• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So I've finally started to play as Wii Fit Trainer lately, as my 5th/6th character tied with :4duckhunt:.

Gotta say I love her playstyle. She's got some pretty awesome moves, I like how a lot of her attacks are 2-directional.
My win rate as her in FG is pretty good, I'd say I win around 6/10 matches, which considering I'm new to her, I don't find it that bad.

I was already interested in her because of her "surprise" trailer, but there are little things which made me fall in love with her, lol.
Particularly when she starts giving advise during the match, I really enjoy that. XD

Anyway, so far, the toughest character for me to handle as :4wiifit: is............... :4bowser:.
Might have to do something with the fact that her range is not as good as Bowser's, but I know I'll manage in the near future, when I get used to the MU. :)

⑨ball

Smash Ace
WOW how did I not know the DB penalty also affected the amount of damage healed
Haha, well we are doing all of our testing manually. Things like that would be pretty hard to out right find unless you were already looking to test things of that nature.

Also who's the character in your avatar this week? I assume the title is from her(?) as well?

Haha, well we are doing all of our testing manually. Things like that would be pretty hard to out right find unless you were already looking to test things of that nature.

Also who's the character in your avatar this week? I assume the title is from her(?) as well?
This week, ha ha. Aha. Ahahaha...

Anyway its Gumi Megpoid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcw6GmQCe4

Also no but I'd think I would have noticed that when I was looking in DB penalty stuff.

Speaking of which it seems that 0-penalty and 1-penalty DB heal 2%, and any penalties after that heal 1%. Now I've gotta look into whether or not penalties also affect the damage given and damage received multipliers

Azew

Smash Lord
Anybody know of any players that go by PANDA or Pat and plays Wiifit? Played some fun dittos with him on wifi.
I don't know of him, but I think there's a thread dedicated to finding for glory players in the Smash 4 general discussion, so try checking that if you haven't already!

Last edited:
How do I deal with the fact that my FSmash missed on a ****ing Bowser right in my face holy ****

⑨ball

Smash Ace
@ ⑨ball ⑨ball TKs getting quite good. I think he might become one of the best wii fits. He's definitely making progress.
TKBreezy:4wiifit: vs Blur:4falcon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7QjL3_DR9M

TKBreezy:4wiifit: vs Heaven Star:4dk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UQS__rCCY
Indeed. Hell, considering how little representation WFT has I'd say he's already one of the best.

How do I deal with the fact that my FSmash missed on a ****ing Bowser right in my face holy ****
lmao how?
Do you have video?

--------
Also I had no idea where to put this since I don't want to clutter the social thread with data talk but we really need a way to examine hitboxes. I literally screamed out 'what' when I beat Ness' PKT2 with Utilt. It bopped Sonic out of spindash too whenever it didn't clash.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
@ ⑨ball ⑨ball TKs getting quite good. I think he might become one of the best wii fits. He's definitely making progress.
TKBreezy:4wiifit: vs Blur:4falcon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7QjL3_DR9M

TKBreezy:4wiifit: vs Heaven Star:4dk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0UQS__rCCY

That :4dk: match should be recorded for training compilations. TKBreezy even did the Nair to Up air true combo correctly. I think this might be the only video out right now that has it in an actual match and not just a demonstration.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Super dumb question, but because WFT has invincibility on USmash, not just super Armor, is it possible to punish super duper obvious grab attempts with it (the hardest of reads)? Or do throws go through invincibility/the invincibility is only at the top?

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Super dumb question, but because WFT has invincibility on USmash, not just super Armor, is it possible to punish super duper obvious grab attempts with it (the hardest of reads)? Or do throws go through invincibility/the invincibility is only at the top?
In my experience, it's not very effective since most grabs can start well before they actually physically touch you, plus you leave yourself open after the smash move.

I usually use a single jab/jab combo/salutation to scare them off, or down smash/neutral air for damage or combo starter.

Niala

Smash Ace
**** this was so goddamn funny. When the Ness voiceover clip "Okay!" came in I actually cried in laughter.

Even if it was possible (which I don't actually know for sure whether or not it is,) It wouldn't likely matter against most characters. Dashgrabs tend to have characters ducking, and the hitbox on her USmash is very much so above her hands. You likely wouldn't hit most characters except the tall heavies anyway.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Jelloapocalypse is great. When I do the tutorial vids I'll probably use some plasterbrain music as a tribute.

Usmash against grabs definitely works but like everyone else has said, I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got the read.

Indigo Jeans has evolved into @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans !

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Updated the WFT Index. Tried to reorganize it a bit so it's clear what links apply specifically to WFT and our community (marked by a :4wiifit: or :4wiifitm:) and which are general. Be sure to let me know if there's something you guys think I should add or if there's a better way I can arrange things to make info easier to find and such.

Also updated the Header guide with video demonstrations from the fantastic @DRU192 and @ Fancykong Fancykong , as well as a link to the ever awesome @Gatoray 's thread on the Short Hop Header AT for an alternate how to as well as a more focused space for discussion.

I also want to point out that the latest usable AT added in the Index, the Run Turnaround Cancel, is INCREDIBLY good for Wii Fit Trainer. I highly recommend everyone look into it. I'll be doing vids on all my discoveries when I can, as we get access to some ridiculously good things with this like retreating SS charge and sliding utilt.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Hi,

please count me in this discussion or community, because I'm here to get fit!

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
Just wanted to drop in and say hi folks. Some weeks/months ago Wii Fit Trainer became my secondary, and as time moves on she might possibly become my main (currently Greninga). I think Wii Fit is fantastic, and I find it very amusing playing with her in FG, she's really much better than most people expect I think. Feel free to message me if you're interested in any matches, I'd love to see how other Wii Fits play.

Snakeowtangohoem

Smash Rookie
because this board needs an order and someone had to put it on track.

Hello Wii Fit Trainer Board Visitors!

If you are here you either (select one):
A) Are a calorie-burn enthusiast.
B) Like to watch very capable women exercising.
C) Have plans to play as WFT on the next Smash issue(s).
D) Got here by mistake and will repent the rest of your life.

Whichever the case, we, the WFT community welcome you to the General Discussion Thread!​

The Thread Rules [WIP]
Every single Global Rule still applies here.
2. Deposit in this thread your random ideas, one-liner thoughts, what happened to you during the day, what is really grinding your gears, etc.
3. Because of that, there is no topic, so you do not need to be on-topic the whole time (ignoring others is rude though).
4. If you can avoid it, DO NOT MAKE A NEW THREAD. If the thought is short or you think it will not have much discussion, post it here.
4.1. Moderators may close threads and move discussions here.
5. If you do something that pleases the gods mods, You'll earn a golden star!. :D
6. Try to get along, we can remove the stars, too. >:C

THE WFT COMMUNITY

[-Name: kyokoro_pamuyo - Mod
-Talents: Baking pastries, Drawing I guess, Getting hit by Lucas' F-smash.
-Dislikes: Internet arguments.
-Goals: To one day be good at Smash.
-Other facts: Is bad at making personal profiles.

Name: Himemiya
Talents: Playing smash, texture hacking, and gecko os photoshopping
Dislikes: Mods (but where I the fun be if there isn't a risk of being banned?)
Goals: to be m2k level in smash
Other facts: Wiiu sucks

Name: Really, really, really Shy Guy (true name will be revealed soon)
Location: MORKODONNEL's subconscious (Located in Sorocaba city, São Paulo , Brazil )
Talents: Sleep
Likes: Eat., sleep, laziness, play video games. I love to analyze things and over analyze too. (I'm virgin sign)
Dislikes: Peopla that think they're the bests at everything
Goals: Be a doctor
Other facts: I think in things that other people don't think I can think.

Name: Vegito2727 - Co-creator Actually gave the idea behind this community thingy.
Talents: Waking up everyday and looking at the snapshot, DBZ RB2, and many others.
Likes: Dragon Ball Z, Smash Bros., and Smashboards and a lot of other things.
Dislikes: Not a lot of things
Goals: Being the best (around) in SSB4 & SSBB.
Other facts: Doesn't know why people hate DBZ RB2 & SSBB, uses a phone for Smashboards.

Name: Clebus
Talents: failing at sdi on jab natural combos, sleeping, eating, getting jv 5 stocked in ssbm tourneys
Likes: smash, not failing at sdi on jab natural combos, sleeping, eating, not getting jv 5 stocked in ssbm tourneys
Dislikes: failing at sdi on jab natural combos, not sleeping, fasting, getting jv 5'd in ssbm tourneys
Goals: not get jv 5'd in ssbm tourney, or jv 4'd in ssbb tourney.
Other facts: I've not actually been jv 5 stocked, thankfully. But I think if i wanted to I could relatively easily, so I didn't really lie.

Name: IsmaR
Talents: Flexibility, misanthropy/cynicism, innuendo.
Dislikes: Testosterone.
Goals: Complete Pharm Tech. program, survival, forget love, play Smash.
Other facts: Usually have the same hairstyle as WFT; I also don't want to date you.

Name: twillightgamer
Talents: Rubiks cubes, Origami
Dislikes: what i don't like
Goals: To be the best at SSB4 with the wii fit trainer
Other facts: I don't really know what to put here

Name: Ed
Talents: Football, shisha tricks and nintendo videogames
Likes: football, alcohol, shisha, nintendo videogames, dbz, rurouni kenshin, saint seiya, etc
Dislikes: when people call football soccer (please dont call handegg football... call it american rugby instead of american football, its a wussy version of rugby that isnt played with neither a ball or the feet)
Goals: graduate from economics and be the star signing of real madrid this summer.... k second one wont happen
Other facts: bilingual almost trilingual, dont like playstation or xbox games (most of them lack depth and replay value), and eventhough i love football i hate fifa games (unbalanced arbitrary pieces of sheet)

Name: TRG
Talents: Skiing, acting, various video games... But for the most part I'm more of a "jack of all trades master of none" type of guy.
Likes: Video games (duh), hanging out with friends, forum dwelling, NBA basketball, SURVIVOR series, and reading fanfiction.
Dislikes: Ignorance, pessimists, politics, and anchovies.
Goals: Live life happy (so far so good for the most part).
Other facts: I'm 6'2", had a lead role in my high school's musical "Hairspray," and am currently working as a pizza delivery driver.

Name: Evan (SmashRiver64)
Talents: Jumps high, can make pixel-art. (Also very talkative)
Likes: Meat (especially Steak), drawing, Video Games, sleeping and GOTTA GO FAST-ING.
Dislikes: Being told what to do, waiting around, and anything involving the hospital.
Goals: Gain some Weight (I'm 14 and I'm only 85 Pounds. So don't even think about it.), get Taller (Also 4"11'.), become a really likable dude.
Other facts: I guess you could call me a pacifist, but don't expect anything less then backtalk if you yell at me in real life. r_r I'm calm on the internet though, so don't worry about it.
I'm also very hyper at most times.

Name: Zero Suit Wario [Sam]
Talents: Drawing stuff.
Dislikes: Not eating pizza, waiting for Smash Bros.
Goals: Eat more pizza, play more Smash. Bros.
Other facts: I love almost everything Nintendo!

Name: Tofer
Talents: I can fit my whole fist in my mouth.
Likes: Men, drag queens, working out, making money, men, biceps, and beards. Long walks on the beach, big ****s, and fried chicken.
Dislikes: Everything else.
Goals:
Get a better job and my own place <3
Other facts: Been around since 09, played Peach in Brawl. I am gay. I love fried chicken, love it and love everything about it.

Name: Church
Talents: N/A
Likes: Yu-Gi-Oh, Melee, Mac n Cheese, Trap Music, League of Legends.
Dislikes: Not much, really.
Goals: Go back to College.
Other facts:

-Name: Ryan (tag: AvariceX)
-Talents: Talent is a lie, there is only skill (which I don't have). I guess I'm okay at fighting games.
-Likes: Food, travel, competition, language learning, many many video games
-Dislikes: Food (It's complicated)
-Goals: To GET FIT (okay maybe it's not that complicated), learn Japanese
-Other facts: I was possibly (and briefly) the best player in the world at a game no one played

-Name: Cyrus (but call me Teran pls kthx)
-Talents: Talking ****, working marks, piano/music, SDing in Smash.
-Likes: Things that people generally like, plus cute guys, posing in the mirror, and pro wrestling.
-Dislikes: Hypocrisy, disingenuousness, straight guys that look like ***gots, modern standard tailoring.
-Goals: Do a set of 10 dragon flags, not die.
-Other facts: My manual speed and skill are apparently my best abilities, above numerical and verbal, even though I'm a straight A's lusernerd. Thank you based videoganes.

Name: Reila
Talents: I have zero talents
Dislikes: People who are too lazy to type the name of things correctly
Goals: To have fun is my only goal in life
Other facts: I like online multiplayer much more than local multiplayer in games

Name: Azew
Talents: *Shrug*
Dislikes: DHD, Bowser Jr, and any Fox/Pikachu that spams Neutral B
Goals: Improving at Smash/Art
Other facts: ...

Name: Suavechaser
-Talents:
Music Production and Mario Party 2 evo champion.
-Dislikes: Brawl
-Goals: To play WFT the best i can.
-Other facts: I enjoy cereal alot.

Name: Saikyoshi

• Talents: Writing fiction (Currently in a slump, though)
  • Dislikes: Depression
  • Goals: To get a book published and to get through college. And get my hands on a Game & Watch somehow. What? It'll be a neat collectible.
  • Other facts: I have enough eShop games on my 3DS to have paid for at least two more consoles by now.

Name: WiiFitBurger
-Talents: Spiking and Soccer
-Dislikes:
Smash 64
-Goals: Be more in the competitive scene
-Other facts: Wii fit trainer is my main, Dr. Mario is my secondary

-Name: Nial (Niala)
-Talents: Singing/Stage performance.
-Likes: Optics, arithmetic, creative Writing, vidja Games, sleeping a lot, and awful, awful puns.
-Dislikes: Waking up early, tomatoes, and history.
-Goals: Getting my Optometry degree a few years down the road.
-Other facts: When I was younger I was in the top 10 FFR players in the country. Yes it's lame, but I embraced my lameness years ago. :chuckle:

Name: Wolfie
Talents: Nothing major
Dislikes: Pretentious people, stuck up people, Flygon, writing about dislikes XD
Goals: Learning Wii Fit, To be really good at Smash
Other facts: über friendly, Pie is good, Water is water, Looking for help with Wii Fit

Name: AscWolf
Talents: nothing worth mentioning
Dislikes: dumb people
Goals: to get fit, winning tournaments with wft
Other facts: I can't stop laughing because of female wft's german voice, played every smash title competitive except 64, i'm gay, I really miss Wolf in Smash ;__;

Name: Shippo
Talents: I'm really good at Payday2???
Dislikes: Cilantro, Eggs
Goals: Move up in the world of commentating
Other facts: I've been in competitive smash since 08

Name: Kamikaze Caddy / Ploo
Talents: Acting, Procrastinating
Likes: Smash Bros, Magic: The Gathering (especially drafting), Bomberman, board games, and improv
Dislikes: Wet socks
Goals: Act for money
Other facts: Keep it trippy[/quote]

Name: KiteSC
Talents: Playing trumpet. Passably editing video.
Dislikes: People that can't math. Doing a lot of inputs. Bugs.
Goals: Git gud. Finish grad school. Get career job.
Other facts: You'll almost never catch me playing online smash. Or any online fighting game. Mostly cuz of ****ty internet

Name: Thomas
Talents: Talking, Sleeping, Art, Cooking
Dislikes: Gaming trolls
Goals: Win Apex one year
Other facts: Oh I love facts. I live in a house. I like food, especially chicken and biscuits. I go to starbucks a lot. I like taking photos. I have really high self confidence. I love spicy food. I tend to do well in school. I play soccer. I'm super competitive. I'm really stubborn. I'm the optomistist in the Zelda boards. I like pillows a lot.

Want to be part of the community? Just post your profile by filling the next fields:
[0000FF] Snakeowtan:
Talents: Uh, I mean I guess writing and music
Dislikes: Most things
Goals: Embarrass people by beating them consistently with WFT
Other facts:[/0000FF] I don't know what to put here.

With that said, let's get the party started![/B][/quote]

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
Would any of yew wanna play?
I'd be up for a few rounds, I'm better at the 3DS though than the Wii U atm (haven't been able to get my hands on a GC controller adapter). If you add my 3DSFC and set up a room I can confirm and join, I think is how it could work, tbh lol I'm not sure since I'm not used to playing online with the Friend system, so please excuse my noobness to it. :lol:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'd be up for a few rounds, I'm better at the 3DS though than the Wii U atm (haven't been able to get my hands on a GC controller adapter). If you add my 3DSFC and set up a room I can confirm and join, I think is how it could work, tbh lol I'm not sure since I'm not used to playing online with the Friend system, so please excuse my noobness to it. :lol:
Oh I don't have a 3ds

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Want to be part of the community? Just post your profile by filling the next fields:
[0000FF] Snakeowtan:
Talents: Uh, I mean I guess writing and music
Dislikes: Most things
Goals: Embarrass people by beating them consistently with WFT
Other facts:[/0000FF] I don't know what to put here.
I guess.... that's a way to copy the format....
Welcome aboard!

I haven't had too much luck with punishing grabs with USmash mainly because of the ridic small hitbox :( throwing out a jab when you read a grab is better since jab1 has good range and this game has done away with grab arrmour. I like USmash for punishing dumb stuff like Yoshi/Bowser bomb. Sometimes if I get lucky it nails people rolling up from the ledge but DSmash is usually better in that situation imo

Anyway I finally figured out the mystery of the one-frame windbox on DTilt! It's a pretty weak windbox, and because it has an angle of 0°, it pushes opponents in the direction opposite to the one they're facing. But it's like... I don't see the point of it? Like I said, its a pretty weak windbox with small range. I only got to see it in action by giving a Bowser invincibility and DTilting near them. I guess if it was stronger/had more lateral range it would be a really good option out of rolling behind someone because the windbox would artificially increase the damaging hitbox's range by pulling the target in but well yknow... it ISN'T. Plus it only hits grounded targets

This is another thing to add to the "why" list on WFT, the first being the non-existent intangibility on jabs 1 and 2.

Sakurai what were you doing

(also smashboards didnt tell me @ ⑨ball ⑨ball tagged me, sorry ;_; )

⑨ball

Smash Ace
No need to apologize~

Thanks as always for your hard work in researching her moves. Her dtilt is definitely weird. I've been grabbed out of it and slid the entire length of the stage. Sometimes pushing me out of the grab interestingly enough.

I'm getting really interested in windboxes in general, due to having a super accessible one like from SS. If it can do things like put a wall between WFT and her opponent, it might become a really good option to counter grabs against the characters we can't crouch. Sonic comes to mind as his dash grab is iffy despite having an amazing dash.

I know it can hold characters in the air if they lack a hitbox(any late dive kick dairs look hilarious), but I'm not sure on the exacts of how it works.

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
So uh this is awkward...

The tournament got cancelled on account of the weather (East Coast.)

But I did get ranked 2nd on our PR's even without yet playing in a tournament so that's nice.

Fun fact: the charging pushboxes on Sun Salutations aren't actually windboxes! In the traditional sense of the term anyway. In general windboxes have set knockback that doesn't scale with damage, only with the target's weight (they have WKB and KBG values, but not BKB values) (in those sorts of hitboxes, the KBG value is treated as the BKB value though). However, the pushing hitbox on SS charge does in fact scale with damage! Try it out; go into training and set damage to 0%, and hit with the charge. Then, set damage to 999% and have the CPU set to jump. Begin charging at the moment they jump, and they'll fly off the stage.

In reality this doesn't make TOO much of a difference, but it's still really nifty.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
LMAO omg what is this even?

I am crying.

I killed Rosalina testing just now. I'd imagine it has similar properties to Megaman's Uair.

Hilarity aside, this is certainly pretty neat. I wonder if we can develop any traps with this.

edit: Everyone needs to try this. If not for the knowledge, do it for the lulz. This is the best thing since reverse fair stabbing counter happy players in 4 Glory.

Thank you based @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans
(':

Last edited:
Okay so looking over the hitbox data right now it finally hit me that the non-existent hitbox at the beginning of USmash is probably what remains of a scrapped setup hitbox and the thought just makes me SO MAD HOLY ****

Last edited:
Top Bottom