• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
HEY THERES NO POO!

I know he doesnt have much of a chance but he should at least be meantioned on this

I mean smashboards makes threads about poo all the time

alot of people want poo

even though hes crap.

poo should be on this thread.

poo on wii FTW

Zevox

Smash Lord
only 2 FE reps ahhhhh no

what justifies ike replacing roy why isnt roy in there, ike plays nothing like roy

im sry but whoever made this they should think a little harder before making a roster
In a roster of only 35 characters, 2 Fire Emblem characters is precisely what we could expect.

And Ike replacing Roy really should have been obvious if you know anything about the series - many of us have expected it ever since Ike was revealed. Roy was in Melee solely as an advertisement - hes neither popular among FE fans nor important to the series. Ike, on the other hand, is quite popular among FE fans, and one of the only two characters of the series to star in two games (the other is of course Marth). Replacing Roy with Ike makes perfect sense.

Zevox

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
You're going to update your analysis of Ness, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Ness, yes?
Lucario, you mean. Unless I missed the second Ness analysis.

And now that I think about it, lol. Ness was in the "Other" category of Earthbound. I said to Chrono when he moved him I thought it was a bit pre-emptive.

Anyway, *goes of to read the analysis again before they are deleted.*

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I gotta say, this whole apparent roster-leak thing confuses me to no end. There needs to be a thread detailing the breakdown of how these conclusions are being reached, and linking the actual quotes from which they are being pulled.

Almost all I've seen in this thread from the beginning of this whole "prophet" are analogous claims made by people I'd never heard of, referenced by patrons of this thread; often summarized, but sparsely quoted directly. To be frank it's near impossible to wade through all of the crap. There's very little context; the wheres, whens, conditions under which predictions are being made, the exact wording of these claims, ect. And even when someone does post a direct link to their point of reference, it gets burried by a mound of pages (filled with MORE claims that have to be verified) before anyone can look into it or compare it to what was said twenty pages back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone's wrong, anyone is intentionally providing false information, or anyone is intentionally creating havok, but there's a reason the rest of the boards isn't in an uproar about the "official" 35-character roster, there has yet to be a clear, point by point demonstration (as I said before, citing sources, including links of WHERE so-and-so said WHAT, and WHEN they said it) that any of this is conclusive.

So, those of you who believe that this "prophet list" is accurate, why not create a sepparate thread, so that all of this information is in one place (as opposed to spread out through a 126 page thread)? Then, if you're really onto something, the rest of us can see exactly how you came to that conclusion, and if there's something you've overlooked, it can be pointed out, factored in, ect.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing is not pleasing everyone.
Another is not including three of the most wanted characters.
And yet another is pleasing hardly anyone.

No Geno, no Isaac, no Ridley, no Krystal, no Takamaru, no Claus, no Megaman, etc. Heck I would have been happy to see characters that I didn't believe had much of a chance anyway like Bowser Jr, Dark Samus, Midna, Lip, etc.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
And yet another is pleasing hardly anyone.

No Geno, no Isaac, no Ridley, no Krystal, no Takamaru, no Claus, no Megaman, etc. Heck I would have been happy to see characters that I didn't believe had much of a chance anyway like Bowser Jr, Dark Samus, Midna, Lip, etc.
I can understand several character choices depending heavily on popularity, but Ridley didn't depend on **** squat on that, still got a high position and didn't get in? He was the last newcomer character I expected to not make it. The LAST.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In a roster of only 35 characters, 2 Fire Emblem characters is precisely what we could expect.

And Ike replacing Roy really should have been obvious if you know anything about the series - many of us have expected it ever since Ike was revealed. Roy was in Melee solely as an advertisement - hes neither popular among FE fans nor important to the series. Ike, on the other hand, is quite popular among FE fans, and one of the only two characters of the series to star in two games (the other is of course Marth). Replacing Roy with Ike makes perfect sense.

Zevox
Contrary to popular belief, Roy is not as hated as you make him out to be. He is the most popular character from FE6 in Japan, and he is also very popular among casual players worldwide. What I don't understand is how Star Fox ended up getting 3 characters, and Metroid still getting stuck with one.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Contrary to popular belief, Roy is not as hated as you make him out to be. He is the most popular character from FE6 in Japan, and he is also very popular among casual players worldwide. What I don't understand is how Star Fox ended up getting 3 characters, and Metroid still getting stuck with one.
I didn't say he was hated, just that he wasn't popular among FE fans as a whole. And really, its no surprise hes the most popular from his game - most Lords are - but do take into account how little the GBA games are liked in Japan.

As for Star Fox/Metroid, I'd imagine Sakurai probably thinks of ZSS as a second character for Metroid even though we generally don't. In those terms, 3 Star Fox vs 2 Metroid makes some sense, given how popular Star Fox is. Besides, unless I've been having delusions for the last half a year or so, three Star Fox has been the general prediction for that series all along, so it shouldn't be that surprising, should it?

Zevox

626key

Smash Journeyman
I think that if star fox and metroid were to have 3 reps each it would be fox, falco and krystal and samus, Z S samus, and ridley leaving wolf and D samus to be SSE bosses

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I didn't say he was hated, just that he wasn't popular among FE fans as a whole. And really, its no surprise hes the most popular from his game - most Lords are - but do take into account how little the GBA games are liked in Japan.

As for Star Fox/Metroid, I'd imagine Sakurai probably thinks of ZSS as a second character for Metroid even though we generally don't. In those terms, 3 Star Fox vs 2 Metroid makes some sense, given how popular Star Fox is. Besides, unless I've been having delusions for the last half a year or so, three Star Fox has been the general prediction for that series all along, so it shouldn't be that surprising, should it?

Zevox
Sakurai himself admitted Zero Suit Samus was not a pure character addition. Also, it would be foolish to think Star Fox is more popular than Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Donkey Kong.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai himself admitted Zero Suit Samus was not a pure character addition. Also, it would be foolish to think Star Fox is more popular than Metroid, Fire Emblem, or Donkey Kong.
I agree with that, but diddy kong and donky kong are the only ones who could make it with a good moveset, metroid has many different bounty hunters, but only samus and ridley have been here from the start, I haven't play FE, so I don't have an argument for that

raul

Smash Lord
I agree with that, but diddy kong and donky kong are the only ones who could make it with a good moveset, metroid has many different bounty hunters, but only samus and ridley have been here from the start, I haven't play FE, so I don't have an argument for that
I think the DK series has lost alot of popularity. Its last good game I remember was DK64 and the rest have been so-so. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong were the only locks for Brawl, K. Rool as a hopeful. So I think it is safe to say that both Star Fox and Metroid will have 3 reps each. Who they will be outside of Fox, Samus and Zero Suit Samus, I don't know.

To me the bounty hunters are options for characters, but will most likely end up as AT's since Ridley and Dark Samus are more major characters in the series.

As far as FE goes, from what I understand, other than Ike, Marth is the most popular character from the series. In fact Marth IS the most popular lord, more popular than Roy. I think Marth will return with another new character from the FE series, probably, for example Micahiah since they may turn to the new existing characters.

Machete

Smash Ace
I agree with that, but diddy kong and donky kong are the only ones who could make it with a good movese
*Cough* K. Rool *cough*

Also, Metroid only needs Samus and Ridley, although it deserves more characters than Star Fox. Like Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem, really.

In those terms, 3 Star Fox vs 2 Metroid makes some sense, given how popular Star Fox is
Metroid is more popular than StarFox.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
The fact that even half-***** D.K. games like Barrel Blast are still selling fine indicated the big guys popularity isnt going anywhere. Just the release of a new D.K. game is becoming more and more devalued, mainly because of the half-assery of the devolpers.

And anyone who says K Rool doesnt have moveset potential is probably the same sort of person who thinks Ridley is too big for Brawl.

Barrel Blast isn't selling THAT well. Surprisingly well for its quality, but DK games, including Barrel Blast, have been doing poorly.

If we got five more reps, I'd be happy if we got King K. Rool, Ridley, Animal Crosser, Andy (Advance Wars), and Mewtwo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yes, because it's something special when the main character of the game is the most popular character from said game.

Also, roster is not real yet, and probably is totally fake. I mean, ROB from Starfox? Especially when there is no Geno, Krystal or Ridley (all highly requested and high on the poll).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think Zant is actually very probable for Brawl. And yes, I have beaten Twilight Princess, and I just happened to figure out that just because Ganondorf used Zant doesn't make him merely an AT, boss, or sticker.

Zant has a great backstory. And If you think about it, it'd be very easy to come up with a moveset for Zant. I'll come up with one right now:

<Standard Special Move: Energy Ball> (Zant fires a powerful, chargeable energy ball at the opponent that travels extremely fast)

<Side Speical Move: Sword Spin> (Zant spins his sword into the foe knocking them into the air)

<Down Special Move: Twliight Beast Army> (Depending on how long you hold down the button, 1-3 twlight beasts run out from behind Zant. They slap the opponent and beat them to the ground. They will be defeated after being hit by any regular move about 3 or 4 times)

<Up Special Move: Twilight Warp> (Zant vanishes for a few seconds, and a portal like the ones in TP appear around the area Zant reappears, and yes, the portal is moveable)

<Final Smash: Twilight Turmoil> (Zant covers the stage in twilight, charges an ultimate spin attack, and charges toward the opponent, who is turned into a twilight creature causing percent to climb rapidly. Then Zant hits the opponent. After that thy're pretty much dead.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I think Zant is actually very probable for Brawl. And yes, I have beaten Twilight Princess, and I just happened to figure out that just because Ganondorf used Zant doesn't make him merely an AT, boss, or sticker.

Zant has a great backstory. And If you think about it, it'd be very easy to come up with a moveset for Zant. I'll come up with one right now:

<Standard Special Move: Energy Ball> (Zant fires a powerful, chargeable energy ball at the opponent that travels extremely fast)

<Side Speical Move: Sword Spin> (Zant spins his sword into the foe knocking them into the air)

<Down Special Move: Twliight Beast Army> (Depending on how long you hold down the button, 1-3 twlight beasts run out from behind Zant. They slap the opponent and beat them to the ground. They will be defeated after being hit by any regular move about 3 or 4 times)

<Up Special Move: Twilight Warp> (Zant vanishes for a few seconds, and a portal like the ones in TP appear around the area Zant reappears, and yes, the portal is moveable)

<Final Smash: Twilight Turmoil> (Zant covers the stage in twilight, charges an ultimate spin attack, and charges toward the opponent, who is turned into a twilight creature causing percent to climb rapidly. Then Zant hits the opponent. After that thy're pretty much dead.
not to be rude, but Ganandorf, midna/wolf link, and WW link would come first

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yup, this is our roster most likely:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

All of the newcomers on this list have been confirmed by Remo and MarkMan, both of whom are famous leakers.
35 characters? Well... uh... I can't say much.

R.O.B. as Playable? If that's real, I now have my Main Sandbag now. I will enjoy beating up that one for stealing a better character's spot. (*coughIsaaccough*)

Zevox

Smash Lord
R.O.B. as Playable? If that's real, I now have my Main Sandbag now. I will enjoy beating up that one for stealing a better character's spot. (*coughIsaaccough*)
Sounds like what I plan on doing with Wolf. Keep Krystal out of Brawl will he... :demon:

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, I find the 35 character roster disappointing as well. My most wanted newcomer (Ridley) and my most wanted veteran (Roy) both did not make it. Oh well, the good news is that Brawl will be released one week from today in Japan. So at most, we will learn Brawl's entire roster in one week, and find out for sure whether the 35 character roster is the real deal or not. I think the entire roster is going to be revealed a few days prior to the Japanese release date thanks to Hong Kong.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Sounds like what I plan on doing with Wolf. Keep Krystal out of Brawl will he... :demon:

Zevox
I hate R.O.B: more D:

Anyways, Wolf is now your sandbag? Sweet, I expect seeing you around the Wi-Fi.

...If I get a Wii.

Personally, I find the 35 character roster disappointing as well. My most wanted newcomer (Ridley) and my most wanted veteran (Roy) both did not make it. Oh well, the good news is that Brawl will be released one week from today in Japan. So at most, we will learn Brawl's entire roster in one week, and find out for sure whether the 35 character roster is the real deal or not. I think the entire roster is going to be revealed a few days prior to the Japanese release date thanks to Hong Kong.
Most of people actually expected for it to have a 39 or more Character Roster.

Personally, I expected for 46, since I have some sort of feeling that this will be the latest addition to the Smash Bros. series.

Something tells me that the only dissapointing thing will be the roster, if this turns out true.

I will continue to remind people that, while we didn't get TOO many hidden newcomers this time around, it really was better than Melee, if we exclude the clones.

Sakurai was intending to add only eight newcomers to Melee, and what did we get in Brawl? 17. More than twice as much as we got in Melee. On top of THAT, they also had to recreate Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi, Young Link, and Ness. So in all intents and purposes, we got 22 new characters, since it WOULD have taken time to completely recreate the characters, Ganondorf and Young Link especially.

The 35 character roster is real, but you people are being way too pessimistic. It's disappointing that Ridley, Bowser Jr., Isaac, Krystal, etc. didn't get in, but we got tons of THE most popular reps - namely, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, etc., and in all likelihood, Sakurai is going to make all these clones and quasi-clones into unique characters. Really, we're getting a total of 39 versus 20 characters excluding clones, which means that more than half of the characters in Brawl will be a new experience - not in playing AS them, but playing their new moves.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I expected 35 as a minimum, 40 at max.
Nice.

I mentioned "most of people" anyway.

I will continue to remind people that, while we didn't get TOO many hidden newcomers this time around, it really was better than Melee, if we exclude the clones.
But taking into the possibility that it may be the last of the Smash Bros. games, I don't think it's quite a nice idea.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Zevox, Cronobound, i could use some answering about the "35 Prophet roster"

Link to the thread where i found out you two helped this:http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118859

"If these 3 leakers are right, then this is our roster" O_o...Nice job putting that together on those 3 leakers and interesting.

I must say that i'm very disappointed, out of all things, Falco AND wolf over Krystal? ROB? No isaac/sukapon/claus/ridley/geno/paper mario/krystal/ AND LOADS OF OTHER STUFF I COULD LIST.

This list is dead horrible, at least we got 15 newcomers out of it bbut i must say that i'm disappointed in this for sure, after seeing claus die on the battlefield then my 3 most wanted turned into Geno PM And Isaac and if this is right then...

I'm going to remain speculative about it, hopefully it's not true but if it is then it's time to face the music, at least i got lucario and lucas. :p

Oh and i forgot to say this but i still don't get it, the ends don't justify the means with this roster, Mario loses a rep, metroid get's no new ones, yet MOTHER and Starfox get a "+1" Rep and so on.

1. Three different people who have plenty to lose, one of them being a NeoGAF administrator who wouldn't vouch for someone and look bad if it turns out to be BS?

2. SSB is not ending with Brawl. Sakurai designed SSBB as IF it was the last Smash - online play, Stage Builder, downloadable content, etc. He never said it was the last SSB, he said that he made it with it being the last game in mind, basically adding as many cool features as humanly possible.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
1. Three different people who have plenty to lose, one of them being a NeoGAF administrator who wouldn't vouch for someone and look bad if it turns out to be BS?

2. SSB is not ending with Brawl. Sakurai designed SSBB as IF it was the last Smash - online play, Stage Builder, downloadable content, etc. He never said it was the last SSB, he said that he made it with it being the last game in mind, basically adding as many cool features as humanly possible.
Who you talkin' to? xD

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.

Sakurai was intending to add only eight newcomers to Melee, and what did we get in Brawl? 17. More than twice as much as we got in Melee. On top of THAT, they also had to recreate Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi, Young Link, and Ness. So in all intents and purposes, we got 22 new characters, since it WOULD have taken time to completely recreate the characters, Ganondorf and Young Link especially.

The 35 character roster is real, but you people are being way too pessimistic. It's disappointing that Ridley, Bowser Jr., Isaac, Krystal, etc. didn't get in, but we got tons of THE most popular reps - namely, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, etc., and in all likelihood, Sakurai is going to make all these clones and quasi-clones into unique characters. Really, we're getting a total of 39 versus 20 characters excluding clones, which means that more than half of the characters in Brawl will be a new experience - not in playing AS them, but playing their new moves.
I'm not sure if I said this in this thread or not, but my main beef with this particular roster is that it means Sakurai gave almost all the good stuff away up front. Why, if Sakurai already knew the number of newcomers that he was intending to bring to Brawl, would he release so many newcomers as Starters, when we already knew characters like G&W, Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Gannondorf (not to mentione Captain Falcon, though I expect to see him before release) were coming back? Why not make them Starters and save some of the surprises (Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede, Olimar, Diddy Kong) for unlockables? To me, the reason this roster looks bad is because over the last few months, we've gotten a lot of newcomers, and since there was no reason to that this would suddenly stop when we got to the unlockable characters (only two unlockables were returning characters in Melee), we've all been expecting a larger roster.

In the long run, I actually like the number 35. Several months ago, I was arguing vehemantly (sp?) that Brawl should not have a roster larger than 40, because it would be so hard for them to outdo in the next Smash Bros. game. So, I guess my frustration isn't with the number, it's that I feel like Sakurai built us up from day one towards something bigger. It isn't 35, it's more this 35, this late in the game.

But who knows, right? This roster is certainly not fact (yet, anyway), and in another week or so, we might all be rejoicing, complaining, or busy playing our imported versions of the game, and in the end I'm sure we'll all enjoy the game.

While we did get a bit too many, remember that we were originally only going to get five secret characters, and only three of them would be surprises.

Top Bottom