• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

thealmightygoat: Round 2

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I'm sick and tired of all these flippin' fakes! First he admits defeat and says he was lying to fill in time for Dojo (I personally think he's just wanting attention) and now he comes back days later saying he's got REAL information on the SAME account and expects us to believe? It would've been more believeable of him to make a new acc! Plus, Ness in starting roster and no Lucas is, no, just no. Every time I look at these leaks I look for Ness and if I find him I automatically think it's a fake. There's no credible reason AT ALL to believe him this time.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Its fake, although Ryu would kick *** if he was in Brawl.

Whats so wrong with Ryu anyway? Evryone goes: LOL RYU

He is a big mascotte of Capcom and actually is a fighter, I want him in.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I am a major Mega Man supporter but the thought of how Ryu would play in Smash is just so good I dont know which one I want more XS

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Its fake, although Ryu would kick *** if he was in Brawl.

Whats so wrong with Ryu anyway? Evryone goes: LOL RYU

He is a big mascotte of Capcom and actually is a fighter, I want him in.
It's proabably because he's a Street Fighter, he's not really Smash Bros. Standard, saying that neither is Snake...

I LOVE Street Fighter games personally, I personally think if Nintendo were going to let Capcom let a third party in it'd be someone with a moveset, not Megaman, someone who is actually respected for their appearances in a LOT of fighting games.

I'd like Ryu to be in, I make jokes of it a lot, or at least I used to, And I'd be pleased if he was in, but his moveset wouldn't would entirely.

If he were in, he'd be my WTF character.

MoveSet:
B: Hadouken
UPB: Shoryuken
Side B: Hurricane Kick (Raises in the air and moves horizontally)
Down B: Rising Hurricane Kick (Does no horizontal movement in the air)
A: Light Punch
Forward A: Twirl Kick like he does in some of the SF Games.
Up Tilt: Similar to Falcons, if not the same.
Down tilt: Trip Up Kick (whatever it's called.)
Forward Smash: Hard Punch/Sholder Bash (REALLY similar to Falcon's again.) /He does it in SFEX3.
Up Smash: Rising Shin-Hurricane Kick
Down Smash: ShoryuReppa (What Ken does for his D,F,D,F,PPP combo)
Final Smash: Shinku Dark Hadou or Shin Shoryuken.

That's what his moveset would be like more likley.

I can't actually think of anything for his downsmash, hence why it's there, I didn't want to say it'd be like Falcon's even though I could have seen it happening... But it'd be basically half a clone, which I wouldn't like.

I'm disapointed no one likes the idea of Ryu. It's impossible to get him, Capcom wants Megaman in, I'm sure Nintendo would want a SF character more though... or at least I'd hope so.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It was believeable until I read ryu.
LMAO!
ryu without megaman=impossible.

y'know, for some reason, I think zorya was associated with this list. This was his basic wishlist, it's too much of a coincidence for it to not be fabricated by him.

so yeah, this is a fake.
even the great takamaru can't save this list.

Sapere Aude!

Smash Rookie
I LOVE Street Fighter games personally, I personally think if Nintendo were going to let Capcom let a third party in it'd be someone with a moveset, not Megaman, someone who is actually respected for their appearances in a LOT of fighting games.

I'd like Ryu to be in, I make jokes of it a lot, or at least I used to, And I'd be pleased if he was in, but his moveset wouldn't would entirely.

If he were in, he'd be my WTF character.
I agree with everything you said, and would much rather prefer Ryu in the game to Megaman, partly because Megaman has been soured in my taste by being overly "Anime'd" over his last few games.

Dither

Smash Apprentice
Lol.

:006::006::006::006::006::006::006::006::006::006:
Sorry for being off-topic, but that amused me greatly, though it took me a bit to get it.

On-topic: While the fake rosters are obviously going to be spread everywhere, I think this is just attention whoring at its' finest by this point.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Sorry for being off-topic, but that amused me greatly, though it took me a bit to get it.

On-topic: While the fake rosters are obviously going to be spread everywhere, I think this is just attention whoring at its' finest by this point.
Obviously, but it had Ryu, which in general, cheered me up about these fake rosters. Ryu would be a good character in some ways, (Average moves) but not in others, (Recovery, standard smash attacks.)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So did thealmightygoat admit this to be a fake in the selfsame thread, or did he just admit to lying previously (which we all knew)? Seeing from whom this roster is coming, I have no qualms about its credibility--it's undoubtedly fake. But I'll be ****ed if this weren't the best roster I've seen so far. :grin:

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
Haha everyone here is getting more offended at Ryu over Megaman.

You also have to consider Capcom owns the rights to both. They get to choose who they want in. I dunno about you, but with Street Fighter 4 coming around the corner, you think they want to advertise just a wee bit?

Why not Megaman? Who said they had to?

Ryu is popular and only exists as one Ryu, whereas Megaman, popular as he is, comes in multiple formats: Original, X, Battle Network, etc.
See, when you have a character that has multiple models its hard to decide on one individual model to represent the entire series, especially if all of them conflict with how they play.

False or not, Ryu is as plausible as, if not more than, Megaman.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Hey. I'd have no problem with Ryu. I do have a problem with this guy coming back though. He lost all his credibility, I don't care if it's not his list or not. The person would've picked a better more credible source to reveal this info. I say it's another lie.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Man these guys must have a blast sitting there making all this stuff up. They know they can play you guys up, down, and sideways.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Love the roster, wish it wasn't fake. But I look at the reality of things.

Captain Brawlimar

Smash Cadet
Ha, thealmightygoat was banned from Gamespot... That's kind of a shame, I like his ideas, even if he was a liar.

As for the roster, it's pretty cool. Similar to what I'd like to see. I'd want K. Rool in there too, though.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yeah, add K.Rool and Megaman in there and I'd be happy. Ever consider Ryu might be some other guy.. Gaiden perhaps? Still.. Let's see if Mr. Serebii deigns to come in and put his mark of disapproval on this new one.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Lol, no. Looks nice, but come on. Ryu from Street Fighter? There is no way Ryu deserves a slot over Megaman, not that I think either will make the cut... And your internet was conveniently down from then until now? I find that highly unlikely...
I enjoyed reading your predictions, but I never took them as total truth. I won't take this as truth, either.
After all, Street Fighter is Capcom... come on now, I shouldn't have to say it.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Oh my freaking Captain Falcon...
I think I just died. Forever.

I don't believe this roster is true. I just don't get a good feeling from it. Who knows? It might be. But until the final roster comes out, I'm not believing anything like this. The Almighty Goat is "slaughtered", and I'm not believing him. If it is anything, it's probably just another joke.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
yeah i believe him this time......(pause)..... NOT (read with borat accent)

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
yeah i believe him this time......(pause)..... NOT (read with borat accent)

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
I couldn't read the whole thread, because my computer is loading this website slowly. So I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but I wonder why he got banned. He probably just did some else to get himself banned and make it seem more convincing. Anyway, no way Cel-Shaded Link or Ryu are getting in. Nor are Ray 01 or Sukapon. Ah, thealmightygoat...You were doing well, everyone seemed to have gotten over the fact that you were a fake. So why did you have to do this?

He just doesn't know where to stop. *sigh*

EDIT: Might as well delete that Live Bookmark, then. BAHLEETED!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Jesus f*cking christ, can we stop with these 20 prophet threads everyday? The whole forum is about goat, a bunch of leaks, or prophets. They should just be closed automatically anyway.

Ryu?! NESS?! C'mon, even if the roster was believable, no one's going to listen to him. Even though he's only 15, he actually acts even younger than that.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Wow, why is everyone down on Ryu? Sure, Lucario is fine as a Fighting Pokémon, but Ryu - a fighter - is condemned?
We know that Sakurai has not asked for Megaman to be in Brawl - if there was going to be another Capcom representative, who better than Ryu (or Viewtiful Joe - but that's not the point)?

Side B - Fireball
Up B - Dragon Punch
Down B - Hurricane Kick (controllable, like MK's Mach Tornado)
B - Chi Charge - gives damage boost for however long you hold it, adds a layer of strategy (shall I leave myself open now to do more damage when my opponent's close?)

Final Smash - Super Fireball/Evil Ryu/Super Hurricane Kick?
The Moveset is very plausible, and Ryu has appeared on Nintendo systems

Oh and on topic, I'm not listening to a word this fake says...but I appreciate the effort. There's no way of knowing the roster until the Japanese release, so we'll see how close these predictions are.
And I'm not a "Ryu for Brawl" supporter (I'd rather VJ, Henshin-a-gogo baby!) - just don't understand the indifference towards him!

Top Bottom