• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "wow, Chrono Characters should be in this" thread

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
where's the love for chrono??? he's by far the coolest and best fit character from square to fit in smash. he would have a really sick moveset (anyone who played chrono trigger would argee)! and let's not forget Glenn, Lynx, Serge, Magus, Frog, Lucca, Marle, Robo, and Ayla. I've only seen 3 people so far who posted in regard to Chrono Trigger in this forum.

Chrono Trigger Characters
http://www.creativeuncut.com/artct.html

Chrono Cross Characters
http://www.creativeuncut.com/artcc.html

<3 <3

if i had the time, i would post a moveset for each character...anyways, <3 chrono!

I<3Shiek said:
(...Luminaire for an ultimate, anyone? <3)
<3 <3 <3 :colorful:

Some personal favs:

Etra

Smash Cadet
I have a good feeling about him making it in...Chrono Trigger was even redone with added CGs (though, not for Nintendo, but still). I think it's a possibility.

Not to mention, it might keep all the "amgad put in Cloud!!!" people at bay.

Weather

Smash Rookie
I think Frog would make a better Smash character than Crono.
Still, I'd love to see him in it. :)

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I posted about Chrono Trigger characters back when it was the Revolution Smash thread of 94927453 pages. I'm a huge fan of Chrono Trigger and their characters could be awesome in SSBB. Luminaire and Dark Matter would be awesome supers. Obviously Crono has the best chance among CT characters, but I hope Magus makes it in. I'd like Frog too, but we'd hear "Blah blah blah swordplay, blah blah blah repetitive."

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
I want Frog and Robo in the game. Robo doesn't even need weapons to own everyone. They would have really funny movesets and kick ***. Chrono is also a good addition, and is far better than Cloud.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Frog, Magus, and Robo (in that order) would be the best characters to add.

Crono I guess...but those three would work better, in my opinion.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
glad to see people who want to see chrono characters

*slightly changed the thread topic*

Kirby Fanboy

Smash Rookie
I want Chrono,Magus and Robo to be in the game.Magus would be a great character because he would use his syth to attack from a long range. :)

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
No more long range melee weapons. Marth's sword has more than enough range and i don't want another character with such a sick range.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
true, but magus can be pretty slow and that can be his true downfall. then again, im surpised no one is mention Chrono Cross characters, it wasnt that bad of a sequel :p

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
PZX2DN4F said:
No more long range melee weapons. Marth's sword has more than enough range and i don't want another character with such a sick range.
Yeah, but the difference is that Magus' scythe should be very weak. Magus' strengths lie in his spells, and his fsmash with the scythe should be no more powerful that Marth's ftilt. And if we're complaining about long-range weapons, shouldn't we be complaining about Crono/Frog? I don't personally think this is a problem, however, and they could be very different from Marth/Roy in many ways.

So, as I said before:
1. Crono
2. Magus
3. Frog

Oh, and Robo should only be in the game if he's replacing Sandbag. If they put in Robo and leave out any other playable characters, I'd be very disappointed. I'm not saying all the Chrono Trigger playables should be in, I'm just saying that Robo isn't the best choice from Chrono Trigger.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
so ah...how about chrono cross
i think Lynx would make a great addition, he looks so badass

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
depends which lynx your talking about. if u mean the original Lynx (serge's dad), then, yes. but if you mean Lynx (when serge is trapped in his body), then, no, sinec serge keeps his wierd double blade rod.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Hm...

MAGUS (almost a Mewtwo clone, but faster, and with a sythe...he's only really a clone because he moves like M2 (running, etc.), but has a normal second jump)

Neutral A/Multi A - two swipes with the sythe (similar to Marth's A combo, but with more downtime after the two swpies)

F-Tilt A - a cross slash with the sythe

D-Tilt - a low swipe (similar to Link's/YL's D-tilt)

U-Tilt - upwards arc (similar to YL's, but faster with less knockback)

F-Smash - stabs sythe forward with a burst of dark energy (similar to G&W's Match, but cannot hit as long as G&W's)

D-Smash - Mewtwo's D-Smash

U-Smash - Small version of the triangle-ish move in CT (sort of similar to M2's and Zelda's U-Smashes...first few frames get good damage/vertical knockback, anytime after shoots them off with significantly less knockback off to the sides (around 50-60 degrees from the ground))

Dash A - Mewtwo's dash attack with a clobbering item (spins in front)

N-Air - Mewtwo's N-air (just with dark fire instead of sparks, and it pulls opponents in more than M2's)

F-Air - Peach's F-air (with a sythe of course)

B-Air - a cross slash (similar to Link's F-air, but behind him)

D-Air - Marth's D-air (Meteor Smash instead of Spike)

U-Air - ???

Neutral B - Roy's B (less charge time (between Roy and Marth's), dark fire, not as damaging)

Tilt B - ???

Smash B - ??? (stronger than Tilt B, slightly more lag)

Down B - ???

Up B - Covers in cape and shoots upwards (a bit more horizontal than G&W's, slightly less distance)

Just a possible moveset for Magus...

Zodiac

Smash Master
I think that Crono, Magus and maybe the final form of Lavos, and of course GLenn(Frog) but, amybe he could have a transformation feature, like zelda to sheik except form his frog form to human form,

Xelyst

-_-
Chrono hands down would make an excellent addition to SSBB. All oposing arguments can go in da trash ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
<3 zen, so true

think of the great special moves characters can have. think Lynx with his black hole attack for CC >.> or chrono doing his fire/ice elemental slash with lucca and marle

Zodiac

Smash Master
So if Chrono and Marle where ona team they could execute ice sword 3 and dedimate people, or say Glenn and Crono were on a team, X-slash, though i dont think team combos would allt ogether bea good idea.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
oh, i meant as special moves. like, marle appears out of nowhere and creates havoc with chrono

Zodiac

Smash Master
That would definetly be a better option than team attacks,

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure that Square characters are going to be aloud in smash? besides the characters for when nintendo and square were together...and even then, we don't know who has the rights to those characters (geno....mallow etc.). Konami is the only 3rd party that we know is putting characters in games.

Aiser

Smash Lord
me = just finding this thread..>_>

Chrono Trigger characters must be in ssbb >=O

Chrono, Magus, Frog (Glenn) and Lavos as a game boss.

I'm sure if Nintendo wanted too they could make a deal with Square, they're not at each others throats anymore so its possible.

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
If they DO include a character here from Square-Enix, that'd be Crono, definetely.
Some people may say Legend of the Seven Stars' characters like Geno(That's a voted chara), but I'd say it would be Crono, because Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest RPG of all times (It's in my top 5 RPG list :p ), and Crono is a great character, and of course, it's a SNES exclusive (Playing it on PSX it's not the same, I'm sure you agree with me :) ), and it's a absolutely-must-have. If they put Square-Enix charas there, you'll see Crono in Brawl.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Neo_Morphix said:
If they DO include a character here from Square-Enix, that'd be Crono, definetely.
Some people may say Legend of the Seven Stars' characters like Geno(That's a voted chara), but I'd say it would be Crono, because Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest RPG of all times (It's in my top 5 RPG list :p ), and Crono is a great character, and of course, it's a SNES exclusive (Playing it on PSX it's not the same, I'm sure you agree with me :) ), and it's a absolutely-must-have. If they put Square-Enix charas there, you'll see Crono in Brawl.
I expected to see you here, chicken. But I agree with Crono, maybe you could change the colors. And then you could play with... Goku from Dragon Ball :chuckle: !!! (escapes with a jetpack).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, lucca would be awesome. her special could be an awesome cinematic where chrono and marle come in and do that fire/ice sword combo.

FoolyCooly

Smash Cadet
I think Lucca would be the best, just because it would avoid the whole 'omg sowrds lol!!1' bs going around. Simple punches and kicks for a moves. B moves? Pie:
B - Wondershot: Meh...another Fox blaster
Side-B - Fire: Din's Fire? Maybe...
Up-B - Rocket Boots: Whoooosh!
Down-B - Napalm: Make a little explosion wherever you are, damaging nearby enemies.

Super? FLARE! BUAHAHA!

Top Bottom