• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Upcoming Game Release Timeline - Now with confirmed DLC!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Now don't put this on the OP but on the 6th

:mewtwopm:Happy birthday:mewtwopm:
HO **** GUYS TRAILER TOMORROW! :colorful:

Personally, I want my Direct in March to correlate with the expected Palutena reveal, as well as to elaborate on other games such as Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8. It's probably not that wishful to imagine Bayonetta 2 release date and SMTxFE clarification?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
HO **** GUYS TRAILER TOMORROW! :colorful:

Personally, I want my Direct in March to correlate with the expected Palutena reveal, as well as to elaborate on other games such as Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario Kart 8. It's probably not that wishful to imagine Bayonetta 2 release date and SMTxFE clarification?
No no no don't overhype nothing may happen tomorrow.

My post edit to explain the happy birthday mewtwo

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yes, sarcasm there. I've learned my lesson about hyping speculative things already.

Still tho, that would be awesome if we did get a Mewtwo reveal. Don't lie to me boy!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Bravely passed without incident but there's rumours that something may be announced for Valentines Day. Personally I think it'll just be more Link/Peach.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I think we can all agree the next character revealed will be Diddy, and Yoshi for sure in March.
But since there are no other major releases between Tropical Freeze and New Island I don't think we will be seeing another character between those two.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
When I said next I meant after the DKC character reveal
Indeed a bundle for the 3ds and a game coming out that's screaming good time to announce yoshi to me

Ofcoarse just a remind the most likely times for character reveals is directs so any before you in February or 10 days before the 14th of MarchMarch say hello to either a newcomer 5 or the next unexpected veteran.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I think we can all agree the next character revealed will be Diddy, and Yoshi for sure in March.
But since there are no other major releases between Tropical Freeze and New Island I don't think we will be seeing another character between those two.
Dat StarFox anniversary is promising. Falco or Krystal would be amazing.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I would not get hopes up for Yoshi in March. It is still very possible, but that's an American exclusive date. All the reveals so far have been Japanese.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would not get hopes up for Yoshi in March. It is still very possible, but that's an American exclusive date. All the reveals so far have been Japanese.
My thoughts exactly.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is the only one but

Luigi was not just revealed for luigi day he was reveLed for Mario's bros dream team August 7 4 days before the release of that game in usa and it was already released in japan

Last edited:

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Seeing as Yoshi's New Island is nowhere in sight for Japan, I'd think they would release him to the world.

Unless they are doing a huge overhaul of his character and throwing Baby Mario on his back, then by all means take your time with him.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
My personal guess is that Yoshi will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct prior to New Island's international release which would explain his early, non-Japan-release tied showing. In this Direct, they'll show various Yoshi things, such as some more New Island footage, the true revelation of the rumoured Yoshi Limited Edition 3DS XL system, perhaps finally some more footage of the Yarn Yoshi game, MAYBE they'll finally announce 2014 as the Year of Yoshi, and last but not least they'll show Yoshi for Super Smash Brothers 4! (At the very least, I'm expecting the New Island footage and LE 3DS XL alongside the SSB4 reveal for him.)

... damnit, I'm making myself want that next Nintendo Direct even more!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yoshi's New Island isn't due out in Japan until the summer? Wow, so Yoshi's probably not going to be revealed until more than a year after the other original 7 were. That's actually kind of funny.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yoshi's New Island isn't due out in Japan until the summer? Wow, so Yoshi's probably not going to be revealed until more than a year after the other original 7 were. That's actually kind of funny.
Don't think like that luigi was revealed for a usa release game which is mario bros dream team and luigi day

So if yoshi gets the same type of direct another usa release date game

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We desperately need a Nintendo Direct.

All the upcoming dates are anniversaries.
Remember lucario and peach help the possibility of keeping an eye on anniversary's

So falco and wolf need to be thought about on the star fox anniversary

Double post

OK the drums are rolling for possible diddy kong tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
That was.. a very unnecessary double post.

I'm gonna laugh if Diddy Kong isn't revealed tomorrow though. He probably will be, but it'll be funny if he won't. I just hope we'll get a new Nintendo Direct soon, I wonder what's taking Nintendo so long. I want my Nintendo news delivered directly to me already!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That was.. a very unnecessary double post.

I'm gonna laugh if Diddy Kong isn't revealed tomorrow though. He probably will be, but it'll be funny if he won't. I just hope we'll get a new Nintendo Direct soon, I wonder what's taking Nintendo so long. I want my Nintendo news delivered directly to me already!
I think they're taking longer to try and get some more stuff to talk about to make more people buy more WiiUs. Personally, I'd make Wii Sports and Wii Fit regular Disk games so the casuals aren't so confused.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW!

DIDDY KONG TOMORROW?
DIXIE KONG TOMORROW?

PLACE YOUR BETS FOLKS!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I still think it's possible for a Diddy reveal. Tropical Freeze isn't out here yet, and while Sakurai hasn't released characters to coincide with US release dates, there's a first for everything. Hell, Zelda was revealed only 8 days after Rosalina.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I still think it's possible for a Diddy reveal. Tropical Freeze isn't out here yet, and while Sakurai hasn't released characters to coincide with US release dates, there's a first for everything. Hell, Zelda was revealed only 8 days after Rosalina.
Correct

As a matter of fact luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario bros dream team

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'm still in Little Mac shock.

But I would love to see how fury Diddy is this time around.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BTW The original Punch Out Arcade was released 30 years ago this month so Lil' Mac's reveal was an anniversary one. (Though the character himself appeared three years later.)

And E3 is at June 10-12 if you want to add exact dates.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I'm not mistaken, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is coming out to America in 2/21/14 right? If that's the case, we may get a reveal for Diddy or another DKC character at that point. I know we were expecting him during the direct, but in hindsight, it makes a lot more sense to show a new character during a time like that. Someone said 2/13 was also the anniversary of Punch-Out!! too, but I'm not entirely sure of that.

Still, after February, Yoshi seems plausible, with one of his games coming out soon in March if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom