• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wolf Board Interview Thread! (Tekkie :3)

D

Deleted member

Okay, I updated the OP with JJ's interview. I'll get the rest of them up this week.

Voting status: We're currently at a tie between Gheb and Semifer. If you guys want, we can do a double interview, which could work because they're both from Europe. You just post questions for both of them to answer, or specify who you want to answer your question.

D

Deleted member

Well in that case, it goes to Semifer. Everybody alright with that?

Choice

Smash Champion
what does semifer even mean? o.o

edit: what's your actual name?
how come you play wolf?
do you have a favorite stage? if yes, what is it?
what advice do you have for a player new to wolf?
what about new to smash?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What are your true opinions on Wolf vs Yoshi?

With wiichuck (you still use wiichuck, right?), any new configurations, or do you still have dpad set to smashes and 1/2 set to grab? Is there any different thing you use to grab that makes it easier/more comfortable?

Are you ever coming to the US for a big tournament? ;D

:059:

Choice

Smash Champion
i was actually wondering the same thing about grab for wiichuck. i was so confused when i used one this past sunday caz i was like "ok dpad to c-stick...wait, where is grab?"

so why use wiichuck semifer?

D

Deleted member

Do you know exactly how much Yikarur loves you?

Sausage or bacon?

Do you watch any anime? If so, any favorite series?

Laem

Smash Champion
Dear Semifer,

Is it possible to love some1 more than yika loves you?
Do you have secret wolf secrets?
Which of Wolfs smash attacks is your favorite?
Mook-Molenhoek??

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who's the european top player you feel you have the best chance at beating.?
Have you ever considered switching to GCC for competitive play?
What are the advantages of the Wii-Chuck other than the fact that you started out with it?
How do you generally practice tech-skill? Do you do that in friendlies or vs CPUs or what?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
How did you feel when discovering the wolf Sharking tech under delfino and started swimming under concrete?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKkr7dNiE0c

I just watched this match and you knew you had options to Gr on Diddy. Did you read my Grab release thread to learn that? Dacus works on Diddy and not Fsmash unfortunately lol.
Ah this set lol. It was on the live stream and my wiichuck was ****ed up there, weird things were happening. And I'm pretty sure that stutter step fsmash is true, has always been working before, I think I just buffered it wrong or something. Didn't want to Dacus because LP's DI is crazy.

what does semifer even mean? o.o

edit: what's your actual name?
how come you play wolf?
do you have a favorite stage? if yes, what is it?
what advice do you have for a player new to wolf?
what about new to smash?
1. It's the latin word for half animal. I'm really good at latin and when I had to choose nicks I always used to look for something latin related. So when I got Zelda twilight princess more than two years ago I wanted to have a nick for Link, and Semifer turned out to be pretty good because Link is half human half Wolf in the game. I liked it and now I use it everywhere.

2. Sebastian Stefan Sievering

3. I played random chars one day and got Wolf. I liked to play as him so I started to main him. I actually don't know anything about my char, didn't even play the Starfox games, it was just random haha.

4. I really like SV and BF. I like bright stages in general, and dislike dark stages like PS1 and Lylat (though I think Wolf is good on Lylat).

5. Before you do anything else learn illusion cancel. If you learn to use this from beginning on, you will know how to import it into your gameplay and you will have a much easier time to recover. I would like to see what kind of a Wolf turns out if he knows how to use this perfectly.

6. Inform yourself about the game. If you better understand the physics of the game you will realize the options you acutally have, which makes you improve much faster than just playing the game without knowing what you are actually doing.

Whats the best wolf combo uve done
I have much cool stuff on wiis all around germany XD. I think the coolest is something like edgeguarding a bit with bairs then doing SideB from the far lightstep distance, weak SideB hit makes opponent fly to me and then I did Bair for the kill out of the lightstep or something like this. Most cool stuff is vs Yika, it's so much fun to **** him XD. Once he wanted to recover with UpB, he was charging it when I was hanging on the edge, I dropped and did a SideB in offstage direction and spikes him out of his UpB haha =D. I think the replay is on his wii, maybe he can upload it.

What are your true opinions on Wolf vs Yoshi?

With wiichuck (you still use wiichuck, right?), any new configurations, or do you still have dpad set to smashes and 1/2 set to grab? Is there any different thing you use to grab that makes it easier/more comfortable?

Are you ever coming to the US for a big tournament? ;D

1. It's really fun because you can just do stuff which works and combo the **** out of this dino.

2. Well, I have dpad to smashes, 1 to grab and A+B to shield. There are some weird physics with A+B which makes the game think you press A when you release B or something like this which makes it easier to instant throw. I sometimes use this physic to illusion cancel, so I press B and release A in the right moment so the game thinks I pressed B again, works better for me than just pressing b again.

3. Apex maybe ;D

i was actually wondering the same thing about grab for wiichuck. i was so confused when i used one this past sunday caz i was like "ok dpad to c-stick...wait, where is grab?"

so why use wiichuck semifer?
1. 1 to grab is not that bad... I got used to it and it doesn't feel that weird anymore, my main use for this are chain grabs or buffering stuff, otherwise shield+A does the job.

2. I just used it when I played the first time. Never played Melee before, so I didn't know that gcc is actually the way to go. So I got used to it, and it has it advantages. It's very comfortable, you have a nice position of the jump button and I can wavebounce perfektly because pressing dpad and special at the same moment gives you the special of the dpad direction you pressed. This also makes jumpshine OoS easier because I don't have to press down to do it, but honestly I hardly use jumpshine OoS outside of teams and some MUs.

Do you know exactly how much Yikarur loves you?

Sausage or bacon?

Do you watch any anime? If so, any favorite series?
1. He loves me so much that he is always calling me a stupid child XD

2. As a German... sausage.

3. I watched Death Note, Elfenlied and Code Geass because a friend of mine forced me to do so. But they turned out to be really cool, would watch more animes if I had the time. But there is no anime like One Piece I watch every week, although I loved all those Dragonball, Pokemon and One Piece stuff when I was 12, I just forget about it and/or don't have the time.

Dear Semifer,

Is it possible to love some1 more than yika loves you?
Do you have secret wolf secrets?
Which of Wolfs smash attacks is your favorite?
Mook-Molenhoek??
Dear Tonie,

1. He actually hates me, so yeah =P
2. I'm not sure. I have much stuff but maybe those are things which just work for me or it is too specific or it is too hard to explain when and how to use it (aka I'm too lazy).
3. Fsmash. Did you know you can cancel it on the peak of the rock of PS2? Kinda hilarious. One of my random specific "secrets" btw, I call it parasolic Fsmash bombing haha.
4. MOOK-MOLENHOEK!! (had to laugh about this question for like 5 minutes)

Who's the european top player you feel you have the best chance at beating.?
Have you ever considered switching to GCC for competitive play?
What are the advantages of the Wii-Chuck other than the fact that you started out with it?
How do you generally practice tech-skill? Do you do that in friendlies or vs CPUs or what?

1. Difficult... Didn't play some of them yet in a serious set or it's just too long ago. I think I have chances to beat every top player. Best chances... maybe Calzorz, because I didn't lose to Snake for a long time, just speculation XD. Worst chances might be Leon and LP if he goes Wario. I think LP has pretty much the best grab game in the world so it would be almost impossible to avoid a grab. If he goes Diddy I have chances if we don't play on the live stream. Yeah it's sounds like a bad john but you can't really control what's going on with your controller and just think "wtf", I hope every other wiichuck player understands me in this point.

2+3.^Last time I considered this was after that match lol. It really pisses you off that you will never be able to play on a live stream regulary. And Orion always says to me "use gcc" but I'm on the one hand just too lazy and on the other I do pretty well with wiichuck so I don't really need to change. As I stated before it has some advantages for wavebouncing stuff and shine OoS, and you can also troll people on tourneys by playing a cpu from a ridiculously long distance far away from the TV and everybody thinks "who the **** is playing there?" Or you don't log it out so you can troll people by pressing home haha.

4. I practice very much in the training mode... most of the time I think "why am I so bad at illusion cancelling" and go into the training mode, and then I forget everything I wanted to practice and just combo the cpu XD. Nah jk, this just happens here and then. Problem is though I can do stuff like illusion cancel almost perfectly in training mode, I have problems to do it in a real match, but this is getting better. I also play cpus sometimes to import stuff better into my gameplay and to punish ledge options or getups or anything else on reaction.

Choice

Smash Champion
does europe play with tripping off?
what's your favorite thing about the german smash scene?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
PARASOLIC FSMASH BOMBING. Though there is no parasol there. I think the proper name should be "Rock Smash Fsmash Bombing". Do you agree?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Do you keep track of how brawl metagame in the US progresses?
Do you keep track of other wolf's and how they do?
Have you picked up anything from other wolf's like, playstyles or certain moves yada yada?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
How did you feel when discovering the wolf Sharking tech under delfino and started swimming under concrete?
Oh sry forgot you yesterday xD. Well I felt like "wtf have to show everybody and give it a cool name", and then someone made the illusion diving video for me. Wolf sharking tech under delfino is a good name too though.

does europe play with tripping off?
what's your favorite thing about the german smash scene?
1. No... maybe sometimes on the main TV but there is no rule for tripping off. Would be better though, being random it has a too big effect on the game, too bad it's impossible to have this hack on every setup on a larger tournament.

2. There are so many smashers in Germany exspecially in the area where I live, you need less than 2 hours to get to the most places and don't even have to pay because there is a ticket you can use to go everywhere in this area. There are smash fests every weekend and we also meet each other during the week sometimes. We are having more and more Tournaments atm, about one every month which makes the scene grow. It's pretty much perfect, the only really bad thing are the Melee players who made a sport out of flaming Brawl, can't imagine that this is more extreme anywhere else than it is here.

PARASOLIC FSMASH BOMBING. Though there is no parasol there. I think the proper name should be "Rock Smash Fsmash Bombing". Do you agree?
Nah there must be a parasol somewhere in the name... Parasolic Rock Smash Fsmash Bombing maybe? Would be PRSFB in a short form, legit imo.

what is your least favorite matchup and how is orion doing over there that dude is mad chill
1. Flaco. This MU just feels terrible, and there is no Falco to practice it in my area, BluB lives far away sadly.

2. He has the most scary trollface and the most weird voice ever. But otherwise he's doing fine I think =P

Do you keep track of how brawl metagame in the US progresses?
Do you keep track of other wolf's and how they do?
Have you picked up anything from other wolf's like, playstyles or certain moves yada yada?
1. Of course, I watch every important match and livestream and know all the results. We also have a thread on the german smash boards where we talk about the US metagame. atm waiting for more whobo vids. My favourite players are btw ADHD, ESAM, Ally, Coney, Will, Trela, Anti, and M2K, I try to watch every match of them.

2. Yeah, I watch most Videos and lurk around a bit here looking/hoping for new finds or discussions (though I should lurk more), but then I just read some random funny stuff which is fine too haha. Btw, I'm really impressed by how well you and Seagull are doing on larger tournaments. Still don't get how you won an 80 (?) man tournament.

3. I'm not sure... I know that I picked up jumpshine because everybody was hyping it. My main uses for this are jumpshine after a sh rising bair vs shield, as a ledge option in combination with ledge jump and when opponent is respawning, OoS it's pretty useless imo. There might be other things I picked up subconsciously, but all in all my playstyle is mostly a result of my own experience.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
3. I'm not sure... I know that I picked up jumpshine because everybody was hyping it. My main uses for this are jumpshine after a sh rising bair vs shield, as a ledge option in combination with ledge jump and when opponent is respawning, OoS it's pretty useless imo. There might be other things I picked up subconsciously, but all in all my playstyle is mostly a result of my own experience.
That's the best time to use a jumpshine in my opinion. you either footstool or it's just REALLY safe. I think more Wolfs should use this. Do you agree that Kash's triple Bair wall replaced Jumpshine aka "KTBWPJS" is the best use of Jumpshine?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
green wofl da bess wofl?
Every good wofl uses green wofl, so he obv must be da bess wofl.

That's the best time to use a jumpshine in my opinion. you either footstool or it's just REALLY safe. I think more Wolfs should use this. Do you agree that Kash's triple Bair wall replaced Jumpshine aka "KTBWPJS" is the best use of Jumpshine?
KTBWPJS is indeed a very good use of jumpshine, but I like ledge jump shine, aka LGS even more. It's also really safe because of the low cooldown of shine, I pretty much never get punished for it.

200 posts!!!

Laem

Smash Champion
how do you think wolfs uair compares to other character's uairs?
is the Wolf in M2N banner you? :D

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
why do you have only 200 Posts?
Because I don't lurk enough.

how do you think wolfs uair compares to other character's uairs?
is the Wolf in M2N banner you? :D
1. Wolfs uair is a rainbow uair. So it's similar to every other rainbow uair like the one of Marth, MK or even Bowser.

2. I don't play red Wolf, so it must be Arc, the only red Wolf in the world iirc.

Laem

Smash Champion
hadnt heared of rainbow uairs yet but i approve :d
jiggly has the best rainbow uair LOL

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think Arc is the only red wolf?

There used to be a thread long time ago where you said your Wolf color and Arc was the only red one iirc.

hadnt heared of rainbow uairs yet but i approve :d
jiggly has the best rainbow uair LOL
Nah Jiggs has a reverse rainbow uair because the hitbox starts behind her and ends in front of her, true rainbow uairs work the other way round.

Choice

Smash Champion
what got you into smash?
What else do you do when you're not playing smash?
do you have any life goals? like if theres one thing you want to absolutely make sure you do before you die, what would it be?

Top Bottom