• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Super Smash Bros Balancing Committee- Anything and everything!

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Corrin is fine. I think it has all the potential to be a threat but not overwhelming. I think the "nerfs" in this patch just perfected what the balance team wanted: a rather slow aerial combo fighter that base his gameplan mainly on Dragon Lunge. I vote for my waifu main :rosalina: I want to talk about her

EDIT: 200 posts yahoo!

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:4corrin: got nerfed, seemingly for no reason, but the nerfs didn't hurt anything about his/her normal playstyle. He/she is still a force to reckon with in the air, the counter usually never mattered in competitive play anyways (and it's still quite strong), and his/her range is still ridiculous to make up for speed nerfs. I think Corrin is fine right now, a solid high tier competitor.

Voting for the Guardian of the Mario Galaxy, :rosalina:.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Corn's fine. Probably the best Fire Emblem character next to Ike.

I'll vote Space God, too.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Kinda wish they did not nerf U-air, but she barely changed and people are overeacting.

EDIT:Voting :rosalina:and I am prepared to defend her from the people saying nerf

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Corrin's fine as she is. Any buffs could easily make her a bit too powerful imo.

Hopping on the :rosalina: train, I guess!

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
:rosalina:Rosalina is fine honestly. She doesn't have many bad match ups besides Cloud :4cloud: and Meta Knight :4metaknight:. Rosalina also hasn't been nerfed at all lately throughout the patches so she still same. Most people who complain about Rosalina anyway are the people who don't know the match-up aka noobs or using characters that simply cannot deal with her because they don't have the tools to combat Rosalina efficiently or at all. Voting for :4ness: Forehead Boy Wonder.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
:rosalina: has the stigma of being a puppet character/tag team. No matter how bad the character will be, people will always complain. Fighting two characters when you are alone will always appear unfair, no perspective will change this.
In the current metagame, she's fine. She has a very high skill ceiling, the only reason she is so hated is because she possess also a low skill floor and noobs got recked. Seriously, between noobs you have just to press A and spam Star Bits to win. At high level, the shortcomings of the character start to matter. Her strenght still greatly outshines her weaknesses, obviously, but she is not unstoppable.

Just get rid of Luma first.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My only problem with Rosalina is just her air mobility being too weak; it's ranked below average when compared to the rest of the cast.

I'll probably get some hate for saying this, but I often think that Rosalina should've had the 3rd fastest air speed (losing only to Yoshi and Jigglypuff). It would at least make it easier for Rosalina to make safe landings, and be less reliant on Launch Star (which doesn't deal any damage) for her recovery.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I don't think :rosalina: should be NERFED perse, but I do think that the balance should be shifted slightly away from Luma (especially base knockback) and toward Rosalina (frame data and air speed). This would nerf her a tad with Luma but buff her without it, keeping the character as a whole around the same potential without being obnoxious, which I feel is the best compromise for those who think she's top tier and those who defend her not being top tier.

Voting :4sheik:.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Despite the fact that Rosalina is (almost undeniably) the second best in the game, I don't think she warrants a nerf, because unless most of the top tiers, she actually requires skill and has noticeable weaknesses. I agree that the Rosalina/Luma balance is too strong in Luma's favor, though. More like Luma & Rosalina.
Forehead Boy Wonder.
I'm going to steal that from you.

Voting for Mario.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Rosa has been nerfed and re buffed many times before and has two really troubling matchups from two higher tier characters. She warrants no nerfs.

Voting for - :4sheik:

Rhinomaster22

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rhinomaster22
Despite the fact that Rosalina is (almost undeniably) the second best in the game, I don't think she warrants a nerf, because unless most of the top tiers, she actually requires skill and has noticeable weaknesses. I agree that the Rosalina/Luma balance is too strong in Luma's favor, though. More like Luma & Rosalina.

I'm going to steal that from you.

Voting for Mario.
I'm gonna need a small loan of $5.99 for you to take that. Kappa:happysheep:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Rosaluma at all or find her "cheap" (She actually takes a lot of skill to play at a competent level and I deeply respect her mains that have to deal with all the unjustified hate), but I think she's just simply a wee bit too strong as of now, I'd like for her to be slightly nerfed, although, I do think she's not urgently in need of nerfs or anything like that, I simply want all characters regardless of how much skill it takes to master them to be equal at some point, which will probably never happen, but I can dream right?

Here's her results https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nhS5XNOZHNSHanaLW1-cKMuSU6vNPW-2pmYGH-oDZiY/viewanalytics
Here's Sheik's poll http://goo.gl/forms/MluNmPafsr

You can vote for Mario, Mario, Mario, and maybe one of his friends, also Mario.
:4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4mario::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4sonic::4villagerf::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
I was gonna vote for Mario, but I decided to vote for Mario instead.

Last edited:

Eugene Wang

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is where she should be. There are plenty of confirms into bouncing fish, but she needs to work to set them up if she wants kills. Her other options for kills are going for hard reads, and edgeguarding. Her neutral is good, but at least now there's distinct counterplay to fairplane spamming and needle camping.

I vote :4miibrawl:

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Sheik is fine imo, the last patch balanced her perfectly. Maybe you could make her Smash attacks kill 3-4% earlier or something, but that would probably be just changing things for the sake of changing things. I think it would be better if she was just left alone at this point.

I vote :4charizard:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
She's still a little too good. Give her forward air more ending lag and shell be fine.

I don't know what, but something's telling me to vote for Mario.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:4sheik: is pretty good in terms of balance. She's now a character who can rack up damage well, and now that she has a slightly worse time killing and approaching she's not oppressive anymore. She is still a great character deserving of no nerfs, and she still gets lots of great representation from her players that have stuck with her through the nerfs.

Voting :4zelda:.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I feel Sneaky Sheiky is fine, but I don't know there's also a part of me that feels nerfing her combo game was not the best idea.

Ok yes her combo game was REALLY good, but there was kind of a reason behind it. Sheik doesn't exactly have the best kill options. Yes she's got kill moves, but they're either laggy, risky, or both. So compensating for a good combo game felt appropriate.

It's sort of like Pikachu's issue (Although I argue Pikachu has it worse due to having not as many disjointed hit boxes) but they're both characters who can rack up damage well with good combos, but can sometimes struggle at getting the KO.

The needle range decrease I can get but nerfing her better combo set ups, I feel might have taken it a bit too far. It's probably just me though you're welcome to disagree it's just what I think.

Also I vote :4palutena: because I'm bias like that :p

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
MarioMeteor MarioMeteor hold your horses. Sheik was nerfed enough. Speaking off, might be the only weird one asking for Sheik buffs but here I go. Remove the helpless from Side B. It doesn't aid recovery so what is the point?

I vote Lucina.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Would decreasing the endlag on needles a little bit be a bad idea? Would it make them too good? If not, that would be nice.
Voting for my favorite fire emblem character, :4mario:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
MarioMeteor MarioMeteor hold your horses. Sheik was nerfed enough. Speaking off, might be the only weird one asking for Sheik buffs but here I go. Remove the helpless from Side B. It doesn't aid recovery so what is the point?

I vote Lucina.
She's still debatably top tier and still better than a huge chunk of the cast. A few more nerfs is perfectly within reason. Granted, they did a better job nerfing her than they did with Samus, but still.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
She's still debatably top tier and still better than a huge chunk of the cast. A few more nerfs is perfectly within reason. Granted, they did a better job nerfing her than they did with Samus, but still.
Just because she might still be Top Tier, doesn't mean she still needs nerfs. Sure, Sheik's still excellent, but it's not like she's the best character in the game period anymore.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I'm kind of on the fence on her combo game being nerfed, but the nerf on the Needles were just right; they aren't as absurd as a tool anymore.
She's still good, just less so.

I vote for :4mario:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Just because she might still be Top Tier, doesn't mean she still needs nerfs. Sure, Sheik's still excellent, but it's not like she's the best character in the game period anymore.
Well then, it's a good thing that's not what I'm saying. Obviously I don't think that being top tier warrants nerfs because I think Rosalina is fine, but I still think that Sheik's forward air is stupid and I'm frankly questioning why they haven't fixed it yet.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Well then, it's a good thing that's not what I'm saying. Obviously I don't think that being top tier warrants nerfs because I think Rosalina is fine, but I still think that Sheik's forward air is stupid and I'm frankly questioning why they haven't fixed it yet.
Fair was nerfed in range and it was significant. Could people just leave Sheik alone? She was nerfed in EVERY patch that has been done and I think she is much less oppressive than before.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Fair was nerfed in range and it was significant. Could people just leave Sheik alone? She was nerfed in EVERY patch that has been done and I think she is much less oppressive than before.
Same with Rosa, but Shiek in earlier patches were not nerfed as hard, but she does not need to be nerfed. Why is side b a helpless state D:.

VOTING: :4lucina:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I find it funny how nobody was nearly this defensive when Diddy got nerfed six ways to Sunday, but when Sheik gets little taps on the wrist, this happens.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey just wanted to let you guys know I probably won't be able to update on time, sorry.

Furret24

Smash Master
Personally, I'd like it if side special didn't put her into a helpless state, same for Zelda. There's no reason for them to.

Making fsmash good would be nice too.
I'm going to vote :4mario:.
:162:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sorry for how late this is, originally, my brother was going to post the results and stuff while I was down in Berlin, but, uh as you can all see, that didn't work out.
everyone in here should really just block MarioMeteor MarioMeteor , you won't regret it.
Hey, come on, that isn't nice, I'd say it's actually kind of mean. It's your first time and you might not have realized it was insulting, so I'll let it go this time, but, please don't do any sort of call out in here again, I know your better than that.

Also, so to avoid any future incidents, I think I should point out that my idea of what counts as "insulting" is a lot less lenient than most of the mods, I think anything that directly disrespects anyone else is insulting, just because others will let it fly doesn't mean I will, so please try to at least respect everyone else in the thread, at least while posting in here. Thanks.

Anyways, here's Sheik's results https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vcALeIbL-TovSv2jJDLui9RDjeH-OHy0N1hZXHgGF48/viewanalytics
Here's Mario's poll http://goo.gl/forms/2YuzZLQQfz

You can vote for these people who haven't experienced the true glory of Pasta.
:4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dk::4fox::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4megaman::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4sonic::4villagerf::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
I vote for Lucina.
Edit: Removed Sheik, thanks for pointing that out L1n3rd3r! I make this mistake a little too often. :laugh:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wish neutral air and down smash did more damage. Down smash especially, it's probably in the bottom tier of his moves right now.

I vote Ike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ugh, I like to be the last post for a day, but whatever.
Oh, go to hell. It's a wonder I haven't blocked you already.
Seriously? Right after I say that I'm a lot less lenient than the mods with this stuff? Really? Ugh, this time I can't make any excuse for you, so, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to count your votes for the next 2 weeks starting now and what I'll do will get worse if you continue to break my rules like this.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I think :4mario: could actually use with a nerf to D-air, which at the moment has negligible end lag, a useful multi hit, and good power. However, right now his small range plus only decent projectile make up for his amazing advantage state, so he's quite balanced otherwise.

Voting :4zss:, who is terrible for not giving pasta a chance.

(Sheik is still on the list of characters you can vote for.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom