• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I actually do want to get better with Zelda so I'll probably start lurking soon. I want to eventually make a short spike compilation to Drake's Worst Behavior featuring Wii Fit and Zelda. Maybe with some animation dashed in of them in sunglasses rapping or something.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I actually do want to get better with Zelda so I'll probably start lurking soon. I want to eventually make a short spike compilation to Drake's Worst Behavior featuring Wii Fit and Zelda. Maybe with some animation dashed in of them in sunglasses rapping or something.
Don't worry, they're nice people.

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
Is this the gym? I hope I found the yoga class... Just wanted to post here because I've been lurking around here for a while now.

Seeing that this is a general discussion thread, I'll talk about something...

I picked up WFT because I thought she was interesting, stuck around because I could troll with her, played her a lot because of her god-like off-stage game. She's not my main, but one of my favorites in the cast.

Now if only her workouts could result in actual in-game buffs...

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Been so focused on fundamentals, I've only just now experimented with traps and such. WFT's got some really mean ones. Most of us know about uthrow>uair beating out nearly every aerial but not a true combo on about 1/2 the cast, making header really great for baiting and wrecking airdodges.

As it turns out nair's total frames matchup very well with airdodge's total frames, making nair>bair a frametrap, as well as utilt>nair similar in function that leads to kills or high damage.

Also found a much better follow up from jab release in soft aerial nair>uair. Starting the jab(since it's release kb is unaffected by it) with db I found myself netting kills against heavies like Yoshi around 100%.

It also seems that the characters that are susceptible to uthrow>uair as a true combo. Are also true comboable from grounded jab kill setups like reverse f-tilt>uair and utilt>bair. Preeeeeeeeetty neat findings so far I'll make a thread eventually.

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
The thing I love about her is that if she isn't KO'd, she's going to get back to the stage. You can fully charge your sun salutation or your deep breathing (whichever one you need) before recovering, which is really great. Plus all of the neat things you can do with your header (like header into a ledge grab, which produces the ball but cancels the move) are great.

People can't really challenge you either, unless it's Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, and you shouldn't be fighting them off-stage anyways lol. (unless it's Sheik, then it's a problem lol)

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about any of them to be honest. Header's active frames and deceptively large hitbox is just too good to risk dropping an aerial that won't kill onto it and between SS and bair coming in from the side can be be pretty dangerous as well.

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Random but... I just noticed Wii Fit Trainer's hula hoops change colors when you use them. *gets blank stares, slowly walks backwards, then runs*

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
Hmmm, true. Of the three of them I'm most worried about Kirby's Dair at higher percents. Meta Knight and Dedede are more manageable.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Kirby's dair has tons of startup and trades very unfavorably nearly with uair and header. Bair and stone are much scarier options.

MK's dair and nair are super scary if you lose your jump, otherwise rising uair is pretty solid, and momentum cancels can ensure he's not just hovering out waiting to catch you. Header is fine too if he's using dair to drop on you, but it nair will beat it out.

Pretty sure nothing's gonna beat out a well spaced aerial from DDD, but you've got the speed and power and maneuverability to be a threat.

This is all while returning BTW. If you're edgeguarding you're fine since none of them can really contest bair or SS. Header will beat all of their UpBs and catches ledge vulnerability.

---------

So apparently there's been a game out called 999 and I didn't know. My life is a lie.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So my birthday was last week and my friend gave me an interesting card.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
999 was so good!

Very light novelish with the amount of text, but seriously so good! I recommend checking it out to anyone that likes puzzle/murder/mystery games.

Onto more healthy things, I've been thinking about trying to tackle our combos, specifically our kill combo percents for the whole cast and trying to get a handle on rage too (Samusboards have inspired me).

Anyone with a 3DS (for consistent results as the blastzones change across systems I believe) want to give me a hand?

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Can anyone figure out the lyrics at the the beginning of the wii fit plus melody? They sound so much like words but I can't make any of them out.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
OMG Steady breathing makes all of her opponents moves incredibly unsafe on hit. It also stops early combos and kill set ups. It has a 2 minute cooldown timer though. Also usually if you AirDodge cancel it in the air to stop momentum, it doesn't add to the cooldown unlike how it does to the others.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Can anyone figure out the lyrics at the the beginning of the wii fit plus melody? They sound so much like words but I can't make any of them out.
It's probably just made-up sounds and not actual words, Nintendo loves doing that. Examples being Brawl's main theme and Id (Purpose).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
999 was so good!

Very light novelish with the amount of text, but seriously so good! I recommend checking it out to anyone that likes puzzle/murder/mystery games.

Onto more healthy things, I've been thinking about trying to tackle our combos, specifically our kill combo percents for the whole cast and trying to get a handle on rage too (Samusboards have inspired me).

Anyone with a 3DS (for consistent results as the blastzones change across systems I believe) want to give me a hand?
What exactly do you need help with?

And btw, I LOOOOOOVE your avatar.
man, I wish this fight ends soon so I can use them again.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
OMG Steady breathing makes all of her opponents moves incredibly unsafe on hit. It also stops early combos and kill set ups. It has a 2 minute cooldown timer though. Also usually if you AirDodge cancel it in the air to stop momentum, it doesn't add to the cooldown unlike how it does to the others.
It's pretty great. I wish it gave super armor too but maybe that's a little too greedy. From day 1 I've thought this would make a great custom in the Mii Brawler MU since you can pop one around his magic percents and make dthrow>upB unviable. It's also my preferred custom in the Villager MU. Possibly also really good against Falcon too. It deserves a lot more looking in to.

What exactly do you need help with?

And btw, I LOOOOOOVE your avatar.
man, I wish this fight ends soon so I can use them again.
I'm trying to develop something similar to what the Samusboards have HERE. Pretty much they have their combos and what percents they work at, but they also have a practical system for taking rage's knockback growth and stale moves knockback reduction into account.

Because WFTs combos are so linear, we don't need to worry too much about any combos that aren't going to kill so we can skip things like reverse ftilt>uair and nair>nair>nair since it'll be fairly obvious on hit what works and give you ample time to follow up.

However our kill combos are much needed and you don't want to be waiting to the usual 77% to kill Mario if you can kill him at 50%. The knockback changes can also mess them up quite a bit making you miss sweetspots so I'd like to get this down.

And thanks~ C A K E G U R L Z are best girls.
I hope it ends soon too. I've been rooting for you since day 1. If you need a hand with something that isn't so silent, let me know!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hmmm the kill combos ik are

SH FF nair ----> usmash

jab combo ----> usmash

SH FF nair ----> bair

back hit fair ----> ftilt

nair ----> uair

⑨ball

Smash Ace
By percent I've got:

[grounded] nair>usmash 61%
[grounded release]>usmash 77%
s.Nair>usmash 77%
[grounded] nair>nair>uair 78%
[grounded release] fsmash 82%
[grounded] nair>bair 86%
s.nair>nair>uair 93%
[grounded release]>bair 95%
[grounded release]>(sour)usmash 96%
nair>uair 108%
[grounded] nair>uair 102%
s.nair>bair 112%
[grounded release]>s.Nair>uair 113%
s.nair>s.nair>bair 115%
s.nair>s.nair>uair 121%
[grounded]>r-ftilt>uair 122%

[grounded release]> uair 130%
s.nair>bair 133% [kills from other side of stage]
s.nair> uair 144%

And the frame cancels which don't really care about rage other than the ground bounce.

[frame cancel] fair>
fsmash 73%
bair
dsmash 103% (was not consistent at all but occasionally killed)

Tested on Diddy, omega battlefield, default position. It's important to note that some of the setups are specific to fast fallers so if you can uthrow>uair them, there's a good chance the entire list works on them.

There are probably more but honestly past 144% is unnecessary as ftilt and SS will do the job.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
It's probably just made-up sounds and not actual words, Nintendo loves doing that. Examples being Brawl's main theme and Id (Purpose).
Isn't brawl's main theme in Latin? I think it shows you the translation after you beat Tabuu.

Also I was messing around with huge header and I found that it can combo into usmash at any %, killing jigglypuff at 42 and Bowser at 77 with DB (but I'm on 3ds so it should be a little higher on the wiiU).
All you need to do is short hop -> huge header -> running usmash.

It's not ideal because you have to run past your opponent, but they won't be able to punish you too hard because the ball has your back.

This is without rage so if you find yourself at 200% jigglypuff should die late 20's and bowser late 40's ( just estimates).

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
So this makes two pro players that have called me annoying lol. Got surprised on For Glory and went up against Shofu's Mewtwo yesterday and happened to win a match. The entire time I was trying to avoid his jab reset combo, but it ended up turning into a yellow, green and purple warzone thanks to our projectile lobbing.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
While i'm here, what do you guys think of overpumped soccer ball?
Is that the big one or the one the goes straight down?

The Australian names are different than the U.S. ones.

If it's the big one, its great for combos, edgeguards, ledge covering, and stopping approaches and has lots of potential.

If its the one that goes down in the angle, its great for combos, edgeguarding, racking percent, killing, stopping approaches, and covering landings. Its one of the best customs in the game imo.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Here's what I think:

Pros: landing ball is much more rewarding than both of the other headers, as it can combo into a jab reset, an up smash, or a meteor. Combined with a grab, it can deal almost 30%. It also is a better anti-ledge guarding tool than default header because the ball will bounce straight up when shielded, forcing the opponent to evade it on the way down. Canceling it is a lot more useful than the other variants but still is almost always a bad option.

Cons: the ball travels rather slowly, making it hard to land and less damaging than the default. You also lose the ability to snipe people and ledge drop -> header travels awkwardly and doesnt go as far as default.

Honestly I think it comes down to what suits your playstyle more. Weighted seems to hit more but is less rewarding, huge seems to hit less but is more rewarding. Default has some uses but it really gets overshadowed by both customs in most cases.

If I had to decide for you, I would choose huge header but only because I wanna see the jab reset combo I found in a real match.:p

⑨ball

Smash Ace
It's pretty good. Gives her a reactive approach compared to Weighted's proactive since they have to deal with it in ways WFT can punish (or capitalize if it lands) off easy enough essentially letting her camp behind it. Can be hit back at her, but requires decent spacing and will beat a lot of "obvious" options like sex kicks. The only header that can make any real use of Solar Wind. Also the only header than can aim high off stage making it really good against character that like to recover high like Custom Palutena and Peach, or for sniping players that DI towards the upper corners. It's long life make header cancel tricks a breeze, which is really helpful for covering the getup and roll options from the ledge. At the same time it's initial slowness means you won't really be using this for quick fire shots or as a projectile so much as you do to control space, and it's long life means that you'll either be playing around it or going for comparably long stints of time without a header to extend the hitbox on your spike or in general on the approach/extending your advantage.

Pretty solid and I think it should be always be considered going into matches against characters that like to stay in the air that lack super safe aerials. (Peach, Olimar, Falcon, Shulk, ect.) It's also a reasonable alternative to weighted in a couple MUs like Fox, Rosalina, Ness, and Villager.

Xyless

Smash Master
So Acestar went to Dismantle, so I finally had another good Wii Fit to chat a little with. I think he's better than me on the technical side (was on point with his RTAC stuff), wasn't able to watch him play too much though.

I've given up on being "the Wii Fi guy" in Chicago, in the sense that I'll still use her, but only if it's a MU that I think she can take on. Fox is my worst, because my second main ROB gets wrecked by him as well, so I'll be using Falcon instead.

Top Bottom