• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadPandaz

Smash Rookie
For f**** sake are they just gonna give up on amiibo entirely within a couple months?!

There's also this news.
Wow that is intense, the headline just floored me.
Still people like me would prefer the physical trophy anyhow. This is just going to rise the prices for Marth and the other rare ones.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Where'd you guys get the Falcon amiibos?
Literally just walked in and picked one up, no pre-order or anything. Same for Pit.

I live in Ireland though, and none of the online stores I know of here would ship abroad.

Like I said, I kinda have easy pickings as long as I have money - lesser known characters are not gonna sell here in Ireland. Plus, my local Smyths (large toystore chain in Britain and Ireland) is actually on the outskirts of town, and not many would like to walk. The Amiibos are also kind of out of the way (I couldn't find them at first, even though they were right behind me - they have tons of Skylanders and Disney Infinity though).

With the exception of the elusive 3 (Marth, WFT, Villager - they are rare even here), the only Amiibo absent from my local Smyths today was Kirby. Though he is available online and in other stores across the country. They even had all of Wave 2 there, they just came out today.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
How much was shipping? Last week I tried to get the rare 3 from wave 1 but the shipping costs turned me to a Japanese ebay seller who sold them for $27 shipped for Villager, $27 shipped for Wii Fit Trainer and $32 shipped for Marth.
Shipping, at least for Falcon, was 8 dollars. It looks like the ones from the newest wave are slightly more for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
For f**** sake are they just gonna give up on amiibo entirely within a couple months?!

There's also this news.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._could_be_released_in_card_form_says_miyamoto
At first I thought this was really stupid, but then I realized this is just going to be an alterable form of them, for those who wants to buy multiple characters in cheaper packs. Think: E-Reader cards. It works for those on a budget and only cares for the functionality.

Figures are still gonna be the main part of Amiibos. The only crappy thing about this is that they aren't giving certain characters a 2nd print run. :/ I still want Marth

Last edited:

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
why shulk is not in play asia website? really want to pre order this one...
Because Shulk is a Gamestop exclusive Amiibo so I doubt anyone but them would have it.

Uhg, for those of you who were able to get Pit, Falcon, and Luigi today be lucky. My Gamestop told me their shipment hasn't even come in they and it'll still be a while. The only one out of wave 2 that they have is Zelda. I might end up having to just buy it online.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Because Shulk is a Gamestop exclusive Amiibo so I doubt anyone but them would have it.

Uhg, for those of you who were able to get Pit, Falcon, and Luigi today be lucky. My Gamestop told me their shipment hasn't even come in they and it'll still be a while. The only one out of wave 2 that they have is Zelda. I might end up having to just buy it online.
so rosalina metaknight and lucario, but they are on the website and play asia sell japanese amiibo too.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac is in stock on Amazon right now.
Thank you thank you thank you! I was able to pick one up. With 48 total characters I have about 12. I'm trying to go after the harder to find ones first then get the common ones. I think Luigi is only rare now due to shipment issues. I think he becomes a staple on shelves after the holidays. So far the only rare ones I need which could potentially go extinct is Pit and Falcon. If I have to I will buy Japanese I don't care about keeping them in the box forever. I plan to use all of them and level them all up to 50.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
For anyone who was looking for the Rosalina Amiibo...
http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/19/targets-official-statement-on-rosalina/

Looks like her pre-orders online at Target are officially gone as of this moment. I checked the Target listing for her as well and it does now say "Not Sold Online".

If anyone is still looking to pre-order her and doesn't mind paying a slight extra cost, she seems to still be available for Import on these websites:

Amazon Germany:
http://www.amazon.de/amiibo-Smash-Rosalina-C-Figur/dp/B00Q6A56C0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419015603&sr=8-1&keywords=rosalina amiibo

Amazon France:
http://www.amazon.fr/Amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-Harmonie/dp/B00Q6A56C0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419015672&sr=8-1&keywords=rosalina amiibo

Nin-Nin Game:
http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...rio-super-smash-bros-series-ver-wii-u-en.html

I was just lucky I happened to be up at like 5 am this morning and managed to snag Rosie before she was all out on Target. XP
Good Luck to anyone still looking for her!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Went into a mall strip with Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Toys R US, as well as a local Meijer. All they had was Zelda.

Overheard a group of employees at Best Buy saying they received a shipment of Luigi (who's pre-order still went through for me at Toys R US), but that they can't have them out yet or something. Asked an employee, and they said they had no idea when the next shipment would be in since it's all done by UPS rather than warehouses.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Overheard a group of employees at Best Buy saying they received a shipment of Luigi (who's pre-order still went through for me at Toys R US), but that they can't have them out yet or something. Asked an employee, and they said they had no idea when the next shipment would be in since it's all done by UPS rather than warehouses.
I had the same issue but bought Luigi at TRU anyway. Also got a Falcon one at Target, but it was the last one they had. Havent found any Pit yet.

Also to ask a question I did in another thread:

Also as an odd side note, one of the wal-marts near me just rearranged their stickers but suspiciously kept the holy trinity's up. You guys think it means anything?
Also has anybody else seen this? If it means getting Marth and Villager without resorting to scalpers that would be wonderful.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Toys R US on Ebay was taking Lucario pre-orders, but 5 seconds later, as I was typing in info, they sold out. Says about 350+ were sold, about 100+ within an hour.

Still looks like they have Falcon and Dedede pre-orders however.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
In the US, it seems like Pit still hasn't shipped. I wanted Zelda, Falcon, and Pit from this set, and I got Zelda on Sunday and managed to track a Falcon down today. I saw a few Luigi and several Diddy, but no Pit (or Little Mac).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Do you know if Zelda is going to be limited or they'll keep making more of her?
You're talking to a Gamestop employee - Gamestop is for the most part pretty dumb on these things. I'm just saying for now anyone wants Shulk to pre-order him now because chances are we won't get any shipped in. Zelda is not an exclusive, and she seems to have enough popularity. All my local stores have her, so I doubt they'll stop her.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
You're talking to a Gamestop employee - Gamestop is for the most part pretty dumb on these things. I'm just saying for now anyone wants Shulk to pre-order him now because chances are we won't get any shipped in. Zelda is not an exclusive, and she seems to have enough popularity. All my local stores have her, so I doubt they'll stop her.
Thanks.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
OK, so here's today's story of my Amiibo hunt:
I hit Toys R Us cuz I figure I'd get lucky and they'd have my Pit Amiibo a day early since they said they'll get him the 20th. Pit, Luigi, and the good Captain are lost in shipping limbo. No other Wave 2s either.
Go to Gamestop, still no luck, but I find Zelda no problem. I ask for Fox for a friend who said he was looking for Fox. The guy says they're out but tells me to go to another one 30 minutes away cuz the system says they have it.
I go there and still no Fox, and they send me to another one that was down the street. From there and STILL no Fox. And they send me to ANOTHER Gamestop. At that point I just say screw it and stop trying. Still no Pit in sight.
But then I go to Target in hopes of getting Rosalina preordered. The employee said he didn't even know Rosalina was announced and had no idea what I was talking about. Out of Wave 3, only Diddy was in stock but I dont give a **** about him. He suggests I try on the website for Rosalina but we all know they're sold out. As I was leaving, he said "Your best chancr is just finding the Amiibos online. Though they'll probably cost you $40 at least!" That's reassuring...

At least I picked up Zelda though she'll probably be common as ****. Oh well...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't catch anything new at my local Meijer store at noon today. Went back for milk and bread tonight and found that they now had 4 Luigi and 1 Diddy Kong.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Which Store is the best for getting wave 3 amiibo preorders made? I have the non exclusives are ordered at Gamestop, but If GS is really that bad I will look for another store. Its mostly a debate between Walmart and Best Buy.

Last edited:

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Called This morning and My Pit Amiibo can be picked up. So last for this wave is Falcon.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Which Store is the best for getting wave 3 amiibo preorders made? I have the non exclusives are ordered at Gamestop, but If GS is really that bad I will look for another store. Its mostly a debate between Walmart and Best Buy.
Based on all the testimonies I've read on the Amiibo Inquirer website, it seems like Wal-Mart and Gamestop are the two companies in the USA that handle customers with the most respect. Both Target and Toys-R-Us have lost many customers due to a slurry of cancellations and even selling people's preorders out from under them! Best Buy seems to be hit and miss, but hasn't done anything to piss off vast numbers of customers, so I would say that Best Buy is still a decent place to preorder with, as well.

I started out just wanting DK, Ike, and Mewtwo, but now I'm not sure... All these amiibo selling out, potentially going out of print, SHIGERU MIYAMOTO SAYING THEY'RE GOING TO GO TO FLIPPING TRADING CARDS (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE, BUDDY; IT'S A VERY NICHE MARKET). The actual trophy-style amiibo are what people want, what they are going nuts over, what they are buying. Selling customers flipping trading cards because you refuse to meet demand only ENCOURAGES scalpers to buy up retail stock and charge exorbitant prices on eBay! Meanwhile, the kids, parents, and single adult consumers that are giving you millions of dollars in profits CAN'T FIND ANY NEW FIGURES ON SHELVES.

Nintendo needs to ramp up production after Christmas or something. They screwed up by underestimating demand in America before Christmas, of all things, and I'm just not sure the reputation of amiibo as a brand will ever recover if it continues like this or gets worse.

Compare the way amiibo have been handled to how Nintendo has handled the GC controllers and adapters:

GCC/Adapters: We are making more, we will ship them soon, talk with retailers to order, and rumors of a 4 controller/adapter bundle in the works

amiibo: some figures might never be made again, we decide which ones but WE WON'T TELL YOU WHICH, "waves" will forever be split up willy-nilly due to limited shelf space, and oh, don't worry, if Marth or Pit are your favorite characters, we'll be happy to sell you TRADING CARDS LATER ON as if that is any equivocation, AS IF the electronic amiibo functionality was the main selling point for most people AT ALL

I am a tad miffed.

I didn't want to get them all, but the fact that I may never be able to get them all even if I wanted to pay full price for all of them is just insane to me. It is driving me nuts. Smash Bros. is about as mainstream as video games get, in the realm of character franchise products. These amiibo out to have big time shelf space, if those sales figures are anything to go by. Nintendo ought to re-negotiate ASAP with as many retailers as possible.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Haven't gotten Falcon, Luigi or Pit yet despite having them pre-ordered. I know Luigi is out in some places, since I saw him on Thursday at Toys R Us.

Still, Nintendo is handling this whole fiasco very poorly. This **** is worse than Furbies or Tickle Me Elmo.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
That rant is on point. Nintendo should have the clout to have more shelf space than what they currently get. Skylanders and Disney each have at least 4-5 times the shelf space. There are literally hundreds of figures for those brands and mere dozens for Nintendo.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Which amiibo should I get asap. I only have Link and Dk, but I did manage to order WFT and Villager for a reasonable price, Marth on the other hand was $39 with free shipping. I plan on preordering Shulk, so should I get CF, Little Mac, and Pit? Or are there any ones that seem like they'll be retired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom