• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Undead Brampton Thread/Cemetery: Watch out for Zombies (and Geist)

Yoshara

Smash Lord
how can I upload smash vids onto my Mac??? it's showing bin files which I can't find a program to open them with... help?
The Brawl bin files are not actually videos, they are actually a recording of all of the button presses in a match (if I recall correctly).

What you would need for putting matches onto a computer would be:
1. A Capture Card. These allow you to put the video feed onto your computer allowing you to record it. A good one to use is Pinnacles "Dazzle" http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Syst...sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1234768128&sr=8-1
2. Depending on how you want to record, either a VCR which you hook your Wii up to, and when you want to put them on your comp you hook the dazzle to the VCR, or you could get a RCA splitter which would allow you to record the footage on your comp and allow you to play on the TV at the same time.

At least that is what I can recall about the process...

(P.S. I don't know if the Dazzle works on Mac's, so if someone could clarify that it would help.)

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah i dont know what you recorded,
but it shouldnt be giving you binary files :laugh:
What you have (.bin) is like a universal file, it'll work on anything, but also it doesnt have any program to run it specifically LOL.
it could be anything from like, an iso for a psp, or a rom for a emulator, or image/sound data .
but its not something you can run like a video file

do what ze mr alberta guy said =]

wether or not dazzle works on mac

4Serial

Smash Lord
SUPER SHOUTOUTS

Alright guys so I guess it's about time I made this post.. I'm getting surgery on Feb. 16th (Wednesday) so yeeaahhh.. it's coming up really soon and I just thought I'd say bye to everyone (for like a month lol). A bunch of stuff has been happening during the last few months before now. I'm really thankful to everyone- including you guys and girls, my family, and my friends- who helped make it more enjoyable for me.

if you didn't know, I have scoliosis. basically, your spine is like this ---> |
and mine is like this ---> S
LOL so yeah i'm getting surgery for it.

Thanks to all of the Brampton players that kept playing with me, let me hang out at their places til 11pm on a weekday cuz i was bored, and tagged along to GTA events. You guys are awesome and fun to hang out with. I love you guys. <3

Big thanks to the GTA players who inspired and motivated me to get better at this AMAZING game. Thanks so much for giving me advice all the time. I said it before in the Canadian appreciation thread, if it weren't for you guys I probably wouldn't even be playing Smash. My goal in Melee is to be able to match up to your level, and I'll keep practicing and coming until I get there!

I'm really bummed out I can't make it to grmo's tourney, but good luck to everyone that goes and I'm sure it'll be awesome. I'm gonna miss out on playing with Americans and everyone I want to play against. =[ Brampton better represent for me! Jay, I have faith in you. You'll do great. I promise. I hope to see everyone at the Brampton tournament.

But after grmo's tourney, I hear Brampton, some GTA guys, and my friends are coming to visit me in the hospital =D I don't know why but I thought I would just be in the hospital for 5 days alone. A bunch of my family is going to come visit me too. It made me sooo happy to know that people were actually going to come visit me. You guys have no idea how much I love you guys for doing this.

I'm only really going to be away for a week, and probably stuck at home for a month. I could probably have people over too. But I guess it's really important to me or something. I think I might be overdoing it so I guess it's shoutouts time! I'm sooo sorry if I forgot anyone. Please tell me if I did and I'll make one for you <3

BRAMPTON

Steven: First on my list of single shout outs. =D I haven't seen you in like a week or something. You're my rival in Smash and playing against you always gets me better, even though I might say otherwise LOL. Sorry you just play really gay >=[ Second best in Brampton though. Keep playing Melee please and I'll love you forever. I'll even play Brawl with you. Whenever you ask me to leave you house. Keep being awesome and black.

Chris: Ty so much for being our venue for my first year in competitive Smash. Without that, I would never be as good as I am now, and I'd probably never even meet up with the Brampton crew. You're getting so much better so quickly. Keep power training in the GTA and you'll be better than the rest of Brampton. BOB DOLLAR COMBOOZZ!!!

WiJay: You were my FIRST rival when I started. God**** Mushroom Kingdom II. Stop being so discouraged with your skill in Melee. I think you're the most quickest improving smash player in Brampton. I really do. I love you soo much for driving everyone all the way down to the hospital. I owe you big time. I'll pay for your entrance fee in grmo's tourney? =DD. Do me proud. I know you will. *****es don't know bout our edgecanceling hacktics. OMFG it's toonie tuesday tomorrow. reach? I'll pay for that too. I think practicing Melee alone is boring too, I really only get practice when I play against others, or I get ideas from NorCal vids or something hahah. Go get PacMan status, I know you can do it. Keep on playing with us, come with up to more GTA smashfests and I know it'll happen.

Bren: i would give you first or second shoutout, but you don't live in canadia anymore D: well, I dunno if you even knew I had to have surgery so soon, but yeahh.. you're awesome and made me really love playing Link as much as I do. Link vs Samus on DL64 is almost as fun as the ditto LOL. You gave me my name, my tag, and my heart. I love you Bren. Come back this summer expecting to see a new sexy Andy. I'm growing an afro for you baby. LOL no not really.

Zack: **** you son, i know you don't read the boards, and steve or chris will probably tell you about this. LOL jokes, I love you, come play with us more, and get the **** out of brampton to smash for once. go to your first tournament dammit and I know you'll do good. You deserve last shoutout, but you're lucky you're from the original brampton crew >=[

Warren: stick to one good character LOL. you're getting good fast, but you gotta take in our advice if you want to improve. it was fun playing against you. You made my love playing Captain Falcon. keep on playing and I know you'll become amazing. When I get a good new laptop, I promise I'll play GunZ with your pro ***. Do you even come to swf?

Xavier: I haven't seen you in forever D: I love you though. You also made me love Falcon. You play amazingly smart. You're awesome at getting grabs. Just play with us more and you'll be amazing. Do you even come to swf? LOL **** useless shoutouts.

Vik: come to more events plz so I can **** you more LOOLLL man I haven't played you in ages. we need more super smashfests in Brampton. keep on going to GTA stuff that the rest of brampton aren't ever invited to you jerk LOL

Abel: almost forgot about you lol. Stop making johns and get the hell over here to play so I can **** you. LOL. mann you have your own ride now and everything. no transportation johns. haven't played you in a whhile. visit swf?

Mike: WHHEEERREE DID YOU GOOO?! I think he died along with the thursday smashfests =[ i only played you once in a while and everytime i did, you would get better. how do you do it?! you go to notre dame right? say high to d-pryde for me and ask him to sign my scar. LOL

LL62: come to brampton smashfests and show us where you ayutt. I haven't seen you since summer LOL

Josh's group: Josh, yo ima raep yo **** next times i see you so be prepared. i don't play this game but i'll show you wut's wut. Vega, it's been a while since we played man, i'm sure your falco's gotten pretty **** and I wanna play you :p

i think i'm missing a bunch of brampton, but they're like inactive or something on the boards.

GTA
****, there's so many of you GTA players..

Berny: Amazing fox player and representing Canada. I'll be able to beat your Fox in a legit match one day! hahah. You're a fun guy to play with. Keep being awesome.

David: The most lovable guy in the GTA. Hands down. You always give me advice to improve and you're really fun to hang out with too. I need to play against you more.

Adnan: I haven't seen or played you in soooo long, but you deserve a shoutout for being one of the most friendly guys in the community. Always welcomed new players to the scene and helped them get better and involved. I need to play you. Maybe at the Brampton tournament?

Stos: CAN'T forget about my link brother, stos. Always inspired me to keep maining Link. I hope I can make my Link as fast and technical as your Link. You're amazing at pressuring people with Link. Keep on ****** with this low tier and repping the canadian link. arrows ftw. We need to get like a milli link matches recorded next time we play. ty for busing it to the hospital for me with everyone, ilu<3 LOL

Imadh: I haven't really played you lately =[ You're one of the players that really helped me at the start. Your Marth is incredible. My goal was actually to get to your level, but then I didn't play you as much anymore =[ I still need to get to your level. I want to train with you next time I see you. =D

Mike: You helped me a lot when I started too. You taught me a lot about Link and you made me love the Link ditto. I haven't played you recently either, so let's get some matches in next time. =D

Kyle: Your Jigglypuff is ridiculous. Resting me off of my own bomb? WHAT THE HELL?!

Dzenan and Coolhat: Keep playing please =D you're both awesome.

peterx: i don't really get to play against you too much, but your falco is super technical from what i can see lol keep working on it and get back at berny for what he did to you hahah.

grmo: you're awesome. i haven't seen you in forever. we need to play more. I'm sooooo sorry I can't make it to your tourny =[ come to the hospital with stos and we'll all play bomberman hahah

josh: you're awesome and we need to play more.

ryan: wheeerree yoouu ayyuuuutt LOL pichu team is so broken. train me more!

sylar: SATANIC GREMLIN SEX DI?! LOOLLLLLL. you're awesome and mad fun to play with. we need to play more

afro chris: LOL okay here's your shoutout.. i think we've played before.. it was waayyy back though. i'm aAndy lol i've seen random vids or your falcon though, it looks sex. hahah. i see you use silentspectre falcon, i do too :p set for green falcon?! daammnn i told blowtoes i would grow an afro by the time he got back. can you teach me the way of the afro? =D then I'll be FROserial LOL

ETHAN TIER
ethan: you were a big help at steven's first tournament when i met you =] ty so much. you're really fun to play in brawl and kept me playing **** tier LOL. whenever i was bored you would play wifi with me and it was awesome. so awesome to know you're playing melee. keep on playing both games and ******. i haven't seen you in foreeveerrr. come to the brampton tournament =D

wow i'm tired. i'll finish this later. wow i typed a lot lol
<3 you all.

4Serial

Smash Lord
YEAH OMFG at the end i was supposed to say something but i forgot.
MAYBE i guess. I wanna hang out with some friends after school first, then go to your place after if that's cool
i might have to go to the doctors or something tomorrow though.. i'm hoping that doesn't happen
i have to sleep early tomorrow though. SUPER early.
gotta wake up at like 3-4am. *****es.

i have this awesome idea of using my mp3 and voice recording some stuff and i want my smash friends to be on it too so i'll have something nice to hear when i'm bored in the hospital, other than my devil music <3 LOL

steven, if i don't see you tomorrow, is it okay if i stop by your house whenever? just to say hi and stuff.

JAY i need to talk to you about ride plans..

Desh

Smash Ace
LMFAO
dude
wanna know what you should do
before you go into the operation
leave ur mp3 on recording
and record the whole operation :|

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol thanks andy, i now oficialy want to join singles at grmos, youve inspired me to get out of pools. at least.

and were getting chicken tomorow no matter how much my heart hurts from last time.

edit:

Chris has a hot sister.

Desh

Smash Ace
LOL

jay: and once im done riding your dog, im gonna ride your sister
me: *O_o*
jay : do you have a sister?
me: no.
jay : is your sister hot?
me : no.
jay : can i date your sister ?
me : o_o

4Serial

Smash Lord
falcon's d-throw is ****ing vicious if you think about it.
just ****ing slamming them to the cement ground neck first
chris falcon d-throwing his dog > knee

a lot of character's d-throws are vicious actually...

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
SUPER SHOUTOUTS
Wow Andy. It's as if you're going away forever or something.

steven, if i don't see you tomorrow, is it okay if i stop by your house whenever? just to say hi and stuff.
Yeh sure that'd be cool. People are chillin tomorrow? I thought your day was tomorrow?

Edit: Nvm it's wednesday. Ugh tomorrow I have concert band after school, then I might have regular band practice. I want to see you Andy =[.

4Serial

Smash Lord
i know, it kind of felt like that for some reason, but i knew i would just be away for a bit
i dunno, i just thought i'd say thanks to everyone for being there and stuff
really weird times i guess

when would you be home? i don't have any solid plans tomorrow. i think i might even have to go to the doctors the whole time after school, but i'm not sure. if not, i'll just hang out with friends until like 4 or 5, then go to chris' until like 6-8, whenever he feels like kicking me out, and then i'd go and stop by at your place =D

Desh

Smash Ace
i think everyone can come to my place if dat maeks it easier? O_o my moms not gonna be home till like past 9 me thinks.
maybe 10.

4Serial

Smash Lord
nooo steve don't cancel out on your band thing lol
i'll be at your place at like 7-9 anyways so yeaahh
unless you feel like waiting at chris' place til 4-6 then sure i guess

also guys, i have like no info on the room i'm gonna be in or when visiting hours are..
so i'll try getting info tomorrow. if not, just come to the hospital whenever on sunday and ask for an andy nguyen and stuff lol.

4Serial

Smash Lord
i'm in there from wednesday 18th to.. like AROUND 5 days, so maybe the 24th i'm guessing.. they made it really clear it would just be around 5 days for some reason. could be 4, could be 6 or 7. It just really depends lol. Jay's coming on Sunday 22nd though.

Desh

Smash Ace
kso ima talk w/ jay.
i gotta let grmo know im not staying at his place saturday
i think what might/probably will be happening
is
me and jay go to pre tourny smashfest on friday,
leave smashfest/tourny on saturday
go home saturday night
sunday we go to ze hopsital?

SmashCentralOfficial

nooo steve don't cancel out on your band thing lol
i'll be at your place at like 7-9 anyways so yeaahh
unless you feel like waiting at chris' place til 4-6 then sure i guess

also guys, i have like no info on the room i'm gonna be in or when visiting hours are..
so i'll try getting info tomorrow. if not, just come to the hospital whenever on sunday and ask for an andy nguyen and stuff lol.
I left my French Horn mouth piece in my school pants by accident (today is dress down day), so I'm not going to concert band.

Instead, I'm going to my regular band, right away, until 7ish. Then come to my house Andy! =D

Geist

Smash Master
Link vs Samus on DL64 is almost as fun as the ditto LOL. You gave me my name, my tag, and my heart. I love you Bren. Come back this summer expecting to see a new sexy Andy. I'm growing an afro for you baby. LOL no not really.
:D andy you're too awesome. I miss Samus vs. Link on DL almost as much as Michael J Fox misses walking
oooooooooooooosnap
You probably don't know this, but you're basically the reason I stuck with Samus and not some scrubby high tier like fox peach or sheik <3 lol I remember when all our matches were basically even and then all of the sudden you just randomly started ****** brampton :D
Sucks that you'll be gone for like a month. I'll be on msn and then chris and J can bring in a laptop with me on it like I'm some sort of robot from the future.

Seriously grow an afro.

just come to the hospital whenever on sunday and ask for an andy nguyen and stuff lol.
Is that your last name? How do you pronounce that, "ni-gai-en"?That's like that one spanish band cafe tcveba
LOL I never knew your last name I just knew your caller ID was so badass. It was like PHAM X, which sounds like some super ninja agency.

SmashCentralOfficial

OMG GUYS.

All my plans canceled which kind of screwed me over in a way (I had to WALK home in order to get my controller and now I have to WALK back), but now I can come over and hang out all daiii.

SO POST ASAP OR CALL MY HOUSE PHONE 905 458 4767 SO I CAN COME OVER AND BE WITH ANDY <3.

Also Andy, Olivia can drive now so if Wigi can't take me to come see you, she might. =D And she said when I see you today to give you a big hug for her.

Desh

Smash Ace
i think everyone can come to my place if dat maeks it easier? O_o my moms not gonna be home till like past 9 me thinks.
maybe 10.
and you know you could call every once and a while to see whats happening D:

anywho,
jay did you find out about friday? and whats happening with sunday? are we still gonna drive to see andy ? D:
if not im hitching a ride w/ olivia and stuvn

WIGI

Smash Champion
and you know you could call every once and a while to see whats happening D:

anywho,
jay did you find out about friday? and whats happening with sunday? are we still gonna drive to see andy ? D:
if not im hitching a ride w/ olivia and stuvn
well, eitehr im driving or my dad is.

soo yeah.

and friday im nto sure yet, my friends bday party is that night. so if we do go it would be late.

il aks sumpoint this week.

also.

im doing melee singles for sure. but then ima dip over and try to get eitehr brawl singles or doubles in, singles just to see how good i am/get some reputaion, and doubles if KC is going.

Il have to figure it all otu xD

EDIT:

parents are away 10 days in april, im staying at a friends house but il plan a smashfest and invite sum gta people. maybey run a small tournie where raynex isn;t allowed ot enter.

Top Bottom