• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Somewhat related question, w-where do I add people via NNID? x'P I haven't added someone via name yet. I'm probably just seriously missing something...

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Um, I seem to be having some problems getting to adding NNIDs.

I went to the friend list (orange square smiley) and clicked register friend, but I can't seem to add NNID names. I'm confused... x . x AFAIK I'm not missing some update that allowed adding NNIDs...

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Um, I seem to be having some problems getting to adding NNIDs.

I went to the friend list (orange square smiley) and clicked register friend, but I can't seem to add NNID names. I'm confused... x . x AFAIK I'm not missing some update that allowed adding NNIDs...
Try adding saladbowl41

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Try adding saladbowl41
What I mean is, I don't see any letter keyboard after doing "register friend > Internet" on the friend list area.

WaiT, I just realized, are you using a WIIU? If so, I cannot play as I was trying to find this via 3DS. THAT may be the issue as to why I can't find it.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
What I mean is, I don't see any letter keyboard after doing "register friend > Internet" on the friend list area.

WaiT, I just realized, are you using a WIIU? If so, I cannot play as I was trying to find this via 3DS. THAT may be the issue as to why I can't find it.
Yeah im using wii u

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
Sent you a friend request, @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl . Having a three-year-old makes my gaming time pretty limited, but I'd still love to play some of you guys.

Fadacious

Smash Rookie
So I won a local tournament a couple of weeks ago with WFT. Unfortunately the guy who screen captured the matches didn't bring a big enough SD card lmao. Either way, it was pretty fun. The final was my WFT vs Diddy and then Samus, and I won both those matches.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Look up the users (particularly in this thread) who said they are on Springfield, ask them if they gather or would like to meetup. That's how communities are made.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Starting to feel the game is kinda stalling.

Maybe it's just me, my near-dead local community and the fact I can't find many good channels to watch the game (I have a few, but you start to get used to most characters displayed on those)

Niala

Smash Ace
Who do you think is a good 2nd for :4wiifitm:?
Already losing hope for certain Matchups.
I use Rosaluma, personally. I find they deal with the rushdown characters that my WFT has trouble with quite well. But it's really a matter of preference-- I don't struggle much with the short character match-ups that WFT has objectively poor match-ups with, but I do with characters who apply a lot of pressure. Who exactly is it you're having trouble with?

Last edited:

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
I use Rosaluma, personally. I find they deal with the rushdown characters that my WFT has trouble with quite well. But it's really a matter of preference-- I don't struggle much with the short character match-ups that WFT has objectively poor match-ups with, but I do with characters who apply a lot of pressure. Who exactly is it you're having trouble with?
mostly Diddy Kong, Lucario and Rosalina

Niala

Smash Ace
mostly Diddy Kong, Lucario and Rosalina
If that's the case, I'd say you're struggling against characters who have a lot of safe pressuring tools. Maybe something like :4zss: would be a good secondary for you, since she has a lot of range and can stay out of harms way in order to get hits in. You could also try :4bowserjr:, he has a lot of fast options and the mecha koopa (downB) can really halt momentum and forces your opponent to move around in a way that benefits you. All three of those characters are really light, too, so you could try a heavyweight hitter to score some early kills (:4bowser:/:4ganondorf:/:4myfriends:)

All in all it really comes down to trying out a new character and seeing how they deal with the problems you're having, but I'd suggest trying those few out and seeing if they work.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Mr. Game and Watch does those, too.
Brawler is good too because of its ground mobility, and isn't as light as Fox and GnW

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Questions regarding down b:

Does it influence knockback as well or is it just damage x 1.2? also, for how long does it last, is it strictly time based?

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
Questions regarding down b:

Does it influence knockback as well or is it just damage x 1.2? also, for how long does it last, is it strictly time based?
it affects knockback since you can get some early kills with it, especialy wih bair, ftilt and fsmash.

it is strictly time based.

Niala

Smash Ace
it affects knockback since you can get some early kills with it, especialy wih bair, ftilt and fsmash.

it is strictly time based.
In addition to adding to her knockback and damage, it actually makes her slightly heavier as well (i.e. she is not knocked as far either.) For reference, once Deep Breathing is activated it lasts for 8 seconds.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Name: Thomas
Talents: Talking, Sleeping, Art, Cooking
Dislikes: Gaming trolls
Goals: Win Apex one year
Other facts: Oh I love facts. I live in a house. I like food, especially chicken and biscuits. I go to starbucks a lot. I like taking photos. I have really high self confidence. I love spicy food. I tend to do well in school. I play soccer. I'm super competitive. I'm really stubborn. I'm the optomistist in the Zelda boards. I like pillows a lot.

@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ Take out @Wii Fit Bae and @ Salad Bowl Salad Bowl since they were my old accounts. If you don't believe me just do the IP address mod check thing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Done and done.
You should try to avoid making so many accounts...

⑨ball

Smash Ace
In addition to adding to her knockback and damage, it actually makes her slightly heavier as well (i.e. she is not knocked as far either.) For reference, once Deep Breathing is activated it lasts for 8 seconds.
She also takes less damage. (:
Who do you think is a good 2nd for :4wiifitm:?
Already losing hope for certain Matchups.
Samus feels like the other half of WFT and most things you do with either transfer over quite well.
High technical skill for WFT movement will also do just as good for Peach.

What MU's are you having trouble with?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
She also takes less damage. (:

Samus feels like the other half of WFT and most things you do with either transfer over quite well.
High technical skill for WFT movement will also do just as good for Peach.

What MU's are you having trouble with?
Do you know which wii fits are going to apex?

Also wobbles doesn't play smash Wii u anymore. He stuck to melee. What a shame. He didn't even sign up for smash wii u in apex just melee

Deep Breathing makes you take x0.9 damage (10% less damage). I don't think it increases weight though. You take less knockback because the amount of knockback received is also dependent on the damage of the connecting attack, but my testing hasn't shown an increase in weight.

If it does increase weight, then it increases it by a minuscule amount, like maybe less than half a point of weight.

Steady Breathing, on the other hand..

Edit: Either consecutive uses of Deep Breathing decrease the amount it heals, or it actually heals 1.3%

Hmmm

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Do you know which wii fits are going to apex?

Also wobbles doesn't play smash Wii u anymore. He stuck to melee. What a shame. He didn't even sign up for smash wii u in apex just melee
Nope. I'm pretty disconnected beyond the forums. Too much real life, not enough games. u_u
Shame indeed. Hope he does well in Melee though. Wobbles is super fun to watch.

Top Bottom