• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
The worst part about PP for me is i want to do so much out of it, but 60% of it doesn't use the C stick and i don't want to change the Cstick to tilts.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
The worst part about PP for me is i want to do so much out of it, but 60% of it doesn't use the C stick and i don't want to change the Cstick to tilts.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
Yeah I'm going to switch to tilts again for this. It's a horrible decision Sakurai forces us to make.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm going to switch to tilts again for this. It's a horrible decision Sakurai forces us to make.
In my case its just a matter of whether or not i chose to do tilt followups vs smash follow ups. unlike melee/PM i don't use the C stick at all in this game i find for smashes but with PP i do so its a matter of tilts vs Smashes. UGH.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
In my case its just a matter of whether or not i chose to do tilt followups vs smash follow ups. unlike melee/PM i don't use the C stick at all in this game i find for smashes but with PP i do so its a matter of tilts vs Smashes. UGH.
Well tilts are faster and if you use PP as a punish you really want that.
Dunno how doable PP dsmash spacing is without c stick.

Just saw some Salem ZSS games from the latest Clash tournament.
It was awful. It's like he's completely dropped her for villager and plays completely uninspired with her.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
In all honesty, the things that made him great with the character in Brawl were severely nerfed. It looked to me like he still had a lot of just Brawl auto-pilot habits going, which aren't as rewarding as they were in the previous game. He's smart and can figure it out, but if I had to pick a top ZSS that would have a rough transition, I would have guessed it would have been him.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
In all honesty, the things that made him great with the character in Brawl were severely nerfed. It looked to me like he still had a lot of just Brawl auto-pilot habits going, which aren't as rewarding as they were in the previous game. He's smart and can figure it out, but if I had to pick a top ZSS that would have a rough transition, I would have guessed it would have been him.
I can also see what he is going for with Villager over ZSS. He wants a Diddy killer. That's basically it.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well merry Xmas guys or Hanukkah. I'll be nice and keep my negative chimpanzee comments to my self xD.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Did anybody see how scary zss's Bair with rage is in the grand finals with choco. The Diddy got hit by the bair pretty close to the center of the stage and was at 89% and died. Choco was at like 160 too.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Did anybody see how scary zss's Bair with rage is in the grand finals with choco. The Diddy got hit by the bair pretty close to the center of the stage and was at 89% and died. Choco was at like 160 too.
Yeah I saw it. I prefer to use bair as edgeguarding killmove because of that.
It's one of the reasons why I think ZSS is still being slept on. Her neutral isn't amazing but she gets so much out of her attacks if they connect. She has a lot of combo and early killing options and can rack up damage very quickly.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah I saw it. I prefer to use bair as edgeguarding killmove because of that.
It's one of the reasons why I think ZSS is still being slept on. Her neutral isn't amazing but she gets so much out of her attacks if they connect. She has a lot of combo and early killing options and can rack up damage very quickly.
I noticed that choco was using dsmash as a shield poke a lot more than he used to. I don't know why dsmash isn't used by more zss's as a shield poke because it's really good at it. Zss's probably has the best spike set ups of any character.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I noticed that choco was using dsmash as a shield poke a lot more than he used to. I don't know why dsmash isn't used by more zss's as a shield poke because it's really good at it. Zss's probably has the best spike set ups of any character.
Yeah I can agree on that. The payoff of a dsmash is ridiculous and it's pretty save when spaced well. It's by far our best move imo.
That's why I struggle against good Jiggs :nifty:

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah I can agree on that. The payoff of a dsmash is ridiculous and it's pretty save when spaced well. It's by far our best move imo.
That's why I struggle against good Jiggs :nifty:
Salem was using dsmash like that too but I don't know if that was brawl auto plot or not. I don't know if he switched characters because zss is not a good choice for a online tournament or because he wanted to. Look at esam he stopped using pikachu at the end. He got a nice dsmash to bair to kill which is still a viable tactic and probably the best in that situation he was in.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Salem was using dsmash like that too but I don't know if that was brawl auto plot or not. I don't know if he switched characters because zss is not a good choice for a online tournament or because he wanted to. He got a nice dsmash to bair to kill which is still a viable tactic and probably the best in that situation he was in.
Seeing him play ZSS makes me think that he doesn't even train her :drfacepalm:
Brawl auto pilot is a good description, you hit the nail on the head.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
He's still a very good player and I hope he adapts to the changes and doesn't drop her.
Oh yeah he definitely is. His villager is impressive, although boring to watch.
I think he does the same as in Brawl and looks for a top tier killer instead of a top tier character.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Oh yeah he definitely is. His villager is impressive, although boring to watch.
I think he does the same as in Brawl and looks for a top tier killer instead of a top tier character.
I think he started using zss in brawl before everybody found out she had a good match up with meta knight. Zss does better overall against the top tiers than villager right now anyway. He also lost to zero's diddy in the tournament and switched characters again, it doesn't seem like he knows who to use.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I think he started using zss in brawl before everybody found out she had a good match up with meta knight. Zss does better overall against the top tiers than villager right now anyway. He also lost to zero's diddy in the tournament and switched characters again, it doesn't seem like he knows who to use.
He switched again? You mean Sheik within the tournament or in general?
But you're right, he seems to be undecided. I'd love to see him putting more time into ZSS though.
He obviously doesn't want to drop her completely but not experimenting with her just doesn't work regarding his targeted competition.

David Viran

Smash Lord
He switched again? You mean Sheik within the tournament or in general?
But you're right, he seems to be undecided. I'd love to see him putting more time into ZSS though.
He obviously doesn't want to drop her completely but not experimenting with her just doesn't work regarding his targeted competition.
He used luigi against zero and lost. Yeah zss is a character you can't just pocket you have to put time into her to be good with her.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
He used luigi against zero and lost. Yeah zss is a character you can't just pocket you have to put time into her to be good with her.
Yeah I saw that too. I just hope he doesn't end up playing Diddy. We got enough of those apes.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah I saw that too. I just hope he doesn't end up playing Diddy. We got enough of those apes.
He doesn't seem to roll that way. I think online might have been a factor on why he switched because he's been using zss at all times in singles of other tournaments besides that match or two at the invitational.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
He doesn't seem to roll that way. I think online might have been a factor on why he switched because he's been using zss at all times in singles of other tournaments besides that match or two at the invitational.
Hope dies last. otherwise @ DeLux DeLux just hast to win Apex. We can put all our trust into him. He won't fail us I'm sure.
No pressure though. :ness:

Last edited:

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
Salem will probably take his time a bit over ZSS, Sheik and Villager seems better character overall for him. you will see a lot known player to use different character for netplay simply way too different.

DeLux

Hope dies last. otherwise @ DeLux DeLux just hast to win Apex. We can put all our trust into him. He won't fail us I'm sure.
No pressure though. :ness:
“That’s what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we’ve changed because of it, and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way is winning.”

DeLux

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
There's a local i'm going too in a week. gonna rep ZSS again like last time. made it out of pools but got 0-2'd after that. hoping i can get further this time around. i was the only ZSS last time so i'm hoping this time around there's at least one more.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
There's a local i'm going too in a week. gonna rep ZSS again like last time. made it out of pools but got 0-2'd after that. hoping i can get further this time around. i was the only ZSS last time so i'm hoping this time around there's at least one more.
I wish you good reads

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
ugh there is a brawl tourney tomorrow and i think I'm to poor to go T.T.
psh i can't play brawl zss anymore anyways.
My mind always crashes when I see someone not fly away from down smash before I can blink,
It's like I'm in the twilight zone...suit pieces? .... glide tossing?... don't even get me started xD.

Last edited:

DeLux

Make sure you nair everything like you would in Smash 4

David Viran

Smash Lord
Just did some testing on zss's down throw and it was in training mode. I was able to get uair as a true follow up all the way up to 220%, or at least that's where I stopped, with DI. Now how they DIed did matter because if they DIed away then you had to dash first then jump and it would still be a true follow up. I tested this on wii fit because she is like dead center in weight. I don't know who else knew this because I never heard this before but it was new to me.

M@v

Subarashii!
You can add another zero suit to the list of people going to APEX. I've been putting a lot of time into zero suit lately and like her a lot more than falcon now. I'm probably going to go fox and zss at apex. I have a few other characters I still have interest in too(both marios, robin, Falco, shulk), but I need to start mastering 2 or 3 tops if I wanna go anywhere in the brackets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom