• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Upcoming Game Release Timeline - Now with confirmed DLC!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
i think we get diddy or dixie kong this friday
We are not getting a newcomer in daily pics/miiverse updates. And we are not getting another Nintendo Direct either.. so...

Diddy Kong, it is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We are not getting a newcomer in daily pics/miiverse updates. And we are not getting another Nintendo Direct either.. so...

Diddy Kong, it is.
There is the slight chance we'll get Falco, Wolf or Ganondorf but Diddy does seem the most likely. So because Sakurai, it's Ganondorf.

Shroob

Sup?
Like I said, I'd love to put money on Diddy this Friday, but Sakurai has yet to reveal a character in correlation to a US release date.... Still... first for everything I guess.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Like I said, I'd love to put money on Diddy this Friday, but Sakurai has yet to reveal a character in correlation to a US release date.... Still... first for everything I guess.
Perhaps not this Friday, but we will still get a veteran this month, be it Diddy or some other random character.

If not this week, next week then.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
We aren't getting anyone this week.

I'd be thrilled if Falco was revealed soon though

Shroob

Sup?
We aren't getting anyone this week.

I'd be thrilled if Falco was revealed soon though
Don't be so sure. While Sakurai has yet to reveal a character to coincide with a US release, consider the following:

Zelda was revealed but 8 days after Rosalina.

Already this week we've seen a new item.

So far lately, whenever a character is going to be revealed, the week leading up to it has new information. Lucario's week had a new item, new stage, more info about the then current Newcomer, and new info about a stage. Mac's week had new info about a stage, item, and veteran's move. Obviously, it could be a coincidence, but this week we've gotten info on the current newcomer, and a new item already. That would just leave a stage if we're going by what happened with Lucario's week.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Metal Gear Sokld V: Ground Zeroes comes out on the 20th of March. Wonder if Snake will return.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea I guess that's possible too.

Anyway 2 more things to add to the list

Super metroid anniversary march 19th in japan April 18th in North America

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
it's worth to note that we've gotten 2 character releases each month for the past 3... hope this trend continues.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why isn't Wario listed for March? He has TWO anniversaries coming up. One of which has a good chance of him being revealed. (Wario Ware)

Staarih

Smash Master
^ Speaking of Wario, I noticed that the list doesn't have the Japanese release of Mario Party: Island Tour (March 20th), so that's an option too. But now I noticed that Pokémon Battle Trozei comes out then, so maybe it's better for a Pokémon character to be revealed on that date and Wario saved for another date.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'd say Yoshi in March is pretty much guaranteed at this point now.
Yep because diddy kong and luigi were revealed for usa game releases

So it does not need to be japan game release date for a character reveal (in other words if we don't get yoshi on the 14th it will be whenever the Japan release is) but yoshi is now a lock for the 14th

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It would seem that anniversaries haven't yet been a strong indicator. Releases and "just whenever" seem to be where it's at.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing I'm most looking forward to? Once the 14th rolls around and we get the potential Yoshi reveal, if he gets revealed, after that, there's no more 'obvious' reveals. We'll be completely in the dark when it comes to who will be revealed next.... and this pleases me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll start reveling more than 2 vets a month closer to release or if some of them will be revealed afterwards as unlockable.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I was saving Wario for May for the release of Mario Kart 8.
Yoshi has March on lock, I'm just not sure if they will release a second character that month too.
I love Wario's chances for May more.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I PREDICT:

March 14th: Yoshi
March 28th: Random veteran
April 9th: Newcomer (Direct)
April 25th: Random veteran
May 2nd: Meta Knight
May 16th: Random veteran
E3 Direct: Newcomer(s)

Random veterans will be either Wario, Ice Climbers, Ness or Lucas.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok tomorrow we might see a new pokeball item pokemon Or a new stage tomorrow

Because it's the pokemon anniversary tomorrow

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd love for Sakurai to end the month on a surprise bang, but I don't consider anniversaries to be a consistent prediction, unlike release dates... Granted, I'd be going off the walls hype for a reveal tomorrow, I must admit.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Fire Emblem has its anniversary at April 20. Thats a sunday....so IF we gonna get a announcement (i hope for Lucina) than it will probably the next day.

Top Bottom