• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The World Ends With You general discussion

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I am beyond hyped for this, I can't wait to see what they're going to do this time!

:038:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Please let it be so. That game seriously restored my hope in originality for RPGs after a long string of well, 'formulated' and 'same styled' ones that I'd been playing before it. If it comes out on 3DS, that gives me 2 games I want for it so far, with the other being Zero Escape.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Unfortunately this is all speculation right now, might want to change this into a general TWEWY thread.

I'm really hoping it turns out to be real though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
oh god, i will actually have a reason to buy a 3DS

i have every mastered pin and everybody will max stats on the original TWEWY cart, took freaking forever lol

still haven't got past B rank in those parameters where you kill a lot of noise

speculation or not, '/subaseka/' strongly strongly strongly suggests it's TWEWY

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There is no denying that the teaser is related to TWEWY in some way, there is a remix of Calling hidden on the site that will no doubt show up in a few days.

I only gave that warning so this thread doesn't get closed for going against the rules. SquareEnix has not confirmed anything yet so this still fall into Hypothetical Game territory. :/

But this is cool, it got me replaying TWEWY, I'm up to day 5, feels kind of like a new game since it's been 901d 19h 24m since I last played it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it really is a refreshing one. Usually I only hear two complaints from people that play it. 1. The dual-screen thing is a bit tricky, and 2. "Why does 'Calling' seem to play all the time?".

Edit: Would be kind of nice if I could find an mp3 of the teaser song bit that's currently playing on the main linked page here. Y'know, the instrumental one. The hidden remix is cool, but was just curious with the one that is playing currently is all.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Why thank you good sir. Do you have like some audio-ripping software or something? All I have is a video capture device I use for wrestling PPV streams, tournament streams, and Big Brother feeds, lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The one for three days left sounds complete, it might not change after that.

I didn't find the Calling remix bgm link either, not sure who found it and I couldn't find out how.

Other stuff is easy, like what the background will be with three days left, but obviously there is nothing relieving what this is or it would have been found by now. :/

So, while I replay TWEWY I may try to 100%, are there any specific enemies in any specific chapter that I should grind against for items that I need a lot of, or can I find everything in some lategame chapter?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The one for three days left sounds complete, it might not change after that.

I didn't find the Calling remix bgm link either, not sure who found it and I couldn't find out how.

Other stuff is easy, like what the background will be with three days left, but obviously there is nothing relieving what this is or it would have been found by now. :/

So, while I replay TWEWY I may try to 100%, are there any specific enemies in any specific chapter that I should grind against for items that I need a lot of, or can I find everything in some lategame chapter?
Do the bonus chapter if you want to get everything.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I dunno about you guys, but I sometimes catch myself singing lyrics to Twister whenever I don't hear Calling being sung in that 3days bgm. Sure would be cool if they added that in the coming days.

Yeah, Twister's a good song too. I always liked the Extended Version that played in the Final Boss Battle the best out of all the versions though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hoax? No one working on this ever said it would be a sequel, everyone was just jumping to conclusions. A port was always a very real possibility.

TWEWY is a great standalone game anyways, so meh. :/

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Fighting the jellyfish noise (Jelly Madchester/Swechno) in W2D3, in a handful of places including the Scramble, is a good way to grind if you use Joshua. Just float with Joshua, keep away from them with Neku, and let them multiply. Kill all but one blue jelly, rinse and repeat. That way you don't have to start battles over and over again. That's what I always did to grind.

It was a hoax. A fudging ios port. No sequel. No more twewy.

Fail.
Of.
The.
Year.
All.
Years. Now and forevermore. So much rage.
This is, admittedly, very lame, but we should wait until it's officially announced before expressing disappointment. I don't have much hope that they'd be announcing an iOS port in addition to a sequel or something, but we should at least wait for the announcement.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Small shred of hope from a TWEWY translator https://twitter.com/brilingual/status/238893262570651648
Before everyone decides the #twewy countdown is over, they might want to wait for the countdown to be over. #moredripthanleak
But anyway yea if this is just an IoS port that freaking sucks.How would you even play this game on an iphone. Would it be like, Neku touchscreen controls only? The iphone screen just seems to small to show both screens at once. I could see this on an iPad though I guess.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Why would you need a port of TWEWY on iOS anyways? I'm not gonna buy a game that I already have on my DS.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
As has been said and all that, I think some people are jumping to conclusions and stuff. But only time will tell. And actual time, not PC clock fast-forwarding.

If Android is 50% of the mobile market and ios is 30%...then why does ios still have priority?
Consumer trends I guess. Anything that's slapped with an Apple logo seems to make consumers lose rational thought, considering that I live in the heart of ghetto in Los Angeles with people who walk around with iPhones that they keep next to their food stamp card. A shame really.

Either way, this is awesome. Re-release or sequel it's bound to be successful.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
The Final Day of Shibuya before the (hopefully) big announcement.

The remix has been updated, adding lines of, "The Power Is Yet Unknown."

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Announcements out.

http://youtu.be/osRNt8ai9FM

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashiki-solo-remix/en/new.html

Just iOS. Game has HD art, remixed music, a revised combat system to work on one screen, and other stuff like being able to read twitter feeds by scanning.

It's available tomorrow, for 18$ on iphone and 20$ on ipad

Looking at the trailer it looks fun enough to me. I always preferred Nekus touchscreen battles over my partners top screen battles, so having them both be on one screen is rather nice.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Looks like they put a lot of effort into this.

Still, I don't have anything with iOS, so I'm not getting it. :/

Fighting the jellyfish noise (Jelly Madchester/Swechno) in W2D3, in a handful of places including the Scramble, is a good way to grind if you use Joshua. Just float with Joshua, keep away from them with Neku, and let them multiply. Kill all but one blue jelly, rinse and repeat. That way you don't have to start battles over and over again. That's what I always did to grind.
That worked out very well, though slow, I'll go back sometime later with some better exp boosting equips. Thanks.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, this is total BS, I say. Like, all that build-up, hype, teasing, etc, for it to just be a re-make/re-release? That's just terrible and awful and a kick in the junk by Square. Like, what the hell? Halo 1 HD Remake didn't get this kind of crap around it to the best of my knowledge...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, this is total BS, I say. Like, all that build-up, hype, teasing, etc, for it to just be a re-make/re-release? That's just terrible and awful and a kick in the junk by Square. Like, what the hell? Halo 1 HD Remake didn't get this kind of crap around it to the best of my knowledge...
You turned it into something it wasn't.

This isn't so bad imo, There is probably a lot of interest in TWEWY after the characters appeared in the new Kingdom Hearts, this way Square will actually get money off of that interest instead of everyone buying it used at Gamestop.

Square getting money means there might be a better chance for a sequel. I think it would have been better to just put it on the 3DS eShop, but whatever, this remake does not hurt anyone.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The revamped partner system with them battling on the same screen and how fusions are done is pretty cool. I'd like to try it myself, but no money at the moment. :(

The only people this remake hurts are those who were really hoping for a new game. Even though I was disappointed in not getting a new game, it works out because there will be remixes and new songs.

Also, if anyone didn't notice, I find it funny that they put the Twister Gang mix into that remix. It wasn't in the Japanese version of TWEWY. XD

Also, should this become a general TWEWY thread yet?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The revamped partner system with them battling on the same screen and how fusions are done is pretty cool. I'd like to try it myself, but no money at the moment. :(

The only people this remake hurts are those who were really hoping for a new game. Even though I was disappointed in not getting a new game, it works out because there will be remixes and new songs.

Also, if anyone didn't notice, I find it funny that they put the Twister Gang mix into that remix. It wasn't in the Japanese version of TWEWY. XD

Also, should this become a general TWEWY thread yet?
It also hurts people who don't have iOS.

Top Bottom