• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
If he is i would lmao.
And i agree.
I think my wall writing is just going to be: "THIS GAME !"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dark Horse (4) - No Hetero, No Hetero, FullMetalLynch, JTB
Sephiroths Masamune (3) - MOD, MOD, Kary

Not Voting: Dark Horse, SephirothsMasamune,

However....

THE LYNCH HAS FAILED.

Night begins. Due to weekend, Night Actions due by Monday, September 17th at 3 p.m. EST. I will modkill you if you do not send in your wall writings before this time. Do it all in advance, day starts earlier.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

No Hetero (Evil Eye, Town Waller) has been killed during the Night!

A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Sept. 26th at 3 p.m. EST

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Not voting: Dark Horse, Kary, Sephiroths Masamune, FullMetalLynch, JTB

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hi guys,

It seems reasonable to assume there is a mafia faction, as NH died last night.

I don't think that DH is mafia given that his lynch failed.

I don't think FML/JTB are scum given the same reasoning as yesterday;
loosely, Hando's clear, and JTB's ability.

I still think Seph is scum.

Right now, I'm weighing up Seph scum vs. JTB playing very well to his disinterested town meta, and leaning very much towards the Seph lynch.

Any objections to a Seph lynch toDay?

Let's not drag this out, but don't quickvote.

FullMetalLynch

Actually.

Wait a sec.

Even if we lynch seph and he's town, kary can't win as scum lol. Even if he kills JTB, me + DH could just vote him into oblivion.

Same goes for seph scum. Hmmm

Me gusta.

FullMetalLynch

Kary.
Before that i want you to answer 2 questions:

1) Why did you say early game that seph wasn't scum based off the fact that scum wouldn't draw attention to themselves the way he did ?

2) What happened to that read over the course of the following days ?
(i don't want a novel here , just tell me how it progressed and how you now believe he is scum )

FullMetalLynch

I might as well say that my brain wants Kary first and my gut wants Seph first.

@Seph: I want you to explain how your read on Raz progressed from having him as one of the people you trusted to eventually compromising on his lynch

Also i see Nabe viewing

@Nabe: Stay sexy. But You shoulda BP'd yourself :salt:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary.
Before that i want you to answer 2 questions:

1) Why did you say early game that seph wasn't scum based off the fact that scum wouldn't draw attention to themselves the way he did ?

2) What happened to that read over the course of the following days ?
(i don't want a novel here , just tell me how it progressed and how you now believe he is scum )
Yeah why not
I don't think he'd be as... loud as scum
why this question?
In my experience, scum don't have a lot to gain by drawing attention to themselves, and creating paper trails that they might follow up on. Him being loud doesn't fit with him being scum on that basis. Note that this is mid Day1, though, and the lack of certainty in my response.

On the other hand, if scum put themselves out there and people read them as town, they can use that to cruise, or to nudge town in a certain direction. A few of Seph's reads/stances were off to me D1.

Firstly, he thought me vs. July was TvT, and I wasn't convinced by his reasoning for that, or why he stuck by it early on.
Secondly, he was fine with Raz living as long as Raz followed him, which is a cop-out in terms of reading Raz, and it wasn't clear why Seph needed people to support him.
Thirdly, he wanted Soup dead... for reasons I at first didn't understand, and then thought were gross. His argument against Soup at the end of D1 is disgusting, not least because it constantly assumes Soup has scum intentions.

Since D1, his activity has continued to decrease. Some things still stick out, though;

His 'guilty' on July at the start of D2; I still don't know why he chose July, why he chose to soft-claim his result, or why he got confused at the start of the Day.
His push on you (FML) on the basis that you were bussing July, which just seemed dumb/empty in that it basically assumed you were scum then tried to argue from that, and on very little evidence
And his talk of indies over the past couple Days, along with his suspicion of me, both of which make me feel he is trying to set up for me to be lynched, as opposed of actually pushing me to see whether I am scum.

All in all, I can't see a clear train of thought from townSeph. I don't really see him pushing his reads, just agreeing with town consensus and not really getting involved. I don't know why he chose the targets he did, given his reads. I see him doing things I dislike, and then doing nothing to redeem them. I can't see the town intent.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've been here, I'm just waiting on Seph to show up since toDay is largely about him

FullMetalLynch

@mod: DH prods ?

@JTB: we lynch wrong today , feel free to use your ability in mylo / lylo and solo alpha scum

FullMetalLynch

also gonna say that the Rake side is about 1 more day of this sort of activity from gambling it on my seph scum gut read. Orbo still wants you kary so i have to ask you : Why did you handle seph's claim the way you did ?

FullMetalLynch

i.e : why go about it by posting something like :

"Of course I can. But I have zero interest in attempting to prove my role is legit or dealing with any skepticism of my slot, especially when discussing the details of my role might give Seph more information to work with in a situation where (due to his claim conflicting with DH's), his claim is in doubt. So no, not right now."

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Honestly, at this point we can get by with simple PoE.

No DH, no FML, no JTB. Kary or Seph. Lynch one, lynch the other. Should be no way to stop that, so yeah.

Though, I'd like Kary to go first just for the sake of avoiding shenanigans. But hey, majority will speak for me.

Sorry for not replying. I saw it was open for a bit but I never really cared too much anymore, as I figured people would just 1-2-death-punch me and Kary and I kinda expected to be dead this dayphase anyway haha.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
actually, DH isn't clear at all. No idea how Kary devised that.

Being lynch immune is scummy rather than ****ing towny, and I doubt OS would just throw in all these dumb clears and whatever.

Whatever.

Take my life, take Kary's in the process. Willing to bet on that. bye

FullMetalLynch

Seph: Stop being defeatist.

Also: I'd rather punch out scum first, as both me and orbo are tired of this lol.

Also: JTB, read carefully :

Regardless of who we end up going with today, if it ends up being wrong , use your vote ability on the other one the following nightPhase, that way scum has to target you and me / DH can slam the other (assuming DH ever gets back in here) willing to bank on DH not being scum with the ability to be lynch immune, not seeing OS giving his scum-persona a unlynchable power. If me/orbo die your ability ends D7 before the start. Town wins and we can all walk away from this game

FullMetalLynch

Orbo said i could follow my gut.
Rollign seph toDay. people can get at me post game with all their flak

Vote: Seph

@Kary: Vote Seph and let's end this

@mod: going for my indy win-con with the above

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I've been here, I'm just waiting on Seph to show up since toDay is largely about him
Well this fills me with confidence. There's nothing you want to ask him, etc.?

actually, DH isn't clear at all. No idea how Kary devised that.

Being lynch immune is scummy rather than ****ing towny, and I doubt OS would just throw in all these dumb clears and whatever.
Kary, explain how DH is clear based off being unlynchable
He's not. But I'm willing to bet that he's not mafia and unlynchable, not least because it gives you a free extra night kill. As such, I don't think he's the priority.

On the other hand, we could lynch DH again toDay if you really think he's scum. That along with a night kill would presumably leave us in a 3-man Lylo if the game hasn't already ended. But my priority remains Seph > DH.

also gonna say that the Rake side is about 1 more day of this sort of activity from gambling it on my seph scum gut read. Orbo still wants you kary so i have to ask you : Why did you handle seph's claim the way you did ?
Kary said:
"Of course I can. But I have zero interest in attempting to prove my role is legit or dealing with any skepticism of my slot, especially when discussing the details of my role might give Seph more information to work with in a situation where (due to his claim conflicting with DH's), his claim is in doubt. So no, not right now."
Not least to see how Seph reacted. My first instinct was that Seph was lying, because it was very unlikely that his investigation turned up more results than mine, so I wanted to see whether Seph would stick to his claim, and if not, to see what motivated him to push DH like that.
I had also already proved, to Seph, that I had some sort of investigative ability, so I wanted to see whether he would attempt to counter-claim me, or otherwise hold that against me.
Revealing all the information about my role, such as my results, would give Seph the opportunity to either change what he claimed, or to use what I'd claimed against me.
Of course, you could say the same about me; but I think my results/thought process and claim speak for themselves in being legit.

I also don't understand why JTB has to use his ability?

FullMetalLynch

nah if i was a warlock i would just straight voted seph and gone for the QL, i wouldn'ta hesitated while talkin to orbo / soldifying my gut read on seph.

FullMetalLynch

also, i still don't know what a warlock is or does and i don't see 2 indies in this game at all.

FullMetalLynch

you could maybe make the case that DH is some sort of survivor , but with a unlynchable ? Not buying it.

>inb4 : kary indy
>inb4: some secret game mechanic giving kary 2 kills
> inb4: jtb indy
>inb4 : DH scum / DH serial killer

Overswarm

is laughing at you
FullMetalLynch - MOD
Sephiroths Masamune - Kary

Not voting: Dark Horse, Sephiroths Masamune, FullMetalLynch, JTB

A deadline has been set for Wednesday, Sept. 26th at 3 p.m. EST
With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

FullMetalLynch

Kary why are you feeling seph toDay but then DH/NH tomorrow, what is stopping you from DH toDay ?

Also why are you considering going for DH considering just a couple posts ago you said you felt he was more townie after re-reading D1 ?
Kary why are you feeling seph toDay but then DH/NH tomorrow, what is stopping you from DH toDay ?

Also why are you considering going for DH considering just a couple posts ago you said you felt he was more townie after re-reading D1 ?

Don't reply to this : hydra quoting

FullMetalLynch

Okay , so we are back to my question before, why are we not lynching DH at this point ?
Are we seriously going to keep waiting on him to post in the hopes that he astounds us ?

Literally everyone in this thread wants this slot gone in some form.

So what exactly are we waiting on ?

@NH talk to me about post DH lynch , who do you move to based on his flip ?
Okay , so we are back to my question before, why are we not lynching DH at this point ?
Are we seriously going to keep waiting on him to post in the hopes that he astounds us ?

Literally everyone in this thread wants this slot gone in some form.

So what exactly are we waiting on ?

@NH talk to me about post DH lynch , who do you move to based on his flip ?

FullMetalLynch

Yo, NH , why didn't you say before you had a BP ? (I.e after the first no kill ? ). Because now there is some logic as to why there may have been no night kill , where before there wasn't hence me not feeling like scum had one.

Also orbo's here so if you wanna question him on stuff now is the best time
Yo, NH , why didn't you say before you had a BP ? (I.e after the first no kill ? ). Because now there is some logic as to why there may have been no night kill , where before there wasn't hence me not feeling like scum had one.

Also orbo's here so if you wanna question him on stuff now is the best time

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
except why didn't you have a modvote at the start of the Day, given you've not slipped up toDay?

I honestly don't follow some parts of this game, it's just ridiculous.

FullMetalLynch

exactly my issue.

I have been staying the course lately, so idk where the mod vote comes from.

Plus, we didn't get a pm or anything saying we had been vote blocked.

so....day voteblock ?

Top Bottom