• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
"Possible newcomers"? So now we're getting salty over hypotheticals? It no longer seems silly, now it's just downright stupid, lol. Specifically which possible newcomers are you referring to? Just so I can be sure I have all my facts, has Sakurai stated "we almost added Mach Rider but the 3ds can't do it" or are you just assuming that maybe they possibly could have considered someone who you guess probably couldn't be handled by the 3ds so they dropped them?

And in my opinion the 3ds version was released before the wii u version because it needed to be. The wii u version will be better than the 3ds version, there's simply no reason for it not to be. We can already SEE it being better than the 3ds version and the controls will obviously be better. If they were released at the same time the only people who would get the 3ds version would be the people who planned to get both regardless and the people who didn't have a wii u. By putting the 3ds version out there first, some of the more eager fans are given incentive to pick up the 3ds version since they can get their smash on the soonest that way, even if they plan to abandon it once the wii u version comes out. Our options were to either have these staggered releases a few months apart now, or wait until both versions were done and get to play the game in 2015, personally I like the choice they made.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
"Possible newcomers"? So now we're getting salty over hypotheticals? It no longer seems silly, now it's just downright stupid, lol. Specifically which possible newcomers are you referring to? Just so I can be sure I have all my facts, has Sakurai stated "we almost added Mach Rider but the 3ds can't do it" or are you just assuming that maybe they possibly could have considered someone who you guess probably couldn't be handled by the 3ds so they dropped them?

And in my opinion the 3ds version was released before the wii u version because it needed to be. The wii u version will be better than the 3ds version, there's simply no reason for it not to be. We can already SEE it being better than the 3ds version and the controls will obviously be better. If they were released at the same time the only people who would get the 3ds version would be the people who planned to get both regardless and the people who didn't have a wii u. By putting the 3ds version out there first, some of the more eager fans are given incentive to pick up the 3ds version since they can get their smash on the soonest that way, even if they plan to abandon it once the wii u version comes out. Our options were to either have these staggered releases a few months apart now, or wait until both versions were done and get to play the game in 2015, personally I like the choice they made.
i think they are going off one of ridley in the direct when sakurai stated that maybe a certain character would apper in pyrosphere

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I don't think anyone needs to worry about the Wii U version being the same as the 3DS. Smash 3DS was designed to be a portable version of Smash, while the Wii U is being designed as a home console game. Along with more stages, music, and (hopefully) characters we can expect more modes. This could range anywhere from stage creator, 1 V 1 lobbies (via Street Fighter 4), "Tower of Smash" (if true), Event Mode (if TOS is a big load), tournament mode, and etc. My point is that we have endless possibilities when if comes to the Wii U version and we'll only know when Nintendo reveals them. Both titles will stand strong on their own for their respective reasons. I mean, we aren't dealing with straight up ports like Street Fighter X Tekken (be it a decent game) or All-Stars Battle (bleh).

I know this is going a bit off topic, but I figured I'd share my input. Anyways, I know it's kinda obvious now, but we should be seeing the Wii U version soon (possibly some leaks?) since it's roughly 2 months away now. So, I guess we'll see if the Spainkiller leak is true of not. From what I can tell the guy is a pretty respected user on Neogaf and wouldn't lead people astray.

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone needs to worry about the Wii U version being the same as the 3DS. Smash 3DS was designed to be a portable version of Smash, while the Wii U is being designed as a home console game. Along with more stages, music, and (hopefully) characters we can expect more modes. This could range anywhere from stage creator, 1 V 1 lobbies (via Street Fighter 4), "Tower of Smash" (if true), Event Mode (if TOS is a big load), tournament mode, and etc. My point is that we have endless possibilities when if comes to the Wii U version and we'll only know when Nintendo reveals them. Both titles will stand strong on their own for their respective reasons. I mean, we aren't dealing with straight up ports like Street Fighter X Tekken (be it a decent game) or All-Stars Battle (bleh).

I know this is going a bit off topic, but I figured I'd share my input. Anyways, I know it's kinda obvious now, but we should be seeing the Wii U version soon (possibly some leaks?) since it's roughly 2 months away now. So, I guess we'll see if the Spainkiller leak is true of not. From what I can tell the guy is a pretty respected user on Neogaf and wouldn't lead people astray.
Spainkiller? Link to his leak or explanation, please.

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Of course it's hypothetical there's no way to prove or dispove them. The 3ds couldn't handle mach Rider or Ice Climbers who's to say there were or weren't more they would have added?

But the point isn't Sakurai not adding more newcomers or veterans.
The attitude I'm contesting is the anger over the possibility of more character content on WiiU over 3ds. Stating they would rather a better more expansive game not exist, if it means buying another system. Now that's "stupid". No ones salty over hypotheticals.(At least not me) I'm confused as to why people are salty over if Nintendo makes the WiiU version better if it can be. And those said hypotheticals were just examples of possibilities.

Last edited:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I'm just gonna pop this quick little theory in here...

What if that Great Cave Offensive s

Spainkiller? Link to his leak or explanation, please.
Here you go.

He's basically saying his buddy saw moving models for Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus Men. This was soon after the Japanese release and before the "Tower of Smash" leak. Spainkiller is a journalist and according to other Neogaf users he's been a member since 2004. He was also one of the people who leaked Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's roster.

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Here you go.

He's basically saying his buddy saw moving models for Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus Men. This was soon after the Japanese release and before the "Tower of Smash" leak. Spainkiller is a journalist and according to other Neogaf users he's been a member since 2004. He was also one of the people who leaked Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's roster.
I'm digging this.
Idk bout his "buddy" part though...

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
Here you go.

Sweet. Let's just hope his "buddy" isn't full of crap...

Well then again, apparently his "buddy" was right about the previous leaks, so...?

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
The issue here is why are most 3ds owners throwing fits at the possibility of more characters exclusive to the wiiU?
I'm against the notion because I am getting both and will use the 3DS version as practice when I am not home, what if I play one of the exclusive characters?

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I'm digging this.
Idk bout his "buddy" part though...
It's fair to be hesitant, but apparently it was from a friend who worked with Nintendo of Europe localization. That's who I was referring to when I said "buddy" in regards to Spainkiller's source. You gain many sources when being a journalist within the game industry.

Again, it's nothing but a rumor now, so don't take it as fact.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
I'm against the notion because I am getting both and will use the 3DS version as practice when I am not home, what if I play one of the exclusive characters?
So you'd rather no character than compromise?

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
It's fair to be hesitant, but apparently it was from a friend who worked with Nintendo of Europe localization. That's who I was referring to when I said "buddy" in regards to Spainkiller's source. You gain many sources when being a journalist within the game industry.

Again, it's nothing but a rumor now, so don't take it as fact.
I know. But it's interesting how the "Spainkiller" leak, the "Tower of Smash" leak, and the "Motherf***ing Leaker" leak all point to about 5 or 6 more characters. Most people seem to disregard the ML leak ever since he lied but the DLC, but a lot of what he said is starting to sound true. Even if he was a total jerkwad.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
im definatly positive on the wii u version but...

I know its possible but I will never understand why its possible the wii u version will get a couple more characters that are not in the 3ds version (besides patch release wise for 3ds)

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I tweeted him not so long ago asking him honestly between him and I only if he was trolling or not , that i wouldn't care but i wanted to know, and he insisted he was telling the truth, so huh...dunno....we shall see how much of what he said is true and what is not. I just wish Sakurai stopped with the 3ds pictures of the day, like seriously, we are close to the wii u release and we still know so few about what this next version holds, we don't know anything about new modes or anything yet from sakurai, it's kinda frustrating....

Last edited:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
im definatly positive on the wii u version but...

I know its possible but I will never understand why its possible the wii u version will get a couple more characters that are not in the 3ds version (besides patch release wise for 3ds)
Marketing. If it's true then it's a genius way for Nintendo to get people to buy both versions. There are people who are die hard Nintendo fans like myself who're gonna buy both versions day one, but most might be happy with just the 3DS version. Yes, more modes and stages would be a massive bonus, but more characters would be the final push for most people to get the Wii U version. It's no different from the main Pokemon series.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
And there's no hope for an ESRB leak on the WiiU version now. . .

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Marketing. If it's true then it's a genius way for Nintendo to get people to buy both versions. There are people who are die hard Nintendo fans like myself who're gonna buy both versions day one, but most might be happy with just the 3DS version. Yes, more modes and stages would be a massive bonus, but more characters would be the final push for most people to get the Wii U version. It's no different from the main Pokemon series.
Thank you that makes sense

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
Of course it's hypothetical there's no way to prove or dispove them. The 3ds couldn't handle mach Rider or Ice Climbers who's to say there were or weren't more they would have added?

But the point isn't Sakurai not adding more newcomers or veterans.
The attitude I'm contesting is the anger over the possibility of more character content on WiiU over 3ds. Stating they would rather a better more expansive game not exist, if it means buying another system. Now that's "stupid". No ones salty over hypotheticals.(At least not me) I'm confused as to why people are salty over if Nintendo makes the WiiU version better if it can be. And those said hypotheticals were just examples of possibilities.
In that case, I'm angry they had to dumb down the 3ds version for the wii u. Think about it. In the 3ds version everyone has their own screen. They could have had items, assist trophies, or character moves that flipped, messed up, closed up, or obscured everyone's screen except the user. You could even make characters invisible on 3 of the 4 screens in a FFA match. That's the benefit of everyone having their own screen to play on. They were probably going to have the Splatoon girl splat on players' screens but then they got rid of her because a Wii U just has a shared screen and they couldn't make it work. There's no way to disprove it. Stupid Wii U ruining everything Smash Bros has to offer.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
In that case, I'm angry they had to dumb down the 3ds version for the wii u. Think about it. In the 3ds version everyone has their own screen. They could have had items, assist trophies, or character moves that flipped, messed up, closed up, or obscured everyone's screen except the user. You could even make characters invisible on 3 of the 4 screens in a FFA match. That's the benefit of everyone having their own screen to play on. They were probably going to have the Splatoon girl splat on players' screens but then they got rid of her because a Wii U just has a shared screen and they couldn't make it work. There's no way to disprove it. Stupid Wii U ruining everything Smash Bros has to offer.
lol no, just no

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
They were going to have the Splatoon Girl? What? Did I miss a whole list of dropped characters or something?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait-Splatoon Girl?
Soyou'retellingme
A game that started development after KI:U's release
Was going to have a character
from a 2015 Game
which was made by a new Nintendo 2nd Party
And that was going to be a thing.

...The more the merrier. :roymelee:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
If you beat Master Hand, his glove rips open and the mysterious substance known as "The Swarm" comes out and he becomes Master Core... But where the hell does Crazy Hand go? He disappears into some blue flames like "okay wow, you pissed off my bro, I'm outta here". If you look at the Final Destination stage, you'll notice something.

One side of the stage is red (Master Hand's side), whereas Crazy Hand's side is blue. Now look at the logo for the Wii U version of Smash Bros. It's blue. If we fought Master Core in Smash 3DS (which has a red logo), will we fight Crazy Core in the Wii U version? Maybe we'll even fight both! It makes sense, right?
tumblr_n3qpfzn9VJ1sntotwo3_500.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They didn't dumb down the 3DS version. They pushed it to its limits while making it as balanced as possible without extreme lag. And we still get tons of online lag. Like, really badly at times(which is why having 8 Climbers on screen at 60 fps each would likely cause enough lag to either ban them online as is, freeze up the game, or just piss people off. The only other option was to make them unavailable for all online play. Mii Fighters are only banned in one of the two online options. Think about that for a moment).

I can respect that people are annoyed that the Wii U version was held back by the 3DS version. Sakurai even outright told us that would probably be the case. Some have accepted it, some haven't. Not a big deal. But the other way around just isn't possible.

...But I'm not sure you're trying to actually do anything but make a trollish argument at this point. Still worth proving you blatantly wrong. :awesome:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wait-Splatoon Girl?
Soyou'retellingme
A game that started development after KI:U's release
Was going to have a character
from a 2015 Game
which was made by a new Nintendo 2nd Party
And that was going to be a thing.

...The more the merrier. :roymelee:
I'd love to see Inkling in the next Smash Bros. She's perfect for battle, and I even made a moveset for her! (Hopefully they'll give her Bowser Jr.'s broken Final Smash: It should really work for just Bowser Jr, cause none of the Koopalings have anything to Shadow Mario) Sadly she didn't get the Boy Roy treatment :roymelee:... Unless she becomes the last DLC character...which I doubt. (And Marth, give Roy back his clothes.:glare:)

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Inkling in the next Smash Bros. She's perfect for battle, and I even made a moveset for her! (Hopefully they'll give her Bowser Jr.'s broken Final Smash: It should really work for just Bowser Jr, cause none of the Koopalings have anything to Shadow Mario) Sadly she didn't get the Boy Roy treatment :roymelee:... Unless she becomes the last DLC character...which I doubt. (And Marth, give Roy back his clothes.:glare:)
I see her being more of an assist trophy than a character to be honest....

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I see her being more of an assist trophy than a character to be honest....
If Splatoon kicks off, and becomes a big nintendo franchise, I fully expect her to be DLC, if not in the next installment.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Nice.

Sakurai put a ton of effort into making the 3ds version the best it could be for the 3ds. WiiU owners are just asking the same of their version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nice.

Sakurai put a ton of effort into making the 3ds version the best it could be for the 3ds. WiiU owners are just asking the same of their version.
You don't need an extra playable exclusive character to do that. But yeah, he worked his arms off.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
You don't need an extra playable exclusive character to do that. But yeah, he worked his arms off.
Agreed. Either way I'm sure the WiiU version is going to be extremely enjoyable. You don't need them, but it would be nice. Honestly a new multiplayer mode would be just as good to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. Either way I'm sure the WiiU version is going to be extremely enjoyable. You don't need them, but it would be nice. Honestly a new multiplayer mode would be just as good to me.
Bonus and Coin Mode back. That is all. :awesome:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
I think that shows where his allegiances lie. To more page hits and article interest. I don't not believe him, but I take anything he says with lots of salt.
It's fine to take any rumor with a grain of salt, but he said it in the Neogaf forum. Not an article.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

In case you guys missed it, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are on the official website now under the "Secret Fighters Unveiled!" section.

And BTW, has anyone seen this article yet? I believe this strengthens Mewtwo and Ridley's chances even more. http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-get-on-the-1644208199
Let's break it down for Mewtwo:
-Popular? Yes
-Games in development? Pokemon X & Y was in development at the time, and Mewtwo was enjoying a resurgence as a result
-Unique? Why yes; psychic-type villian-esque Pokemon that is the first legendary. Original moveset in Melee was very unique
-Representative? Yes; Mewtwo is not only iconic of Pokemon, but was a poster-boy for Mega Evolutions in X & Y
-Games have a future? Yes
-Conflict with other characters? Now this is what confuses me. Since Mewtwo was removed, his traits have kind of been scavenged by other characters. Lucario's Aura Sphere, Palutena's Warp, Rosalina's telekinesis. Is Sakurai trying to say there's no more room for a character like Mewtwo but that there's space for Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Falco, etc.? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY SAKURAI??

So really, it boils down to whether Sakurai thinks that Mewtwo would still be unique in this iteration of Smash Bros. Otherwise, there is no reason in the circles of Inferno that he should not be in this game, especially since he already was.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
In case you guys missed it, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are on the official website now under the "Secret Fighters Unveiled!" section.

And BTW, has anyone seen this article yet? I believe this strengthens Mewtwo and Ridley's chances even more. http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-get-on-the-1644208199
If you dont want to read all that, here i resume it for you guys lol:

Sakurai: I do what i believe it works and if it is popular it has a chance, but if I don't believe it works, even if you do think it does, I won't put it in.

Basically it depends on how creative his mind is to make a character work. Hopefully he doesn't focus in his own creativity and he reads some of the ideas some ppl say when they suggest a character, because some ideas are actually pretty good.... Ridley's mod in Brawl looks really nice and it's fun, and if it looks good there, Sakurai can make it 10 times better. Mewtwo we already know how he works out, in project M he was a bit better, so sakurai should know what to do about him as well. Both characters are both popular and important reps from their original games, so....yeah.

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Let's break it down for Mewtwo:
-Popular? Yes
-Games in development? Pokemon X & Y was in development at the time, and Mewtwo was enjoying a resurgence as a result
-Unique? Why yes; psychic-type villian-esque Pokemon that is the first legendary. Original moveset in Melee was very unique
-Representative? Yes; Mewtwo is not only iconic of Pokemon, but was a poster-boy for Mega Evolutions in X & Y
-Games have a future? Yes
-Conflict with other characters? Now this is what confuses me. Since Mewtwo was removed, his traits have kind of been scavenged by other characters. Lucario's Aura Sphere, Palutena's Warp, Rosalina's telekinesis. Is Sakurai trying to say there's no more room for a character like Mewtwo but that there's space for Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucina, Falco, etc.? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY SAKURAI??

So really, it boils down to whether Sakurai thinks that Mewtwo would still be unique in this iteration of Smash Bros. Otherwise, there is no reason in the circles of Inferno that he should not be in this game, especially since he already was.
I really don't want to see anymore pokemon for the most part, but Mewtwo makes a lot of sense.

I still want Wailord as an assist trophy though. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom