• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
So, I'm new to posting on Smashboards. If this thread is meant to be social, is there a general thread for discussing data? I just feel silly making a new thread for a minor discovery.

I've seen a few people speculate that Deep Breathing might reduce the knockback WFT receives. I've run a bunch of tests and it seems that, though the effect is quite minor, it's definitely there.

One test involved a WFT at 300% shooting a fully charged SS at another WFT with 298%. 10 times the defender had the DB bonus and 10 times the defender did not.

Launch speed with DB was 276. Launch speed without DB was 278.

Niala

Smash Ace
Hey.

-Name: Nial (Niala)
-Talents: Singing/Stage performance.
-Likes: Optics, arithmetic, creative Writing, vidja Games, sleeping a lot, and awful, awful puns.
-Dislikes: Waking up early, tomatoes, and history.
-Goals: Getting my Optometry degree a few years down the road.
-Other facts: When I was younger I was in the top 10 FFR players in the country. Yes it's lame, but I embraced my lameness years ago. :chuckle:

:4wiifit: is neato.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So has anyone heard anything about nerfs/buffs in the WiiU/1.04 version?

All I've heard is supplied airdodge nerf which just pisses me off. Like seriously, if that's all they did that team should just stop designing videogames altogether.

Last edited:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I haven't patched yet and want to get some replays recorded before I do, so I'll test WFT before/after when I do get around to patching.

Iguana

Smash Cadet

All I've heard is supplied airdodge nerf which just pisses me off. Like seriously, if that's all they did that team should just stop designing videogames altogether.
I posted what I found regarding damage and specials (and what I think got changed, not really good at testing these things and don't have an older version to compare at hand) on another topic:

http://smashboards.com/threads/update-1-0-4-released.377281/page-13#post-18002032

If something is wrong please let me know.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
yes wft has now 22 Frames AD landing lag like the most characters (12 Frames in 1.0.3)

BUT there somethin much worse.

The leg attack of fair doesn't go trough shields anymore.

i have the feeling that pummel is slightly faster.

and about that post with her smashes.
They already got nerfed in 1.0.2

Last edited:

Azew

Smash Lord

So nothing major?

Last edited:

Iguana

Smash Cadet
yes wft has now 22 Frames AD landing lag like the most characters (12 Frames in 1.0.3)
and about that post with her smashes.
They already got nerfed in 1.0.2

Thank you for correcting me on this. I guess I compared it with old stats.

Can anyone confirm if Deep Breathing is indeed faster? Like I posted in the other topic, I feel it's definitely faster, but I don't have a 1.0.3 version to compare.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Heyllo, looking for help with Wii Fit. I'm meh, and it was between Shulk and her.
Name: Wolfie
Talents: Nothing major
Dislikes: Pretentious people, stuck up people, Flygon, writing about dislikes XD
Goals: Learning Wii Fit, To be really good at Smash
Other facts: über friendly, Pie is good, Water is water, Looking for help with Wii Fit

Last edited:

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
ah yea forgot this here

Name: AscWolf
Talents: nothing worth mentioning
Dislikes: dumb people
Goals: to get fit, winning tournaments with wft
Other facts: I can't stop laughing because of female wft's german voice, played every smash title competitive except 64, i'm gay, I really miss Wolf in Smash ;__;

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
If everyone else is doing this I guess :/
Name: Shippo
Talents: I'm really good at Payday2???
Dislikes: Cilantro, Eggs
Goals: Move up in the world of commentating
Other facts: I've been in competitive smash since 08

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Name: Wii Fit Bae
Talents: Sleeping
Dislikes: Everyone from Sonic
Goals: Get into College
Other facts: I've been a competitive smasher since I was 11

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
welp i have to wait 5 days more for the wii u version.
so i heard something about c stick is trumping over controll stick?
sounds weird but could be nice for spiking opponents with fair if they regrab the edge.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I wish there was an option to toggle to the North American voices. I don't mind the British accents but I hate the fact that I hear something different to my friends. I have a lot of problems with the way Nintendo of Europe localizes things separately to NoA - Mario Kart track names, game titles, Duck Hunt 'Duo' - it makes playing with international friends a real labyrinth of terms.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
I had no idea that you had to keep tapping B while using Her Up-B to go further...
Haha, your WFT game is about to get a lot better. I was so disappointed when I first played WFT until I accidentally figured out the button mashing. She goes from one of the worst recoveries to one of the best recoveries.

FWIW, Bowser's up-special also benefits from button mashing.

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
I hate how people r saying that she's low tier. She's not, there needs to be more wii fits going to tournaments because she's definitely at least mid

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Name: Kamikaze Caddy / Ploo
Talents: Acting, Procrastinating
Likes: Smash Bros, Magic: The Gathering (especially drafting), Bomberman, board games, and improv
Dislikes: Wet socks
Goals: Act for money
Other facts: Keep it trippy

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Are there any excellent videos in particular to watch? I'd really like to analyze some matches :3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
nnnnn, sorry I don't hange out here enough, there are too many bowards to look up on, I forget to luuurk.

On the bright side, I was surprised at how decently I was playing WFT on Fo' Glory 1v1 considering I have puny VS real player experience as WFT.

She's such a campy character.
Most of the time her attacks don't have the function to combat other people, so I end up sitting back and using a LOT of SS and header.

I still love her! <33333 IDK why JUST SPAM NAIR.

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Omg guys in not even kidding I played wizzzrobe on his stream and I'll upload it later. Omg It was so fun

madworlder

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if anyone knew, but WFT can go under Battlefield pretty easily like Villager.

Other stages she can go under are Smashville, Town & City, Lylat Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Delfino Plaza's platform, Halberd's platform, Pilotwings' red plane, Skyloft's platform, and Omega Norfair. She might be able to go under FD and a few other Omega stages like Port Town Aero Drive and 75m, but I wasn't able to do it.

Last edited:

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Me :4wiifit: vs Wizzzrobe :4sheik:
http://youtu.be/NNcPFsaSC4w

This was on his stream last night add input please
When he fishes for Up+B kills like on the ground like that and misses, if you don't think you can punish him on the reappear, try using that free time to get in a Deep Breathing. The upside is enormous. You did a lot of other things right though.
Me :4wiifit: vs Wizzzrobe :4diddy:
http://youtu.be/Qql1ERMjghk

The luck I got was crazy
Aww I thought you got a meteor smash offstage with the side-b on his second stock, but it looks like he just messed up. You did a good job on the first stock of avoiding his grab game, but as the match went on you sort of crumpled. I'm looking at that getup from the stage where he grabs you in particular. And good job air-dodging out of most of the down-throws.; those definitely aren't easy. At the moments where you guys keep rolling around each other, dash-reverse forward tilt is a nice quick option that's difficult to punish in roll-offs.

All in all, I think you've got a good grasp of how to play Wii Fit Trainer. You're actually relatively consistent at hitting with those soccer balls also, so keep it up! I'm also super jealous that you get to train with Wizzy :3

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
On some serious note that matchup doesn't mean much if he's not using nannerz and Side B.Wizz was messing around going so deep off stage anyway friendlies is a huge difference compare to tourney match it seemed way more laid back.

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Yea I should have walked in and went for the F-tilt also Jab combo auto grounds diddy but hey this game is still young we are all still learning.

Top Bottom