• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My mum has cheated on my dad. She slept with a friend who went walking alot with. She is been given another chance to spent time with us more but i do not think it will work.
Are you sill a minor under there care? If so I am really sorry to hear that. Seeing the break down in the relationship between parents is one of the worst things a teen can grow up with

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I can read circuit diagrams but I forgot the damn codes for resistors.

I also don't have anything to build since I don't have the following

1. Circuit board (with areas marked)
2. Circuit diagram
3. Soldering iron or Solder gun
4. Solder
5. Electric Components (Resistors, Capacitors, Diodes, Coils, etc)

I also have no money to get those.

BUT!

I have at least built two things, albeit as projects back when I was still in school.

A simple radio
A simple cable tester

I have also injured my fingers either by cutting them on some metal or burning them on the solder.

Cd-blade

Smash Rookie
I recently moved to Tracy ca and know no one who plays melee out here or if there is any nearby events at all. I haven't learned to drive yet so I cannot leave this empty town. Anyone out here??

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I recently moved to Tracy ca and know no one who plays melee out here or if there is any nearby events at all. I haven't learned to drive yet so I cannot leave this empty town. Anyone out here??
I'm stuck in the predicament as you. Have you looked at how much taxis cost from your town to the nearest commutable town? For me it's about 25$ which is doable for me one way every few weeks or so.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Apparently in this state I have to register and to take the drivers Knowledge test online and stupidly enough I can't move forward with the application because the only proof of address I have is my lease and I'm not given that an option from their menu.

I called their DMV office and scheduled a call back but the wait time is more than an hour. The whole thing is really frustrating.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Apparently in this state I have to register and to take the drivers Knowledge test online and stupidly enough I can't move forward with the application because the only proof of address I have is my lease and I'm not given that an option from their menu.

I called their DMV office and scheduled a call back but the wait time is more than an hour. The whole thing is really frustrating.
Everything worked out I hope.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
hmmm...
There's a 1000 word essay due Sunday at midnight and i'm procrastinating on it.(though I got a 4th of it done)

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Not a lot of Chicago style pizza joints nearby (I live on the west side on Cincinnati, the Chicago style pizza is either up north or on the east side)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I sit by myself and barely speak here on my freshman year of college. I wish there was some magical way to fix the issues I'm facing but I guess everyone does.

All in all, I've got a hell of alot to be grateful for. I just hope that someday, hopefully within the next few years, I can finally sit at a table with real friends and just have a nice conversation without feeling like an outsider. If I get stupid lucky, which thankfully I'm good at, I'll meet a woman that I can cherish and we can help each other through the rough times.

That would be nice. :sheep:

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I sit by myself and barely speak here on my freshman year of college. I wish there was some magical way to fix the issues I'm facing but I guess everyone does.

All in all, I've got a hell of alot to be grateful for. I just hope that someday, hopefully within the next few years, I can finally sit at a table with real friends and just have a nice conversation without feeling like an outsider. If I get stupid lucky, which thankfully I'm good at, I'll meet a woman that I can cherish and we can help each other through the rough times.

That would be nice. :sheep:
Just remember that you increase your chances of making friends and meeting women by being out socially. Don't shut yourself up in a room in your free time all the time.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The Ravens lost to the ****ing Raiders. Welp, we better beat up the Bumgals or I'm gonna be even more pissed

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One of the first quizzes of my college semester and I literally did the worst in my entire class (which has over 100 people). I studied for it and thought I was prepared yet I have no idea how I did so bad. Oh well at least there are other quizzes I guess...

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Got to do school work early this week. it sucks cuz i'm getting a wii u this week and i won't feel like doing work after i get it :p

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I'm down cause I'm 25 have no career or education and just letting my life slip. I need to get my priorities straight. Technology has me wrapped around it's finger rather then me maintaining and doing something with myself. I wake and find myself attached to some electronic device all day. I need to focus and know what is more important which is making a life for myself while keeping my entertainment such as gaming and anime.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I'm down cause I'm 25 have no career or education and just letting my life slip. I need to get my priorities straight. Technology has me wrapped around it's finger rather then me maintaining and doing something with myself. I wake and find myself attached to some electronic device all day. I need to focus and know what is more important which is making a life for myself while keeping my entertainment such as gaming and anime.
I probably don't have the greatest of advice, but I can relate to the fact that technology has really taken over many lives. One thing I can suggest is doing a fun outside exercise. Exercise probably doesn't sound fun (it doesn't to me, at least!), but studies show that exercising is a great way to keep yourself healthy and happy. I swim a lot, and let me tell you, it is extremely relaxing in an odd way. Maybe it's just being outdoors, possibly, but getting away from technology for just a bit is pretty nice.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Feeling a bit sick. Not sure why in hell I thought pizza and soda would be the best idea, on top of that...

At least I have a week off to look forward to. Let's hope I don't have to spend it with the ailment.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
My friend is depressed.

Without going into personal details, she has been having some serious problems with many things I do not feel I have the right to name. This has been going on for about two years.

To my dismay, my friend attempted suicide some months ago, and I cannot explain how painful this was to me. I am just so thankful she is still alive with me today, but to know I could have lost this person... I can't even find the words how much it scares me. I am scared to lose her.

It makes me feel so powerless, to know that today could be the last day I speak to her and I have absolutely no control over it. It makes me so anxious and nervous, not knowing how she is holding up.

Please, if anyone has any advice, please, please, please help me out. What do I do to make her feel happy and loved? It's all I want at this point. I do not want to lose someone so special to me.

Terumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
TerumixKokonoe
3DS FC
0104-2953-8205
I probably don't have the greatest of advice, but I can relate to the fact that technology has really taken over many lives. One thing I can suggest is doing a fun outside exercise. Exercise probably doesn't sound fun (it doesn't to me, at least!), but studies show that exercising is a great way to keep yourself healthy and happy. I swim a lot, and let me tell you, it is extremely relaxing in an odd way. Maybe it's just being outdoors, possibly, but getting away from technology for just a bit is pretty nice.
Maybe so I exercise quite a bit, but do it indoors. I need to get outside more and expand my horizon.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
There's a tournament being held for Smash 4 at my college.but i can't go to it cuz it starts when i have to leave. man i wanna show mah Mac skills D:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Everything worked out I hope.
Well it turns out that I don't need to register online, I can just go do it in person(there website needs to fix their info) but all the DMVs are closed the weekend apparently so I gotta take a taxi tomorrow to go do the test. So :/

My friend is depressed.

Without going into personal details, she has been having some serious problems with many things I do not feel I have the right to name. This has been going on for about two years.

To my dismay, my friend attempted suicide some months ago, and I cannot explain how painful this was to me. I am just so thankful she is still alive with me today, but to know I could have lost this person... I can't even find the words how much it scares me. I am scared to lose her.

It makes me feel so powerless, to know that today could be the last day I speak to her and I have absolutely no control over it. It makes me so anxious and nervous, not knowing how she is holding up.

Please, if anyone has any advice, please, please, please help me out. What do I do to make her feel happy and loved? It's all I want at this point. I do not want to lose someone so special to me.
This may sound strange but try getting her impregnated somehow. Women are lot less likely to kill themselves in they have a child to look after. I had a friend who was suicidal and I was in much the same place you were, but once shad the baby idea of her killing herself just went away altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just discovered that my feelings for one girl were completely one-sided. Not too bad I can deal with that.

Then she talks down to me. I don't know whether to laugh at how wrong she is or get mad. Eh. I guess I'll just post here.:249:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I have to use the computer to browse the sports games I can't watch on TV (and **** DirecTV, it will crap out as soon as it rains. I live in Ohio so it will be random)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Woke up from the usual strange series of dreams, apparently I passed out at the computer. Oh well. Hi internet.

Heard a loud boom outside, lights flickered off. Bye internet.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Waiting on the Wii U to update. THIS IS AGONIZING

Scarlet Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RageMachine7.5
3DS FC
1375-7206-7615
Just discovered that my feelings for one girl were completely one-sided. Not too bad I can deal with that.

Then she talks down to me. I don't know whether to laugh at how wrong she is or get mad. Eh. I guess I'll just post here.:249:
No offence, but... she sounds like a b**ch

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
Maybe so I exercise quite a bit, but do it indoors. I need to get outside more and expand my horizon.
I can definitely say i deal with the same kind of issues, and im also 25 years old Terumi.. I have really debilitating Social Anxiety and beyond my work i don't do much with my life these days either. I would always like to be more social, but im always overthinking things and feeling hyper-vigilant and uncomfortable so i avoid new people like the plague. It doesn't help that my Boyfriend "and first Love" dumped me because of always needing reassurance and he was also going through a tough time and started shutting me out, then broke up with me through text of all things... Haven't seen or talked to him in a few months now, and im even more guarded to Love again.

It really helps to get out and hike and ride my bike to stave the depressive feelings, im glad you do that. Might i also recommend Meditation and Yoga? When i was doing it, i always felt a bit more zestful about life, and had a more positive and vibrant outlook until i stopped participating when i lost my Partner which has been quite a challenge.. "Not to him apparently though". ):

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I would just attempt to shrug it off man. Not worth wasting the effort to get mad at.
Yeah thanks. I got over it surprisely quickly for some reason. That the whole scene happened and I got away for a minute, the fact that she thought she was above me just made me want to show her how wrong she is.

I feel good. No idea why, but I do. I appreciate it though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't even know where to begin. Life's caving in on me again. Death in the extended family (my fiancee's grandmother), scraping by at home, sickness, general fecklessness...

For all my resourcefulness, I feel like I'm finally hitting rock bottom.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom