• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

In the end, we got 11 secret characters, 6 of which were clones, and these clones were not intended to be included until a later period in the game's development.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind 35 characters, but the characters in the rostr don't really add up. Although link to the snitch answered some of my questions, I do have a favor to ask of you Chrono. Can you make an anylasis on ROB possibly? Please and thank you!

Zevox

Smash Lord
Ah, Link to a Snitch, you were refering to Melee; I thought you were talking about Brawl.

So, this may not be anything at all, but I thought it at least warranted mention

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29966.html

What caught my eye was at 0:12. I have some ideas about it, but I thought I'd see what other people think before I weigh in.
Pretty obvious fake. Marth's image is from Fire Emblem DS, Wolf and Krystal's images are from assault, many of the characters have 2D art images (Toon Link, Micaiah, Ridley, etc), Ganondorf and Midna's images are straight from Twilight Princess, it calls Pikmin & Olimar just Olimar, calls Claus "Masked Man" (if hes in, they're not going to be worried about spoilers that way), it has Ashley on it, etc etc. Not sure why they have it in there or where they got it from, but its certainly not real.

Zevox

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
So who does? I'll say star fox, metroid, pokemon, and legend of zelda.
Agreed on all, here I have my number of reps some series should have (not counting the ones they have now obviously):

Mario- 2 (Geno and Bowser Jr or Paper Mario)*(not counting Luigi since I doubt he won't be in)

Legend Of Zelda- 2 (Ganondorf and WW Link)

Star Fox- 2 (Falco and Krystal or Wolf)

Metroid- 1 (Ridley)

Pokemon - 2 (Jigglypuff and Lucario or Metwo)

626key

Smash Journeyman
Agreed on all, here I have my number of reps some series should have (not counting the ones they have now obviously):

Mario- 2 (Geno and Bowser Jr or Paper Mario)*(not counting Luigi since I doubt he won't be in)

Legend Of Zelda- 2 (Ganondorf and WW Link)

Star Fox- 2 (Falco and Krystal or Wolf)

Metroid- 1 (Ridley)

Pokemon - 2 (Jigglypuff and Lucario or Metwo)
I don't think WW link will be in because he wasn't in TP, but maybe midna, wolf link, heck maybe even skull kid (yah he was in it)

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I don't think WW link will be in because he wasn't in TP, but maybe midna, wolf link, heck maybe even skull kid (yah he was in it)
Yeah I forgot to add a "/" in between WW Link/Midna. She has good chances, but Sakurai might add WW Link to represent the current Phantom Hourglass and Windwaker games. If he's not in, I'm sure Midna or a Midna/Wolf Link team will.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Sakuri has made it a point to say that all the Zelda fighters would be from TP
P.S. I think Geno and Paper Mario would be a better variety than Bowser jr.

Cake Suitcase

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone,

I'v been reading the forums for probably, almost 2 years now but never posted.

So ill throw my 2 cents in.

I think Metroid needs another rep.
I'm not a fan of Ridley, but i wouldn't mind him being in the game. I just cant picture him in it.

But Honestly I'd love to see Sparkster (from Rocket Knight Adventures) as a playable Character. that would be the greatest thing to me.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone,

I'v been reading the forums for probably, almost 2 years now but never posted.

So ill throw my 2 cents in.

I think Metroid needs another rep.
I'm not a fan of Ridley, but i wouldn't mind him being in the game. I just cant picture him in it.

But Honestly I'd love to see Sparkster (from Rocket Knight Adventures) as a playable Character. that would be the greatest thing to me.
Yah but he doesn't have much for him, not very well known, not on sakuri's poll
P.S. 2 years,!?! it was I read for a week before I broke down

Cake Suitcase

Smash Rookie
I know he's not on the poll, i just think it would be cool to have him in Brawl

and yeah almost 2 years :p I would just read up real quick like 4 times a week. and finally just decided to post.

626key

Smash Journeyman
If it were up to me, I would have it so that if your hooked up to the internet, you should be able to download new fighters or new things to unlock fighters

Cake Suitcase

Smash Rookie
that would be cool to be able to download new fighters. and just keep adding them to brawl. you wouldn't need to make another one :)

But really the whole create your own levels and share them with people is sweet enough for me.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Yes I don't recall Sakurai saying such a thing. Either way WW Link or Midna would make good Zelda reps, but I prefer WW Link first.
The TP thing may not be set in stone, but it also violates when sakuri said he would avoid clones

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I will be updating my analyses for Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Marth due to the icons in the commerical and the demos included in the game. Although, I probably won't get around to it until later today. I don't think there will be much updates left for this topic considering that we will be getting the entire roster next week.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm surprised at how quickly people wrote off the gametrailers video. Not that I disagree, I just expected there to be more commotion over it.

P.S. 2 years,!?! it was I read for a week before I broke down
That's not too long. I read for about 2 years or so before I had anything to say.

I will be updating my analyses for Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Marth due to the icons in the commerical and the demos included in the game. Although, I probably won't get around to it until later today. I don't think there will be much updates left for this topic considering that we will be getting the entire roster next week.
Wait, Marth? Did someone spot a Marth icon?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm surprised at how quickly people wrote off the gametrailers video. Not that I disagree, I just expected there to be more commotion over it.

That's not too long. I read for about 2 years or so before I had anything to say.

Wait, Marth? Did someone spot a Marth icon?
There is a demo of FE3, Marth's second game, in Brawl according to the Japanese section on the Dojo.

The rAt

Smash Ace
i was just thinking, what pokemon demo will they have? Will they use the gb games, or the first console game (pokemon stadium)?
Since it looks like these demos are mainly plugs for games available on VC, I would expect they'd use Pokemon Snap, since it's the only one currently available on the VC. I suppose they could also do Stadium, but I wouldn't expect they would use a GB game unless they plan on starting to release GB games on the Virtual Console.

Actually, I kinda wish they would start with the GB games. I've been wanting to play through Gold or Silver for quite some time, but my cartridge won't save anymore.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Since it looks like these demos are mainly plugs for games available on VC, I would expect they'd use Pokemon Snap, since it's the only one currently available on the VC. I suppose they could also do Stadium, but I wouldn't expect they would use a GB game unless they plan on starting to release GB games on the Virtual Console.

Actually, I kinda wish they would start with the GB games. I've been wanting to play through Gold or Silver for quite some time, but my cartridge won't save anymore.

yeah, well they are probably going to release gb games eventually, and i think this is as good a time as any.

The rAt

Smash Ace
yeah, well they are probably going to release gb games eventually, and i think this is as good a time as any.
Me too, but given that the two rumored new VC systems are apparently Sega Master System and Game Gear, I don't expect to see the GB or GB Color to make their entrance for awhile yet.

Also, I wish I had confidence in Nintendo realizing there is a market for Game Boy VC games, but I don't. This seems like something they'd be oblivious to.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Not to be rude, but we're getting off topic, and with about 2 days left, there's no time to waste
I think we should just go ahed and state our rosters, mine is in my signature

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Not to be rude, but we're getting off topic, and with about 2 days left, there's no time to waste
Heh, I'm just hoping that leaked 35 roster doesn't turn out to be true, anyways here's my roster prediction (work in progress):

Mario

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno
Bowser Jr/Paper Mario

Legend Of Zelda

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
WW Link/Midna

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Metroid

Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby

Kirby
Meta-Knight
King DeDeDe

Star Fox

Fox
Falco/Wolf
Krystal

Pokemon

Pokemon Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario

Fire Emblem

Ike
Marth

Mother

Lucas
Ness
Claus

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Yoshi

Yoshi

Wario

Wario

Retro

Ice Climbers
Pit
Mr. Game & Watch
Takamaru/Sukapon

Other

Captain Olimar
Isaac
Ray 01

Third Party

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

For a total of 45 characters, good and balanced if you ask me.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
you mean what we think the roster will be or what we want it to be? i havent the slightest clue of the actual roster, but heres my dream roster (i wont list characters that have already been confirmed):

Nintendo Characters
Dark Samus/Ridley
Wolf O'Donnell
Luigi
Lucario/Mewtwo/Dragonite
Captain Falcon/Black Shadow
Shadow Mario/Bowser jr
Mii
Ganondorf/Wolf Link/Wind Wakers Link
K. Rool

Non-Nintendo Characters
Goku
Cloud
Sora/Riku
Godzilla
Megaman/Megaman exe/Zero
Knuckles/Tails/Shadow the Hedgehog
Ryu/Ken
Spiderman/Venom
Leon Kennedy
Okami
Pacman
Bomberman

The rAt

Smash Ace
That was VERY rude. :p

Seriously, though, 2 days? What? The release date is the 31st. Sure, we may get a leak a day or two early, as Chronobound suggests, but are we going to really know if it's right until we see the Japanese version?

Regarding the roster in your sig, I don't know if you're shooting for a reaLISTic (ha ha, I couldn't resist) or a wishlist, but I'm fairly certain you can count out Miis at this point, based on the implications of this interview:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol2_page1.jsp
Also, based on this one, it doesn't sound like we'll be getting a playable rep for Animal Crossing (or Nintendogs, but we know that already):
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol5_page2.jsp

Guess we'll see, though.

EDIT: Looks like Snitch beat me out on the AC part. Well played.

Top Bottom