• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let's break it down for Mewtwo:
-Popular? Yes
-Games in development? Pokemon X & Y was in development at the time, and Mewtwo was enjoying a resurgence as a result
-Unique? Why yes; psychic-type villian-esque Pokemon that is the first legendary. Original moveset in Melee was very unique
-Representative? Yes; Mewtwo is not only iconic of Pokemon, but was a poster-boy for Mega Evolutions in X & Y
-Games have a future? Yes
-Conflict with other characters? Now this is what confuses me. Since Mewtwo was removed, his traits have kind of been scavenged by other characters. Lucario's Aura Sphere, Palutena's Warp, Rosalina's telekinesis. Is Sakurai trying to say there's no more room for a character like Mewtwo but that there's space for Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Falco, etc.? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY SAKURAI??

So really, it boils down to whether Sakurai thinks that Mewtwo would still be unique in this iteration of Smash Bros. Otherwise, there is no reason in the circles of Inferno that he should not be in this game, especially since he already was.
Or Gamefreak forced them to use someone else(making them higher priority than Mewtwo). I have noticed he's way less advertised over Lucario. And yes, some companies have control over what Sakurai can do. I don't see why they would after the new movie, double Megas, but I can't speak for the company's specific plans.

DLC might be a bigger chance for him if he's not in the Wii U version right away.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Or Gamefreak forced them to use someone else(making them higher priority than Mewtwo). I have noticed he's way less advertised over Lucario. And yes, some companies have control over what Sakurai can do. I don't see why they would after the new movie, double Megas, but I can't speak for the company's specific plans.

DLC might be a bigger chance for him if he's not in the Wii U version right away.
Wasn't Lucario one of the main faces for the new Pokken thing?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't Lucario one of the main faces for the new Pokken thing?
I think so.

Actually, I have a theory on Jigglypuff too; Since she was in the first game, Gamefreak thinks she's a major face of Smash itself and must stay no matter what. This could be why it appears she was created late in Brawl's development(which is why she's not that good in the meta) and the data files suggest the same in 4's development(not that it means she actually was created late, but it could be the case. I don't consider the data files' exact order to mean anything, but it's a reasonable guess).

lightdasher

Smash Lord
In case you guys missed it, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are on the official website now under the "Secret Fighters Unveiled!" section.

And BTW, has anyone seen this article yet? I believe this strengthens Mewtwo and Ridley's chances even more. http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-get-on-the-1644208199
"Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen" He says as he adds in Doctor Mario, Little Mac, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog (And probably Megaman at this point RIP) and yet keeps in Captain Falcon, Ike, Game & Watch, Ness, ROB ect while removing Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf and Snake.

Sakurai confuses the hell out of me

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
"Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen" He says as he adds in Doctor Mario, Little Mac, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog (And probably Megaman at this point RIP) and yet keeps in Captain Falcon, Ike, Game & Watch, Ness, ROB ect while removing Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf and Snake.

Ikr? he totally contradicts himself...

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I don't think Mewtwo has to worry about similarities with other characters. Saying his telekinesis and shadow ball attacks are issues are like saying Samus and Lucario would cause conflict with each other, because of their neutral B.

All we can do is wait for the connectivity rumor or DLC.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Have people really forgotten about the Direct? It has been stated that there will be no exclusive characters. The roster on the 3DS is the final roster.
As for DLC, well, it's unlikely at this point. While most would think that DLC would be an obvious thing to do, Sakurai has already said some things about it. Let's go back 1 year. Back in an interview, the same interview that deconfirmed tripping, Sakurai had stated that there were no plans for DLC (read here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed). Many have argued that this article doesn't deconfirm DLC. I won't talk about what I think, but there is something I would like to say. IF there was DLC, there are 2 things you'd have to keep in mind:
1) Both the 3DS and Wii U would be getting the same DLC (unless it's stages). Sakurai has stated that he doesn't want there to be version exclusive characters.
2) There wouldn't be DLC for a while. It would come out months after the game.
TBH, I'm not very satisfied with the final roster myself *cough* NO GENO *cough*. But I don't really want DLC. Too many stupid characters could be added (as if some of the current characters aren't stupid enough *cough* Duck Hunt Dog *cough*).
Oh, since I see people talking about it, Ridley won't be playable, even if there is DLC. He was pretty much confirmed to be a stage boss, just like Yellow Devil.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Have people really forgotten about the Direct? It has been stated that there will be no exclusive characters. The roster on the 3DS is the final roster.
As for DLC, well, it's unlikely at this point. While most would think that DLC would be an obvious thing to do, Sakurai has already said some things about it. Let's go back 1 year. Back in an interview, the same interview that deconfirmed tripping, Sakurai had stated that there were no plans for DLC (read here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed). Many have argued that this article doesn't deconfirm DLC. I won't talk about what I think, but there is something I would like to say. IF there was DLC, there are 2 things you'd have to keep in mind:
1) Both the 3DS and Wii U would be getting the same DLC (unless it's stages). Sakurai has stated that he doesn't want there to be version exclusive characters.
TBH, I'm not very satisfied with the final roster myself *cough* NO GENO *cough*. But I don't really want DLC. Too many stupid characters could be added (as if some of the current characters aren't stupid enough *cough* Duck Hunt Dog *cough*).
Oh, since I see people talking about it, Ridley won't be playable, even if there is DLC. He was pretty much confirmed to be a stage boss, just like Yellow Devil.
You clearly haven't been following the topic. No one is saying these are exclusive characters, rather they are in the WiiU version first, and then can be transfered to the 3ds version, or patched in to the 3ds version of the game. This would still stay within the same roster rule.

Also, Ridley has not been confirmed to be stage boss. Lets stop spreading that myth.

Raido

Smash Apprentice

He was talking about newcomers. So half of your list is meaningless.

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were not planned in the initial roster. As many have stated this as well.

Little Mac has a future. He had a game on the Wii and has high chances to get more games. And Megaman obviously isn't dead yet.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
I know it's different games but as far as DLC goes nintendo has been doing pretty good with relevant and meaningful content. Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors seem to be on the right track. Though if that's all true I guess it doesn't matter . :p

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Errr... @ the bolded. It was obvious he was talking about newcomers that were planned from the start, not veterans. You are seriously reading too much into this.

They wouldn't remove franchises (except Ice Climbers due to limitations), so Falcon and Ness are staying. And I don't understand why you brought up Ike? He's from a franchise that's now more popular than it ever was before plus he's DLC in the latest one. Wolf however IS from a dying franchise Squirtle and Ivysaur were lower priority because Charizard was the most popular one of the 3. Snake likely got cut due to his unimportance with Nintendo, he was a guest character in Brawl, it was a miracle he even got in Smash Bros at all. These characters weren't just deliberated cutted, they were considered very low priority to make way for more important veterans.

ROB, G&W and Duck Hunt Dog were added to their respective games due to historic reasons. ROB helped the NES getting in the western market during the gaming crash, G&W was Nintendo's earlier handheld before the Game Boy and Duck Hunt Dog was an icon of the NES era and represents the Nintendo Zapper accessory. Little Mac is from a very recent title that has been well received and sold well, his future ain't bleak.

Dark Pit and Doctor Mario were last minute additions to the roster and only to beef up the count and have NOTHING to do with what Sakurai has said. They are bonus characters from the little remaining time of development.

The reasons most cuts happen aren't really too irrational when you actually think about it from their perspective. There is only so much they could do with the limited resources and time with the game until they have to make cuts. It's reality and a painful one.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Snake was obviously cut because he was a guest character from Brawl, a guest character who doesn't have a strong relation with Nintendo in the first place. There was no guarantee he would be coming back, it was a miracle he got in Smash in the first place.
Nobody knows why he was cut. Sakurai might not have been asked again. Executive meddling. Sakurai didn't want him back. Who knows. It's not that obvious. I agree it's obvious he wasn't guaranteed, though.

Also, agreed on the rest. It's nice to see more critical thinking on the interview and less quick responses. His statements are really hard to work with. What I find notable is he made zero contradictions and just plain isn't a hypocrite. He's just doing a lot more thinking on it than some happen to realize. I don't blame them, mind you. Many dislike the cuts or clones. It's not an easy situation to deal with.

Naoshi

Nobody knows why he was cut. Sakurai might not have been asked again. Executive meddling. Sakurai didn't want him back. Who knows. It's not that obvious. I agree it's obvious he wasn't guaranteed, though.

Also, agreed on the rest. It's nice to see more critical thinking on the interview and less quick responses. His statements are really hard to work with. What I find notable is he made zero contradictions and just plain isn't a hypocrite. He's just doing a lot more thinking on it than some happen to realize. I don't blame them, mind you. Many dislike the cuts or clones. It's not an easy situation to deal with.
True, although I sort of feel it's a likely scenario, but I tend to get myself way too ahead with it.

Yeah, this is the unfortunate thing when your franchise's roster size gets huge. You'd have to make way with cuts in the next game in order to fit in more newcomers. I expect the next Smash Bros to have a lot of cuts as well, as painful as that may be. Thankfully DLC is a thing to make up for some of it.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Between business, creativity and fan service, I'm sure he has a tough job. But I would still like my Mewtwo back..

Snake likely got cut due to his unimportance with Nintendo, he was a guest character in Brawl, it was a miracle he even got in Smash Bros at all. These characters weren't just deliberated cutted, they were considered very low priority to make way for more important veterans.
This is the most logical explanation for me as well.

Last edited:

Naoshi

We deserve to have Mewtwo back. Especially over the likes of Dr. Mario. >>
Bringing back Mewtwo would take more work than Dr. Mario. Can we seriously stop comparing the two for once?

Bringing Mewtwo back from Melee to SSB4 (skipping Brawl) would take a lot of work than expected. The format of the games has changed considerably after each release, making porting content from much older games much more difficult. Dr Mario got in easy because all they had to do is take Mario (who's already in SSB4) and modify his model and moveset. Mewtwo would take a completely new model, new animations, new coding, etc. At least most of that.

I'm obviously not against Mewtwo as he is my most wanted veteran but... yeah Let's hope for DLC!

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Bringing back Mewtwo would take more work than Dr. Mario. Can we seriously stop comparing the two for once?

Bringing Mewtwo back from Melee to SSB4 (skipping Brawl) would take a lot of work than expected. The format of the games has changed considerably after each release, making porting content from much older games much more difficult. Dr Mario got in easy because all they had to do is take Mario (who's already in SSB4) and modify his model and moveset. Mewtwo would take a completely new model, new animations, new coding, etc. At least most of that.

I'm obviously not against Mewtwo as he is my most wanted veteran but... yeah Let's hope for DLC!
Mewtwo isn't necessarily being worked on right now but since they started working in all characters in general, whatever work it takes, they already had the time to work on it. We just don't know anything new regarding characters yet, so lets stop assuming any idea we get now is gonna start getting worked on now, because whatever they planned , its been worked on since long ago already. They just haven't revealed it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wella minor announcement

I am OFFICAL OFF THE ToS RUMOR.

If i caught the part on all characters and stages avaible from the very begining And event match in neither version i would have never believed it at all.

But im not off the aditional characters for retail then patch release for 3ds/dlc at all

Naoshi

Mewtwo isn't necessarily being worked on right now but since they started working in all characters in general, whatever work it takes, they already had the time to work on it. We just don't know anything new regarding characters yet, so lets stop assuming any idea we get now is gonna start getting worked on now, because whatever they planned , its been worked on since long ago already. They just haven't revealed it.
Huh? I was just saying that he would take more work than Dr. Mario, that is all. I'm only merely explaining as to why Dr. Mario shouldn't be compared to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
You clearly haven't been following the topic. No one is saying these are exclusive characters, rather they are in the WiiU version first, and then can be transfered to the 3ds version, or patched in to the 3ds version of the game. This would still stay within the same roster rule.

Also, Ridley has not been confirmed to be stage boss. Lets stop spreading that myth.
I wasn't following the topic that much, my appologies.
Stop denying it, Ridley is a stage boss. The Direct, if you even watched it, had all the proof. At 7:18 in the direct, it begins to explain bosses on other stages. Note the stage they show, Pyrosphere. You can see a large shadow fly above Pikachu, a large, winged shadow (Hell, you even see the wings for a moment). This is clearly Ridley. Not only does it look like his shadow, but the stage they're on, Pyrosphere, is the place where Samus fought Ridley in Other M, the game the stage came from. Need more proof that it's Ridley? "An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…" was what Sakurai said on Miiverse when he revealed the stage. And if you still don't think Ridley has been deconfirmed, take a look at the final roster on the 3DS. I don't see Ridley anywhere, do you? And that's also the final roster for the Wii U version.
So, is Ridley being a stage boss still a myth?

Naoshi

Stop denying it, Ridley is a stage boss. The Direct, if you even watched it, had all the proof. At 7:18 in the direct, it begins to explain bosses on other stages. Note the stage they show, Pyrosphere. You can see a large shadow fly above Pikachu, a large, winged shadow (Hell, you even see the wings for a moment). This is clearly Ridley. Not only does it look like his shadow, but the stage they're on, Pyrosphere, is the place where Samus fought Ridley in Other M, the game the stage came from. Need more proof that it's Ridley? "An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…" was what Sakurai said on Miiverse when he revealed the stage. And if you still don't think Ridley has been deconfirmed, take a look at the final roster on the 3DS. I don't see Ridley anywhere, do you? And that's also the final roster for the Wii U version.
Erm, no one has actually denied that shadow being Ridley. While I'm leaning towards him being a boss instead of playable, the way Sakurai teased it was weird. I guess could be a little possible that was Ridley being actual playable character with what little footage we saw and Sakurai is doing some weird tease. Just giving them a benefit of a doubt.

But once again, I'm leaning towards boss...

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Erm, no one has actually denied that shadow being Ridley. While I'm leaning towards him being a boss instead of playable, there was no concrete proof that the Ridley we saw was a boss. Just giving them a benefit of a doubt.
What, is he gonna be an assist trophy or something? Or maybe he'll come out of a Pokeball. What would he be other than a boss?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Ridley's shadow was shown doing something, and Sakurai refuses to address it. That in of itself is fishy. Could he be a stage boss, maybe, but I'm finding that increasingly less likely. I'm leaning between an actual boss, or playable character. Eiter way, Sakurai has not addressed that issue, so lets stop pretending he did.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, it's a myth. At least, the confirmed part. He could be. He might not be.

And no, you do not know if that's the final roster on the Wii U version. We know they all always be the same. It might not be "at once". We may have more Wii U characters and actually have day 1 free DLC for the others. You don't know what's actually going on and neither do we. You are reading too much into these things and making a lot of assumptions while ignoring any other possibilities. You can be "set" in all of those ways, but that doesn't confirm a single thing of what you said. Proof is not fact. No matter how likely it is, it could be wrong. We have actual evidence that Character DLC is highly possible. So it being the "final roster" is not as likely as you think.

Please do more research and keep an open mind instead. Nobody is going to debate with you further if your mind is closed. You do have opinions, but do not treat them as facts, since they absolutely aren't ones.

Last edited:

Naoshi

What, is he gonna be an assist trophy or something? Or maybe he'll come out of a Pokeball. What would he be other than a boss?
Playable maybe? :p

Like I said, who knows, we'll wait and see. I'm not betting on him anything other than a boss, but I would be happy to see him playable somehow. I have to admit, it is rather very weird that after a whole year and some months after the reveal of the stage, it is very weird that we haven't seen Ridley as a boss by now. Why would they hide this so badly? They had no troubles telling us Waluigi is an AT.

But I'm prepared for the worst. I didn't get Mewtwo and I'm fine, so I'll be able to handle Ridley's disconfirmation just fine.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's a myth. At least, the confirmed part. He could be. He might not be.

And no, you do not know if that's the final roster on the Wii U version. We know they all always be the same. It might not be "at once". We may have more Wii U characters and actually have day 1 free DLC for the others. You don't know what's actually going on and neither do we. You are reading too much into these things and making a lot of assumptions while ignoring any other possibilities. You can be "set" in all of those ways, but that doesn't confirm a single thing of what you said. Proof is not fact. No matter how likely it is, it could be wrong. We have actual evidence that Character DLC is highly possible. So it being the "final roster" is not as likely as you think.

Please do more research and keep an open mind instead. Nobody is going to debate with you further if your mind is closed. You do have opinions, but do not treat them as facts, since they absolutely aren't ones.
NOT THE FINAL ROSTER? Bud, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Did you know that Ice Climbers were planned to be playable? Yep. But you know what happened? The got cut due to technical difficulties with the 3DS. They worked fine on the Wii U, but Sakurai made it clear that he didn't want version exclusive characters. Try reading this: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/

Naoshi

NOT THE FINAL ROSTER? Bud, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Did you know that Ice Climbers were planned to be playable? Yep. But you know what happened? The got cut due to technical difficulties with the 3DS. They worked fine on the Wii U, but Sakurai made it clear that he didn't want version exclusive characters. Try reading this: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/
Uh

Do you have serious problems with reading comprehension or what?

You do realize it is fairly possible to make DLC available for BOTH versions of Smash right? The console split does not make DLC impossible. And what the hell does Ice Climbers have to do with this?

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's shadow was shown doing something, and Sakurai refuses to address it. That in of itself is fishy. Could he be a stage boss, maybe, but I'm finding that increasingly less likely. I'm leaning between an actual boss, or playable character. Eiter way, Sakurai has not addressed that issue, so lets stop pretending he did.
They showed it right as they were explaining how there will be bosses on other stages. The stage they showed him on was Pyrosphere. Pyrosphere is where you fight Ridley in Other M.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think you're honestly trying to start a flame war now...
Look, guy, Ridley's status is not currently known or confirmed. So just stop trying to convince everyone that you have some universal knowledge on his status- because you don't. >>

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I read that and my argument is unchanged since it does nothing to refute it.

I did not say an exclusive would exist in any fashion. What I did say is that the Wii U might introduce more characters that you can easily get for the 3DS version. I have no idea how anyone can think that means exclusive, but eh. So I don't know what you're replying to, but it wasn't what I actually said. You don't have to believe he'll do that, but there's zero evidence to show he would not. And I've read all the articles, so I know it's actually possible. Just like I know it's possible Ridley is actually playable and not a boss(although calling him a boss is incorrect unless he's a Single Player only enemy. Stage Hazard is a bit more reasonable if he's just a Pyrosphere hazard. But it's still an "if".)

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Uh

Do you have serious problems with reading comprehension or what?

You do realize it is fairly possible to make DLC available for BOTH versions of Smash right? The console split does not make DLC impossible. And what the hell does Ice Climbers have to do with this?
Allow me to explain: That article mentions how Sakurai isn't adding any version exclusive characters. Now tell me, is Ridley on the 3DS? No. Also, if they do make DLC, it won't be until after development of the Wii U version finishes. The Smash Direct was in April, and guess what? The game was still in development during April.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
They showed it right as they were explaining how there will be bosses on other stages. The stage they showed him on was Pyrosphere. Pyrosphere is where you fight Ridley in Other M.
@ Malkasaur Malkasaur

It seems everything everyone has told you just flew over your head, thus there's no point continuing this conversation. (Ignore)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Allow me to explain: That article mentions how Sakurai isn't adding any version exclusive characters. Now tell me, is Ridley on the 3DS? No. Also, if they do make DLC, it won't be until after development of the Wii U version finishes. The Smash Direct was in April, and guess what? The game was still in development during April.
Nobody said anything about exclusives and made it pretty clear the opposite will happen. And it's just as possible he scrapped the boss idea and moved him over the DLC. That could quite easily be the exact reason why he didn't reveal him as a hazard. Because he isn't one. Same reason he was scrapped as an NPC in the 3DS version, which actually supports this theory a bit. Of course, either of these could be true. But none of us know what's happening in any way and can only guess.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I think you're honestly trying to start a flame war now...
Look, guy, Ridley's status is not currently known or confirmed. So just stop trying to convince everyone that you have some universal knowledge on his status- because you don't. >>
I just want to get all of these idiots to realize that they're being, well, idiots. Keep saying I'm wrong, that I'm the stupid one. I'll be laughing even harder when the game comes out. Ridley's status should be known by everyone at this point. He's a boss. There is no possible way that he's a playable character. He got shown right as they were explaining bosses. Did it ever occur to anyone that they were, oh I don't know, providing us with an example of a boss.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I just want to get all of these idiots to realize that they're being, well, idiots. Keep saying I'm wrong, that I'm the stupid one. I'll be laughing even harder when the game comes out. Ridley's status should be known by everyone at this point. He's a boss. There is no possible way that he's a playable character. He got shown right as they were explaining bosses. Did it ever occur to anyone that they were, oh I don't know, providing us with an example of a boss.
Reported. <3

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
I just want to get all of these idiots to realize that I'm wrong, that I'm the stupid one.
Fixed*

You can get your point across without looking like an ***.
There are endless possibilities with this. Is there a reason for not coming right out and saying "He's a boss/hazard"?
It's not like we haven't seen him before in smash.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Nobody said anything about exclusives and made it pretty clear the opposite will happen. And it's just as possible he scrapped the boss idea and moved him over the DLC. That could quite easily be the exact reason why he didn't reveal him as a hazard. Because he isn't one. Same reason he was scrapped as an NPC in the 3DS version, which actually supports this theory a bit. Of course, either of these could be true. But none of us know what's happening in any way and can only guess.
You honestly think they'd scrap an idea as major as that? This came out in April, of this year. It was still in development, but that was 6 months ago. It didn't come out last year, or at the beggining of this year.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You honestly think they'd scrap an idea as major as that? This came out in April, of this year. It was still in development, but that was 6 months ago. It didn't come out last year, or at the beggining of this year.
Sure I do. They scrapped the 3DS version of him in the exact same role as supported by the data and him not being in the 3DS version at all. Hell, the lack of a Trophy is outright suspicious. There's a lot of evidence to show his role may have been changed now. And yes, he'd be worked on but probably DLC way later. Or he was never actual a boss at any time except during a super early time in development and that was not a boss implication but he was a unique playable character. Yeah, unlikely, but not outright impossible. And think he's more likely as DLC if he's playable. Now I suggest you cut this out before you get yourself banned. You can guess all you want. You cannot present these as facts because they absolutely are not.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Fixed*

You can get your point across without looking like an ***.
There are endless possibilities with this. Is there a reason for not coming right out and saying "He's a boss/hazard"?
It's not like we haven't seen him before in smash.
I'm sorry if I look like an ass. If I said "He's a boss/hazard" I'd get the typical response of "NUH UH YOU DONT KNOW THAT FOR SURE". Ridley fanboys tend to have very, very thick skulls, so I have to try to give a more detailed response.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Maybe he was testing the fan response of leaving him a stage hazard? No one knows. He could have just trolled and Ridley is not even in the game at all. How likely is it? Not likely at all, but everything is possible at this point, because that's all the info we have.

Though I agree saying he is anything but a Hazard is a stretch, but it's not totally impossible. The only one who is trying to be definitive is you. There's nothing wrong with throwing out possibilities. especially when we're nowhere close to having all the information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom