• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wall - Game End.... no one wins?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
The everyone is asking why I am not voting. I've tried to explain best I could without outright saying it.

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
Yo Mac, I'ma let you finish, but WtT is the best when it comes to not dragging their feet when it's important.

The answer was indeed Fibonacci Number Three. I (Ryker) looked at the game from work, saw the puzzle was goddamn solved, but we weren't having anyone answer it. I sent in an answer before leaving for lunch. If I was wrong, then fine, let scum be wrong. I wasn't wrong.

I only got a hint about the first puzzle's solution. I have not looked into what it means yet. We've already tried the first puzzle, so I'm going to see if the hint makes it painfully obvious before doing anything with it. After that, I'm going to move the information, but preferably in a way that doesn't give scum all day to answer before anyone else.

Mac town because there's no chance in hell he lets the answer slip by. He or a scum mate answers it before me if he is scum even if he's playing townie puzzle solver in thread.

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
I didn't mention that I had guessed the solution. Meaning that if it was not Fibonacci Number Three, then anyone else who attempted to ninja solve would instead just burn their guess. We've got numbers advantage. Burning two town guesses for one scum guess is perfectly fine by me.

I just logged on, sent the PM, finished what I had to do, then went to lunch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
considering the possibility that wtt is trying to cover for raz...

i know its a super stretch but just wanted to put it out there...

would really like to hear the hint wtt...

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
forgot jtb is in this game aas well. he's not included in the auto town pile.

FML did you guess yet already? I don't wanna guess until near the end. (so i can be the one to solve it)
This was where I guessed, for the record.

@Mac -

You JUST put it out there for everyone to see and were freaking out about it. I'm actually fairly sure I can solve the puzzle given the hint and the chance to do some math. I would post it if I could give it to just you or if I KNEW that you would solve it before scum logged on with a shot at it.

Once I post it, it's fair game. It will BE in the thread before the end of the Day. The solution is going to end up where we want the solution, I just have to figure out how. So talk to me about how to do this information transfer. I'll just post the damn thing if I can get a good reason as to why I should post it.

@Haters -

Tell me why Hando's scummy as **** post isn't worth the wagon and yet Raz's ten or so nullish noncommittal posts are? I don't have a problem with the Raz wagon. He's not here and he's got to be dealt with at some point. Hando is the same sad story and he isn't worth the hate? Establish a difference.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Look, you're gonna have to deal with the fact that I don't feel like grinding mafia when I've got a fever that keeps swinging wildly. I called V/LA in the social, I'm just attempting to stay caught up reading-wise while I'm resting.

:phone:

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
^

An excellent solution that I fully endorse.

Seph Macman is town and your interpretation of his play is awful. Don't give scum room to **** on him by your bad and wrong suspicion.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Someone solve Fibonacci Number Three mathematically for me.
We just had this conversation in Escape, lol.

It depends on the definition of the sequence starting on 0,1 or 1,1. 1,1 is generally more prevalent because the original practical application of the sequence was to do with mating cute little bunbuns, and you can't mate a bunbun with no bunbun.

So fib(3) is either 1 or 2 but more likely 2 in this case.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Right, but does that have anything to do with the riddle? I figured the hint Ryker got must be something different.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Alright July, there's one thing that's been in the back of my mind of the long time, and it's the fact you've kicked an attitude this game and I don't see your progressing your reads like i'm used to, I don't understand the change but I see you clinging onto this Kary read without anything about it, Could you go more in-depth as to what you don't like about him if he's going to only become your only target?
That's been asked though :woman: The problem is she's not here and posting, muffin.

You've been stepping up to defend July; is there a problem with her being lynched, if it yields information as town and dead scum as scum? ToMorrow you'd be in a better place to evaluate whether Hando and FML are phoning in their reads, but you're calling them on it toDay which is useless, aside from saving July and building cred.

Have you given a read on Kary lately? On Inferno?

I recall a few comments July made really made me feel like she was legitimately scum hunting against Kary.
July has tunneled Kary. Kary has been on July all game. I interpret it like two comrades fighting.
Could you elaborate?

I don't see how Macman is good, he arrived and tactfully avoided searching for spies and other conversation by talking about mechanics.
It's only tactful avoidance (rather than blissful ignorance) if you suspect as much, hon. But he's useful on the Butterbody Crew regardless.

:hanenbow:

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Psst, Thronesy baby

(I don't like Hando either. But keep it on the "DL", you dig? Come vote for July.)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No Hetero said:
That's been asked though The problem is she's not here and posting, muffin.

You've been stepping up to defend July; is there a problem with her being lynched, if it yields information as town and dead scum as scum? ToMorrow you'd be in a better place to evaluate whether Hando and FML are phoning in their reads, but you're calling them on it toDay which is useless, aside from saving July and building cred.

Have you given a read on Kary lately? On Inferno?
It's one of those situations where I want to follow my gut instead of looking at what people are saying, in hindsight I haven't really scum-read July at all, and I'm almost a bit confused as to why people were, I looked more into her posts and what people were saying and realized a flaw, it's not even about a defense. I'd be willing if it were my only option to go July, I don't have that super town-read I had a couple of pages ago.

Kary is just...I don't know. Kary is acting really weird and I can't really put my finger on how I want to interpret his play, sometimes I want to call him out on useless banter, and sometimes I want to feel like he has some sort of intention, most of the time I lean the other way as I've seen Kary hop progressively to one read to another in about 5 short posts, I don't understand what Kary is doing at all to be frank; null lean scum. Inferno is another person I haven't really given much of a read, not a lot I can say to like, I could look again and see how his play has been, I just remember it being distinctly shallow.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
meh actually take kary out of my lynchpool and put him in my scumlist. also i thought hando's post were fine/not scummy so i don't get the hate. I can easily see WTT being tvs i highly doubt both are scum or both are town.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
i also had no issue with handos posts. "my body is ready" might be the best defense ever given to the hardbody crew

lol nabes posts literally put me in a better mood reading them

wish i could just throw half this game into a pool of piranhas

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote-Count:

Ragnarock (3) - JTB, Handorin, Sephiroths Masamune
Kary (1) - July
July (3) - Kantrip, No Hetero, Kary
Raziek (1) - Macman
FullMetalLynch (1) - Ragnarock
Handorin (1) - WatchedTheThrone

Not Voting (3): Raziek, FullMetalLynch, Inferno

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Friday, July 27th at 3:00 p.m. EST

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually wtt post the hint man cmon

are you and your scum buddies deliberating over it?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
speak of the devil

i just got home from tdkr and im reading now

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
So, I've spent most of my afternoon at a college getting admissions straight and I'm gonna spent most of the rest of it driving halfway across the state so I can get a copy of my transcript. You got 30 minutes.

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
Right, but does that have anything to do with the riddle? I figured the hint Ryker got must be something different.
Completely different, but it does verify that Fib 3 is a hint. Something along the lines of "You've won a hint. Well, two I suppose as you hold the solution to this puzzle."

The second is nothing direct, but refers me to a couple of paragraphs in the middle of a post on a specific page online.

That's pretty much the only reason I'm on right now. I want to see if I can solve this puzzle and check my other DGames stuff.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
seriously, stuff this puzzle business
don't understand how town is meant to co-operate and benefit from it

i will however contribute this nugget as i'd rather see the back of this business:

why is the first puzzle described as a riddle?
is it actually a riddle?

i am thinking about this because there's a big picture of the puzzler, not the riddler
but ehhh

July should post

WatchTheThrone

KevinM/Ryker
Welp, Deadpool mafia among other things kept me here way longer than intended, but I've got a plan as far as this clue goes and I think you'll like it, Mac. I just have to phrase this one perfectly. More on it laaaaaate tonight.

As far as the clue itself, I've got no ****ing answer.

I'm out.

July

Smash Apprentice
Blind my ***. You saw us vote him earlier.
Posts like this:

You're a doll.

Could you be a dear and switch these actions, sweetie?
Don't make me think you are looking at Kary scum as an actual possibility, and that vote on him was weak and you know it. Yet I don't know what in the hell Kary has done that makes him look so townie to you, other than the fact that he's not me.

Well, so far we have July and Throne coming in here every other day attacking Kary and then acting like I'm ******** for suggesting that either could be scum. Lol. I miss Seph.
Have I said that you were ******** for suggesting I'm scum? No. I just want you to consider Kary scum.

Anyways July I don't remember if I did focus on Raz. But if it was up to me everyone would be talking about how atrocious everything he's said in this game has been and he'dve been hardbodied crew'd days ago.
And why isn't it up to you? No one's stopping you, you could push him harder if you wanted to. I may be toDay's #1 scumpick but at least I'm going to push my scumpick until the end goddammit so that if I'm lynched Kary can get lynched toMorrow on my town flip.

so this is going to look like a stupid question:

why am I scum beyond the fact that you don't like my play?
Not a stupid question, it's one I'd be happy to answer:

-Your attitude towards the wall was an immediate red flag; you don't think that townies could rolecrumb on the wall or could plan to use the anonymity to their advantage, not seeing the uses of the wall from a town pov
-Your case on me has been reachy as hell, especially what you call me "buddying"; town and scum can buddy btw (ex: J), but you pull every interaction I have with anyone that isn't calling them scum "buddying"
-Your questions go nowhere; so far they have either been 1) questions asked for the sake of asking questions, with no clear benefits or information you could gather from them, or 2) shallow, as in you reveal your intent behind them right away which leads to the questions, once again, accomplishing nothing
-There were also those questions to WtT and FML which hinted that you knew their alignment/knew they were a different alignment from you which I pointed out before
-Why so touchy about people calling you scum:

stfu with this karyscum business

i need to read fml
It's not like there's a wagon taking off on you and most of the people who have called you scum or possible scum at any point in this game are scum reads of yours. You're fine dealing out suspicions but you don't handle them very well. You can't just shut down legitimate suspicions on you with a stfu -_-

what about his claim doesn't line up?
oh, and uh... if the vig shoots kantrip that fulfils his wincon.
keep buddying seph though.
I just don't believe that he could be town, unlynchable, and forced to die to win with town; if he has to die, I believe it's much more likely he has to "die" or get nked by scum to join their side rather than die to win with town, thus I think him being mafia traitor could have been the truth that he's working against now. If that's the case, there has to be something to balance that role, which would be a vig, so that town could kill him before mafia could recruit him.

It shows either that they're trying to better read seph (which seems unlikely as most people have him as town), OR a distinct lack of initiative, and plausibly, scumhunting, coupled with a bit of buddying Seph. Lazy is not a word I would use to describe FML's play.
But this was wedged in between like 8 other posts by FML, and you act like he's not allowed to even address Seph or ask him a question because he's largely considered town...also I was saying the post itself was lazy, not their entire play, but I don't see the scum intent behind it you are seeing. Also, for reals, stop calling every interaction buddying ><

also, @July's reads:
:surprised: the scumteam is Kary + inactives
....yeahhhhhh.....
Inactive means they can't be scum? Also my reads are set in stone and I totally couldn't change them, expand on them as more people post, or even use the connections from a Kary lynch to help scumhunt more efficiently toMorrow? Good to know.

Hon. :smirk:

Look at their approach to the Day. Their read on Hando is off a single post (did you find Hando's post that objectionable?) and it's their largest scumread. Their vote in that direction asks calmly for a hardbody that they know they're not going to get toDay. It's a coast if not a full agenda.
...I do expect Ryker to go HAM instead of coast, and I don't find Hando's first post that objectionable. Goddammit I guess I'll read WtT again.

Elaborate on your Raz read (you call him scummy rather than inactive, why), condense your Kary read into a post, and character claim / tell me if I'm right in thinking you have a posting restriction. Spread your love around, as yelling "Kary is scum and I'm not" isn't helping me shine to you. And take a bath with some Epsom salts, that stuff is gold.

:hanenbow:
I remember his posts that he had being fencesitty. I remember him saying there was nothing to comment on in the beginning of the game, and since then he's just not commented or made only vague, "I need to look into..." or "I'm not sure what to think of..." comments about current events, without ever digging into anything or giving scum reads or anything useful in general.

Kary condensed read is above, my character is Gheb, and no I don't have a posting restriction, but I did receive an individual win condition that I didn't have in my role pm but that I received when the Day started...

Alright July, there's one thing that's been in the back of my mind of the long time, and it's the fact you've kicked an attitude this game and I don't see your progressing your reads like i'm used to, I don't understand the change but I see you clinging onto this Kary read without anything about it, Could you go more in-depth as to what you don't like about him if he's going to only become your only target?
My attitude is mostly because I've said a couple times that my play will be different this game by necessity because I'm short on free time, and yet people keep commenting on how I'm not being as thorough as I usually am and Kary's asking where I'm at and why I'm not posting and it's like, I'm doing what I can with the time I have and with the wincon that was thrown on me and it's making me play in a way I don't particularly like either but it is what it is.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
And why isn't it up to you? No one's stopping you, you could push him (Raziek) harder if you wanted to.
1. This marriage requires compromise, dear.

2. I do not want to "push" Raziek. Any verb describing any desire I have in my body towards Raziek that is not "lynch", "vig", "kill", or "hardbody the ****ing **** out of mercilessly and with impunity" is incorrect.

On a sidenote, these Indy wincons are ****ing obnoxious and we now have 2 people who have admitted to making them play in ways they aren't crazy about. I give OS due props for trying something new...but there is a reason forum mafia has been played for over a decade with the vast majority of games demanding players to adhere to global win conditions and global win conditions only.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
btw macman of i had to call the game right now scumteam would be like

july/raziek/throne

a little fml and soup in there as well

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Know what's interesting Mac?

Throne/July/Seph dislike Hando. We have no issue with him and MUCH prefer Raz when it comes to the inactive hating. The first two also dislike Kary but Seph seems to be okay with him.

You/me seem to be pretty in sync at the moment. Kary has some synergy with us in that he believes you/Inferno to be townbros to da end along with Kary voting with me and fosing people I dislike.

July/Throne/Seph are the only people other than you and me that I would expect to make ANYTHING happen in this game. Everyone else is sheep/inactive and will continue to be so. Kary and Soup have some backbone but they take forever to push their targets and seem to prefer asking their scum picks a million questions and allowing them to wiggle out of the noose and inviting them to change their minds.

I HATE HATE HATE how we are pulling in the opposite direction from Throne/July/Seph. July is riding Thrones **** for whatever awful reason and Throne is ignoring July and Raz in favor of Hando and Kary it seems. If any of these guys are scum we are probably ****ed though I doubt Seph is. Remember in Skies where I told you that town was ****ed if we died due to it being full of weakminded *******es [minus J/Soup] who would allow scum with "rep" to **** all over them and take it up the *** from them and then it ****ing happened? Just keep this in mind.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
Also, there is a lot of gratuitous whiteknighting going around. Wanna lynch July/Throne? NOPE. **** YOU. Soup and Seph are there to save them.

Wanna lynch July? NOPE. **** YOU. Soup and Inferno don't see it.

Wanna lynch Soup? NOPE. **** OUTTA HEAR MOTHER****ER! Premature hammer oh nooooo!!

Wanna quicklynch Raz for making the worst posts in the game bar none? NOPE. **** YOU TOO. QUICKLYNCHES ARE BAD.

Wanna lynch Hando? NAH. Macman/marshy aren't feeling it. It's dat 2008 swag comin into play.

No Hetero

marshy|nabe
It's one of those situations where I want to follow my gut instead of looking at what people are saying, in hindsight I haven't really scum-read July at all, and I'm almost a bit confused as to why people were, I looked more into her posts and what people were saying and realized a flaw, it's not even about a defense. I'd be willing if it were my only option to go July, I don't have that super town-read I had a couple of pages ago.

Kary is just...I don't know. Kary is acting really weird and I can't really put my finger on how I want to interpret his play, sometimes I want to call him out on useless banter, and sometimes I want to feel like he has some sort of intention, most of the time I lean the other way as I've seen Kary hop progressively to one read to another in about 5 short posts, I don't understand what Kary is doing at all to be frank; null lean scum. Inferno is another person I haven't really given much of a read, not a lot I can say to like, I could look again and see how his play has been, I just remember it being distinctly shallow.
Any thoughts on Hando?

FML, why did you specifically ask Soup for his opinion of me earlier?

Top Bottom