• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
There WILL be more than 35 characters. I guaruntee it.

that list is most likely fake. Sakurai would only give us that roster if he hated all of us.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Chronobound, I sincerely did respect you and acknowledge you, and even voted you on the most intelligent user category. But that was until you started to believe those fake prophets. I mean, I always liked how you did everything in an objective way, never being biased. But now you are breaking from these logicals sketches to listen to a bunch of atention whores. You ruined it all.

I mean, why? There are so many reasons. In Smash 64 there were 12 characters; in Melee, 26. More than the double. And now, in a game which has been delayed twice, which has been in development for a looong time (remember that Melee was rushed, yet still had more than double the amount of characters), and which aims to be certainly monumental, it just doesn't make sense at all that there are only nine new characters. Not at all.

There's that icon theory, also, that seems pretty logical and proves false that roster.

Also, remember it's Sakurai we're talking about. He'll never dissapoint us so bad. He knows what we want, he has heard everything we had to say, and now he's letting us down.

So, FAIL. Big and epic FAIL. I seriously didn't expect that from you, Chrono.

raul

Smash Lord
Yeah sorry I can't believe ROB is playable or that the fact that Ridley isn't in the game or Krystal for that matter, and that's coming from one of the Star Wolf Squadron Leaders. Sorry Chrono, but I think we're all jumping to huge conclusions. I'll give you Jiggly Puff and Lucario and I'll give you Ness, but without Krystal, Ridley and a few others, I just don't by it. While those would be a great day for Wolf fans, even I don't believe this. The prophets have let us down and I believe this too be another let-down.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chronobound, I sincerely did respect you and acknowledge you, and even voted you on the most intelligent user category. But that was until you started to believe those fake prophets. I mean, I always liked how you did everything in an objective way, never being biased. But now you are breaking from these logicals sketches to listen to a bunch of atention whores. You ruined it all.

I mean, why? There are so many reasons. In Smash 64 there were 12 characters; in Melee, 26. More than the double. And now, in a game which has been delayed twice, which has been in development for a looong time (remember that Melee was rushed, yet still had more than double the amount of characters), and which aims to be certainly monumental, it just doesn't make sense at all that there are only nine new characters. Not at all.

There's that icon theory, also, that seems pretty logical and proves false that roster.

Also, remember it's Sakurai we're talking about. He'll never dissapoint us so bad. He knows what we want, he has heard everything we had to say, and now he's letting us down.

I HATE the roster just as much as you. However, the writing on the wall suggests otherwise. I am hoping that I am wrong. I rather lose respect than have a poor roster such as this one.

Daisuke Sanrei

Smash Rookie
I HATE the roster just as much as you. However, the writing on the wall suggests otherwise. I am hoping that I am wrong. I rather lose respect than have a poor roster such as this one.
Well, I for one don't believe the writing is on the wall. In fact, I feel that the writing is one the wall AGAINST that roster, or more accurately, the writings on the screenshot. ;)

After all, I don't about you, but you can never totally confirm a leaker as true, even if they DO have good track records. And while you can't prove straight from conjecture of screenshots either, there you at least have physical evidence to support your conjecture, and that, to me, is stronger than what any faceless leaker can say.

So turn that frown upside down .... YOU MUST RECOVER! (your optimism, that is.)

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
So turn that frown upside down .... YOU MUST RECOVER! (your optimism, that is.)
My thoughts exactly. Don't let a bunch of people who just "seem" to be right get into your way of logic and objectiveness. You have always been more than that, seeing things from a distance, and then evaluating them.

Jumping into conclussion just because someone says so doesn't look like you.

So, yeah.

YOU MUST RECOVER!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We will find out in a week whether this list is true, when people have the game in their hands in Hong Kong. Ugh, had the game not been delayed we would have definitely known the roster by now.

raul

Smash Lord
Forgot everything and remember this: EVER TIME WE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS WE LAND ON A SPIKE and what I mean is, it always seems to get us in the end. I'd very skeptical about this leak. Perhaps the only this that is ok to assume is the Jiggly Puff, Lucario, Ness thing on the video. That seems ok, but the rest of it is very iffy.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman

QFT.

It's pretty much a given that we get more than 35 characters. Why? I'll explain.

Melee was rushed but did have double the amount of characters Smash 64 did.
Brawl has more than DOUBLE the development time that Melee had.
Brawl has a MUCH bigger team working on the game than Melee had.
Brawl was delayed TWO TIMES.
The Smash Bros series is shaping up to be one of the most important ones to the Nintendo consoles.

All these 'facts', yes I said it, make a roster with only 35 characters sound very very VERY wrong.

I'm not getting even close to believing this one, it's just plain ridiculously stupid.

raul

Smash Lord
The problem I have with this roster is that no new franchises are represented and ROB is playable, which I seriously doubt is happening, still I'm not saying it cant, I'm saying its unlikely. With no new franchises it seems very suspicious

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Yup, this is our roster most likely:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

All of the newcomers on this list have been confirmed by Remo and MarkMan, both of whom are famous leakers.
I'm agreeing with Chrono on this one. The leaks he cites seem pretty credible. :(

Like most I'm surprised to see Ridley, Krystal and Geno MIA (in the case of Ridley, I'm MORTIFIED) but in reality I have been expecting a 35-ish roster for some time now, sadly.

Nothing is for sure, but my feeling is that this is what we're getting. I hope I'm wrong, but at the same time I could live with this roster. If they spent this long on asuch a modest sized roster (compared to what we expected) it must be pretty balanced compared to Melee's....

Darkness Link453

Smash Rookie
Outside the Brawl Development building "I'll
I'm agreeing with Chrono on this one. The leaks he cites seem pretty credible. :(

Like most I'm surprised to see Ridley, Krystal and Geno MIA (in the case of Ridley, I'm MORTIFIED) but in reality I have been expecting a 35-ish roster for some time now, sadly.

Nothing is for sure, but my feeling is that this is what we're getting. I hope I'm wrong, but at the same time I could live with this roster. If they spent this long on asuch a modest sized roster (compared to what we expected) it must be pretty balanced compared to Melee's....

Hasn't rob already been decpnfirmed since he's an enemy in adventure mode????

raul

Smash Lord
Well we did get the ultra awesome Captain Olimar, so the game still has a very cool new franchise rep.
True, and if you count Wario ad Pit I guess, but still, that's it? What happen to more Metroid representation and more female characters? Olimar is the man yes, but he can't be the only new franchise. Something is very fishy here.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
It makes a pretty good roster in my eyes, I mean did people really expect to see megaman and what not in the list lets be serious here.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It makes a pretty good roster in my eyes, I mean did people really expect to see megaman and what not in the list lets be serious here.
yes we did, and I do expect him to be in.

I seriously doubt this is the final roster, and I'll just wait until jan 30th to see the final roster.

but in all seriousness, I highly doubt this is the final roster. it seems illogical, only giving us 35 characters, when the development team is this large, and they were given plenty of time to make this game. Not to mention the millions of smash fanboys breathing down sakurai's neck here.

so in short: this roster is teh suck, and cannot possibly be final. The only proof I have of it's fakyness is just pure common sense and logic. There is no way the smash team would let us down like this. Trust me.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Oh, this is delicious - in addition to everything else that roster has going for it, [post=3764747]Serebii cannot deconfirm it[/post]. He has however admitted that Lucario replacing Mewtwo is [post=3764688]completely correct[/post].

Well, this place being already in the process of exploding, I believe I'll be spending much less time here from now on. All thats left from where I'm sitting is to wait for the screenshots to pore in and confirm these leaks in about a week, and I can already tell I don't want to listen to all the whining thats already going on, much less everything we can expect when this becomes official.

Zevox

Machete

Smash Ace
If that's the roster, I don't know why Sakurai didn't put Krystal, Ridley and Mewtwo. There's no good reason against them (and I hate Krystal), Sakurai can't disappoint us so badly.

35 ****ing characters?! R.O.B?! If that's true, Brawl will be the most disappointing game ever.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
ChaosZero, the "dragoon" prophet has just deconfirmed the whole 35 character thing, so it's safe to say that the list is fake now.

nevertheless, I still want mewtwo to return >_>

Megaman should be one of the least to get into brawl i mean nintendo characters should out-prioritise 3rd party in my opinion.
please. Megaman is more of a nintendo character than most 1st party characters in smash right now. he was at least more deserving than sonic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ChaosZero, the "dragoon" prophet has just deconfirmed the whole 35 character thing, so it's safe to say that the list is fake now.

nevertheless, I still want mewtwo to return >_>

please. Megaman is more of a nintendo character than most 1st party characters in smash right now. he was at least more deserving than sonic.
Where did ChaosZero say this?

raul

Smash Lord
Oh, this is delicious - in addition to everything else that roster has going for it, [post=3764747]Serebii cannot deconfirm it[/post]. He has however admitted that Lucario replacing Mewtwo is [post=3764688]completely correct[/post].

Well, this place being already in the process of exploding, I believe I'll be spending much less time here from now on. All thats left from where I'm sitting is to wait for the screenshots to pore in and confirm these leaks in about a week, and I can already tell I don't want to listen to all the whining thats already going on, much less everything we can expect when this becomes official.

Zevox
Wow Zevox, if youre agreeing with this leak than maybe I should. I mean, I've always respected your opinions so its hard for me to argue against you. I mean, ok Lucario is in and Jiggly Puff, but everything else is so strange, I am shocked.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
He recently made a post on gamefaqs saying that the 35 roster was most likely a lie.

also, if we believe him so far, he says that wolf, falcon and ganondorf were in. Nyasenya(which is where the whole 35 roster thing came from, i believe.) also said that toon link and falco were in. If we add those to the currently 31 char roster, that makes it 37, which is over 35.

People HATE this roster?

Wow, it's a perfectly good roster. If Trainer, Olimar, Dedede, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Wario, Ike, Snake, Sonic, Lucas, and Pit weren't revealed, people would be freaking out over it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
He didn't. He made one post in the leak index thread where he said, in what he admits is an attempt at giving everyone presently despairing some hope, that his source once gave him the vague statement that "most of the series will have around 3 characters". That post is [post=3763987]here[/post].

I also found one on GameFAQs where he says he has the gut feeling its wrong (here), but it sure doesn't sound like he can deconfirm it outright from what I'm reading.

raul said:
Wow Zevox, if youre agreeing with this leak than maybe I should. I mean, I've always respected your opinions so its hard for me to argue against you. I mean, ok Lucario is in and Jiggly Puff, but everything else is so strange, I am shocked.
*shrugs* I'm just one human, so you shouldn't necessarily believe it just because I do. However, since I've been following these leaks and paying special attention to those that agree with NyaseNya for so long, everything I've seen does indeed have me pretty well convinced this is the real deal. If someone can find something that isn't grasping at straws which contradicts this, perhaps my doubts will reemerge, but I doubt it'll happen.

tirkaro said:
also, if we believe him so far, he says that wolf, falcon and ganondorf were in. Nyasenya(which is where the whole 35 roster thing came from, i believe.) also said that toon link and falco were in. If we add those to the currently 31 char roster, that makes it 37, which is over 35.
You do realize the 35 character roster is not including transformations, right? Which means we get exactly 35 by combining ChaosZero, NyaseNya, and ShadowXOR/MarkMan/Reno with the Dojo, because Sheik and ZSS aren't counted in the total.

Zevox

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
The roster is good... but not GREAT. But you can't please everyone, and to be honest I was sold the first trailer I saw when Meta Knight was all in my face.

But I don't really believe everything I hear unless I see it for myself... Its hard not to believe a "famous" leaker, but on the internet its hard to tell when people try to screw with your head. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to it, even with a smaller roster.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Theres a problem with this roster:Balance.Super Star Fox Brothers?Metroid without a real newcomer?Too many pokemon!
Lets hope that this is BS.Im not buying it anymore..

Zevox

Smash Lord
And another tidbit about that roster has surfaced: one of the mods on NeoGaf has affirmed that Reno (and by extension, MarkMan) is telling the truth.

For those not immediately aware of the significance of that, many of the mods at NeoGaf are involved in the gaming industry, so its fairly likely at least one of them knows the roster. Plus they have a policy of IP-banning anyone who gives out false information on upcoming games. The fact that they not only did not ban MarkMan and Reno but that one stood up for them can only mean one thing.

Zevox

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Add Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff... And put Ice Climbers and Pit in their own series. They belong to "Ice Climber" and "Kid Icarus", NOT "Retro". You're making them sad and they feel less important than the others. :(

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
only 2 FE reps ahhhhh no

what justifies ike replacing roy why isnt roy in there, ike plays nothing like roy

im sry but whoever made this they should think a little harder before making a roster

Top Bottom