• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

thealmightygoat: Round 2

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
Well its not the worst prediction ive seen, only 1 thing i would change thats Ryu! <- no F... way ! And a few more characters in and it would be acceptable. But its a fake, and a fake stays fake, it cant be real..

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Any list that has Micaiah in it is O.K. by me.(read my sig) Though yeah I also agree with Ryu. If he gets in Brawl over Megaman....Well it's a good thing I don't have to worry about such becuase it's fake.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Even though I know it's a fake, I can't help but like it. It even has Ryu instead of Mega Man, just the way I wanted it. I always thought he was more suited for this kind of game anyway.

I hope the real roster looks like this, but with K. Rool on it somewhere. Definitely Isaac and Ryu need to stay though.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
THE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S CRYING WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How obviously fake is that?!?!?!?!

Here's a dead give away.

All of the already confirmed characters are first, obvious characters next (which he could think of first) and it ends in Ryu (when he was like "****, i need one more...I know! Ryu!")

if he really wanted people to believe him, he would have made a new account.

I never understood how this makes people happy...guess they gotta get the attention from somewhere.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Why is he banned now??

Does this mean that Nintendo saw it and go his acc banned for releasing info?

O.o

clace

Smash Journeyman
I dunno WHY you guys are complaining about RYU! He's awesome?

Plus, This roster is pretty obviously fake, from the fact that someone just said it. Real prophets don't really exist. But that roster looks awesome to me. Except one thing.

WHERE THE HELL IS MEGAMAN!?

Ryu would actually make sense if you think about it.

Totally **** list though. Marth gone? Sorry, but no.
Sukapon and Takamaru? They were in one Japan only NES game each. One of them at best to fill the WTF quota.

The dude is seriously pushing it now though. Give it a rest.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
o great not this agian its a lie he already admitted to it once.

EDIT: "THE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S CRYING WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How obviously fake is that?!?!?!?!

Here's a dead give away.

All of the already confirmed characters are first, obvious characters next (which he could think of first) and it ends in Ryu (when he was like "****, i need one more...I know! Ryu!")

if he really wanted people to believe him, he would have made a new account.

I never understood how this makes people happy...guess they gotta get the attention from somewhere. " by RazeveX

exactly

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I was pretty overly skepticdal the first time, but again? This guy makes the Smash community look like a joke. I LOVE the roster (except that it's almost guaranteed that there will be an AC rep) but Ryu is very un-likely (cool, but un-likely).

Shame on you Almightygoat

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
That roster's too safe. It has everyone that has some sort of large fan following behind them, but Ryu comes out of nowhere. I highly doubt Capcom would choose someone like Ryu, if indeed they were included in the project, to be their representative. Megaman seems a far more likelier choice, because when I think Capcom, I think.. who else? Megaman. The Blue Bomber. The Fighting Robot (lol). Anyway, thealmightygoat was a hack, starved for attention, and people were gullible enough to believe him. End of story.

This feels like Melee all over again, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who's like this. Wait 'til January 26th, we'll know everything then. And, yes, I'm aware I didn't put 24th. Gotta give them some time to unlock everything, first, those wacky Japanese.
Dude, you'd be surprised. How do you think *SPOILER ALERT* The Pokemon community knows about Arceus? [/spoilers] Lol, those same wacky Japanese hook up their computers and hack the code.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
bleh, Ryu? And wheres K. Rool? Hes an attention *****. I dun' believe it.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I'm not going to be surprised anymore since it feels like I've read every single character in the NINTENDO UNIVERSE in these rosters. Le sigh.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I feel like I'm not going to be surprised anymore since it feels like I've read every single character in the NINTENDO UNIVERSE in these rosters. Le sigh.
AND every character NOT in the Nintendo Universe (Master Chief haha, The guy from Dead rising, Banjo Kazooie ( I love Banjo, but its as likely as the guy from Dead Rising)

Sigh... ANY character that gets in wont be a WTF character, except Lip or Mii, as I'd scream WTF??? at my computer, and punch a hole through my Laptop screen. In anger. Sorry Mii + Lip lovers, I just dont like them.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
If ryu makes the cut instead of Mega Man I'm going to s-hit my as-s. not a bad roster in that it def. appeals to most of the smash community, but I highly doubt anyone is going to believe anything coming from thealmightygoat or his 'reliable source'.

Japan's release will clear things up.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Ryu is actually looking more realistic than Megaman, seeing that the new Street Fighter game is coming out soon. That sucks, because I would much rather see the super fighting robot *Megaman* over Ryu, as much as I do like Ryu.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I would absolutely love it if that was the roster. It's not true, but I wish it was. Not too fond of Bowser Jr. but it has all my wanted characters except Demille. But I wasn't counting on him getting in anyway. I wish the real roster would be somewhat like that. I think there could be better than Ryu.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
As someone pointed out before, I think Ryu is actually more plausible than Mega Man, knowing Capcom. I mean, for every crossover game, they always send Ryu, not Mega Man. We here at Smashboards just generally tend to like Mega Man more because I guess he's more in the vein of Smash Bros.

Mega Man got his start on a Nintendo console, but I believe Street Fighter did too. And if it was an arcade game, Nintendo was definitely the first to port it, just like SFII. Also, we have to remember we're dealing with Sakurai here. Maybe he likes Ryu better, or he thought "OK, Mega Man has a blaster arm and steals powers. Well, Samus has a blaster arm and Kirby steals powers".

Faulty logic, I know, but how would they implement -2- characters who steal powers? And don't say they'd just have Mega Man without stealing powers, because that is the hallmark of the Mega Man series. It would be like Olimar without Pikmin.

As a final point, maybe Inafune wasn't contacted about Mega Man because they were going for Ryu or some other Capcom character all along(or he was lying, whatever). Think about it. Capcom has been at least as important as Konami, and definitely -way- more important than SEGA to Nintendo over the years. This is especially true in the Gamecube years, when RE4 and Viewtiful Joe pretty much saved the console. I don't think Nintendo would have left Capcom out of this game unless they just didn't want any more third parties, or unless they went to a less important company(Square Enix, Namco, etc). So, whether it's Mega Man, Ryu, or whoever, I wouldn't rule out a Capcom character just yet.

By the way, I am in -no way- endorsing this roster(even though I do like it), just because I've lost any trust in not-so-mightygoat, but I'm defending Ryu in general. Give me a good argument for Mega Man and totally refute my points and I'll gladly back down, because I'm a fan of the Blue Bomber myself, but I just don't see how he fits into the Smash World better than Ryu. I think a lot of people here have just bought into the Mega Man hype that was going around these parts before the Inafune interview, because most posts are just like "F--- Ryu, give me Mega Man" with no reasons whatsoever.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Ryu is actually looking more realistic than Megaman, seeing that the new Street Fighter game is coming out soon. That sucks, because I would much rather see the super fighting robot *Megaman* over Ryu, as much as I do like Ryu.
Sadly, I agree, but I leave this thread with one word for brawl.

Hadolkin!

BoG

Smash Journeyman
You know, he could have known it all along. He could be fake... he says whoever his source is will soon reveal this stuff, so we just have to wait. The truth will soon reveal itself, whether from this "source" or when the game comes out. I wouldn't mind sooner, though.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Wow, this list must be the most satisfying list I've seen so far. Everyone is accounted for! We've even got Isaac, Claus, and Micaiah! This must be totally accurate >.>. (He didn't forget to add anyone did he?)

...Right. Now, even IF he got it from a reliable source, who's to say that source isn't lying >.>. I doubt this, with multiple reasons. Frankly, too good to be true, no sources cited, most (if not all) prophets are just aiming for fame, and it's too well crafted. TOO well crafted, I've been here long enough to see that.

Top Bottom