• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
@John12346 did really well at KTAR!! Fighting both Nakat AND Dabuz, plus taking on Nairo himself!!!! Great job (and make sure to stop running into smashes lol)!

Proof, here's him spiking Dabuz lol:
https://youtu.be/YLD0zfVAIX0

Edit: Dabuz dislikes WFT in general and Nairo was mad from losing to a bowser earlier so this was hilarious.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Tips how to fight bowser? Seems a little hard considering his range of attack.
Bowser has decent range, but slow and generally transparent aerial options means the only three moves you really have to worry about in neutral are his jab, ftilt, and pivot/dash grab(do not sleep on pivot grab's range).

So you can either zone him out with ss and header, forcing him to commit in every interaction, or stay just inside of ftilt's range and out footsies him.

Other than that, don't let him land for free. Learn your nair combos to erase the kill % differential and the mu gets a lot more manageable.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Small extra tip: don't approach carelessly to fish for Nair combos, his Usmash will eat you alive.
:196:

Sylverstone14

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sylverstone14
3DS FC
1160-9715-1818
Hey yo, another Wii Fit Trainer main.

Forums are a bit hard for me to manage now, but I'd like to add myself to the cabal of WFT mains out there working hard to make the character a force to be reckoned with.

Name: Sylverstone Khandr
Talents: Digital art, creative writing, game development, video editing
Likes: Smash (obvs), Nintendo (obvs), PC gaming, sleeping, anime, Twitter, WFT's volleyball spike, Mario's dunk
Dislikes: The MTA, being woken up for a dumb reason, people being jerks, extreme fanboys, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Ness players (on principle), Ness' back-air, Lucas' spike, really good Captain Falcon combos I get caught in
Goals: To live off my art, to release a successful video game, to be fit, and to win a big Smash tournament
Other facts: I've met Reggie Fils-Aime three different times for three different Nintendo events in NYC, I can do a weird thing with my bottom eyelashes

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to @John12346 for his fantastic 13th place showing at Collision XIV, a stacked tournament with the likes of Tweek, Salem, 6WX, Nairo, and even ZerO!

Something to note is that he was eliminated by 6WX, so it might do us some good to study the set and see what 6WX did that other Sonics don't so we can learn to counter it.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Out of curiosity, what are people's opinions on the new tier list? I'm surprised not to have seen any response to it on the Wii fit boards yet, since she dropped so far.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Well it's not anything we haven't heard before, and in general this board cares way more about technique development and matchups than actual tier placings. It basically feels like a big fitness lab here. I obviously don't speak for everyone, though.

OT: For some reason, I haven't seen many people period that take the Smashboards tier list seriously. The whole issue with WFT is that they need more people playing them to really place them anywhere. Most of us don't travel, and we have no sponsored mains that I know of (crews don't count), so we can't afford to go to every Super-major or national.

TLDR: Low amount of data, low tier.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Idk I wouldnt put too much stock in the tier list, it's just a landmark for the current meta imo. I imagine that Wii Fit is a very difficult character to rank because only a handful of players use her, but she has notable mains who place very well.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If this hasn't been shared here yet it needs to be because it's simply fabulous

The original had been out for a while but Mr. Danish decided to make an extended version after getting more clips.

@1:53 ...*head explodes*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The tier list are just opinions masked with facts. At the end of the day, you just gotta play to prove them wrong

If this hasn't been shared here yet it needs to be because it's simply fabulous

The original had been out for a while but Mr. Danish decided to make an extended version after getting more clips.

@1:53 ...*head explodes*
That was great. Love the clips and editing but the music sucks lol

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys kill with? Generally, i use upair, ftilt and the sun at 110-130 and up throw if things get out of hand. SH bair gives me very early kills but the soutsoot connects more often than not. Offstage weirdness also sometimes takes my opponent's stock too(or mine, or both).

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789

here's some fanart of everyone's favorite yoga instructor :) Wii Fit would make a great RPG

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I went to Midwest Mayhem 9 this weekend in IL. I got to go against Ned, Captain Zack and Tyroy, so it was a great experience!

Congrats to @John12346 for a 3rd place finish at ALPHA in New York! With @Wii Twerk Trainer signed up for EVO as well, this is a great season for WFT exposure and results. Let's keep it up!

Impax

Smash Apprentice
Looking for some assistance in the cloud matchup.

I have absolutely no idea how to play this matchup. Normally I try to bait him and/or hang on the edge of the stage and throw projectiles to try to discourage him from charging up his limit break. But this has never really worked for me as most cloud players usually just power shield my projectiles and ignore my baits. So when they do approach I'm always feeling at a disadvantage.
But If I try to switch it up and go on the offense or a least approach (knowing full well WFT isn't great at approaching), I just get whammed. Cloud players just swing their swords and seem to cover all angles.

This is really the only matchup against a top tier I ever feel hopeless against.
Rosalina matches are a trial in patience and a good mario seems to wall out WFT pretty good. But I still feel those are winnable. Any half decent cloud destroys me. :/

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Looking for some assistance in the cloud matchup.
Here's a few tips and tricks to help you out:

* Throwing SS from full stage away isn't going to do much to anyone. If you have to throw them from a distance, use light SS and run behind it. It travels really far (more than half of FD) and while it won't get you any follow ups or direct shield pressure. It will force a response and can get WFT into burst range which is a strong position for her. A better projectile to approach behind is header. There's a guide on it in the index with tons of different options. If a Cloud is going to give you a free setup, take it.

*Cloud can cancel from limit charge directly into his other options, so if you're unsure what he'll do when you close in, jumping in with your own charge can be pretty effective to glimpse their reaction and beat ground cancel options. In general approaching from the air guarantees at least 10 frames of start up against him if he wants to challenge you with an aerial.

*You can whiff punish aerials intended for shield pressure like bair, uair, and nair by crouching. Late bairs and nairs can hit you if they expect you to crouch, but open Cloud up for perfect shield punishes if they're read or reacted to. You can also whiff punish grabs by crouching them.

*Always know what you can and will do after blocking an aerial. If you haven't already, take Cloud into training, hit WFT's shield from different spacings with his aerials and see what you can punish and with what. It is 100% ok to reset to neutral if you can't punish him.

*Always know what Cloud can do after blocking one of your aerials or projectiles. Same process here. You don't want to be getting limit climhazarded or cross slashed OoS if you don't have to or missing big punishes you didn't know were there.

* Cloud's juggle game is highly dependent on his great run speed. Once he's in the air, he's slower, his momentum shifting is basically nonexistent, and his faf frames are so so. Use that knowledge to land easier without giving him an opportunity to use his great autocancels for frametraps.

* WFT is thin enough to roll though LCS after the third hit and punish Cloud with a couple of her options.You can also spotdodge Fsmash and Limit Cross Slash if you think your shield is getting too low. Just remember with fsmash you can spotdodge as soon as you get hit, but with LCS you have to wait until the third hit to spotdodge or you'll get hit as you come out of your invincibility.

* All of WFT's edgeguarding tech works on Cloud and have some application against one of his common options so get familiar with them if you aren't, and practice them in the MU if you are. Also keep in mind his specific recovery weaknesses, things like he can not autosnap the ledge if you force him low, and he can not tech if you hit him during the appex of Climbhazard.

*Last but not least, keep your game plan based around Cloud's weaknesses. Constantly be pushing Cloud towards the edge and offstage so you can capitalize where he's weakest.

Hope this helps~

Also hi everyone that's still here.

Top Bottom