense they'd make some more content during that time.
B: They have been using DLC experimentally in the past, it would only make sense they'd do so for their biggest Wii U release so far.

My guess is that they used Mew Two to announce to people that they should buy both to get mew two, raising sales. Later on they'll announce more payed DLC that will also be free to people who have both, increasing sales even further. Though that might just be me hoping for free stuff for getting both since that's what I'm doing anyways.

Crossing my fingers for a bravely rep.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I read a rumour that there was some thought of Dixie/Diddy being a duo like Ice Climbers were. of cause that never happened but ti would have been a cool way to do it. And a cool homage to the DKC games. I would have really enjoyed this. Still Dixie as her own new character I'd have liked too.
Isaac has zero need to be in the game. If there is a new Golden Sun game that needs advertising then sure put him in but past that I don't see the need.
Roy, I can agree with your justification about his inclusion. He is totally different from Marth and was relatively well liked in Melee.
Bandana Dee , you make a good point with this one but I think Dedede, Kirby and Meta Knight is enough to advertise any Kirby game. This new character I think is not needed.
I totally agree with Wolf. He needs to be back as the Lylat Villan in smash Bros.
I was never a Lucas fan. But I had zero issues with him in Brawl. Earthbound/Mother is a dead series now. But I think his fans would appreciate him in the game.
Inkling would be a great way to advertise Splatoon, just like Roy :roymelee: advertised FE in Melee.[/B]

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it would be insane for there to be no DLC but mewtwo. Here's why:
A: Developing a character takes a long time. Around a year or 2, I believe. The reason they were able to fit so many in is because they are working on multiple ones at a time, and chances are they had some of the same people working on some of the same ones each time. If they have some people working on Mewtwo as we speak, it only makes sense they'd make some more content during that time.
B: They have been using DLC experimentally in the past, it would only make sense they'd do so for their biggest Wii U release so far.

My guess is that they used Mew Two to announce to people that they should buy both to get mew two, raising sales. Later on they'll announce more payed DLC that will also be free to people who have both, increasing sales even further. Though that might just be me hoping for free stuff for getting both since that's what I'm doing anyways.

Crossing my fingers for a bravely rep.
Characters take up to a year. However, the characters likely take less time with more people working on one character.

Mewtwo will probably be the only "DLC" character free for people who buy both versions. I can see other characters being available for free for purchasing/preordering an upcoming game they feature in, but that's it.

I read a rumour that there was some thought of Dixie/Diddy being a duo like Ice Climbers were. of cause that never happened but ti would have been a cool way to do it. And a cool homage to the DKC games. I would have really enjoyed this. Still Dixie as her own new character I'd have liked too.
Isaac has zero need to be in the game. If there is a new Golden Sun game that needs advertising then sure put him in but past that I don't see the need.
Roy, I can agree with your justification about his inclusion. He is totally different from Marth and was relatively well liked in Melee.
Bandana Dee , you make a good point with this one but I think Dedede, Kirby and Meta Knight is enough to advertise any Kirby game. This new character I think is not needed.
I totally agree with Wolf. He needs to be back as the Lylat Villan in smash Bros.
I was never a Lucas fan. But I had zero issues with him in Brawl. Earthbound/Mother is a dead series now. But I think his fans would appreciate him in the game.
Inkling would be a great way to advertise Splatoon, just like Roy :roymelee: advertised FE in Melee.[/B]
Diddy/Dixie were planned as a tag team in Brawl. Dixie is the only character of the "Forbidden 7" whose status was known.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I could see some of them though reasons like fanbase big enough or "can be unique" isn't enough to get in as DLC. I don't even think we're getting many more DLC characters than maybe 4-5 at most. If that's the case, I'd peg them as Wolf, Lucas, Isaac (maybe), Dixie, and Bandana Dee.

I do agree that some of the people you said seem pretty likely if there are more than just Mewtwo. However, I doubt Roy is coming back though.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That can be said for anyone, rosalina isn't needed, bowser jr isn't needed, Robin isn't needed, Greninja isn't needed

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I think Sakurai will keep adding characters and DLC to remove the need for a sequel.
We got Mewtwo, we might get Snake, Wolf, and Impa.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Characters take up to a year. However, the characters likely take less time with more people working on one character.

Mewtwo will probably be the only "DLC" character free for people who buy both versions. I can see other characters being available for free for purchasing/preordering an upcoming game they feature in, but that's it.

Diddy/Dixie were planned as a tag team in Brawl. Dixie is the only character of the "Forbidden 7" whose status was known.
Preorder a game and get free DLC.
That is so evil and underhanded it's genius. Part of me almost hopes they do that.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
If we get any DLC, I can see it following the same paths as Mewtwo, free for owners of both or registering a game from that series on club nintendo. Then releasing all characters separate and in DLC packs later on. If we get any characters the 5 most likely would be Impa, Bandanna Dee, Wolf, Inkling, and Dixie Kong.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think he will be either.

The way I think it'll go is 3DS and Wii U owners will get Mewtwo in the spring. Then a full DLC with another 2-3 fighters and Mewtwo will be released in the summer to everyone.

Mariokart 8 released in May and it's DLC was announced in August. The first pack just came out this past week. I'm expecting Smash to follow a similar pattern.
Thats kindof what i meant

But its morely like

It took 1 year 4 months and 2 days to make 47 characters (this is june 11th 2013 to spetember 13th 2014 japans release for short)

And yet it takes 4 months to make mewtwo (give or take 1 month)

I meant was i think mewtwo along with 1 or 2 more on spring 2015

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thats kindof what i meant

But its morely like

It took 1 year 4 months and 2 days to make 47 characters (this is june 11th 2013 to spetember 13th 2014 japans release for short)

And yet it takes 4 months to make mewtwo (give or take 1 month)

I meant was i think mewtwo along with 1 or 2 more on spring 2015
Um... 1 year 4 months? What the hell are you talking about?

Smash Bros. has been in development since Kid Icarus: Uprising released. In fact, if rumors are to be indicated, its been in development even longer.

June 11th, 2013 is when we got the first trailer and footage. If a game has only just started development, there is nothing there to show.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Um... 1 year 4 months? What the hell are you talking about?

Smash Bros. has been in development since Kid Icarus: Uprising released. In fact, if rumors are to be indicated, its been in development even longer.

June 11th, 2013 is when we got the first trailer and footage. If a game has only just started development, there is nothing there to show.
Oops thats right

Correction

2 years 5 months 21 days to make 47 characters

And yet mewtwo takes 4 months give or take 1 month

And thats just barely less than 10 characters if thats how long it takes 1 character

Im sure mewtwo will not be the only free dlc character you get in spring 2015 (if you have both version)

I think the club nintendo offer is dlc pack 1 for free in smash bros 4

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Very sorry if this has been brought up previously, but let's not forget that the recent 50-facts Nintendo Direct hinted towards new features that will be incorporated later on, Tourneys and Sharing for instance.

If this all is heading for spring, I'm presuming this will be released alongside the first DLC pack, which will be Mewtwo and possibly other low-manhour character (specifically, from Brawl in this case, if Brawls character data easily get transfered over to Smash 4). I'm honestly more hopeful for more N64 / Melee stages appearing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Very sorry if this has been brought up previously, but let's not forget that the recent 50-facts Nintendo Direct hinted towards new features that will be incorporated later on, Tourneys and Sharing for instance.

If this all is heading for spring, I'm presuming this will be released alongside the first DLC pack, which will be Mewtwo and possibly other low-manhour character (specifically, from Brawl in this case, if Brawls character data easily get transfered over to Smash 4). I'm honestly more hopeful for more N64 / Melee stages appearing.
Um, no, probably not. Most of this content will likely be available within a couple weeks, a month at the MAX.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Um, no, probably not. Most of this content will likely be available within a couple weeks, a month at the MAX.
I'd imagine they'd bundle up releases of new content for maximum hype, but then again, they might want online tourneys / sharing out relatively soon after launch.. Yeah, it could go either way.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd imagine they'd bundle up releases of new content for maximum hype, but then again, they might want online tourneys / sharing out relatively soon after launch.. Yeah, it could go either way.
No, I mean this content specifically. Yes, I do believe they'll bundle other future content in packs. I think Mewtwo will be a solo DLC character, mainly because players who buy both games will get Mewtwo free. If he's part of a pack, that cheapens the experience for those who both buy the pack and buy both games. The pack would instead probably include other character(s) and additional content. But the content announced in the direct will be released long before Spring.

D

Deleted member

I still think Inklings are the most likely newcomers via DLC to Smash.

Look at the newcomers to this Smash game, people. Please tell me how any of them don't relate to a recent successful franchise and/or an upcoming game in their franchise, or some other cross-promotion deal, or else they are hugely popular/wanted.

Even Duck Hunt is now coming to the Wii U Virtual Console, so they're more relevant than many of the characters you are requesting. Especially with amiibo, Nintendo has to consider how valuable new characters and amiibo would be.

D

Deleted member

I dunno

I can honestly see only 4 DLC characters being revealed. 10 is a bit overkill. Inkling would be nice to promote Splatoon.
Legitimately, I can see 4 being revealed early on, with talk of future DLC to come. I don't buy the idea that it takes so long for the entire group to make one fighter alone, however, considering how large the group is.

I personally see, other than Mewtwo, who should be seperate, 1 veteran and 3 newcomers, which should be a theme for each DLC package if they go in installments.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Legitimately, I can see 4 being revealed early on, with talk of future DLC to come. I don't buy the idea that it takes so long for the entire group to make one fighter alone, however, considering how large the group is.

I personally see, other than Mewtwo, who should be seperate, 1 veteran and 3 newcomers, which should be a theme for each DLC package if they go in installments.
Yeah, I agree. People keep bringing up Lucas being likely for a return, but the thing is, I'm not so sure about that. Lucas wasn't all that desired by the Japanese fanbase, Mother really is dead (since the developer confirmed as such), and Mother 3 is likely never getting localized. Lucas was probably cut just because Sakurai saw no reason to keep him.

Wolf, on the other hand, may have just gotten cut due to time constraints and not being high priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom