The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
NNID
Takamaru64
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Exactly. We don't really have any news to be excited for. I say we've just been hiding in the SHADOWS for now.
We've lost the battle, but not the war.
At least there is Sonic Team Racing. I bet most of you want to race as Shadow in that game. It will be great as Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, even with the Sonic only cast.

3DSNinja

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that is cool. I have been watching super Mario Bros Z lately, and it is amazing. shadow is such a badass. pardon my language. Also, add me to the supporters list please.

Jeanbob

Smash Rookie
Shadow is my favorite character in the Sonic serie, and one of my favorite in video games in general. I was extremely disappointed when I saw him as an assist trophie, again... I really don't know why Sonic has only one playable character while it has an important story with Nintendo. Come on, Sakurai, Shadow would have been a perfect semi-clone and Knuckles would be very cool too !
A part of me hopes that a second fighter pass could happen with assists trophies made playables, but it would be surprising, sadly...

I don't think this is being passed around enough from what I've seen.

Apparently there has been 16 dummy slots discovered in the game, and one of them is being used for Piranha Plant. So that means 15 left...which conveniently translates to three fighter pass cycles.

So what this means for supporters of any character, and especially ATs, is that it's very likely we're going to be getting a long cycle of DLC. Fighter Passes 2 and 3 on top of the first one we have now that is starting with Joker.

...which means we need to keep our spirits (heh) up! Perhaps we WILL be getting AT redemption after all in pass 2 or 3! It'd really suck if all ATs and Spirits were permadoomed for 10 years just because they're in that classification now.

Chinderblock

Whip It Good
Premium
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
NNID
Irene4
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like, a roster slot you mean? I don't think so, judging by how they don't get their own fighter number and aren't allowed to be separated from their parent.
They actually do have a literal slot on the roster. But you can't stack them onto their parent as well as an option.

They still have an in-game data slot as well, not unlike other alternate costumes(that are significant, like the Koopalings, gender alts, or major differences like Construction Mario).

They actually do have a literal slot on the roster. But you can't stack them onto their parent as well as an option.

They still have an in-game data slot as well, not unlike other alternate costumes(that are significant, like the Koopalings, gender alts, or major differences like Construction Mario).
Ah, my mistake then.

Technomage

Smash Cadet
Say, how many people would be okay with Shadow having guns in his moveset like in Shadow the Hedgehog? I'd personally be open to that idea, since it could make him less of a clone.

Chinderblock

Whip It Good
Premium
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
NNID
Irene4
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Say, how many people would be okay with Shadow having guns in his moveset like in Shadow the Hedgehog? I'd personally be open to that idea, since it could make him less of a clone.
I liked the idea a Brawl mod did, where using Down B actually made you draw a gun among the Item Pool. Having him get different ones might be a better idea. His Handgun, Chao Gun, Gatling Gun, and the Satellite Laser. They are all rather different. Chao Gun could basically make the bullets go around a bit more rapidly, so it would create chaos itself. Gatling Gun is a ton of fast shots, much faster than Fox's laser(say 10 shots per second, though not sure the best amount total), with the same factor of not doing any knockback. Handgun is just a straight shot, more akin to Wolf's, and not spammable. Maybe it could stun a bit, but also do the most damage on its own? Satellite Laser feels like a really neat Final Smash, though, as it could drop down lasers onto the opponent(s) for massive damage, and stun them for a little bit so you can win via your own attacks. Basically like a reverse of Peach's; you deal damage but stun them instead of being able to heal yourself. It also wouldn't last nearly as long as her Sleep effects.

3DSNinja

Smash Journeyman
I would have guns in f-tilt, and aerials. I would have down-b be Chaos Boost, similar to limit, but you get it by dealing damage and charging the gauge, not by taking damage. Then, when Chaos Boost is fully hxarged, your down-b would be Chaos Control, basically Sm4sh Witch Time but way less broken. final smash would be Chaos Blast of course.

Guns in his moveset? Eh, I don't think there's any chance that will happen. I think most people are past Shadow having guns now. Ever since his disaster of a solo outing, Shadow's been nothing but a laughingstock. It's not unjustified either, imo. Sonic characters using guns is wack. So as for guns being a part of his moveset, forget it.

That being said, I still love Shadow because his edginess was the coolest thing to me back when I was in elementary school (although now I just find it HILARIOUS). So I would 100% back a Shadow echo with Joker's guns, just for the memes that it would bring. Although I think him 100% copy/pasting Sonic's moveset is the more likely outcome if he were ever to be considered (which I am very doubtful of as DLC for Ultimate).

Last edited: