• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I can't either but Sakurai is still unpredictable. What bugs the hell out of me though is why even mention the possibility of Mewtwo even being in this game in the first place. It's possible that Sakurai could a refered to Mega Y during the XY q&a at last years E3.
He said "We'll think about it". Which honestly does not say a thing as it's a non-answer. He isn't going to right off the bat say "yes" or "no". It's just basically another form of "We can't comment on this now" just like every company asked a question they can't answer now.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
He said "We'll think about it". Which honestly does not say a thing as it's a non-answer. He isn't going to right off the bat say "yes" or "no". It's just basically another form of "We can't comment on this now" just like every company asked a question they can't answer now.
Wasn't the question not even directed at him in the first place. Why make a comment about the subject if he's unsure of it happening?

zferolie

Smash Hero
SOmeone posted this back in September, calling smash world

In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!
That is VERY interesting. This may help confirm the tower of smash rumor, since they mention: including the tower of smash)

Plus, Wonder Red, ISaac, and future SPlatoon girl from Splatoon?! Freaking sweet!

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
I've said this time and time again. I just don't see there being any new character additions in the Wii U version. There are two reasons for this. One, the 3DS version would be left degraded and sales likely won't be as high because of the lack of said "additional characters".
Just because the WiiU version is better doesn't mean the 3ds version is any less good. I mean IGN isn't going to go " Oh man more characters in the WiiU version?! Sorry 3ds that 9.5 score is now a 6."

And regarding Ice climbers yeah the future is bleak if we have to have the same roster for both. Doesn't mean Sakurai won't change his mind. Anything is possible at this point and if it would make the game better. I don't see why he wouldn't go back on his word. Ultimately like he said with character inclusion. If he thinks it's a good idea despite the communities opinion. He's going to do it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just because the WiiU version is better doesn't mean the 3ds version is any less good. I mean IGN isn't going to go " Oh man more characters in the WiiU version?! Sorry 3ds that 9.5 score is now a 6."

And regarding Ice climbers yeah the future is bleak if we have to have the same roster for both. Doesn't mean Sakurai won't change his mind. Anything is possible at this point and if it would make the game better. I don't see why he wouldn't go back on his word. Ultimately like he said with character inclusion. If he thinks it's a good idea despite the communities opinion. He's going to do it.
How I see the ice climbers: They will be released in the future once the new 3DS is made available. IF the increased processing power lets them work on the new 3ds. If not then they are sadly doomed

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't the question not even directed at him in the first place. Why make a comment about the subject if he's unsure of it happening?
Because he doesn't know if he can easily do it. A lot of Pokemon stuff is controlled by Gamefreak. He has to think about it, make sure it's doable, see how easy it is to do, make sure it doesn't cut into more important characters/modes/etc. in his opinion.

It's clear by now he couldn't port it over and needs more time. This could be why the Greninja trailer looked similar to Mewtwo. He might be planning to have him in the Wii U version or DLC. No telling what'll happen. Even I want him back, and I'm a "too many Gen 1 is a bad idea" kind of person.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
How I see the ice climbers: They will be released in the future once the new 3DS is made available. IF the increased processing power lets them work on the new 3ds. If not then they are sadly doomed
That never even crossed my mind. The only thing is. Would they be able to play against someone with a regular 3ds?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
SOmeone posted this back in September, calling smash world

That is VERY interesting. This may help confirm the tower of smash rumor, since they mention: including the tower of smash)

Plus, Wonder Red, ISaac, and future SPlatoon girl from Splatoon?! Freaking sweet!
Do leakers have no idea what a camera is or they just afraid of being sued (or called out for being fake) cause this sounds too good to be true.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Do leakers have no idea what a camera is or they just afraid of being sued (or called out for being fake) cause this sounds too good to be true.
Do you remember what happened with the ERSB leaker with his "camera" ?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Do you remember what happened with the ERSB leaker with his "camera" ?
What Nekoo said. That ESRB leaker most likely got sued for everything he/she owns and will never be able to get a job again thanks to doing that.

That never even crossed my mind. The only thing is. Would they be able to play against someone with a regular 3ds?
I did forget about that... It's possible they won't have you fight against them? Though, when you fight online, you are seeing what they do, the 3DS is no processing the nana's AI on your machine. AT least I think.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, no they would not. That'd lag it to hell and back. Which is probably why it's a very unlikely scenario. Likely, the New 3DS and 3DS are going to be connectable, but making Smash done that way just doesn't work due to the more powerful servers via the system only being good on one of those. It's a nightmare of the idea for the regular 3DS player. I can only see them connectable if no exclusive characters exist.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
No, no they would not. That'd lag it to hell and back. Which is probably why it's a very unlikely scenario. Likely, the New 3DS and 3DS are going to be connectable, but making Smash done that way just doesn't work due to the more powerful servers via the system only being good on one of those. It's a nightmare of the idea for the regular 3DS player. I can only see them connectable if no exclusive characters exist.
I thought so, but I didn't know if there could be a way to make it work. I have pretty much no clue about that stuff.
Now if it were connected to a WiiU do you think they could pull a MH4U and play the multiplayer through the WiiU? And you could have Ice climbers for single player ventures but not multiplayer unless connected to the WiiU. At least you could "train" with Ice climbers and then take your game online later. But that's a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought so, but I didn't know if there could be a way to make it work. I have pretty much no clue about that stuff.
Now if it were connected to a WiiU do you think they could pull a MH4U and play the multiplayer through the WiiU? And you could have Ice climbers for single player ventures but not multiplayer unless connected to the WiiU. At least you could "train" with Ice climbers and then take your game online later. But that's a bit of a stretch.
Nah, any playable characters in any way is meant to be on both. I miss them too, but they're pretty much gone. Even some silly controllable Boss has to be both or none since they become a playable character by default. They're on the roster by that point.

I think their only chance of coming back is if they're essentially a new single Ice Climber who can summon the other for a move or two. And that would mess up their playstyle, so it was probably dismissed as an idea. Every veteran so far still plays very similar to their old selves in some way. That's a huge chance. So it's probably why they won't come back. Sucks, but tis what it is.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
What Nekoo said. That ESRB leaker most likely got sued for everything he/she owns and will never be able to get a job again thanks to doing that.
I know, just tired of people not trusting text leaks unless they see picture proof evidence for it (cause the Palutena leak was so convincing...).

This leak is one of the few that hasn't been quickly debunked yet although a lot of this leak's info does sound a little fan-farish.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Because he doesn't know if he can easily do it. A lot of Pokemon stuff is controlled by Gamefreak. He has to think about it, make sure it's doable, see how easy it is to do, make sure it doesn't cut into more important characters/modes/etc. in his opinion.

It's clear by now he couldn't port it over and needs more time. This could be why the Greninja trailer looked similar to Mewtwo. He might be planning to have him in the Wii U version or DLC. No telling what'll happen. Even I want him back, and I'm a "too many Gen 1 is a bad idea" kind of person.
In qoute he said "We're thinking about it" so he was referencing both him and someone else, which was probably Gamefreak.

And having one more Gen 1 pokemon isnt going to hurt anyone since thats the generation most people (NOT HARDCORE POKEMON FANS!!!) regongize. Plus there isnt any other non-gen 1 pokemon that has a legit reason of being in right now.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
42 days until we prove whether or not Ridley is playable

If there is DLC, Mewtwo is very likely to be one of them, everyone wants it

The Ice Climbers caught a cold, so they won't be in SSB4 (besides, chain grabs have been removed in SSB4)

There! Problem solved!

And having one more Gen 1 pokemon isnt going to hurt anyone
There's already three Gen I Pokemon in SSB4 (Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Charizard)

Last edited:

Naoshi

Gen 1 is the most iconic Generation and everyone knows a lot of the Pokemon from there. 4 Gen 1 Pokemon isn't going to be a real problem. Technically Charizard and Mewtwo (as much as I dislike his Mega forms) would represent both Gen 1 AND 6 with their Mega forms as their FS. Brawl had 5 Gen 1 reps anyways.

Besides, all the known Pokemon stages are based from Gen 5 and 6. So I fail to see the problem with Mewtwo getting in the roster via DLC in terms of Generation representation.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Gen 1 is the most iconic Generation and everyone knows a lot of the Pokemon from there. 4 Gen 1 Pokemon isn't going to be a real problem. Technically Charizard and Mewtwo (as much as I dislike his Mega forms) would represent both Gen 1 AND 6 with their Mega forms as their FS.
This. People need to stop thinking that every single gen needs to be repped in playable form. That's what the Pokeball item is for.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This. People need to stop thinking that every single gen needs to be repped in playable form. That's what the Pokeball item is for.
Besides, Gen I Pokemons have technically appeared in most (if not all) Pokemon games, so they pretty much represents the series as a whole, representing the first (and best-selling) title of the Pokemon series

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
And that matters how? Other then pissing off New Gen Loyalist and Anti Genwunners.
Nothing's going to bring love to next gen pokemon if they don't include them in things other than pokeballs. Though I agree it's hard to be more iconic than Gen 1.

Naoshi

Forgot to reply to this. But since Smash Bros is HIS series, of course he would want to answer it. Who else would?

Also, he made the comment because he was unsure about it. He gave an honest fair answer. "Thinking about it" does not mean a guaranteed yes or no. It's not teasing either

Nothing's going to bring love to next gen pokemon if they don't include them in things other than pokeballs. Though I agree it's hard to be more iconic than Gen 1.
Eh, we got Lucario and Greninja. They won't be leaving anytime soon. I'm sure the next Smash will have a Gen 7 or 8 rep. Not to mention, this is the first Smash Bros without a newcomer from Gen 1.

Plus the newer gens tends to get new stages. So it ain't all that bad.

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Eh, we got Lucario and Greninja. They won't be leaving anytime soon. I'm sure the next Smash will have a Gen 7 or 8 rep. Not to mention, this is the first Smash Bros without a newcomer from Gen 1.
Plus the newer gens tends to get new stages. So it ain't all that bad.
Very true. Maybe there just aren't enough icons in current gen games then. With Gen 1 they had a ton of poster children. Now it's dwindled quite a bit.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This thread talks about the suspiciously empty space in the 3DS version's CSS, but what about the "missing stage" in the SSS? (there's a space right to the random)

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
This thread talks about the suspiciously empty space in the 3DS version's CSS, but what about the "missing stage" in the SSS? (there's a space right to the random)
I think someone found out it was a stage dlc option when they went through games data.

Naoshi

If this is the case, did that person found something about characters?
I think they found an "arrow" icon in the CSS files, just like they did with the Stage Select screen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

look a sequel

now look at this

http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...formation-thread.337544/page-49#post-17643335

so mr prince may be on to something

looks like there was a smash world but looks like it got cut it looks like he figured out a mode that was in at first
We've talked about this in the ToS thread. The guy kept saying a bunch of stuff posts later and then backtracked and claimed he was "lied" to. He also lied about Wonder Red being playable because he then said he's an AT in his final post.

Last edited:

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
That may be what I'm saying, but I actually prefer the 3DS version over the Wii U version. Its just...you know, a lot of people see it that way.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If this is the case, did that person found something about characters?
I think they just found that there were arrows for DLC on the stage and character selection

look a sequel

now look at this

http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...formation-thread.337544/page-49#post-17643335

so mr prince may be on to something

looks like there was a smash world but looks like it got cut it looks like he figured out a mode that was in at first
We've been talking about that for awhile now :p

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Why would there be arrow in the CSS if there are 4 missing spots?
Doesn't matter, 3 or 4 of them can be some of the extra/new characters in the first page, and if there are even more than 3 or 4 characters, then that's what the arrow is for. Who knows what we are going to get, we have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
That may be what I'm saying, but I actually prefer the 3DS version over the Wii U version. Its just...you know, a lot of people see it that way.
You can't accurately say that yet though. And people shouldn't see it that way unless they've played both. Sakurai and the SmashTeam are going to put 100% into both games. Meaning they have to do what's best on each console. No gamer should want a game that could be improved to not be, because it is inaccessible to them. That's just spiteful. Sakurai gave the 3ds the best smash game it could handle. Why shouldn't the WiiU and WiiU owners get the same respect?

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
You can't accurately say that yet though. And people shouldn't see it that way unless they've played both. Sakurai and the SmashTeam are going to put 100% into both games. Meaning they have to do what's best on each console. No gamer should want a game that could be improved to not be, because it is inaccessible to them. That's just spiteful. Sakurai gave the 3ds the best smash game it could handle. Why shouldn't the WiiU and WiiU owners get the same respect?
Words of wisdom and logic, thank you, I couldn't have said it better.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Other than the fact that you said Wii U twice, I completly agree. Why are there people already comparing the two when the Wii U version is not even in stores? We barely know anything about the Wii U version since Sakurai wanted to give emphasis on the 3DS version, but I'm still surprised that nothing new about the Wii U version has been revealed since the 3DS version was internationally released.

What are you up to, Sakurai? :glare:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Calm before the storm...
Waiting the hype train at the Nintendo station.

Choo! Choo!

Anyhoo, if there really are four hidden characters, who would you like to see?

My list (not in order):
1.Bomberman
2.Roy (not as a Marth clone, though)
3.Mewtwo
4.Masked Man
5ish.Lucas (as a palette swap for Ness), so MM would make sense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom