• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Upcoming Game Release Timeline - Now with confirmed DLC!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
@ PikaJew PikaJew You should move iceclimbers to April since it got "leaked" that they will be revealed on that day. The leaker correctly guessed that a NES remix 2 would be announced so there is a little credence to this.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Ah maannnnnn, the Fire Emblem/Mother anniversary is on a weekend. Sakurai doesn't reveal anything on weekends. ;-;

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Y'know I wouldn't be surprised if he's not revealed the day Yoshi's New Island releases, but rather on the inevitable Nintendo Direct this month announcing the "Year of Yoshi"

Shroob

Sup?
Y'know I wouldn't be surprised if he's not revealed the day Yoshi's New Island releases, but rather on the inevitable Nintendo Direct this month announcing the "Year of Yoshi"
Is there even a source for year or yoshi or is it just speculation?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Is there even a source for year or yoshi or is it just speculation?
It's pure speculation. There is Yarn Yoshi that's supposedly coming out sometime this year. (granted we haven't heard any new info whatsoever since it was announced.)

Yarn Yoshi leads people to believe that with two announced Yoshi games for 2014, "Year of Yoshi" seems plausible.

Shroob

Sup?
So, Yoshi and Wario this month? I have a hard time believing that we'll get veterans back to back, but stranger things have happened.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
March 13 - Wario Land Anniversary (NA)
March 21 - WarioWare Anniversary (JP)
March 23 - Star Fox Anniversary (NA)
April 20 - Mother 3 Anniversary
April 20 - Fire Emblem Anniversary
April 27 - Kirby Anniversary
April 28 - Game & Watch "Ball" Anniversary
May 22 - Pac-Man Anniversary (JP)
May 31 - WarioWare Anniversary (NA)
June 3 - Balloon Fight Anniversary (NA)
June 18 - Wrecking Crew Anniversary (JP)
July 9 - Donkey Kong Anniversary
July 26 - R.O.B. Anniversary (JP)
July 27 - Mother Anniversary (JP)
July - Kid Icarus Anniversary (NA)
August 6 - Metroid Anniversary (JP)
August 13 - F-Zero Anniversary (NA)
August 15 - Yoshi's Island Anniversary (JP)
...It would be great if you could label #th on every games' anniversaries, like Luigi's 30th anniversary

Shroob

Sup?
...It would be great if you could label #th on every games' anniversaries, like Luigi's 30th anniversary
I agree with this. Just because a game has an anniversary doesn't mean much. Sure, certain numbered anniversaries could in theory be special, but say, a series' 11th anniversary? Nothing special about that. Also, besides the Brawl one, I don't even believe in Anniversaries linking to reveals.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I agree with this. Just because a game has an anniversary doesn't mean much. Sure, certain numbered anniversaries could in theory be special, but say, a series' 11th anniversary? Nothing special about that. Also, besides the Brawl one, I don't even believe in Anniversaries linking to reveals.
EXACTLY what I'm thinking, I don't want to bother figuring out how much likely is character's reveal based on anniversary when another character has much higher chance due to their game's release date or # anniversary round to 5's.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Wednesday, March 19th is the 20th Anniversary of Super Metroid in Japan. So maybe if they have a Nintendo Direct that same day... you can guess what would happen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wednesday, March 19th is the 20th Anniversary of Super Metroid in Japan. So maybe if they have a Nintendo Direct that same day... you can guess what would happen.
sorry dude I am 100% sure theres going to be no direct next week besides wario or Yoshi maybe be ready for the curtain to rise on the 20th for the next Mario party game in japan

However..... next month is almost guaranteed for a Nintendo direct. and since Ridley is more wanted in the west. April 18th is the usa 20th anniversary of super Metroid so if a Nintendo direct is April 18th that's might be a bag breather moment.

Staarih

Smash Master
sorry dude I am 100% sure theres going to be no direct next week besides wario or Yoshi maybe be ready for the curtain to rise on the 20th for the next Mario party game in japan
Never say never! I feel like we're going to be surprised during the last weeks of March. Here's hoping at least. A month with no character reveals would be dull. Then again, April would probably be a blast in that case.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there's any anniversaries we missed this month.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Wow. I noticed that alot is going on at March 20th. All I can say is that we shall all wait and see. Besides, I am not gonna jump into any conclusions, but it does sound quite exciting, no doubt.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
A note for nes remix 2 in April Kirby's adventure for the nes is in it so meta knight is possible

So almost to the think to be guarenteed lock day for a characters wario looks the best for the 20th since his anniversary is right next door to mario party island tour.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
A note for nes remix 2 in April Kirby's adventure for the nes is in it so meta knight is possible

So almost to the think to be guarenteed lock day for a characters wario looks the best for the 20th since his anniversary is right next door to mario party island tour.
Pretty sure Metroid comes with NES Remix 2 as well. So there's that.

(and Kid Icarus too? Can't remember.)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
damn... that's a lot of characters that were missed out on today
Either tomorrow or next week we will probably going to get are character

And this is a huge eye opener for impossible to predict him so i think it could be anyone revealed on any day at this point.

Top Bottom