• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Male Wii Fit Trainer needs more Fanart.
One of his Green Team outfit would be nice, I need me a new Icon.
Plus, this thread needs more activity.
We need to work our fingers!
Type that discussion!
Feel the burn!
...Wait, What am I doing? ._.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Despite me being a guy, is it ok to have hype to main almost all the female characters especially WFT?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I shall gladly let Lovely WIi Fit Trainer be the first character I play as at Comic-Con next week~
Unless someone picks her before I do in the same match. They shall be punished.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I shall gladly let Lovely WIi Fit Trainer be the first character I play as at Comic-Con next week~
Unless someone picks her before I do in the same match. They shall be punished.
Try out some combos if you can! Also see if they've changed any properties to her Deep Breathing, whether it still just powers up Sun Salutation or all her moves. I'd like to know all her changes if possible.

No pressure!

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Try out some combos if you can! Also see if they've changed any properties to her Deep Breathing, whether it still just powers up Sun Salutation or all her moves. I'd like to know all her changes if possible.

No pressure!
I don't think they would have, since its confirmed to be the E3 build. Though I'm looking at impressions from people who played as her so I know what to do :p

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I don't think they would have, since its confirmed to be the E3 build. Though I'm looking at impressions from people who played as her so I know what to do :p
Guess I didn't get the memo. Overall she's pretty awesome since she uses her whole body as a weapon. Watch out for that Hula Hoop recovery lag though, she does this "finish" pose when she lands from it and although it's funny, it takes a long time.

SolemnDIvide

Smash Rookie
I find this character so different and unexpected that I'm oddly excited to play her/him. :4wiifit: looks so hilarious yet solid as a character that it would seem wrong to not at least try her out and believe me I will. Definitely gonna try and whip my friends into shape with this workout wonder. ^-^

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I find this character so different and unexpected that I'm oddly excited to play her/him. :4wiifit: looks so hilarious yet solid as a character that it would seem wrong to not at least try her out and believe me I will. Definitely gonna try and whip my friends into shape with this workout wonder. ^-^
That jab-combo ground-plant, tho!

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
My favorite thing about WFT is that almost all of her moves are actual poses in Wii Fit, like how her jab combo is the Sideways Leg Lift followed by a Lunge, or how her Side Smash is the Warrior Pose

I just love how overall quirky she is, and I decided I was gonna main her pretty much the minute she was revealed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wii Fit Trainer remains the character I cannot wait to play the most. Although I have no idea if I will main her in this coming game, I think she is a fantastic addition to the game. Especially considering Wii Fit is such a known game.

I keep getting the feeling that it would feel different to play Male WFT over Female WFT.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Welcome to the club!

God, why is this game still so far away?
Only two more months. Well, at least for the version I am picking.

Anyways, after the Fire Emblem newcomer, Wii Fit Trainer is the character I am excited the most to give a try. I love weird/unorthodox characters like her.

Rorshock520

Smash Rookie
Had a chance to very briefly play Wii Fit Trainer at comic con today (like 10 min of game time). Not sure I can give you guys any info that you don't already know, but I will say her forward tilt feels super strong. It hits forward and back, it's fast, and it has a good range. The foot seems to pop up for a combo, which could be useful with the turnaround cancel technique that has been going around.

She gets really low for her dash attack, and it felt like I was dodging some high attacks with it. Her jab is fast. Also her up air is really fast and reliable; I felt like I was beating a lot of air attacks with it. Her nair also seems strong. Her fair is...weird and I didn't get used to using it in the short time I had to play the game. Her smash attacks seem kind of universally sub-par, with so-so range, so-so knockback, and so-so speed.

But yeah...probably stuff you guys already knew, but I figured I'd just chime in and say it anyway.

Last edited:

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
Had a chance to very briefly play Wii Fit Trainer at comic con today (like 10 min of game time). Not sure I can give you guys any info that you don't already know, but I will say her forward tilt feels super strong. It hits forward and back, it's fast, and it has a good range. The foot seems to pop up for a combo, which could be useful with the turnaround cancel technique that has been going around.

She gets really low for her dash attack, and it felt like I was dodging some high attacks with it. Her jab is fast. Also her up air is really fast and reliable; I felt like I was beating a lot of air attacks with it. Her nair also seems strong. Her fair is...weird and I didn't get used to using it in the short time I had to play the game. Her smash attacks seem kind of universally sub-par, with so-so range, so-so knockback, and so-so speed.

But yeah...probably stuff you guys already knew, but I figured I'd just chime in and say it anyway.
Yes! Her F-Tilt will be utilized for combos the most, I think. WFT will benefit the most from the Pivot Cancels seeing how her forward moves hit both ways.

Her dash attack can be a great punisher if the opponent's attack misses. Can you tilt the joystick down to perform a pivot cancel, or is strictly only in the opposite direction? I'm just wondering if you can perform a down smash from a pivot cancel.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

Oh nice, I'm going to try her on Saturday.
Did you go to the Nintendo Lounge by any chance? Was it super crowded?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm wanting to see what the pink WFT outfit will be. I'm excited for WFT in general though. <3

She looks really difficult but fun to play. Can't wait to play her!

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I was actually really interested in seeing the alternate palettes for WFT, it was disappointing that there were only two for each gender.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah, too many Zelda and Bowser and not enough Wii Fit Trainer.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Comic-Con was great, I spent all day in the Nintendo Lounge because it was free, had 11 Smash 4 matches total, plus I got to try out Sonic Boom, won a Smash shirt, and got Bill Trinen's autograph
:happysheep:

I had about 5 matches with WFT. First was a vs CPU Smash Run match that I obviously won, second was a close Wii U match that I ended up losing because of Sudden Death (Marth hilariously dodged my volleyballs in the Boxing Ring). Third was a 3DS match on Arena Ferox where I even managed to pull off her Final Smash and win. Fourth was a pretty awful Wii U match on Battlefield where I completely forgot what I was doing (yet somehow took a third place tie), and fifth was a match in FE's Coliseum where I got so many KO's, I already knew I won and just spent the remaining 20 seconds taunting :p

Overall, nothing really new to say about WFT that hasn't been said before, but she's definitely a fun fighter to use, and I was glad to let her break the streak of Mario being the first character I play as since Smash 64. I'll have to practice the deep breathing timing and volleyball distance when I get the game though, since I had some trouble with that.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Wii Fit trainer having moves that heal her is amazing. Plus a jab that puts people in the ground. Goodness gracious. Wii Fit trainer is looking to be the tippiest of top tiers.

Top Bottom