• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
Hey, I hope you can realize that you overcame something. I dont know your situation fully, but whatever made your life fall apart and caused you to drop out of school has gone by, and you are back in school, going to graduate, and back on track. And quite honestly, it doesnt matter what "pace" you get through school at, because just by finishing up you are putting yourself so far in life. You should be proud of yourself for having the determination to get back at it and finish strong. <3

Edit: My gf just dumped me, sad boys
Sorry to hear dude. :( *hugs*

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I had to withdraw out of college due to bad grades... costing my father 15,000 dollars. I feel so bad...
what's done is done, don't beat yourself up about it too much. it's not as uncommon as you think. a lot of people drop out of college or do poorly in their degrees or never really do anything with their degree. at least you've only lost one year (which is honestly nothing in the grand scheme of things).

what's more important now is to look to the future - did you make any mistakes? have you learned from them? what do you really want to do?

D

Deleted member 269706

Got a really big speech tomorrow (15-20 minutes). Not handling the anxiety well...

Facading

Smash Apprentice
What's going on in Ferguson is a huge issue right now, but when people categorize it as a major race issue it makes me cringe

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember a few months ago when I was concerned about quitting gaming permanently?

Well...yesterday, by force of mom, I quit gaming. Once and for all.

It hurts so much. Knowing that I tried literally every trick in the book. That I fought till the bitter end. But I still lost. And now I will never have it back...

I can never buy, let alone PLAY, another video game again. And now I have nothing else to do to pass the time every day aside from chores.

This has been the worst days before Christmas of my life. I literally want to die

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well I mean she can't force you forever. You have your whole life ahead of ya.
But moving out isn't an option until all my family living there, my parents and aunt, are all dead. I always have to take care of my sick dad and aunt.
And I am still ever unable to get and keep a job.

I've tried every which way, and I hate to be a negative Nancy, but I need to accept it. It really is over...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My mom has kinda always been like that. Old, old fashioned, perhaps even very overbearing. She just has a lot of expectations for me, and I have to be responsible for the other two family members when she's out of the house.

Wish there was something I could do...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My mom has kinda always been like that. Old, old fashioned, perhaps even very overbearing. She just has a lot of expectations for me, and I have to be responsible for the other two family members when she's out of the house.

Wish there was something I could do...
Just read all your posts about it in the social thread. Since it looks like the topic moved away from there, I will respond here. Anyways, I can relate to your situation to a degree. The difference is I don't have to take care of a sick parent or relative, and my parents never banned video games because they don't see me playing video games that often. Also, since I paid with my own money, they can't really do anything about it. Also, I'll be turning 24 in less than two weeks instead of being 25.

What I did earlier last year was to apply for part-time jobs as well until I could get a good job. I got a part-time job doing retail. While it's better than not having any sort of income, I still am trying to find a good job and still having to deal with the pressures of parents pressuring me to get a better job. I applied for navy officer training which I won't hear back from until spring, and that's not even guaranteed I'll get in. I've also been asked to apply to grad school, I suggested applying for a 3 month computer science bootcamp would be much better than going back to take a new undergrad degree, and now I'm trying to learn some coding on my own before I can apply for that. Preferably, I would find a job before I can do any of that, but so far, I have been unsuccessful.

Anyways, I know it would be hard to move out. You don't have a job, and you have sick family to take care of. I've had many people tell me I should move out because they think the environment I'm living in is toxic to me, but I can't really move out if I'm not making that much money to support myself. If I were able to get a good job, that could actually be an option. However, there are questions I have. What happens if you eventually can get a job, and it happens to require you to move? Or what happens if you end up marrying someone? Would you still be living at home under those kinds of situations? And before the meaning of one of my questions gets twisted because Internet, I am not saying I want to marry you or any other stranger online.

If you paid for all your games on your own, I can definitely see them being taken away as unreasonable. However, if it was from money earned by parents, I can see why they think they have the right to take it away. They want you to be successful, but they believe games are getting in the way of that. I know you got let go from one job because you had trouble appearing to be sociable, but I would like to suggest that you keep applying to other jobs like part-time jobs. If you can at least get that, you will get experience interacting with customers or other kinds of work experience, and it will somewhat help with your resume as you apply for other full-time jobs. I would say to move out, but considering I'm in a similar situation, it would be hypocritical. Also, I understand it would be difficult considering you don't seem to have a source of income and you have sick family to take care of. Good luck with everything, and I hope your situation can improve.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I feel like my body is falling apart.

I hit my knee maybe about 2 months ago and now it hurts whenever i bend it a certain way. I have been taking advil for it but it still hurts whenever I run or wak up or down stairs. And if I miss taking my advil like I did today then its just miserable.

I was born with a heart defect, tetrology of fallot; and my condition seems to be getting worse. Lately i have had much shorter breath.

I've had bloods in my stools for a few years now, but the bleeding has gotten worse and far more frequent. I'm afraid to stay on the tolet for too long these daysl

And most recently I've had 2 growths in my nose, which I'm afraid to admit to myself may be nasal cancer. I took a scissors last night and cut the smaler one out nearly at its root, the bleeding was bad but I suspect not half as bad as it will be when I cut the bigger one out.
I have these thoughts now that I am going to be irreversibly injured soon enough, I really wish my life was different.

Edit: And now I have a bad tooth ache.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
you should see a doctor
yesterday

1. you might have actually ****ed up your knee
2. get that checked
3. NO SERIOUSLY GET THAT CHECKED TOO THAT COULD BE SIGNS OF SOME COLON ILLNESS WTF
4. WHY DID YOU DO THAT SERIOUSLY

go see a doctor holy crap

--

my side has been killing me lately and idk why...which is weird because i havent been doing much at all. it hurts to sit and lie down and walk so basically im very uncomfortable 90% of the time. ughhhhhhhhh i hope its not like...kidney stones or something

time to drink water, hope its just dehydration, and live off pain meds for a few days

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
My mom has kinda always been like that. Old, old fashioned, perhaps even very overbearing. She just has a lot of expectations for me, and I have to be responsible for the other two family members when she's out of the house. Wish there was something I could do...
Get a place of your own. Florida is cheap.

A. What areas around me are leasing? How much is the security deposit and monthly rent?
B. Who is the ISP in that area and what are connection speeds like?
C. Is this place close to work? Do I need a car or is public transportation close by?
D. Can I reliably afford to live in this place with the amount of income I make? Is this the best location to balance out work and play? If the answer is no, then go back to A.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

So the perfect girl is leaving next Thursday. I don't think it's even work going for at this point.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
My earplugs that came with the new iPhone I got months ago are shortening out. This sucks because they were really good earplugs & they're a lot better than the cheap kind at Wal-Mart. I don't know how to get those same earplugs anywhere. If I could only get them at Apple's website, then I'll be really depressed.

Nothing can't go right for me anymore.....

Vellocet

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vellocet
3DS FC
4699-7805-1419
im unhappy that i need to make 10 post befor i can post a link, even for images. guess i need to spam some in the pool room.
firstworldproblem.jpg

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
My earplugs that came with the new iPhone I got months ago are shortening out. This sucks because they were really good earplugs & they're a lot better than the cheap kind at Wal-Mart. I don't know how to get those same earplugs anywhere. If I could only get them at Apple's website, then I'll be really depressed.

Nothing can't go right for me anymore.....
Check if the earphones work properly on other devices other than your iPhone, because I have an issue where my earphones drop in & out in one ear when it's connected to my iPod Classic but works perfectly for everything else. Because if it's the device in question (as opposed to the earphones), then you get it into repair & hope they don't charge you too much. :p

Btw do you happen to know the make/manufacturer of the earphones by any chance?

D

Deleted member 269706

Stop calling women you like "the perfect girl" as a way to make it easier when they go away.
"I have recently been informed that the girl who I have shown affectionate feelings for over the past few weeks, will be departing from the current part of town within the next few days. Unfortunately, I fail to see a reason to continue pursuing her."
Happy, you d*ck?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
"I have recently been informed that the girl who I have shown affectionate feelings for over the past few weeks, will be departing from the current part of town within the next few days. Unfortunately, I fail to see a reason to continue pursuing her."
Happy, you d*ck?
Yo man no need to get upset. I used to do the same **** when I was a young mark gettin all jumpy on the inside when I thought I found the right girl.

D

Deleted member 269706

Yo man no need to get upset. I used to do the same **** when I was a young mark gettin all jumpy on the inside when I thought I found the right girl.
Yeah sorry about that. It's been a long week with finals starting up, one of my best friends was out all week due to some infections, I caught a cold of the sorts, had some big presentation which didn't go as well as I had hoped, and then ended it with this news. I guess the reason it hurts so much is because this is the first time in a LONG time that I've felt like this about someone. Everyone else I've been going after has just been for personal pleasure, I'm so sick of that.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah sorry about that. It's been a long week with finals starting up, one of my best friends was out all week due to some infections, I caught a cold of the sorts, had some big presentation which didn't go as well as I had hoped, and then ended it with this news. I guess the reason it hurts so much is because this is the first time in a LONG time that I've felt like this about someone. Everyone else I've been going after has just been for personal pleasure, I'm so sick of that.
Your profile says you're 17, is that incorrect? Cuz 17 is way too young to be tired of "personal pleasure" lmao.

Edit-P.S Froggy you are dying gg no re.

Last edited:

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
I haven't been feeling so good today, the kind of day where everyone pisses you off even when they don't mean it.

And also, I have a terrible social anxiety problem, even on the internet, so posting this is really nerve-wreaking at the moment.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Check if the earphones work properly on other devices other than your iPhone, because I have an issue where my earphones drop in & out in one ear when it's connected to my iPod Classic but works perfectly for everything else. Because if it's the device in question (as opposed to the earphones), then you get it into repair & hope they don't charge you too much. :p

Btw do you happen to know the make/manufacturer of the earphones by any chance?
Well, they're working fine now, but I decided to use my mom's earplugs from now on just so she can use the ones that are breaking. If they break, then she can buy another pair.

The earplugs are from Apple, btw. They came with my iPhone 5 back when I got it during the summer.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Well, they're working fine now, but I decided to use my mom's earplugs from now on just so she can use the ones that are breaking. If they break, then she can buy another pair.

The earplugs are from Apple, btw. They came with my iPhone 5 back when I got it during the summer.
Apple earphones are pretty terrible tbh. No bass at all & just sound tinny. Definitely try to get a new pair ASAP even if the Apple ones don't break.
If you are very tight for budget, just aim to get a $20 Sennheiser pair. Even their really cheap ones are pretty good. But price isn't an issue, I highly recommend Bose IE2. They are great yeah :3

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Apple earphones are pretty terrible tbh. No bass at all & just sound tinny. Definitely try to get a new pair ASAP even if the Apple ones don't break.
If you are very tight for budget, just aim to get a $20 Sennheiser pair. Even their really cheap ones are pretty good. But price isn't an issue, I highly recommend Bose IE2. They are great yeah :3
Every earplug for Apple products are terrible, imo. They never work well for me anyway. And I hear even products from Bose are terrible. Guess I have to deal with it then.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yesterday, I mustered up the guts to confess my feelings for a girl I like, whom we've been friendly for a while, in person (huge points in the confidence department!) She didn't requite my feelings and we both outlined why we weren't ready for it (although it seems like she was genuinely uninterested, but I'm still keeping her open.) I respect her decision. The outcome was better because there were no hard feelings thereafter. She even remarked my courage for telling her!

However, I felt like I was so consumed by my anxiety leading up and into the moment that I didn't articulate my feelings exactly how I'd like her to understand. I began stuttering, awkwardly dropping speech, toning my voice down. Speaking most of my cluttered thoughts in the most unorganized and unclear ways. Not to mention it was a very blustery night!

I want to communicate my feelings clearly to her. I felt a lot of what I said she didn't understand. Does anyone have suggestions on how to approach her about this? Preferably in one take so it doesn't turn into a bigger deal than it is?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I honestly just feel really empty right now, but at least the depression has lessened some.

To let you guys know what's been happening, last Sunday, I decided to look into the history of my church, since I didn't know much about it and I'm a sucker for history. As I searched this up, I came across many reliable websites that had a good deal of information about my church, and unfortunately, it turned out everything I believed in was a fraud. What I've been born into and raised to follow turned out to be completley false and made up by a con-man, and a women abuser at that. And if that wasn't enough, I've had stress over homework, me having a high possibility of ADHD, and my dad calling me lazy when I can't find a job when I've been looking and him physically pushing me around a lot, which resulted in my mental breakdown all of last week, especially on Tuesday, and I've yet to complain or even tell my parents about all of this because they would most likely not believe that I have ADHD, my dad would be telling me over and over that I haven't been looking for a job, and my whole family would likely dis-own me for even going against my church (never the less telling them that I've become atheist).

I'm sorry guys, I just had to vent this all out. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. It's just been really tough on me lately...

D

Deleted member 269706

Sounds pretty rough you guys...I'm not the best when it comes to giving advice in these areas, but do understand that you're not alone in this. I've been there, I've failed when it comes to women, and I know what it's like having your dad push you around like crazy. Don't be sorry for expressing yourselves, it's a ****ty world, you need to get it out one way or another. Hang in there, the best is yet to come.

On a side note, I entered a Secret Santa thing at work and I drew this guy Shawn. Pretty cool guy, but all he does is smoke and dab. Not that there's anything wrong with smoking, I do it on a monthly basis, but I don't wanna buy him a pipe or anything like that, and I seriously don't know what else to get him. Deadline is coming up fast...

Last edited by a moderator:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Sounds pretty rough you guys...I'm not the best when it comes to giving advice in these areas, but do understand that you're not alone in this. I've been there, I've failed when it comes to women, and I know what it's like having your dad push you around like crazy. Don't be sorry for expressing yourselves, it's a ****ty world, you need to get it out one way or another. Hang in there, the best is yet to come.

On a side note, I entered a Secret Santa thing at work and I drew this guy Shawn. Pretty cool guy, but all he does is smoke and dab. Not that there's anything wrong with smoking, I do it on a monthly basis, but I don't wanna buy him a pipe or anything like that, and I seriously don't know what else to get him. Deadline is coming up fast...
Buy that man some coke.

FRUIT OF THE GODS!!!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I honestly just feel really empty right now, but at least the depression has lessened some.

To let you guys know what's been happening, last Sunday, I decided to look into the history of my church, since I didn't know much about it and I'm a sucker for history. As I searched this up, I came across many reliable websites that had a good deal of information about my church, and unfortunately, it turned out everything I believed in was a fraud. What I've been born into and raised to follow turned out to be completley false and made up by a con-man, and a women abuser at that. And if that wasn't enough, I've had stress over homework, me having a high possibility of ADHD, and my dad calling me lazy when I can't find a job when I've been looking and him physically pushing me around a lot, which resulted in my mental breakdown all of last week, especially on Tuesday, and I've yet to complain or even tell my parents about all of this because they would most likely not believe that I have ADHD, my dad would be telling me over and over that I haven't been looking for a job, and my whole family would likely dis-own me for even going against my church (never the less telling them that I've become atheist).

I'm sorry guys, I just had to vent this all out. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. It's just been really tough on me lately...
Never mind guys, depression came back. God damnit.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I just had a job interview I wasvery excited about and learn that the contract is 6 months and not 24 months like I had been told. It doesn't make any sense for me to take it. Damn shame too because I absolutely killed the interview.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I need to find someone in my field to vent my work and career related problems to. Talking to my friends(no offense to them) I feel like the things I say just fly over their head.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Someone smash my ribcage with a hammer before I do it myself. I have no right to be upset by mild annoyances, let alone thrown into a vicious spiral. Just get rid of me already.

Top Bottom