• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wario slayer

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
That's what I was wondering. Abusing the Goodness Combo on Wario would even be nice since it CAN get him up to a percent where killing him is almost guaranteed -- and if not, he'll still be up high in percents where a footstool -> fast fall Knee of Justice might even be possible.

Grab release -> Dair -> Fastfall First Hit Nair -> Grab, maybe?
I dunno. There's a lot of overlooked options concerning the grab release.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i personally dont believe that this is possible. Pessimistic i know, but unless someone does it to me in a serious match or something i wont believe it. Wario not being able to get out of a grab release or lock combo, i accept but i do not accept the thought of wario not being able get out of a combo such as a move with so much landing lag or sends you up this high (in this case dair) to grab just doesnt fit right with me.

Main thing stopping me from believing this will work: Dair might not stun wario long enough for the regrab and the thought of sdi the dair.

Thought: Is there a way falcon can lock wario with grab release> footstool? Maybe release> footstool> fastfall nair/sours spot fair> grab?
k .

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I personally dont believe that this is possible. pessimistic i know, but unless someone does it to me in a serious match or something i wont believe it. Wario not being able to get out of a grab release or lock combo, i accept but i do not accept the thought of wario not being able get out of a combo such as a move with so much landing lag or sends you up this high (in this case dair) to grab just doesnt fit right with me.

Main thing stopping me from believing this will work: Dair might not stun wario long enough for the regrab and the thought of SDI the dair.

Thought: is there a way falcon can lock wario with grab release> footstool? maybe Release> footstool> fastfall nair/sours spot fair> Grab?
But as it stands now, it does work.

And I believe it seems out there, this beeing brawl and all, but falcon's Dair's hitstun (combined with falcon's Dair's landing lag's IASA frames, even), Dair combo's are legit. Even in brawl.

And anything other than the Dair (things like sour spot knee, and FHNair, heck, even jab), give wario a chance to escape due to his mobility. (Though, looking into this more can never hurt, offcourse =))

That's what I was wondering. Abusing the Goodness Combo on Wario would even be nice since it CAN get him up to a percent where killing him is almost guaranteed -- and if not, he'll still be up high in percents where a footstool -> fast fall Knee of Justice might even be possible.

Grab release -> Dair -> Fastfall First Hit Nair -> Grab, maybe?
I dunno. There's a lot of overlooked options concerning the grab release.
And anything other than the Dair (things like sour spot knee, and FHNair, heck, even jab), give wario a chance to escape due to his mobility. (Though, looking into this more can never hurt, offcourse =))

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Sounds awesome. Why did Sakurai make foostools broken? Maybe one day he was like " OMG mario ***** all his enemies with a simple jump on the head I kneed to put this on my next game."
footstools like most everything else in the game have some amount of frames to them. Look at the footstool>banana infinite people have on diddy kong. When you get footstooled your literally helpless. Its even worse when you get footstool out of the air on/off platform as you can see in the OPs post

holy **** i just noticed i responded to pz O_O save me vex

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Just to make sure: We are talking about the timing is after wario gets footstooled (anyone really) he falls and bounces once. durring that one bounce you cant hit him with a nair to lock?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
But wasn't that only proven successful on ROB and Samus?
Or is there a wider range of charcters that i am not aware of?

Zeallyx

Just to make sure: We are talking about the timing is after wario gets footstooled (anyone really) he falls and bounces once. durring that one bounce you cant hit him with a nair to lock?
Nair doesnt lock.

But if you mean start a fhanfus loop from there, then that isnt possible, as wario can DI downward after a FHNair enough to make the footstool after the FHNair a grounded footstool. Making a fhanfus loop impossible.

And I already spoke about a variation of the goodness combo specifically for wario:
Grab->grab release->footstool->drop down->Bair lock->force standup->regrab->repeat.

(The Bair could be replaced with an Uair, too, as they both have a locking effect. And are falcons only aerials that have a locking effect, in case you are wondering =).)

But wasn't that only proven successful on ROB and Samus?
Or is there a wider range of charcters that i am not aware of?
There is a wider range of characters. But wario isnt one of them.

PZ

Smash Lord
Nair doesnt lock.

But if you mean start a fhanfus loop from there, then that isnt possible, as wario can DI downward after a FHNair enough to make the footstool after the FHNair a grounded footstool. Making a fhanfus loop impossible.

And I already spoke about a variation of the goodness combo specifically for wario:
Grab->grab release->footstool->drop down->Bair lock->force standup->regrab->repeat.

(The Bair could be replaced with an Uair, too, as they both have a locking effect. And are falcons only aerials that have a locking effect, in case you are wondering =).)

There is a wider range of characters. But wario isnt one of them.
Well flub have a locking a effect too but isnt as effective as the rest but it can be used to force stand up.

Zeallyx

Well flub have a locking a effect too but isnt as effective as the rest but it can be used to force stand up.
Indeed. I stand corrected.

I forgot to add (flub) Fair.

Thanks.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I wouldn't recommend using a flubbed knee though. If you're going so far as to keep it fresh majority of the stock, why not just save it for a kill move?

Still nice knowledge to know if you're just going for racking up damage.

Auto-Canceled Pivot Nipple -> Knee. : )

Zeallyx

I wouldn't recommend using a flubbed knee though. If you're going so far as to keep it fresh majority of the stock, why not just save it for a kill move?

Still nice knowledge to know if you're just going for racking up damage.

Auto-Canceled Pivot Nipple -> Knee. : )
Indeed. =)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Hmm just tried it on a CPU and he could airdodge between the Dair and the regrab.

Not at 40%, but at like 60-70% when you have to wait for Wario to fall down before regrabbing him.

:/

Top Bottom