• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Oh now we look so stupid. Looks like there was no Wii U exclusive characters in the first place after all.
Those stupid guys reviewing the game, giving out wrong words as a misunderstandings! They don't even understand what "exclusives" means anyways!!
Well...I knew they were wrong. Shame on me for being trolled, but shame on them giving wrong infos.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Oh now we look so stupid. Looks like there was no Wii U exclusive characters in the first place after all.
Those stupid guys reviewing the game, giving out wrong words as a misunderstandings! They don't even understand what "exclusives" means anyways!!
Well...I knew they were wrong. Shame on me for being trolled, but shame on them giving wrong infos.
Something just feels missing :'(

:popo:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Something just feels missing :'(

:popo:
And Ridley, and Dixie/K. Rool, and several others that boggle my mind for not being on the roster yet some of the characters that did make it boggle my mind as much or more so. Shame. Hopefully those empty spots will be filled with some more fan demanded characters like Mewtwo.

Where did that image of the full css come from anyway? They don't even have Mii Fighters turned on for whatever reason. Looking at that I wonder how many more characters could be put in there? Seems like it has room for at least three. I just can't get over how haphazard and messy the CSS looks, disregarding the lack of characters that seem like they should be there already. Bowser Jr. not beside Bowser? Yoshi in the middle of the Mario characters? New clones in a clone corner but old ones not? All the classic characters just tossed around willy nilly instead of beside each other? Who ok'd the character placement here?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty sure the Data Transfer bit is done too. They connected both games and got no one.

But yeah, I think we can let this thread go since we have proof the theory is dead, respectively.

It was a fun ride, everyone. :)

But hey, DLC~

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Pretty sure the Data Transfer bit is done too. They connected both games and got no one.

But yeah, I think we can let this thread go since we have proof the theory is dead, respectively.

It was a fun ride, everyone. :)

But hey, DLC~
Well... the connectivity may not have done anything because it requires a day 1 update for the Wii U and an update for the 3DS version...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
And Ridley, and Dixie/K. Rool, and several others that boggle my mind for not being on the roster yet some of the characters that did make it boggle my mind as much or more so. Shame. Hopefully those empty spots will be filled with some more fan demanded characters like Mewtwo.

Where did that image of the full css come from anyway? They don't even have Mii Fighters turned on for whatever reason. Looking at that I wonder how many more characters could be put in there? Seems like it has room for at least three. I just can't get over how haphazard and messy the CSS looks, disregarding the lack of characters that seem like they should be there already. Bowser Jr. not beside Bowser? Yoshi in the middle of the Mario characters? New clones in a clone corner but old ones not? All the classic characters just tossed around willy nilly instead of beside each other? Who ok'd the character placement here?
Here my rosters in terms of Veterans only
3DS Roster:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw:

:4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac:
:4fox::4falco:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja:

:4ness:
:4duckhunt::popo::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:

:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute: Substitute = ?
Wii U Roster:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::popo:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4duckhunt:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4fox::4falco:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja:
:4falcon:

:4ness:
:4rob::4villager::4wiifit::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute: Substitute = ?

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Here's a little something I made:
I can't see...but it looks like Krystal's in there and I would be glad if she was. We need more heroines and villains.
...But....But :'(
I don't think Japan-only characters are acceptable to be in this Smash this time which it's understandable why Takamaru and Prince Sable ended up as Assist Trophies...

Well, if that arrow buttons have to do something with it in the near future, then we could still expect more DLCs if possible.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I can't see...but it looks like Krystal's in there and I would be glad if she was. We need more heroines and villains.

I don't think Japan-only characters are acceptable to be in this Smash this time which it's understandable why Takamaru and Prince Sable ended up as Assist Trophies...

Well, if that arrow buttons have to do something with it in the near future, then we could still expect more DLCs if possible.
So why's Marth Still Here ?
Lucas should have been more top priority seeing how his series was there since the star unlike Fire Emblem.
I just miss my main tis all :'(

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
...But....But :'(
I had such little room to work with, only three open spaces. I could've put in Wolf, Mewtwo and Lucas, but I feel like if we're going to get DLC, then it can't all be veterans. I suppose if you shrink the icons (I think you'd only have to shrink each one by one or two pixels) then you'd be able to fit another column in there. Then you could have a total of seven more spaces (than the currently final roster).

I know Krystal's chances are low, but she's the only characters (I can think of) that they could add that would actually get me more hyped for this game. Even if she were to be added, I'm not so sure if they would give her the moveset I would really want for her (Fox's moves in Starfox Adventures while using the staff).

And Earthbound is a dead series. Shigesato Itoi himself said that it would be impossible to get him to make Mother 4. No offense, but a dead series really doesn't need more than one fighter. That being said, I am not against Lucas' return at all. I just don't want the DLC to be all veterans.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
So why's Marth Still Here ?
Lucas should have been more top priority seeing how his series was there since the star unlike Fire Emblem.
I just miss my main tis all :'(
Well that's...okay I'd take that back. Sorry.
But honestly here...I wasn't expecting Marth and Ike to return in the first place because we've always thought they're gonna be replaced with Chrom and Lucina. I was shocked by that part more than anyone here if I'm correct.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
But looking at the good side, IF there is one in other words, we still have that eerie arrow buttons that has something to do with DLCs, and I wouldn't think Mewtwo will be the first and last, so we can expect more characters if possible. New or veterans, the hype may be still alive I guess.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
You forgot Mewtwo :p
I didn't forget. I just didn't have room. And I'd rather see Krystal in there. :p
But looking at the good side, if there IS one in other words, we still have that eerie arrow buttons that has something to do with DLCs, and I wouldn't think Mewtwo will the first and last, so we can expect more characters if possible. New or veterans, the hype may be still alive I guess.
The arrows make sense for changing character select screens in the 3DS version, since only one player is using it, but I can't imagine them having two separate pages of characters on the Wii U version, because, especially with 8 players playing, it would be pretty annoying to have everyone going through the two pages to select their character. I think with the Wii U version they're going to have to fit them all onto one screen.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Well that's...okay I'd take that back. Sorry.
But honestly here...I wasn't expecting Marth and Ike to return in the first place because we've always thought they're gonna be replaced with Chrom and Lucina. I was shocked by that part more than anyone here if I'm correct.
I was so happy to see Ike return he always got the short end of the stick compared to Marth
Just like Lucas to Ness
And just like Wolf to Falco.........
I'm sensing a pattern on why I might main these guys..

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I was so happy to see Ike return he always got the short end of the stick compared to Marth
Just like Lucas to Ness
And just like Wolf to Falco.........
I'm sensing a pattern on why I might main these guys..
Hey, you're not the only one feeling disappointed Lucas doesn't return. I used to use Lucas because I loved his attacks as being fast and strong, and I am truly sad he's gone even I knew he'd be.
I'm well disappointed Ice Climbers didn't return too (and I still blame 3DS for not having enough power).

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I'm well disappointed Ice Climbers didn't return too (and I still blame 3DS for not having enough power).
And rightfully so. There's no real reason why the Wii U and 3DS versions had to have exactly the same characters. When Soul Calibur 2 came out, each of the gamecube, xbox and ps2 versions got their own exclusive character and most people don't own all three systems, so the chances were very slim that you'd ever have all of the characters. At least with the 3DS and Wii U, I would assume, most Nintendo fans would have both, or be willing to get both, so most people would still get to play as all of the characters between the two. The more that differentiates the two games the better. The more similar the two games are, the less reasons you have to get both. There's no cross-play, either. That would actually be a reason for the two to have the same roster.

If they don't want to screw the 3DS version by not giving it Ice Climbers if the Wii U version did, then they could just give the 3DS version their own exclusive character to even things out.

D

Deleted member 245254

Seeing the roster page has me a little confused on future placements, especially for Mewtwo.

You'd think he would slot next to other Pokemon, which means Captain Falcon gets bumped down a row and then the top row remains strangely offset compared to the aligned bottom row.

I don't know, the strange arrangement still leads me to believe their are two characters yet to be revealed as DLC, in order to make sure it fills out a straight 4x13 box eventually. It just seems shortsighted to design the character select to purposefully have offset when in the only game to not have that was Melee, and even then it was still alined in a way that the open spaces on the right and left were the "random" boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And rightfully so. There's no real reason why the Wii U and 3DS versions had to have exactly the same characters. When Soul Calibur 2 came out, each of the gamecube, xbox and ps2 versions got their own exclusive character and most people don't own all three systems, so the chances were very slim that you'd ever have all of the characters. At least with the 3DS and Wii U, I would assume, most Nintendo fans would have both, or be willing to get both, so most people would still get to play as all of the characters between the two. The more that differentiates the two games the better. The more similar the two games are, the less reasons you have to get both. There's no cross-play, either. That would actually be a reason for the two to have the same roster.

If they don't want to screw the 3DS version by not giving it Ice Climbers if the Wii U version did, then they could just give the 3DS version their own exclusive character to even things out.
That creates severe disarray. Now you have to choose one or the other, so there's more fighting over which roster is the best.

He made it clear he wants players to experience the same characters in Smash 4, regardless of what version. Any exclusives just causes more 3DS vs Wii U crap. If everybody is treat the same with roster choices, nobody ever gets left out.

To be honest, he's beyond clear on this and it just won't happen. It may be best to let it go at this point. I think treating the players with zero bias in this case, no matter what version they choose, is a good thing. The Wii U players don't deserve any special characters that the 3DS doesn't. And any exclusives will quite literally piss people off if they picked the wrong game. What happens if they want two specific characters but they're on opposite versions?Now they are forced to spend tons of money. As of now, we have a full choice on what to spend on. The features, I admit, should be way more different in the Wii U version. Target Blast being repeated was a bad idea. Target Smash shouldn't have been there, meaning players could choose which they like more.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I didn't forget. I just didn't have room. And I'd rather see Krystal in there. :p

The arrows make sense for changing character select screens in the 3DS version, since only one player is using it, but I can't imagine them having two separate pages of characters on the Wii U version, because, especially with 8 players playing, it would be pretty annoying to have everyone going through the two pages to select their character. I think with the Wii U version they're going to have to fit them all onto one screen.
But Mewtwo's been confirmed idiot

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
lol. You got a mouth on you. I was the one making it, so I can make it any way I want. Deal with it.
Eh, let's just stop this silly arguing anyway.

That said, he did have a point; If it's a roster you want to see for Smash 4 specifically, you should include all confirmed characters. Regardless, yours does look nice. Great editing job.

Besides Mewtwo, there needs to be a space for Mii Fighters. I'm thinking that it could be easily done like how Mii Fighters are. You basically select a space, and go into a Menu of character choices, and they can go into a second menu for their custom movesets.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
lol. You got a mouth on you. I was the one making it, so I can make it any way I want. Deal with it.
Well, it's never gonna be true cause Mew2's missing...

He's confirmed. Deal with it!

It's like if I made my own roster amd removed Mario. It just wouldn't male sense cause it's missing one of the characters

EDIT: No space for Mii Fighters?

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Well, it's never gonna be true cause Mew2's missing...

He's confirmed. Deal with it!

It's like if I made my own roster amd removed Mario. It just wouldn't male sense cause it's missing one of the characters

EDIT: No space for Mii Fighters?
Uhm... I have nothing to deal with as far as Mewtwo being confirmed. I'm glad he's coming back. I just don't care enough to put him in my stupid mockup css. There's no Mii fighters in the screenshot that it's taken from. I mean, if you guys want to criticize my css, then just make your own that way you can enjoy it.

Eh, let's just stop this silly arguing anyway.

That said, he did have a point; If it's a roster you want to see for Smash 4 specifically, you should include all confirmed characters. Regardless, yours does look nice. Great editing job.

Besides Mewtwo, there needs to be a space for Mii Fighters. I'm thinking that it could be easily done like how Mii Fighters are. You basically select a space, and go into a Menu of character choices, and they can go into a second menu for their custom movesets.
lol. It is silly arguing. I just put in three characters that I wanted to see in Smash.

Besides, Mewtwo isn't coming until Spring. Maybe these could be characters that come out for both Wii U and 3DS when the Wii U version launches. No connectivity, no payments, just free DLC. Maybe they hadn't finished the characters before the launch of the 3DS version of the game and decided to just put them into the game when the Wii U version launches, rather than delay the 3DS version even further. Maybe Mewtwo was farther down on their list of characters to finish, or perhaps it's just the fact that converting him over from the Melee game is what's making it take longer than Brawl veterans and newcomers. If that's the case, then maybe it would have just been easier to make him again from scratch, but perhaps they wanted to bring the same feel that he had in the Melee game and decided the best way to do that was to just use the code from Melee.

Yeah, Mii Fighters would need a space, too, and will most likely worked the way you described, but they weren't in the css screenshot that I used and I just wanted to add the three that I really wanted to see be added.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
I am still happy with the roster.

Do I wish Falco, Toon Link, Ganondorf and even Luigi were altered more? Yes I do.
Do I wish characters didn't share final smashes? Definitely.
Do I wish Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit were costume changes, or Luigi-ized? Of course.
Do I think the Koopalings were a waste of time to create? Yes, but I am happy they used that time.
Do I want to punch someone in the face for what they did to Charizard and Olimar? Hell yes I do.
Do I like the new voices? Sonic, Kirby and Pit are great. Fox and Falco make me want to rip my ears off.
Do I think we'll get more DLC characters alongside Mewtwo? Damn straight I do.

Mewtwo was the poster child for character DLC. The Smash Bros team is obviously still working hard on the game to fix balance patches. They are using For Glory and Conquest to aid them in that. Is it that crazy to believe the team is still working on some characters that didn't make the cut because of time restraints?

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
When I read this comment, I was wondering for a while...what if those arrow buttons actually had no meaning, which was supposed to be disposed but accidentally left there and made the hackers and viewers confused? For the DLCs fitting in the empty slots to make a perfect full screen roster does make sense, but then the arrows should be meaningless if that's meant to be.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Seeing the roster page has me a little confused on future placements, especially for Mewtwo.

You'd think he would slot next to other Pokemon, which means Captain Falcon gets bumped down a row and then the top row remains strangely offset compared to the aligned bottom row.

I don't know, the strange arrangement still leads me to believe their are two characters yet to be revealed as DLC, in order to make sure it fills out a straight 4x13 box eventually. It just seems shortsighted to design the character select to purposefully have offset when in the only game to not have that was Melee, and even then it was still alined in a way that the open spaces on the right and left were the "random" boxes.
The roster is very weird considering two of the other most likely cut veterans are going to go right there on that row as well
I guess move Kirby down ? You know what I haven't got a clue.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The strange alignment also makes me think that, but then the 3DS layout is so different. Several characters on 3DS are out of alignment from the Wii U version, there's no real good way to resolve this issue. In Smash 3DS, the top looks fine, but in Smash Wii U, it almost looks like there was supposed to be an extra DK character there. There's no other character who really fits well in that spot except maybe IC's, but then you'd think they'd have filled it in by shifting Duck Hunt and R.O.B. up so there's not this gap in the top row. And even then IC's would still be in a weird position.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
The strange alignment also makes me think that, but then the 3DS layout is so different. Several characters on 3DS are out of alignment from the Wii U version, there's no real good way to resolve this issue. In Smash 3DS, the top looks fine, but in Smash Wii U, it almost looks like there was supposed to be an extra DK character there. There's no other character who really fits well in that spot except maybe IC's, but then you'd think they'd have filled it in by shifting Duck Hunt and R.O.B. up so there's not this gap in the top row. And even then IC's would still be in a weird position.
I still want to know about these two :popo:
Where and what happened to the Data?
The official artwork ?
The possible amiibos?
Am I the only ne that still think that they can come back when Sakurai realise how silly it is to leave a character out :'(
I mean that's a whole character right there ready and raring to go as potential DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still want to know about these two :popo:
Where and what happened to the Data?
The official artwork ?
The possible amiibos?
Am I the only ne that still think that they can come back when Sakurai realise how silly it is to leave a character out :'(
I mean that's a whole character right there ready and raring to go as potential DLC.
Its not a matter of it being "silly" for them to be left out. They weren't merely "left out," he couldn't get them to work on 3DS. That's all it was. Now yeah, clearly, he did remove all the data of them being playable from the game, that's really weird. I do think there's a pretty good chance of them being added back again if he can get them working on 3DS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its not a matter of it being "silly" for them to be left out. They weren't merely "left out," he couldn't get them to work on 3DS. That's all it was. Now yeah, clearly, he did remove all the data of them being playable from the game, that's really weird. I do think there's a pretty good chance of them being added back again if he can get them working on 3DS.
Er, if he can get them working on the 3DS, there's no "chance", they might as well be guaranteed. He clearly didn't want to to cut them(just left with no choice, due to development time). The other vets are far more arguable. We don't know the context of their cuts at all.

noticus

Smash Cadet
Super suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper bummed the ice climbers didn't make it in.... Don't see why they just can't add them back for the wii u version. Yeah, I get no version exclusives or whatever (bull**** excuse), but who would be offended if they were added back? Like would anyone be really upset if they just said "hey, sorry they didn't work on 3DS, here they are on wii u". Why would you alienate the fan base?
I guess what can I expect, after brawl
I still really like it, it just seems like a series of weird and bad decisions for the sake of.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom