• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
He mention For Glory randoms i presume? its also unfun trying to have fun in this mode when you can't just controlling your character because of the delay and connection even with the wired. /rant

Edited this stuff.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Lag is Zero suit samus's worse match up. You can't grab, combo, or do anything for the matter.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Hey, Zamus boards! I'm a Sheik main but have been having fun recently with ZSS and have been lurking here for a while. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey, Zamus boards! I'm a Sheik main but have been having fun recently with ZSS and have been lurking here for a while. Just thought I'd say hi to everyone.
*pitch fork in hand* it's a spy get her...err

I mean welcome to the zss boards.

we have a very accommodating S tier resort set up in our gunship if you'd just follow me :).

Last edited:

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
Haven't played in aaaages. Went to a video-game-night-thing my college was offering a week or two ago and actually lost a few last-stock one-on-ones that emerged from the free-for-alls with our homegirl. T_T Gotta get that practice in again. My aerials' spacing and timing were aaaaaawful. I'm also worried that I broke my controller at some point a while back, as often when I try to cover myself with an F-tilt using my C-stick nothing comes out. But only in certain situations, sooo... further investigation requires. If anyone has any insight into that, hook me up.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Haven't played in aaaages. Went to a video-game-night-thing my college was offering a week or two ago and actually lost a few last-stock one-on-ones that emerged from the free-for-alls with our homegirl. T_T Gotta get that practice in again. My aerials' spacing and timing were aaaaaawful. I'm also worried that I broke my controller at some point a while back, as often when I try to cover myself with an F-tilt using my C-stick nothing comes out. But only in certain situations, sooo... further investigation requires. If anyone has any insight into that, hook me up.
Are you hitting the C-stick really fast? It has a tendency to ignore those inputs.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
You were probably having a off day. On off days, just watch videos of Nairo (assuming you are talking Zero suit) and just try to learn new things. But I'm not that good though, but that's just a tip.

As for C-stick, just remove it and see if its damaged.

Last edited:

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
You were probably having a off day. On off days, just watch videos of Nairo (assuming you are talking Zero suit) and just try to learn new things. But I'm not that good though, but that's just a tip.

As for C-stick, just remove it and see if its damaged.
Yeah I'm talking about ZSS haha. Naw it was more than an off-day, I was definitely ultra rusty. I messed up a lot of spacing, did terrible option coverage, awful reads, and didn't play very confidently in general. I played like a scared little kid hahaha.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Yeah I'm talking about ZSS haha. Naw it was more than an off-day, I was definitely ultra rusty. I messed up a lot of spacing, did terrible option coverage, awful reads, and didn't play very confidently in general. I played like a scared little kid hahaha.
I play like that all the time XD Don't worry about it though. All you need is some rust remover is all.

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
That's the plan. Gotta work on my execution. Went on For Glory the other night to get my brain working again. Lag ruins everything, but I had a good time anyway.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
That's the spirit. I prefer Tournament mode if your playing FG. It actually gives you a goal to win and that's a good push you want to have.

Anthers is good as well.

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
I do prefer Anther's to FG, but I haven't played on it much. I can't STAND For Glory, I just needed to do something. Hopefully I'll be able to find more opportunities to play in the coming weeks and get back up to my previous level. I might try tournament mode though; never tried it before!

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I do prefer Anther's to FG, but I haven't played on it much. I can't STAND For Glory, I just needed to do something. Hopefully I'll be able to find more opportunities to play in the coming weeks and get back up to my previous level. I might try tournament mode though; never tried it before!
Its fine. Nothing like a real tournament, but it gives you a goal to win. But its basically a FG tournament.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Someone on Facebook the other day posted a gift with the caption.

People on for glory be like.

And the gig was that off most likely a ufc fight and 1 guy was walking up to another and the other guy rolls backwards twice lol.

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
I actually didn't encounter any heavy rollers, which was nice. I just got lagged out of my combos and option coverage a lot. Very frustrating, especially when it seems like the other person is unaffected and able to be moving faster than you.

Whatever though. Looking forward to improving and getting back into the scene or what have you. My school is an arts conservatory and we have a two-week period where academics are cancelled and we all just work on our craft, so I'm going to try and set up Smash gatherings or something to find people to play.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I actually didn't encounter any heavy rollers, which was nice. I just got lagged out of my combos and option coverage a lot. Very frustrating, especially when it seems like the other person is unaffected and able to be moving faster than you.

Whatever though. Looking forward to improving and getting back into the scene or what have you. My school is an arts conservatory and we have a two-week period where academics are cancelled and we all just work on our craft, so I'm going to try and set up Smash gatherings or something to find people to play.
FG just pisses me off so much I feel like I should be expecting and reacting better to things like roll behind but I am like "Why the **** does everyone have to troll behind me for that back stab damage? half the cast are men should people be fighting manly?"

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
FG just pisses everyone off. The only character who I understand should roll a lot is Sonic and Shulk.

NeoSeth

Smash Cadet
FG just pisses me off so much I feel like I should be expecting and reacting better to things like roll behind but I am like "Why the **** does everyone have to troll behind me for that back stab damage? half the cast are men should people be fighting manly?"
It really is a salt factory. I never thought I'd be the guy screaming "FIGHT ME IRL," but here we are.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Do I have permission to make a thread on B-throw to Down-B guaranteed spike on all characters with no DI or escape?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Thank you!~
Yeah man gj I'll be sure to check out those sets did Esam try out power suit on you :p.
Or was it pika 4 lyfe?

Do I have permission to make a thread on B-throw to Down-B guaranteed spike on all characters with no DI or escape?
I think we sort of discussed it but I don't know if we have a chart or anything..

So I did pretty poorly at lanwarx this weekend the only notable thing I really did was play 1v2 because I still pick up strays on Facebook for a dubs partner...

In ANYCASE she was late by like an hour and I ended up taking a game our first set while not taking any when she finally made it ; (.

I also got murdered by Raykalms Gannon, on stream no less </3

Last edited:

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
Hello Everyone! I have a Question regarding the UAirs(x how ever many times you use it) to Boost Kick.... Can we name Space Jump????? :D

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
does anyone know what our nB charge release frame data is? i know you can release it before its fully charged but at what frame does the hitbox come out after releasing the b button?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Ok we ever gonna name it then or no...
Congrats on the tourny btw
Actually I am pretty sure It might have been called release the kraken, hmmm but then again @DeLux was saying living and dying by the boost kick.....MMM I unno let's just leave it alone before we get it nerfed by giving it a name ;p.

[all for calling it the "your/get screwed attack"] but I don't care either way.

ended up winning a tourney today small amount of entrants but I don't mind an extra 40$ in my pocket =]!

David Viran

Smash Lord
Actually I am pretty sure It might have been called release the kraken, hmmm but then again @DeLux was saying living and dying by the boost kick.....MMM I unno let's just leave it alone before we get it nerfed by giving it a name ;p.

[all for calling it the "your/get screwed attack"] but I don't care either way.

ended up winning a tourney today small amount of entrants but I don't mind an extra 40$ in my pocket =]!
Unleashing the kraken was the name for nair hit confirms.

Top Bottom