• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why would you want to be a new person, when being the same person is usually the better option?
I'd imagine he's speaking about self improvement which is always worthwhile. Being "you" is a noble thing, but everyone is naturally flawed and should always keep growing.

The new computer has trojans because you copied the trojans to it.
This was so funny.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Dad's cousin passed away the day after christmas. i wasnt super close to him, but our extended family is really really close, so it was hard seeing my cousins and second cousins upset
family has had a rough year. 2015 plz be kind to my family

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Every time I start Smash 4 [Wii U version] now I keep getting error code 150-1031 (disc can't be read). I've only had it since Christmas and took good care of it (Mario Kart 8 seems to be working find though). I'm really depressed now and I'm not sure what to do :l

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
It seems I'm in this thread often...
I've lost interest in Smash Bros, every time I play it I get angry at when I do something stupid or the opponent does something disrespectful. I wish I could go back to when I was much worse at the game and just had fun: all items all stages. I get mad at a lot of things:

-Spammers (Links, the spammy villagers, Lucario)

-People that do the same things over and over just because they saw it in a video or something and think its the stuff of Gods. Ness D-throw, Fair, Fair, Fair "Okay" / Little mac run up, punch, back up, repeat / Sonic dash, up-b, dair "SANIC SPED"

-Names

-People that taunt at the beginning of a match then proceed to attack you when you taunt to be nice.

-COUNTER! COUNTER! COUNTAAAARRR! Did I mention CAAAAAWWWWNNNTAAAARR?!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It seems I'm in this thread often...
I've lost interest in Smash Bros, every time I play it I get angry at when I do something stupid or the opponent does something disrespectful. I wish I could go back to when I was much worse at the game and just had fun: all items all stages. I get mad at a lot of things:

-Spammers (Links, the spammy villagers, Lucario)

-People that do the same things over and over just because they saw it in a video or something and think its the stuff of Gods. Ness D-throw, Fair, Fair, Fair "Okay" / Little mac run up, punch, back up, repeat / Sonic dash, up-b, dair "SANIC SPED"

-Names

-People that taunt at the beginning of a match then proceed to attack you when you taunt to be nice.

-COUNTER! COUNTER! COUNTAAAARRR! Did I mention CAAAAAWWWWNNNTAAAARR?!
I think it's time to put the controller down. It's okay, WiiU has a bunch of better games on it right now and coming up.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
I think it's time to put the controller down. It's okay, WiiU has a bunch of better games on it right now and coming up.
Except that it doesn't. Wii U has nothing but Mario Kart, Bayonetta and Smash

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Splatoon, Metroid 2015, Zelda 2015, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, various Mario games, various Virtual Console games, backwards compatibility in Wii games, solid indie games like Shovel Knight...

That's just off the top of my head!

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Super Mario 3D World, DK, ZombiU is also quite good, MH3U even. Splatoon and Zelda coming up . Shovel Knight and other indie stuff.

But hey you're right, WiiU has nothing worth playing except Smash.

Honestly if Smash is the only reason someone got a WiiU, I don't even know what to say

Last edited:

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario 3D World, DK, ZombiU is also quite good, MH3U even. Splatoon and Zelda coming up . Shovel Knight and other indie stuff.

But hey you're right, WiiU has nothing worth playing except Smash.

Honestly if Smash is the only reason someone got a WiiU, I don't even know what to say
Super Mario 3D is a rehash, ZombiU isn't even a good game check a review collection, MH3U fair enough. I was talking about current titles, but yea. Also Shovel Knight isn't exclusive why would you even mention that

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Super Mario 3D is a rehash, ZombiU isn't even a good game check a review collection, MH3U fair enough. I was talking about current titles, but yea. Also Shovel Knight isn't exclusive why would you even mention that
Because Shovel Knight is still on there. And for now the only other platform is PC.

Dude how can you in your right mind call 3D world a rehash when that's pretty much the summation of the entire 7th and 8th generation of console gaming?

ZombiU is good, the only bad reviews came from scrubby journalists who are bad at games who think the game is too hard and think the game needs a dramatic storyline. It's the same ******* who panned Alien Isolation. Also last I checked, ZombiU actually had a high metacritic average anyway so even then your statement can be disregarded.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Because Shovel Knight is still on there. And for now the only other platform is PC.

Dude how can you in your right mind call 3D world a rehash when that's pretty much the summation of the entire 7th and 8th generation of console gaming?

ZombiU is good, the only bad reviews came from scrubby journalists who are bad at games who think the game is too hard and think the game needs a dramatic storyline. It's the same ******* who panned Alien Isolation. Also last I checked, ZombiU actually had a high metacritic average anyway so even then your statement can be disregarded.
I'm able to call it a rehash due to it being a rehash. Regardless of its impact on gaming of this generation and sales and whatnot. It's the same formula (sure that works) with added perks and new level design. A Rehash. Not that it's a bad game but due to it being such, I wouldn't put it on a list of what makes this console great.

In the case of ZombiU that's a bit more debatable because reviews waver, but based off of objective facts like poor visuals and clunky combat, It's safe to say this shouldn't be on the Wii U's glory list. http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-6400225/ (If you want to disregard reviews that's cool but here's one)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm able to call it a rehash due to it being a rehash. Regardless of its impact on gaming of this generation and sales and whatnot. It's the same formula (sure that works) with added perks and new level design. A Rehash. Not that it's a bad game but due to it being such, I wouldn't put it on a list of what makes this console great.

In the case of ZombiU that's a bit more debatable because reviews waver, but based off of objective facts like poor visuals and clunky combat, It's safe to say this shouldn't be on the Wii U's glory list. http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-6400225/ (If you want to disregard reviews that's cool but here's one)
So wait what makes any other game currently out not a rehash? Added gameplay mechanics and new level design, ie what makes a game an actual game doesn't it? What?

So you're sating WiiU is nothing apart from Smash, Bayo and MK8. Smash 4 is literally a copypasted Brawl engine with pretty visuals and minor tweaks. Bayo 2 is a sequel which by your logic would also be a rehash because it essentially does what the last one did with prettier visuals and some new stuff (which of course doesn't count because new stuff doesn't count), and MK8 is literally just refinement on a super old formula of a party racing game.

Also survival horror combat is generallynerally not super fast and easy like most action and FPS, they say it's slow and clunky because they want to just blinds run in and body everything easy mode because they're bad at games. Visuals meh okay but that's not the be all and all, although I guess it is these days. By the way I'm not holding them up as shows of glory, I'm talking about just good games to play other than Smash 4. It was supposed to be sort of a semi dig at Smash 4 not being particularly great, but I kinda wanted that to stay implied rather than have to spell it out.

Last edited:

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
So wait what makes any other game currently out not a rehash? Added gameplay mechanics and new level design, ie what makes a game an actual game doesn't it? What?

So you're sating WiiU is nothing apart from Smash, Bayo and MK8. Smash 4 is literally a copypasted Brawl engine with pretty visuals and minor tweaks. Bayo 2 is a sequel which by your logic would also be a rehash because it essentially does what the last one did with prettier visuals and some new stuff (which of course doesn't count because new stuff doesn't count), and MK8 is literally just refinement on a super old formula of a party racing game.

Also survival horror combat is generallynerally not super fast and easy like most action and FPS, they say it's slow and clunky because they want to just blinds run in and body everything easy mode because they're bad at games. Visuals meh okay but that's not the be all and all, although I guess it is these days. By the way I'm not holding them up as shows of glory, I'm talking about just good games to play other than Smash 4. It was supposed to be sort of a semi dig at Smash 4 not being particularly great, but I kinda wanted that to stay implied rather than have to spell it out.
In terms of the rehash thing it's just Mario in particular because of its long history and lesser additions each game to other series. I mean I'd love to name every game in history that has a sequel and pick it apart but I don't want to waste your time and mine bud.

Points you're making in your second paragraph aren't wrong either you know, aside from the unwarranted sarcasm. I mean as a list of games to try that's cool whatever, but as I just read you're not holding them up as shows of glory soooo that was basically my entire argument. So that's over then...

Last edited:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Listing reviews lmfao. OBJECTIVE FACTS lmfao.

Objective according to ****ing who, there are scrubs who call Melee and Dark Souls clunky. I swear you argue like me when I was like 17 but with more of that sad YOLO generation in you.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Listing reviews lmfao. OBJECTIVE FACTS lmfao.

Objective according to ****ing who, there are scrubs who call Melee and Dark Souls clunky. I swear you argue like me when I was like 17 but with more of that sad YOLO generation in you.
>Not reading the part where I said you don't have to give a **** about this review.
And those objective facts I mentioned weren't based off of a review, that's just common knowledge from anyone who's played that game. Are you gonna look at that and tell me that ZombiU has revolutionary visuals? No because that's factual ****.

>YOLO generation
You don't even know me m8. Try better insults next time though that one from 2010 is getting a bit old.

Last edited:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
>Not reading the part where I said you don't have to give a **** about this review.
And those objective facts I mentioned weren't based off of a review, that's just common knowledge from anyone who's played that game. Are you gonna look at that and tell me that ZombiU has revolutionary visuals? No because that's factual ****.

>YOLO generation
You don't even know me m8. Try better insults next time though that one from 2010 is getting a bit old.
No no this is SWF not 4chan.

And Zombii U doesn't really look that bad to me, not enough to warrant me giving a **** if the game itself is fine.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
No no this is SWF not 4chan.

And Zombii U doesn't really look that bad to me, not enough to warrant me giving a **** if the game itself is fine.
As if I took it like that, notice I argued with the previous dude without throwing insults? You could learn a bit m8.
Anyway I ended my argument with him ain't about to start another one.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
As if I took it like that, notice I argued with the previous dude without throwing insults? You could learn a bit m8.
Anyway I ended my argument with him ain't about to start another one.
You didn't insult him you just got as petty with the debate as possible, further placing yourself in there with this 4chan style post. You can't tell someone they don't know you and then do the exact kind of post they know you're going to do because you're trying to put on this weird angry confidence by basically doing the kind of **** generally only accepted on 4chan. Saying m8 instead of mate solely because it's some internet thing you saw, doing > ****. It's like this weird attempt to defuse any real debate, further shown by you now saying you "ended" the debate. You ended it with a snarky Costanza pic in this really gross attempt to be....funny? Cool? What?

All because you wanted to say WII U HAS NO GAMES LOL ffs.

tfw you're a mark xD laughingpic.jpeg

Good God man.

Last edited:

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
You didn't insult him you just got as petty with the debate as possible, further placing yourself in there with this 4chan style post. You can't tell someone they don't know you and then do the exact kind of post they know you're going to do because you're trying to put on this weird angry confidence by basically doing the kind of **** generally only accepted on 4chan. Saying m8 instead of mate solely because it's some internet thing you saw, doing > ****. It's like this weird attempt to defuse any real debate, further shown by you now saying you "ended" the debate. You ended it with a snarky Costanza pic in this really gross attempt to be....funny? Cool? What?

All because you wanted to say WII U HAS NO GAMES LOL ffs.

tfw you're a mark xD laughingpic.jpeg

Good God man.
Your whole post: "you use 4chan i dont like it stop"
**** does that even have to do with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Either way,
- Already 100% 3D World aside from every level with every character which I'm not willing to waste time on.
- Played MK8 and the released DLC and am bored of it
- Beat NSMBU
- Shovel night doesn't appeal to me
- Played Wind Waker
- Most likely getting Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze this month for my birthday

Anyway, I am just going to take a break and play Xenoblade in my spare time, I'm close to Prison Island but I already know what's going to happen because of Chuggaaconroy

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Let's get back at expressing the sadness instead of trolling/flaming people who are actually staying on topic.

I'm unhappy because our kitten tore off a good amount of wallpaper and it's going to cost upwards 800$ to replace. Plus, the landlord is pissed as pets are apparently not allowed.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
lol mario games are a rehash?
if it aint broke, dont fix it.

mario is a fun lesson in great level design. simple yet challenging. fun for all ages and skill levels. infinite potential for replayability

great game design * v *

also lol that argument hurt my head. wooow.

also also shaq post aw yis

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I may have not slowed down in a school zone and that would mess me up because I just got another ticket last year that only stays off my record if I remain ticket free for half a year. And it's a really expensive ticket

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
with more of that sad YOLO generation in you.
Objectively speaking, YOLO is a great mantra and a summary of what the Boomers did to us. Our future is very uncertain, and being 28, I have already had jobs eliminated while working there. To say "You only live once..." means you should enjoy life day to day and not worry about making a lasting impact or how much money you have. It is also indicative of how de-emphasized religion is.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
A few days ago, I visited my college town where a lot of my college friends still live. On the same day I arrived, a friend of mines got engaged. I had a crush on her in the past, but gave up as soon as I found out she was getting back together with her ex last year. Now they are engaged. While I am super happy for them, a little part still feels sad for whatever reason. The guy is an awesome guy and I consider him a friend too, so all I can do is wish them the best.

I'm more angry/upset about my Wii U Gamepad being stolen. I can't play a lot of games on Nintendoland without it. :(

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Objectively speaking, YOLO is a great mantra and a summary of what the Boomers did to us. Our future is very uncertain, and being 28, I have already had jobs eliminated while working there. To say "You only live once..." means you should enjoy life day to day and not worry about making a lasting impact or how much money you have. It is also indicative of how de-emphasized religion is.
It's a stupid saying that people only say to do stupid things

Consequences happen regardless of what you think

And they can effect the rest of your life

How about this twist on it

You only live once. Is this one action worth potential problems you have to deal with for the rest of your life

You want the one time you live paying for the consequences of a dumb act?

Edit: It's people living in denial that if they don't think/ care about the consequences of actions it won't effect them

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
MAJOR TOOTHACHE. I have been in so much pain for the past 3 days it isn't funny. I don't take the best care of my teeth and now I'm paying the price. I'm going to the dentist on an emergency visit tomorrow so I can get a prescription for pain medicine. To make things worse, the antibiotics aren't helping with what we think is an infection in the tooth or gums.

This isn't even mentioning I started a new semester of school Monday and I have already missed 3 days...

I'm about to get all meaningful here so prepare yourself:

Why do people want to be mean? I've had someone just randomly walk up and say something like "Ya'know I'm stronger than you right?" In this particular situation I was able to retaliate by saying "Why are you examining my body so closely that you would know that, that's gay."

It makes me wonder why people have a need to put down on others. You can say that people want to make themselves feel stronger by attacking weak prey, and I'll admit, I am an easy target because of how sensitive I am. I just... ugh.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
somehow my dad locked me out of online banking on my account and now im sitting on hold to fix it because he messed up.

...he was the one who decided it was his role to set up my password and username in the first place (note: was pissed about this as well.) WHYYYY

what the flying frick frack, dad. AM ADULT. WHY ARE YOU SNOOPING AT MY LACKLUSTER FUNDS.
'i just wanted to make sure your money situation is okay : D'

another thing to note: I LIVE AT HOME. HE COULD HAVE ASKED.

hes a strange one.

I just want to buy my pass and plane tickets for GDC. Thats all I'm asking for. THIS IS AN ENTIRE PROCESS THOUGH

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
about 12 hours since I went to the dentist, this was what happened basically:

Dentist takes X-rays and talks to my mom a bit before returning and asking how old I am. I tell him I'm 14 and his jaw just drops. He says my wisdom teeth are starting to come in.

-At this point I am relieved, nothing bad with my teeth like cavities, infection, etc.

Then we get more X-rays... He says he thinks he sees a "composite" of something under a filling in one of the teeth the pain was occurring in. Root Canal, he says I may need one. Never had one, heard its bad, sounds bad. He says he is "unsure" whether there is something under the filling or not: it looks like it. He says if I keep having terrible pains he will have to:

"Have me back in to open the tooth. That will hold me over until May when he can do the root canal if needed."

I am hoping the pain is just the Wisdom Tooth coming in...

Should I like, be mentally preparing myself for if I need a root canal? I'm worried about the whole procedure if I need it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something that is bugging me

I saw someone I knew today

But I was never really familiar with them so I didn't say anything

The thing that bugs me though, I can't remember HOW I knew them.

I think they were a friend of a friend

But who's friend?

Berndelta

Smash Rookie
That damn feeling when you realize how little you actually meant to your so-called best friend, who you were extremely close to for a while, and she wouldn't care to lose you and has been taking you for granted. Even when she's said she would be lost without you, and that she'd be devastated if you left her life. When she's said you've been nothing but kind to her, which is true, but when another guy starts being nice to her she claims that no one has treated her this nicely in a long time. When she makes zero effort to hang out or do anything more than text, even playing video games is apparently too much. When she claims she got you Christmas gifts, but then never acknowledges them again, now 3 weeks later. Not that I care about gifts like that, but just knowing her personality...it doesn't sit too well.

That feeling sucks but I'm done with her now and feeling better with that weight off my shoulders.

Also having trouble uploading an avatar from my phone :(

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
That damn feeling when you realize how little you actually meant to your so-called best friend, who you were extremely close to for a while, and she wouldn't care to lose you and has been taking you for granted. Even when she's said she would be lost without you, and that she'd be devastated if you left her life. When she's said you've been nothing but kind to her, which is true, but when another guy starts being nice to her she claims that no one has treated her this nicely in a long time. When she makes zero effort to hang out or do anything more than text, even playing video games is apparently too much. When she claims she got you Christmas gifts, but then never acknowledges them again, now 3 weeks later. Not that I care about gifts like that, but just knowing her personality...it doesn't sit too well.

That feeling sucks but I'm done with her now and feeling better with that weight off my shoulders.

Also having trouble uploading an avatar from my phone :(
I know that feeling, I recently posted about a similar situation I had with my "friend."
He told me that if his friends didn't want to be friends with him any more, he didn't care. I told him that I was sick of his mental and verbal abuse and I told him I didn't want to be friends any more and don't contact me again.

He responded with:
"Ok bye sorry it didnt work out"

-_- Scrubs

Berndelta

Smash Rookie
@ B Berndelta : Welcome to Smashboards, and sorry to hear that you lost a good friend. :(
Thank you. I wasn't planning on posting until I had an avatar but doesn't look like that will be happening.

I know that feeling, I recently posted about a similar situation I had with my "friend."
He told me that if his friends didn't want to be friends with him any more, he didn't care. I told him that I was sick of his mental and verbal abuse and I told him I didn't want to be friends any more and don't contact me again.

He responded with:
"Ok bye sorry it didnt work out"

-_- Scrubs
Pretty much. Not THAT bad, but my friend has been posting similar things, on Facebook and Twitter, about how she's not gonna fight for people who don't want to be apart of her life and don't make the effort, and that she'd be just fine without them. What she doesn't realize is that the reason I haven't texted her in a week and the reason I don't want to be apart of her life anymore is BECAUSE of her. She's the one who never made an effort, and are history has been meaningless apparently. So **** that. I'm doing a lot better now that we're done. And she's already replaced me, with some guy she just met recently who is supposedly the most amazing person ever and makes her happy when no one else could.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm unhappy because I want to a friend's birthday party to have fun a couple of hours ago. Next thing I know, I'm taking care of someone, helped drop him off him home safely, and by the time I make it back party's done because of some jackhole.

Top Bottom