• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Exactly. We don't really have any news to be excited for. I say we've just been hiding in the SHADOWS for now.
We've lost the battle, but not the war.
At least there is Sonic Team Racing. I bet most of you want to race as Shadow in that game. It will be great as Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, even with the Sonic only cast.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yeah, that is cool. I have been watching super Mario Bros Z lately, and it is amazing. shadow is such a badass. pardon my language. Also, add me to the supporters list please.

Jeanbob

Smash Rookie
Shadow is my favorite character in the Sonic serie, and one of my favorite in video games in general. I was extremely disappointed when I saw him as an assist trophie, again... I really don't know why Sonic has only one playable character while it has an important story with Nintendo. Come on, Sakurai, Shadow would have been a perfect semi-clone and Knuckles would be very cool too !
A part of me hopes that a second fighter pass could happen with assists trophies made playables, but it would be surprising, sadly...

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I don't think this is being passed around enough from what I've seen.

Apparently there has been 16 dummy slots discovered in the game, and one of them is being used for Piranha Plant. So that means 15 left...which conveniently translates to three fighter pass cycles.

So what this means for supporters of any character, and especially ATs, is that it's very likely we're going to be getting a long cycle of DLC. Fighter Passes 2 and 3 on top of the first one we have now that is starting with Joker.

...which means we need to keep our spirits (heh) up! Perhaps we WILL be getting AT redemption after all in pass 2 or 3! It'd really suck if all ATs and Spirits were permadoomed for 10 years just because they're in that classification now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like, a roster slot you mean? I don't think so, judging by how they don't get their own fighter number and aren't allowed to be separated from their parent.
They actually do have a literal slot on the roster. But you can't stack them onto their parent as well as an option.

They still have an in-game data slot as well, not unlike other alternate costumes(that are significant, like the Koopalings, gender alts, or major differences like Construction Mario).

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
They actually do have a literal slot on the roster. But you can't stack them onto their parent as well as an option.

They still have an in-game data slot as well, not unlike other alternate costumes(that are significant, like the Koopalings, gender alts, or major differences like Construction Mario).
Ah, my mistake then.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
After looking at the echo characters we got, I still don't see how Shadow wasn't considered by either Sakurai or Sega. Especially when one of them (Dark Pit) is a parody of edgy characters.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Say, how many people would be okay with Shadow having guns in his moveset like in Shadow the Hedgehog? I'd personally be open to that idea, since it could make him less of a clone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Say, how many people would be okay with Shadow having guns in his moveset like in Shadow the Hedgehog? I'd personally be open to that idea, since it could make him less of a clone.
I liked the idea a Brawl mod did, where using Down B actually made you draw a gun among the Item Pool. Having him get different ones might be a better idea. His Handgun, Chao Gun, Gatling Gun, and the Satellite Laser. They are all rather different. Chao Gun could basically make the bullets go around a bit more rapidly, so it would create chaos itself. Gatling Gun is a ton of fast shots, much faster than Fox's laser(say 10 shots per second, though not sure the best amount total), with the same factor of not doing any knockback. Handgun is just a straight shot, more akin to Wolf's, and not spammable. Maybe it could stun a bit, but also do the most damage on its own? Satellite Laser feels like a really neat Final Smash, though, as it could drop down lasers onto the opponent(s) for massive damage, and stun them for a little bit so you can win via your own attacks. Basically like a reverse of Peach's; you deal damage but stun them instead of being able to heal yourself. It also wouldn't last nearly as long as her Sleep effects.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I would have guns in f-tilt, and aerials. I would have down-b be Chaos Boost, similar to limit, but you get it by dealing damage and charging the gauge, not by taking damage. Then, when Chaos Boost is fully hxarged, your down-b would be Chaos Control, basically Sm4sh Witch Time but way less broken. final smash would be Chaos Blast of course.

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Guns in his moveset? Eh, I don't think there's any chance that will happen. I think most people are past Shadow having guns now. Ever since his disaster of a solo outing, Shadow's been nothing but a laughingstock. It's not unjustified either, imo. Sonic characters using guns is wack. So as for guns being a part of his moveset, forget it.

That being said, I still love Shadow because his edginess was the coolest thing to me back when I was in elementary school (although now I just find it HILARIOUS). So I would 100% back a Shadow echo with Joker's guns, just for the memes that it would bring. Although I think him 100% copy/pasting Sonic's moveset is the more likely outcome if he were ever to be considered (which I am very doubtful of as DLC for Ultimate).

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Yo Shadow fans! I stumbled upon a mod that is making brawl into a Sonic fighting game! Shadow is playable too! I am so excited I can't contain myself. I tried sharing a link to their discord but I guess I can't. But here is a video of their mod! https://youtu.be/8QhSoAQGHnI

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I support Shadow, even though I hate Sonic, I think he could be a semi-clone or full-clone of Sonic. I have no doubt he will be playable in Smash 6.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
Yo Shadow fans! I stumbled upon a mod that is making brawl into a Sonic fighting game! Shadow is playable too! I am so excited I can't contain myself. I tried sharing a link to their discord but I guess I can't. But here is a video of their mod! https://youtu.be/8QhSoAQGHnI
Have you ever played the mod Legacy XP 2.1? Shadow is in there and he looks really good

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever played the mod Legacy XP 2.1? Shadow is in there and he looks really good
I have not. I have heard of it and I want to try that Mod. My two most wanted characters are in that game (Shadow + Waluigi)

Sonic Duel though has everything a the board has been fighting for as a second sonic rep.

(Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow, Silver, and Billy Hatcher (that's my big pick that will never happen).

Just sharing with the world.

Anyways, so Shadow fans? What colors do you want to see on Shadow for alts?

I support Shadow, even though I hate Sonic, I think he could be a semi-clone or full-clone of Sonic. I have no doubt he will be playable in Smash 6.
I really hope so... I thought this game was the one. :(

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, so Shadow fans? What colors do you want to see on Shadow for alts?
Mephiles and the yellow Shadow android colors were the first that came to my mind
1560980837424.png

Shadow Supporters: 163
#
  • 15365ion
  • 3DSNinja
  • 7NATOR
  • 92MilesPrower
A
  • Aeon Lupin
  • Akg0001
  • alemerltoucanet
  • amazonevan19
  • AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea
  • AreJay25
  • Arkaizer
  • Arthur97
  • AustarusIV
B
  • BandanaWaddleDee
  • Barbasol
  • BluePikmin11
  • BravadoMan_13
  • BreadnJamTomorrow
C
  • Camc10
  • ChocolatGelgato
  • Chrono.
  • Cool Guy 36
  • CrossDispatcher
  • CrusherMania1592
D
  • Dark2020
  • DarkFoxTeam
  • Darklabo
  • DaUsername
  • dangeraaron10
  • Dee Dude
  • Diem
  • Dixie Kong
  • dkkrang95
  • Dragoncharystary
E
  • Erotic&Heretic
F
  • FalconFire93
  • FancySmash
  • Fastblade5035
  • FooltheFlames
G
  • gebi
  • GreekGamer
  • Geoffrey Druyts
  • Giga Kaiju
  • GlitchWarrior
  • Girnee
  • GM_3826
  • GoldenYuiitusin
  • grizby2
H
  • hermes
  • Houndstooth
  • hposter
  • hydrokyogre
I
  • IanTheGamer
  • Insomneko
  • Isaac: Venus Adept
K
  • kaithehedgefox
  • Keeshu
  • Klimax
  • KMDP
  • kodoru__
  • kylexv
J
  • jamershinobioneobi02
  • Jeanbob
  • JesseMcCloud
L
  • LeeSmash4Me
  • Legendary Spirit Tamer
  • Llort A. Ton
  • Luigifan18
M
  • Madwario
  • magiciandude
  • Maikou
  • MainJPW
  • majorasmaskfan
  • Masonomace
  • Mastermiine
  • Mikegamer0608
  • Mikeline
  • Mogu
  • MonkeyDLenny
  • Mr. Trumo
  • murdokdracul
  • mynameisBlade
N
  • Nauzgo
  • NessAtc.
  • NIckynickreviews
  • Nikster31
  • Nin*Rose
  • No Sympathy
  • NotTabuu
  • nuclearneo577
O
  • OhMyBanana54
  • OnePerson
P
  • PhilosophicAnimal
  • Pinkanator
  • P.Kat
  • Playat
  • Primal Cookie
  • psb123
  • Putuk
Q
  • QcSlayer

R
  • RandomAce
  • RC-3197
S
  • Saiko18
  • SchAlternate
  • scoobymcsnack
  • Scottfrankd
  • Sean Wheeler
  • SEGAGameBoy
  • SegaNintendoUbisoft
  • ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  • shinhed-echi
  • Shiny Porygon
  • ShortcutButton
  • Ashen Jedi
  • Sirfishe
  • slambros
  • SmashChu
  • smashingDoug
  • Smashing Ramen
  • Smashoperatingbuddy123
  • smash puffle
  • Sølid
  • SonicMario
  • SpaceCadetKeon
  • spoilerowl
  • StarLight42
  • StormC
  • Super Flygon
  • SuperNintendoKid
T
  • Takasmash
  • TCT~Phantom
  • T-Donor66
  • Tempest
  • TerminatorLOL
  • TheFVguy
  • THE 6r
  • The King of Skulls
  • The Legendary Beast
  • thirsty-pocket
  • ThoughtfulWanderer
  • Tikivoy
  • TMNTSSB4
  • Tornado_Man
  • Toucan_Man
  • TRA| Kay
  • Travix Man
  • Troykv
  • TyrantLizardKing
U
  • UberMadman
V
  • valkiriforce
  • VexTheHex
  • vVv Rapture
W
  • Wonks Wonks
X
  • xAquaCrystal
  • Xenorange
  • xNaz
  • XTRAordinaryZG
Y
  • YoYoFantaFanta
Z
  • Zabadoo
  • ZagarTulip
  • zeldasmash
  • Zoljinx_
  • ZTurtle

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Mephiles and the yellow Shadow android colors were the first that came to my mind
View attachment 228632

Shadow Supporters: 163
#
  • 15365ion
  • 3DSNinja
  • 7NATOR
  • 92MilesPrower
A
  • Aeon Lupin
  • Akg0001
  • alemerltoucanet
  • amazonevan19
  • AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea
  • AreJay25
  • Arkaizer
  • Arthur97
  • AustarusIV
B
  • BandanaWaddleDee
  • Barbasol
  • BluePikmin11
  • BravadoMan_13
  • BreadnJamTomorrow
C
  • Camc10
  • ChocolatGelgato
  • Chrono.
  • Cool Guy 36
  • CrossDispatcher
  • CrusherMania1592
D
  • Dark2020
  • DarkFoxTeam
  • Darklabo
  • DaUsername
  • dangeraaron10
  • Dee Dude
  • Diem
  • Dixie Kong
  • dkkrang95
  • Dragoncharystary
E
  • Erotic&Heretic
F
  • FalconFire93
  • FancySmash
  • Fastblade5035
  • FooltheFlames
G
  • gebi
  • GreekGamer
  • Geoffrey Druyts
  • Giga Kaiju
  • GlitchWarrior
  • Girnee
  • GM_3826
  • GoldenYuiitusin
  • grizby2
H
  • hermes
  • Houndstooth
  • hposter
  • hydrokyogre
I
  • IanTheGamer
  • Insomneko
  • Isaac: Venus Adept
K
  • kaithehedgefox
  • Keeshu
  • Klimax
  • KMDP
  • kodoru__
  • kylexv
J
  • jamershinobioneobi02
  • Jeanbob
  • JesseMcCloud
L
  • LeeSmash4Me
  • Legendary Spirit Tamer
  • Llort A. Ton
  • Luigifan18
M
  • Madwario
  • magiciandude
  • Maikou
  • MainJPW
  • majorasmaskfan
  • Masonomace
  • Mastermiine
  • Mikegamer0608
  • Mikeline
  • Mogu
  • MonkeyDLenny
  • Mr. Trumo
  • murdokdracul
  • mynameisBlade
N
  • Nauzgo
  • NessAtc.
  • NIckynickreviews
  • Nikster31
  • Nin*Rose
  • No Sympathy
  • NotTabuu
  • nuclearneo577
O
  • OhMyBanana54
  • OnePerson
P
  • PhilosophicAnimal
  • Pinkanator
  • P.Kat
  • Playat
  • Primal Cookie
  • psb123
  • Putuk
Q
  • QcSlayer

R
  • RandomAce
  • RC-3197
S
  • Saiko18
  • SchAlternate
  • scoobymcsnack
  • Scottfrankd
  • Sean Wheeler
  • SEGAGameBoy
  • SegaNintendoUbisoft
  • ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  • shinhed-echi
  • Shiny Porygon
  • ShortcutButton
  • Ashen Jedi
  • Sirfishe
  • slambros
  • SmashChu
  • smashingDoug
  • Smashing Ramen
  • Smashoperatingbuddy123
  • smash puffle
  • Sølid
  • SonicMario
  • SpaceCadetKeon
  • spoilerowl
  • StarLight42
  • StormC
  • Super Flygon
  • SuperNintendoKid
T
  • Takasmash
  • TCT~Phantom
  • T-Donor66
  • Tempest
  • TerminatorLOL
  • TheFVguy
  • THE 6r
  • The King of Skulls
  • The Legendary Beast
  • thirsty-pocket
  • ThoughtfulWanderer
  • Tikivoy
  • TMNTSSB4
  • Tornado_Man
  • Toucan_Man
  • TRA| Kay
  • Travix Man
  • Troykv
  • TyrantLizardKing
U
  • UberMadman
V
  • valkiriforce
  • VexTheHex
  • vVv Rapture
W
  • Wonks Wonks
X
  • xAquaCrystal
  • Xenorange
  • xNaz
  • XTRAordinaryZG
Y
  • YoYoFantaFanta
Z
  • Zabadoo
  • ZagarTulip
  • zeldasmash
  • Zoljinx_
  • ZTurtle
That's cool! Though, Idk how strict sega would be to keep Shadow Black and Red.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
That's cool! Though, Idk how strict sega would be to keep Shadow Black and Red.
I mean then yellow Shadow is an alt color they used themselves in the Shadow the Hedgehog multiplier mode, so that would be a strange restriction for them to set. But I guess you never know.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I mean then yellow Shadow is an alt color they used themselves in the Shadow the Hedgehog multiplier mode, so that would be a strange restriction for them to set. But I guess you never know.
Yeah.. IDK. Would be cool though. I just hope shadow makes it in smash 6. This tease was so brutal. I thought he was a shoe in after showing Knuckles.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah.. IDK. Would be cool though. I just hope shadow makes it in smash 6. This tease was so brutal. I thought he was a shoe in after showing Knuckles.
Well Knuckles, Tails and Shadow have a high chance of becoming playable in Smash 6. And I'd be happy if Sally (Sonic) became an assist trophy in Smash 6 when Shadow becomes playable.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Well Knuckles, Tails and Shadow have a high chance of becoming playable in Smash 6. And I'd be happy if Sally (Sonic) became an assist trophy in Smash 6 when Shadow becomes playable.
I feel like smash 6 will be like 6 years away sadly. I hope we get an Assist DLC promotion fighters pack beforehand. I really want shadow and Waluigi in.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I feel like smash 6 will be like 6 years away sadly. I hope we get an Assist DLC promotion fighters pack beforehand. I really want shadow and Waluigi in.
I know, the problem with making characters who have a potential to be playable as an assist trophy due to lack of time and resources can be a nuisance. Cause it's like we have to wait several years just to have them playable.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I know, the problem with making characters who have a potential to be playable as an assist trophy due to lack of time and resources can be a nuisance. Cause it's like we have to wait several years just to have them playable.
And I was adamant that Shadow was in since the day that they announced Echo fighters and showed of Knuckles. I thought he was 100% in. I was very sad on the last direct he was shown off.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Shadow is the easiest assist to promote because you can just swap the model with Silver. So yeah, would be surprised if he wasn’t promoted in an assist promotion.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Shadow is the easiest assist to promote because you can just swap the model with Silver. So yeah, would be surprised if he wasn’t promoted in an assist promotion.
Silver can't do Chaos control. And the voice actors are different.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Silver used Chaos Control in ‘06. And so what, record a new voice line, or just put in the line from ‘06. Or put in It’s No Use for the memes.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Or they could disable the character from the AT's summonable list if that character is in the match

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If I made a playable Shadow mod, I could make a model of Beck (Mighty no 9) to replace Shadow's assist trophy. We just need to replace/remove the voice clip. And plus, in fanon, Beck could once use the double gear system. The speed gear allows Beck to slow down time which is similar to Chaos Control.

You can check out a thread I made about assist trophy skins here.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Okay guys the idea of a 2nd fighters pass is really interesting at this point in time. I found this I’m from one of the YouTube videos I was watching:

I’m in the mind of possibly getting a 2nd fighters pass but things are starting to look less likely as time goes on given that interview where Sakurai mentioned as the fighter pass continues, the development team gets smaller and given that comment Sakurai made in the hero direct that they are running low on budget, yeah I’m not so sure about a 2nd pass anymore.

However, it is still possible, just not as likely but if it does happen the most low budget way WOULD. The best course of action would probably be to use the assist trophies due to the fact they have many assets to use like character models and animations fighters have (getting grabbed and air dodging for example) so it’s very possible to go for those especially given the fact Nintendo heard us about our outcry for waluigi and maybe even Isaac!

Now the only problem is let’s say this does happen. The characters who get picked will most likely be characters whose franchises are already represented through stages,music, and playable characters, that way they don’t have to pay extra for additional music or a stage. This unfortunately doesn’t help out the chances for Isaac or Bomberman or heck even Shovel Knight but others like Lyn, Waluigi, Shadow, Knuckles, Rodin, Zero, and Alucard would be much more likely. Of course some dlc characters in the past got in without a stage or music but in a dlc situation, they would probably want to go all in or just not have the character at all.

It would still be a good pass though and would probably be cheaper given the lack of spirits and stage so if it ever were to happen and I really hope it does, I believe this is how it would happen.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay guys the idea of a 2nd fighters pass is really interesting at this point in time. I found this I’m from one of the YouTube videos I was watching:

I’m in the mind of possibly getting a 2nd fighters pass but things are starting to look less likely as time goes on given that interview where Sakurai mentioned as the fighter pass continues, the development team gets smaller and given that comment Sakurai made in the hero direct that they are running low on budget, yeah I’m not so sure about a 2nd pass anymore.

However, it is still possible, just not as likely but if it does happen the most low budget way WOULD. The best course of action would probably be to use the assist trophies due to the fact they have many assets to use like character models and animations fighters have (getting grabbed and air dodging for example) so it’s very possible to go for those especially given the fact Nintendo heard us about our outcry for waluigi and maybe even Isaac!

Now the only problem is let’s say this does happen. The characters who get picked will most likely be characters whose franchises are already represented through stages,music, and playable characters, that way they don’t have to pay extra for additional music or a stage. This unfortunately doesn’t help out the chances for Isaac or Bomberman or heck even Shovel Knight but others like Lyn, Waluigi, Shadow, Knuckles, Rodin, Zero, and Alucard would be much more likely. Of course some dlc characters in the past got in without a stage or music but in a dlc situation, they would probably want to go all in or just not have the character at all.

It would still be a good pass though and would probably be cheaper given the lack of spirits and stage so if it ever were to happen and I really hope it does, I believe this is how it would happen.
I rather them just make a Deluxe version of Ultimate

Anyway though Waluigi would make the most since...along with others like Krystal, Lyn, Skull Kid, Ashley Getting 3rd party Characters, even if from a already represented franchise and in the game in an unplayable form would still probably take alot of work. i could see them just going with first party honestly...

Though anything could happen, so i don't know

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
If there are going to be more DLC characters after the fighter pass. Then maybe having a lower budget could lead the team to making a echo pass, since echo fighters would be quicker and cheaper to make.

That would be Shadow's only real shot of getting in at this point, honestly. Since he is only a popular request from an echo context.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If there are going to be more DLC characters after the fighter pass. Then maybe having a lower budget could lead the team to making a echo pass, since echo fighters would be quicker and cheaper to make.

That would be Shadow's only real shot of getting in at this point, honestly. Since he is only a popular request from an echo context.
Ehhh, I don't know

I would say there's more to Shadow's Popularity within Smash than him being a Potential Echo

Like Shadow's Popularity wouldn't have exploded as it did if he was just popular Echo Suggestion. His Popularity in my opinion would be more tame

I think it's just from the Longest Time Shadow, and by extension a 2nd Sonic Rep was just considered unrealisable for the time. When Knux's Assist Trophy was shown and Not Shadow's, and Richter was Revealed, People now realized that Shadow was actually Realizable Character.

Shadow's Popularity was always there, you could look at all the mods of him for Smash 4 and Brawl Especially, but people always considered him a meme before Ultimate was a Thing

Anyway though i don't know if an Echo Pass is really a good Idea. Echo Fighters are supposed to be padding for the Roster, not Main Course meals you know. and even if there was one i doubt Shadow , or any their 3rd party character would be in it (if he is conceived as echo). I don't know if the licensing is worth it for what would amount to Re-skinned Sonic

Yeah they have Shadow Assist in game, but i bet you the licensing for an Assist trophy and a full on playable character are different

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Anyway though i don't know if an Echo Pass is really a good Idea. Echo Fighters are supposed to be padding for the Roster, not Main Course meals you know. and even if there was one i doubt Shadow , or any their 3rd party character would be in it (if he is conceived as echo). I don't know if the licensing is worth it for what would amount to Re-skinned Sonic

Yeah they have Shadow Assist in game, but i bet you the licensing for an Assist trophy and a full on playable character are different
The Fighter pass would already be the main course meal. I aware that a echo pass would be padding, but if we are going to get anything else with a lower budget, that is what I would expect.

I don't know anything about how licensing work, so I don't now if it would cost more to use him again in the game in a different role. But if Shadow was to get in a Smash roster, he would't be anything more then a Sonic echo/clone. I'm just saying Shadow's only chance to make the roster in Ultimate at this point is if they are willing to add echo's after the fighter pass.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The Fighter pass would already be the main course meal. I aware that a echo pass would be padding, but if we are going to get anything else with a lower budget, that is what I would expect.

I don't know anything about how licensing work, so I don't now if it would cost more to use him again in the game in a different role. But if Shadow was to get in a Smash roster, he would't be anything more then a Sonic echo/clone. I'm just saying Shadow's only chance to make the roster in Ultimate at this point is if they are willing to add echo's after the fighter pass.
I guess i see your point about an Echo Pass being the padding...though if they are at such a low budget that they could only do a Echo Pass, then at that point they should stop the DLC and Take a Break, or Start the Next Smash

And i don't know about Shadow being an echo even after fighter pass. Ken turned out as different as he did, and Shadow would need more changes than that. Though to be fair Sakurai probably has bias for Street Fighter, but eh

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I guess i see your point about an Echo Pass being the padding...though if they are at such a low budget that they could only do a Echo Pass, then at that point they should stop the DLC and Take a Break, or Start the Next Smash

And i don't know about Shadow being an echo even after fighter pass. Ken turned out as different as he did, and Shadow would need more changes than that. Though to be fair Sakurai probably has bias for Street Fighter, but eh
I've said this before in this thread, but I don't really like to think about the next Smash. This game is going to be a hard act to follow. And it feels like any newcomers will be missing out not being part of the Ultimate roster.

I don't think they would "need" to make that many more changes for Shadow compared to Ken. At minimum they would have to change his Idle, Running, Taunt, and Victory animations. Pretty much everything else could stay the same and still fit his character. Just depends on how much Sakurai thinks he needs.

Not that I'm really putting my eggs in this Echo Pass basket right now anyway.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Not to get everyone's hopes too high, but it's been confirmed that more DLC fighters are coming after the Fighter's Pass. And unlike Tails or Knuckles, Shadow hasn't been costume'd.

Top Bottom