• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhacker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Restive
Oh geeze....

I, uh......

Got a Falcon amiibo.....

Off Amazon....

For 56 bucks....
Damn thats quite a bit. I missed this batch, but I plan to pick up all the obscure ones next batch. Shulk and Toon Link here I come.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Damn thats quite a bit. I missed this batch, but I plan to pick up all the obscure ones next batch. Shulk and Toon Link here I come.
I don't know rare or hard to get she'll be but next time I go to GameStop I'm preordering Sheik. Im not doing this again.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Lmao. People buying Amiibos for 50+ bucks. Hell to the no. I just wait for my store to restock. And amiibos are plentiful here. I've seen so many Luigis. We still don't have Little mac, Pit and Captain Falcon (They haven't stocked them yet, they didn't run out of stock). But Villager, Marth and WFT seemed to run out too fast. I got my hands on them later on. There was one of each. Talk about lucky.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Saw this pick over on NeoGAF, apparently it's from Germany. All I can say is, **** it NOA. :hulk:

Also don't feed the scalpers.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I was considering getting my older sister a Captain Falcon Amiibo, since she only plays as Cap, but she's as casual as the come when playing games. So I asked her what she would do with it if I got her one. She won't use it for Smash, she won't have it on the dashboard of her car, she'll only keep it in the box and have it on shelf in her room and have it fade in with all the other junk she has. Guess it wouldn't be worth getting one, huh?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I was considering getting my older sister a Captain Falcon Amiibo, since she only plays as Cap, but she's as casual as the come when playing games. So I asked her what she would do with it if I got her one. She won't use it for Smash, she won't have it on the dashboard of her car, she'll only keep it in the box and have it on shelf in her room and have it fade in with all the other junk she has. Guess it wouldn't be worth getting one, huh?
If they were really easy to get then it would be a good idea, but since they're so rare I wouldn't recommend it.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Well, my Little Mac came today. No Pit or Falcon in sight unfortunately. Was hoping I would be able to find them but just the usual Mario/Peach/Pika/Zelda/DK and occasional Samus, Luigi, Fox and Yoshi :/

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

Saw this pick over on NeoGAF, apparently it's from Germany. All I can say is, **** it NOA. :hulk:

So NOA is terrible when it comes to managing amiibos?
What the hell.
Also what's the colorful Wii U box thing under the Marth amiibos?

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
-snip-

I don't think I've ever had this much sodium running through my veins at once. I'll pay someone 20 bucks to go buy that Pit and ship it to me...

Ehh, my Gamestop just called and told me that another store not too far from here is going to be getting 4 more Pit Amiibos on Wensday. Granted they flat out told us they can't hold anything and that it's first come first serve but I might be able to go if I wake up early enough. They open at 8. There might be one half an hour away that might have some as well but I can't be sure.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you can get me a Shulk, you would get all of my trust. I called 5 game stops and 4 of them said they are not taking anymore preorders. The other one said they were so when I went there to preorder it the GameStop site said they were in stock when they really weren't so I end up with no Shulk...

At least I got my Pit today. No Falcon, yet. If you are wanting to preorder a Shulk, you're probably out of luck.
Pre-ordering for Wave 3 Amiibo has not opened yet at any Irish retailers, but if you do really need me to do that, I could. Just know that going through me would have to be a bit more expensive than buying from your local retailer. The lowest price I can find Amiibos for over here is €13.99 in Argos, which is $17.10 - then you'd have to pay for shipping fees - it probably total somewhere between $20 and $30 dollars - and if I make this a service, I'd probably charge an extra $5, merely because there is no point running a service if you don't profit - however, I'd never be robbing you of upwards of $50 like eBay scalpers will. Still, do your best to find Shulk locally first.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

It's...it's beautiful...~

Now I'm honestly wondering if I know any friends in Germany ahaha~

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Just got my Luigi amiibo in the mail.

Also found out that nearly every Gamestop near me has Pit for sale, but only for Pre-Orders. Says I'll have to wait 48 hours to see if any are unclaimed. >_>
Im in the same boat, needing to frantically call each and every gamestop tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So on top of my €100 voucher, my mother might be getting be a big Argos voucher for Christmas, as well as an Amiibo carrying case.

A very Amiibo Christmas. First thing I do is secure all of the rares for myself.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Finally got my Luigi amiibo from Gamestop now I just need my Falcon amiibo to come in the mail

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Has anyone heard anything bad about preordering from Toys R Us? I caved in and put a dollar deposit for Ike, Sheik, and Mega Man (the ones I fear will be rare in wave 3), but I'm debating ordering the rest or not. I might go somewhere else and preorder those 3 in addition if enough people tell me TRU is rotten.

Bonus picture of all my little guys so far, gonna make a display stand at some point ^^
image.jpg

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
My local GameStop got its shipment of Luigi and Pit Amiibos. Picked them up tonight.
They're still waiting on Captain Falcon though.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
God bless this community, coming together to help each other in the Great Amiibo Hunt.

I may be able to check if Wave 2 is common in my area when I pick up my Villager.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
For those of you in the US I have seen some amiibo in hastings. Can't think of any rare ones they have but its worth checking.

Check eBay. I ordered mine from Japan for $20 USD, and it came with free shipping. That is if you don't mind importing.
I think I just might have to concede to importing, even though I cant get past how odd it would be to have a japanese box amongst all of my US boxes, but its that or scalpers... *shudder*

Rezbit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShiKage
Has anyone that has pre-ordered Captain Falcon on Amazon received theirs yet? I haven't heard of anyone getting theirs from Amazon, no matter how hard I search for answers. They still say it's delayed or highly limited in quantity on my end, but Captain Falcon seems to be released everywhere else (except local stores here in North Texas). It seems weird to me that Amazon, of all companies, wouldn't have any yet.

Also, I'm ashamed to say I'm one of those who gave in and bought Marth for $50 on eBay... :( Though, I got a sweet Fire Emblem art book out of it. I figured that even if they restocked them at Gamestops and whatnot, people would do the same thing and buy them all up and resell them at higher prices on eBay and the like, just as they're already doing.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Walked into my local Gamestop on my lunch today, just as a what-if. They had ONE Pit on the rack. I was like:
Colbert Give it to me now GIF.gif

But really, I've never bought something faster, idiotic Gamestop manager be damned.

Last edited:

TheBurningBadger

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChibiOfficial
3DS FC
4871-5711-3749
I'm still waiting for My Pit amiibo.....looks like I'm gonna check Walmart, target, GameStop(etc.)

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
tfw some people are able to just walk into a store and buy things that I've had preordered from Amazon since October.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Managed to get Villager from my nearest Argos. I was going to then buy Hyrule Warriors, but couldn't find it anywhere, so instead I went into GAME to see which amiibo they had.

They had Pikachu, Link, Luigi, yada yada....swear they had Diddy Kong in there...but they had two Pit's and one Captain Falcon, which I bought, alongside one Pit. They also had one Marth. To those who live in England in Grimsby, get your hides down to the GAME in Freshney Place. Now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Smyths Ireland are now taking pre-orders for some Wave 3 Amiibos!

Just as a note, they don't ship outside of Ireland, but again, I may consider helping people out should US/UK stocks run out. I doubt many of the Wave 3 guys will sell here.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I was able to find a few Luigis at my local gamestop, and one and Toys R Us while Christmas shopping.

Gentlemen, I bought that sucker at the speed of light.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently some new shipments of Marth have come in (not sure where, this is likely European as I got it from a European Facebook), and they actually improved his face, most notably the eyes.

Original:

New and Improved:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Apparently some new shipments of Marth have come in (not sure where, this is likely European as I got it from a European Facebook), and they actually improved his face, most notably the eyes.

Original:

New and Improved:

My friend had a theory that the reason Marth and Villager were being discontinued was so they could update their models because they were so bad looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom