• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Song Ever Written - Gym Class Heroes v Black Eyed Peas

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
^^^That post makes no sense because your favorite artist says things like I wanna take a ride on ur disco stick
lol, lady gaga

Well it may not have ingenious lyrics but its better than "Super Man Dat Hoe".
no, Super Man Dat Hoe is better than lady gaga lyrics.

Ke$a is the voice of our generation. Willow Smith is just a condom break gone wrong.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

^^ LMAO

country is the one genre (anything that is christian I don't really consider music loooool) that can be as bad as poppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.
All I listen to is metal and some christian metal artists are better than those darn atheists!

Ok it looks like Ay Bay Bay wins by a landslide lol.

I'm gonna be at pound so vote on new songs while I'm gone!

Also I don't really take requests, but I'll probably do black & yellow at some point and probably pretty boy swag also. You'll just have to be patient.
We used to call Ay Bay Bay "Gay Date ****" because that's what it sounds like.

Can't believe I just found this thread. Pop music is all terribad. BTW cupids choke hold is my vote.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lots of hate and almost no actual analysis of any of these songs.

Complexity does not determine the worth of music. Some of the most beautiful pieces of music are based off of relatively simple melodies and harmonies (in the end 99% of tonal music is reduced to I-V-I anyway.)

Pop music is written to be danced to. Listen to Sousa marches or Mozart waltzes and you'll find (for the most part) they're pretty simply composed as well. That's because by their function, they're required to have a steady beat as well as simple phrasing and form. Try dancing to Venetian Snares sometime after criticizing Lady Gaga for her boring beats.

A lot of pop artists are chosen for the unique timbre of their voices. If you listen closely to most of the pop artists out right now, the timbre of their voices are very different from one another. It won't take you more than half a second to distinguish the difference between a Rihanna, Kesha, Lady Gaga or Katy Perry song because of this. Those four also happen to show pretty musical phrasing and are probably much more talented singers than you are. A lot of artistic work in songs is done by producers BUT THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. Cooperation is/should be an important part of writing music. If you disagree, then you'd best ignore a ton of music which made what we listen to today even possible (see Russian romantic music "The Mighty Handful.")

While I totally agree with the concept of trying to raise the bar for pop music to encourage greater variety and creativity, I think it's important to look at these songs for what they really are. You could easily go through the majority of songs written in the last century and bash them for their harmonic, melodic and lyrical simplicity but you'd be missing the point. These songs have validity in their ability to make people feel something. Hating on songs without providing evidence for why you don't like it is not productive and just divides people based on their taste. If you can isolate what you don't like about a song, it's much easier to agree to disagree on that point instead of saying "this artists is bad and you have bad taste for liking him/her." And more importantly, you might just find that after a second listen, there are aspects of the song that you like that you didn't realize before.

I get that this is just a fun thread and it's pretty amusing. Just some food for thought on music criticism.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Pop music died after the 1990's.

Everything "pop" after 2000 is ******** sex-rap-dance-crack with lyrics that make no sense, written by someone with the brain-power-equivalent of a piece of fungus growing off of a clump of bear feces.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Lots of hate and almost no actual analysis of any of these songs.

Complexity does not determine the worth of music. Some of the most beautiful pieces of music are based off of relatively simple melodies and harmonies (in the end 99% of tonal music is reduced to I-V-I anyway.)

Pop music is written to be danced to. Listen to Sousa marches or Mozart waltzes and you'll find (for the most part) they're pretty simply composed as well. That's because by their function, they're required to have a steady beat as well as simple phrasing and form. Try dancing to Venetian Snares sometime after criticizing Lady Gaga for her boring beats.

A lot of pop artists are chosen for the unique timbre of their voices. If you listen closely to most of the pop artists out right now, the timbre of their voices are very different from one another. It won't take you more than half a second to distinguish the difference between a Rihanna, Kesha, Lady Gaga or Katy Perry song because of this. Those four also happen to show pretty musical phrasing and are probably much more talented singers than you are. A lot of artistic work in songs is done by producers BUT THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. Cooperation is/should be an important part of writing music. If you disagree, then you'd best ignore a ton of music which made what we listen to today even possible (see Russian romantic music "The Mighty Handful.")

While I totally agree with the concept of trying to raise the bar for pop music to encourage greater variety and creativity, I think it's important to look at these songs for what they really are. You could easily go through the majority of songs written in the last century and bash them for their harmonic, melodic and lyrical simplicity but you'd be missing the point. These songs have validity in their ability to make people feel something. Hating on songs without providing evidence for why you don't like it is not productive and just divides people based on their taste. If you can isolate what you don't like about a song, it's much easier to agree to disagree on that point instead of saying "this artists is bad and you have bad taste for liking him/her." And more importantly, you might just find that after a second listen, there are aspects of the song that you like that you didn't realize before.

I get that this is just a fun thread and it's pretty amusing. Just some food for thought on music criticism.
this is a very good post :bee:

Top Bottom