• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Simply put this thread is for discussing the following:
  • Keeping up with the latest amiibo news
  • Waiting for new amiibo
  • Discussing the pre-mentioned topics
  • Helping other users make their first amiibo friend
With that said, welcome!

Currently Waiting For: Wave 2B and then Wave 3

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I preordered a Pit Amiibo at Toys R Us. They sent me an email a few weeks ago that the release date was set for December 2nd. Today is December 2nd.....

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I preordered a Pit Amiibo at Toys R Us. They sent me an email a few weeks ago that the release date was set for December 2nd. Today is December 2nd.....
Perhaps they had Dec. 2nd as a placeholder? Also, Amazon has some of the Wave 2 amiibo placed for the 14th. Either way,
Strange.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
They originally had December 31st as a placeholder then shifted to December 2nd. Is there even an official release date yet?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
See, that's the problem, Nintendo hasn't even given us a solid date.
I know right. I'm just waiting because I gave my sister ownership over the Link Amiibo we have and said I'll wait for the Pit to come in. Haven't been able to join in the Amiibo training goodness yet.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I know right. I'm just waiting because I gave my sister ownership over the Link Amiibo we have and said I'll wait for the Pit to come in. Haven't been able to join in the Amiibo training goodness yet.
Don't worry, your Pit shall dominate! I think I'll name mine... Fried Angel.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Just going to pre-order the set, since I made the mistake of not doing so for the initial line. That feeling when Marth and Villager still elude you.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Diddy Kong Amiibo

May god have mercy on your friends soul.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I'm interested in this set: I was kind of disappointed with the Amiibo functions in Smash and there aren't any figures I'd want to own just to have them.

When the secret characters start rolling out, though, I'll be broke.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Zelda Amiibo... Im counting the days

fuuma

Smash Rookie
I have the whole set preordered and i'm looking forward to getting them. I don't really care about the functionality in games as im currently only into them for collecting purposes. As a videogame collector in general I love these figures and think they are great. Looking forward to getting my Little Mac as it's not the most common figure in general.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Heh, the advantages that come with living in the UK in an area where not many Smash fans live...all of the first wave amiibo are in stock, even Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer~ I have Marth and Link already.

Speaking of the Marth amiibo, who doesn't look all that bad in real life...

I have two Marth amiibos because my parents ordered one for me, and the other for my younger cousin. However, I told them that Marth doesn't work with Mario Kart 8, which is what my cousin wanted, so they ordered him Mario, and left me with two Marths. The second one came today, and he has a lighter skin tone than the other Marth amiibo.

One has a more orangey skin tone(brought from Argos), and the other has the more pasty skin tone, as shown in the product art thing(brought from Amazon). Anyone find this?

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
wait, they removed the huge pole sticking out of falcon's ass?

Cool, but I'm still gonna have to do some good old fashioned home surgery on that figure when I get it. Gonna amputate that scarf off.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
wait, they removed the huge pole sticking out of falcon's ***?

Cool, but I'm still gonna have to do some good old fashioned home surgery on that figure when I get it. Gonna amputate that scarf off.
I believe he will still have that pole; the picture in the OP seems to be of the display models, since Luigi, Zelda, Pit, and Diddy don't have their support plastic either.

-

I'm looking forward to getting the good Captain though. Can't wait to show him my moves.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I believe he will still have that pole; the picture in the OP seems to be of the display models, since Luigi, Zelda, Pit, and Diddy don't have their support plastic either.

-

I'm looking forward to getting the good Captain though. Can't wait to show him my moves.
My apologies, I couldn't find a good image of the production models all together.

Greninja? Where are you? :4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja:
I would assume Wave 4, which (based off of my predictions) comes out in March 2015. Then again, that's just my guess.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Ayyyyy don't worry about it m8, it's not like you're obligated to show the production models. Nintendo advertises the non-plastic supported ones anyway.
Actually, for Wave 3, they used the production quality models to advertise. So, they're listening :)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
So wave 3 is the best wave and waves after can just say goodbye (i made a joke).

Marthmario

Smash Lord
That makes sense; let's the customer know what they're getting.
Yea, it does! I'm happy to see where the weird poles will be, but they don't bother me much anyway.
Time to look out for defect amiibos that I can for over a couple thousand dollars!
Either no legs or two right arms.
So wave 3 is the best wave and waves after can just say goodbye (i made a joke).
Well, you'll have all your mains from 64 to Wii U by Wave 3! Lucky....

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Yea, it does! I'm happy to see where the weird poles will be, but they don't bother me much anyway.
True enough. The supports don't bother me much either; I'm glad they took steps to make them more durable. Granted, it might've been more desirable to make the plastic clear on all of the figures, but it doesn't detract from them in my opinion.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
True enough. The supports don't bother me much either; I'm glad they took steps to make them more durable. Granted, it might've been more desirable to make the plastic clear on all of the figures, but it doesn't detract from them in my opinion.
I especially love what they did with DK's stand.

Also, OP updated with Wave 3 figures!

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I'm not sure; I hope so and think they might since they're making amiibo of all the fighters. It'd be pretty neat if you'd be able to order a custom Mii amiibo too.
I mean I could see them doing this; however they'd probably be more expensive.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm only waiting for the third wave to come out so I can get that Ike, Mega Man and Rosalina amiibos.

Now all I need is to see Lucina's and I'll be good to go.

EDIT: Oh...and I also plan to get the Shulk amiibo too.

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I'm excited! I have 7 amiibo already n they r fun as Hell

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I'm only waiting for the third wave to come out so I can get that Ike, Mega Man and Rosalina amiibos.

Now all I need is to see Lucina's and I'll be good to go.

EDIT: Oh...and I also plan to get the Shulk amiibo too.
I guess you've got a galaxy under your dress where hope rides alone and will never die, because it's really feeling it.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'm still hoping they make amiibo for the Koopalings, would love to get my hands on an Iggy one too alongside my Captain Falcon and Shulk amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom