• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
As long as Shadow isn't Sonic with Witch Time then I'm cool with Shadow being in Smash.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Silver is actually in the background of the Green Hill Zone where Knuckles use to be. Watch the E3 Direct and you will see him.
The only thing I can accept Silver being playable and in the background if he had different pixels like how King Dedede is still floating in Dream Land (64) stage or how Charizard used to pop up in Saffron City

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Tails, Knuckles, and Silver were always in the background of Green Hill Zone even back in Brawl (And Knuckles is still there BTW so it is possible to have the Knuckles AT and the cameo at the same time. Good luck getting the right RNG for it to happen though)

Though even so I can't say it hard deconfirms Tails or Silver given it's an old stage. Silver has other reasons why he's really, really, really unlikely but being in the background of Green Hill Zone again is not really one of them.
Had no idea. I only saw Silver. I figured once they were placed somewhere else, we wouldn't see them back there anymore.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Had no idea. I only saw Silver. I figured once they were placed somewhere else, we wouldn't see them back there anymore.
Yeah it was never officially shown but there is videos where Tails, Knuckles, and Silver all show up in the background of Green Hill Zone. There's no way Silver has a chance of getting playable so his status isn't going to change any time soon. Knuckles is already an Assist Trophy. And Tails still has a shot, albeit I understand it's more likely Shadow gets in as an echo fighter first. Though I do have some faith that whether or not Shadow is playable, Tails at least has a shot to be the character if Shadow isn't in or at least as DLC regardless if Shadow is in. Many Mii costumes in Smash 4 got an upgraded role from the past game even if they weren't playable. And Tails did get a Mii costume while noticeably Shadow didn't.

(I don't mean that to say that's enough for Tails to be more likely then Shadow. I still think Shadow's much more likely especially echo fighter wise. Just it'll feel strange if he gets literally nothing more then he did in Smash 4 as a result. Tails had to have been at least decently requested in comparison to say... Silver who Tails would be stuck with forever besides the Mii costume if he literally gets nothing throughout Smash Ultimate's lifetime including DLC. Tails is a classic character that's been around since the genesis days, there's no way he's as unpopular as Silver to just be stuck where he currently is)

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
If they did give Shadow a Mii costume what would he be? I guess he would be a brawler, though Knuckles fits that role better.

That or he could be a gunner like Tails :laugh:

SonicMario

Smash Master
If they did give Shadow a Mii costume what would he be? I guess he would be a brawler, though Knuckles fits that role better.

If Shadow had been a Mii costume I think he would of been a Gunner too. Mega Man got multiple gunner outfits so it wasn't impossible for 3rd Parties to get more then one type of the same type of Mii.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

That does not look right

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Here is another reddit survey I did. It only tracks the 1st 100 people for what ever reason but here are the results.

So Bassed off this it looks like r/smashbros and r/sonicthehegehog wants..

Shadow as #2
Tails as #3
Dr.Eggman as #4 (but if he became a boss Silver would be next in line.
Then Amy as #5.

If those were our 5 I would be happy with that.

Amy also wins the AT.

Attachments

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Lego don’t roll that way for hedgehogs (makes you wonder if Sega regrets making such an edgy game)
That game did create a negative image of Shadow that he can never escape from.

I remember watching a video of the characters answering Twitter questions where Shadow said if he got a squeal, Big the Cat would be his new sidekick.

They really like mocking themselves nowadays.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
If a second Sonic character got in as a full fighter I'd prefer Knuckles (yes, I know he's an AT) or Eggman but I'd be fine if Shadow got in as Sonic's echo fighter since Shadow can pretty much do everything sonic can within the Sonic lore... and more. He can use all of Sonic's abilities but add little twists to them like instead of bouncing off his target when he lands a homing attack he can pummel them for a little bit like in '06 (despite how much I loathe that game).

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
If a second Sonic character got in as a full fighter I'd prefer Knuckles (yes, I know he's an AT) or Eggman but I'd be fine if Shadow got in as Sonic's echo fighter since Shadow can pretty much do everything sonic can within the Sonic lore... and more. He can use all of Sonic's abilities but add little twists to them like instead of bouncing off his target when he lands a homing attack he can pummel them for a little bit like in '06 (despite how much I loathe that game).
I saw that in that Brawl mode 'Legacy XP' they gave Shadow's homing attack a little bit of stun so he could do follow up attacks from it.

Something like that could be reminiscent of his pummel from 06

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That game did create a negative image of Shadow that he can never escape from.

I remember watching a video of the characters answering Twitter questions where Shadow said if he got a squeal, Big the Cat would be his new sidekick.

They really like mocking themselves nowadays.
Big the Cat...oh my goodness that would make a sequel to Ow the Edge less edgy

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was never officially shown but there is videos where Tails, Knuckles, and Silver all show up in the background of Green Hill Zone. There's no way Silver has a chance of getting playable so his status isn't going to change any time soon. Knuckles is already an Assist Trophy. And Tails still has a shot, albeit I understand it's more likely Shadow gets in as an echo fighter first. Though I do have some faith that whether or not Shadow is playable, Tails at least has a shot to be the character if Shadow isn't in or at least as DLC regardless if Shadow is in. Many Mii costumes in Smash 4 got an upgraded role from the past game even if they weren't playable. And Tails did get a Mii costume while noticeably Shadow didn't.

(I don't mean that to say that's enough for Tails to be more likely then Shadow. I still think Shadow's much more likely especially echo fighter wise. Just it'll feel strange if he gets literally nothing more then he did in Smash 4 as a result. Tails had to have been at least decently requested in comparison to say... Silver who Tails would be stuck with forever besides the Mii costume if he literally gets nothing throughout Smash Ultimate's lifetime including DLC. Tails is a classic character that's been around since the genesis days, there's no way he's as unpopular as Silver to just be stuck where he currently is)
Cue the "Knuckles & Knuckles" meme.

Anyways, I see some people Silver saying he's popular in the Sonic series and should be in as well, but is he popular in the Smash community though? That's the important part. Silver is the Waluigi of the Sonic series. Oh yes, I totally went there. :smash:

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master

Anyways, I see some people Silver saying he's popular in the Sonic series and should be in as well, but is he popular in the Smash community though? That's the important part. Silver is the Waluigi of the Sonic series. Oh yes, I totally went there. :smash:
If there's a Waluigi of the Sonic franchise it's Big the Cat honestly heh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Silver is a mix of Daisy and Rosalina if anything, cause atleast he gets to do important things

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Silver is a mix of Daisy and Rosalina if anything, cause atleast he gets to do important things
Would Amy be the Peach then?

So what is the order of importance for fighters to get in based of your opinion, counting echos aslo.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Would Amy be the Peach then?

So what is the order of importance for fighters to get in based of your opinion, counting echos aslo.
Amy would be Peach

As for order (and after Shadow joins)...Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Amy, Blaze, Silver, and then the rest

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
For me personally regarding more Sonic reps (And disregarding that one is already deconfirmed as an Assist), Shadow would be 4th in line. Tails first, Eggman 2nd, Knuckles 3rd (Though admittedly I would be willing to let Knuckles bypass Eggman just for the coolness factor of having the entire classic Trio in), and then Shadow. If we're just going by assuming Shadow is already in like TMNTSSB4's post. The list is still the same with Tails next in-line.

But because of Echo Fighters I know at the moment Shadow skips the entire line. Though I think even in an echo line, Tails would be next after Shadow. Because I think there is a few things they can do to make an echo tails still work if need be. If Shadow isn't Sonic's echo, then either it somehow ends up being Tails or no one else. I don't mean to disrespect say... Metal Sonic but while he is popular. I don't think he's requested enough for Smash on the level most of the other echoes were. (Maybe Richter is an exception, but even then I think he was a Japanese favorite)

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Here is another reddit survey I did. It only tracks the 1st 100 people for what ever reason but here are the results.

So Bassed off this it looks like r/smashbros and r/sonicthehegehog wants..

Shadow as #2
Tails as #3
Dr.Eggman as #4 (but if he became a boss Silver would be next in line.
Then Amy as #5.

If those were our 5 I would be happy with that.

Amy also wins the AT.
That just about lines up with my want's; I'd also be satisfied with that. Except I'd probably put Knuckles in there somewhere before Amy. Of course he's not possible this Smash though.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
That just about lines up with my want's; I'd also be satisfied with that. Except I'd probably put Knuckles in there somewhere before Amy. Of course he's not possible this Smash though.
Yeah, I think those are the best oppertunities for reps. I do want Silver > Amy but I am in the minority with that I feel.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Blaze > Silver?
Sonic 06 is a near universally-panned game. And the Sonic Rush games have their fans. Not to mention Sonic Rush was Nintendo exclusive while Sonic 06 never made it on Nintendo consoles (Though that's probably a good thing, imagine Sonic 06 with all it's problems. PLUS forced Wii motion controls) so Silver's only Nintendo console appearances were Spin-off games up until Sonic Forces and even then he's just one of the many NPCs like most of Sonic's friends are. (And I guess Sonic Colors DS version albeit a very minor appearance still)

Even in Sonic 06, Blaze kind of outshines Silver given she's one of the few characters that are kind of "fun" to play when you've gone masochistic enough to find much fun out of the game outside of ironic laughter at how bad the game is xP

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Just wanted to stop by and say "toss me up on that supporter list". I didn't come by earlier because I figured Shadow is so popular that he's practically a shoe-in. Especially with this game focusing on echoes and fan service.... Even if I really don't want him to be an echo of Sonic. He's just too interesting to just be that simple. Though even if he is just an Echo it'll be better than him not being in the game. I will definitely pick up Shadow if he's in the game. I love the character, and I have a bit of history with Shadow.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Not by much, but yes
I am surprized. I thought Silver had a bigger following over Blaze?

I guess 06 really did a number on Silver.

Well, I do hope Silver gets in. I think he has a 1% chance, but maybe if we see a new Sonic the fighters game!

Sonic 06 is a near universally-panned game. And the Sonic Rush games have their fans. Not to mention Sonic Rush was Nintendo exclusive while Sonic 06 never made it on Nintendo consoles (Though that's probably a good thing, imagine Sonic 06 with all it's problems. PLUS forced Wii motion controls) so Silver's only Nintendo console appearances were Spin-off games up until Sonic Forces and even then he's just one of the many NPCs like most of Sonic's friends are. (And I guess Sonic Colors DS version albeit a very minor appearance still)

Even in Sonic 06, Blaze kind of outshines Silver given she's one of the few characters that are kind of "fun" to play when you've gone masochistic enough to find much fun out of the game outside of ironic laughter at how bad the game is xP
Yeah, and even with Team Sonic Racing Blaze, Silver and Vector team name is team Vector. Poor Silver. I wish you had a bigger chance.

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Silver really is in a weird spot when it comes to the Sonic series. He's super popular, but at the same time he's not. It's pretty weird. I feel had Sega still went with the Adventure approach post-06 with Silver being given revamped gameplay mechanics then maybe he would be much more loved. Regardless, I still like Silver. I admittedly hate his gameplay from 06 (as it legitimately gave me a headache), but I never hated his character. Here's hoping he ends up playable again someday.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Silver really is in a weird spot when it comes to the Sonic series. He's super popular, but at the same time he's not. It's pretty weird. I feel had Sega still went with the Adventure approach post-06 with Silver being given revamped gameplay mechanics then maybe he would be much more loved. Regardless, I still like Silver. I admittedly hate his gameplay from 06 (as it legitimately gave me a headache), but I never hated his character. Here's hoping he ends up playable again someday.
I did do a survey on r/sonicthehedgehog and Silver was right under Sonic and Shadow. But that was only a pool of 100.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Just wanted to stop by and say "toss me up on that supporter list". I didn't come by earlier because I figured Shadow is so popular that he's practically a shoe-in. Especially with this game focusing on echoes and fan service.... Even if I really don't want him to be an echo of Sonic. He's just too interesting to just be that simple. Though even if he is just an Echo it'll be better than him not being in the game. I will definitely pick up Shadow if he's in the game. I love the character, and I have a bit of history with Shadow.
I've never understood why people think Shadow can work as a unique newcomer. Shadow in almost every game he is playable is a carbon copy of Sonic. If Chaos Control is the issue, they can just give him Mewtwo's Up B, and him using guns can be represented through item use. He's the ideal echo because of this.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I've never understood why people think Shadow can work as a unique newcomer. Shadow in almost every game he is playable is a carbon copy of Sonic. If Chaos Control is the issue, they can just give him Mewtwo's Up B, and him using guns can be represented through item use. He's the ideal echo because of this.
For me personally it's just I have a lack of knowledge on newer Sonic games. I basically know Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 (where hero and dark characters were clones of each other.... poor Tails), his game Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic '06. Chaos spear and Chaos control play large roles with him (though Sonic '06 made it so seemingly everyone can do it, I figured Sonic could cause Sonic has protagonist plot armor in Sonic Adventure 2). Also in Shadow and Sonic '06 there seems to be am emphasis on Shadow being knowledgeable in close quarters combat for some reason. It's just something that differentiates him from Sonic and fits his style more.

Of course, seeing a Project M mod with another moveset for a character that's not a cloned moveset that's done decently/well and seems better suited to the character does help some bias for wanting a character to have a different moveset if they got into smash.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow was just a lazy copy + paste in later games because he was pretty much copy + pasted in his original games gameplaywise. Also with him being so popular, why wouldn't a dev want to include a character like Shadow that can just re-use Sonic's gameplay? So seeing Shadow as an echo wouldn't surprise me in the slightest because if I was a dev trying not to waste money and save time, I'd definitely do that. It's just I always want characters to be better than just a clone of each other.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me personally it's just I have a lack of knowledge on newer Sonic games. I basically know Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 (where hero and dark characters were clones of each other.... poor Tails), his game Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic '06. Chaos spear and Chaos control play large roles with him (though Sonic '06 made it so seemingly everyone can do it, I figured Sonic could cause Sonic has protagonist plot armor in Sonic Adventure 2). Also in Shadow and Sonic '06 there seems to be am emphasis on Shadow being knowledgeable in close quarters combat for some reason. It's just something that differentiates him from Sonic and fits his style more.

Of course, seeing a Project M mod with another moveset for a character that's not a cloned moveset that's done decently/well and seems better suited to the character does help some bias for wanting a character to have a different moveset if they got into smash.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow was just a lazy copy + paste in later games because he was pretty much copy + pasted in his original games gameplaywise. Also with him being so popular, why wouldn't a dev want to include a character like Shadow that can just re-use Sonic's gameplay? So seeing Shadow as an echo wouldn't surprise me in the slightest because if I was a dev trying not to waste money and save time, I'd definitely do that. It's just I always want characters to be better than just a clone of each other.
I'll note those are his biggest appearances. Heroes he's pretty much Sonic with one unique move.

Battle is his only other appearance, where he is basically a revisioned Sonic in many ways. A lot of their moves are similar to a degree, but distinct. Sonic is a dance battle, while Shadow is more karate-like. Their specials are way different too, but they have many of the same stats otherwise when it comes to move ratings(how many stars, the speed of attacks, though their damage output is way different. Shadow is OP but has an actual Attack Support of 3 in return for his OP moves. Sonic has an Attack Support of 6, but is weaker overall due to his attacks being very average, being the Mario of the game).

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Btw, im surprised no one have though about any of the remixes from recent games
Especially this since its from the most recent game, and because it does take place in Green Hill.
If Shadow gets in, I really hope they add in the Forces remixes of Westopolis and Rhythm & Balance too.
In other words, all of the Episode Shadow stage remixes.

EDIT: Just realized this is a super old post... I'm browsing through this thread for the first time. Oops!
My opinion still stands though.

Last edited:

hposter

Smash Apprentice
i know it's a bit odd for someone who mains retro characters like me to support a character like shadow buuuut
i'm super excited for him, the fact that what used to be just wishful thinking is shaping up to be a reality is so cool
consider me a supporter ;)

p.s. this has to be one of his victory quotes
https://youtu.be/XwMZQhL7p1c?t=82

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Updated the supporters again and added people who liked the OP.

We'er over 100 now :grin:

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
  1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592
  70. Sølid
  71. ShortcutButton
  72. kylexv
  73. Giga Kaiju
  74. TheFVGuy
  75. Shiny Porygon
  76. LeeSmash4Me
  77. magiciandude
  78. The King of Skulls
  79. MonkeyDLenny
  80. xNaz
  81. grizby2
  82. Saiko18
  83. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  84. Xenorange
  85. Akg0001
  86. BravadoMan_13
  87. YoYoFantaFanta
  88. Chrono.
  89. RC-3197
  90. SpaceCadetKeon
  91. Barbasol
  92. THE 6r
  93. OhMyBanana54
  94. Nikster31
  95. Keeshu
  96. hposter
  97. dkkrang95
  98. Maikou
  99. hydrokyogre
  100. DaUsername
  101. Llort A. Ton

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Updated the supporters again and added people who liked the OP.

We'er over 100 now :grin:

TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
  1. TCT~Phantom
  2. ThoughtfulWanderer
  3. smash puffle
  4. Wonks
  5. NIckynickReviews
  6. Travix Man
  7. SonicMario
  8. AustarusIV
  9. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  10. Sean Wheeler
  11. dangeraaron10
  12. majorasmaskfan
  13. slambros
  14. SmashChu
  15. Geoffrey Druyts
  16. Mogu
  17. ZTurtle
  18. GM_3826
  19. KMDP
  20. 7NATOR
  21. Camc10
  22. violetsmashfan
  23. 92MilesPrower
  24. DarkFoxTeam
  25. Tornado_Man
  26. hermes
  27. Mikegamer0608
  28. Chocolatgelato
  29. Sirfishe
  30. SHSL Jedi
  31. GoldenYuiitusin
  32. VexTheHex
  33. AreJay25
  34. putuk
  35. TerminatorLOL
  36. Pinkanator
  37. Klimax
  38. BluePikmin11
  39. Tikivoy
  40. UltraMadman
  41. Arthur97
  42. IanTheGamer
  43. StormC
  44. The Legendary Beast
  45. Takasmash
  46. TMNTSSB4
  47. SchAlternate
  48. Mikegamer0608
  49. Mastermiine
  50. P.Kat
  51. Erotic&Heretic
  52. Dixie Kong
  53. Houndstooth
  54. Troykv
  55. vVv Rapture
  56. SEGAGameBoy
  57. SuperNintendoKid
  58. ZagarTulip
  59. zeldasmash
  60. ShadowTheHedgehogZ
  61. Dragoncharystary
  62. JesseMcCloud
  63. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  64. FooltheFlames
  65. Arkaizer
  66. MainJPW
  67. smashingDoug
  68. Dee Dude
  69. CrusherMania1592
  70. Sølid
  71. ShortcutButton
  72. kylexv
  73. Giga Kaiju
  74. TheFVGuy
  75. Shiny Porygon
  76. LeeSmash4Me
  77. magiciandude
  78. The King of Skulls
  79. MonkeyDLenny
  80. xNaz
  81. grizby2
  82. Saiko18
  83. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  84. Xenorange
  85. Akg0001
  86. BravadoMan_13
  87. YoYoFantaFanta
  88. Chrono.
  89. RC-3197
  90. SpaceCadetKeon
  91. Barbasol
  92. THE 6r
  93. OhMyBanana54
  94. Nikster31
  95. Keeshu
  96. hposter
  97. dkkrang95
  98. Maikou
  99. hydrokyogre
  100. DaUsername
  101. Llort A. Ton

I be fine with that!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I did do a survey on r/sonicthehedgehog and Silver was right under Sonic and Shadow. But that was only a pool of 100.
It was still a well done survey. So good job there! But my point was more towards the fact that Silver is both super popular and unpopular towards a lot of casual Sonic fans. It's funny because he's really only had 1 playable appearance in a mainline Sonic game, but that really made a difference in splitting opinions over him. I personally know a lot of people who like him, but never want to see him playable again while some others who hate him, but think he should be given a 2nd chance. Then there's some that just hate him because 06 really gave them a bad taste in their mouths. Same goes for some Youtube vids I see around.

Of course, that's no indicator of the larger spectrum of things, but it's interesting to see. I personally do hope he gets his own time to shine again in the future. I definitely wouldn't mind having him be playable in another mainline game again as long as it's done right.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that we are getting to a point where the side characters in Sonic can have playable roles in the main games again, not just racing/olympic games. Sonic Mania having 5 characters and Forces having Shadow as DLC is a start. I don't want them all to keep being a useless peanut gallery.

Anyway here is a fun Shadow related video

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm hoping that we are getting to a point where the side characters in Sonic can have playable roles in the main games again, not just racing/olympic games. Sonic Mania having 5 characters and Forces having Shadow as DLC is a start. I don't want them all to keep being a useless peanut gallery.

Anyway here is a fun Shadow related video
I've been against the idea of an Adventure 3 for the longest time, but with those factors you mention in mind, I thiink it's a good time to return to that style.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
It was still a well done survey. So good job there! But my point was more towards the fact that Silver is both super popular and unpopular towards a lot of casual Sonic fans. It's funny because he's really only had 1 playable appearance in a mainline Sonic game, but that really made a difference in splitting opinions over him. I personally know a lot of people who like him, but never want to see him playable again while some others who hate him, but think he should be given a 2nd chance. Then there's some that just hate him because 06 really gave them a bad taste in their mouths. Same goes for some Youtube vids I see around.

Of course, that's no indicator of the larger spectrum of things, but it's interesting to see. I personally do hope he gets his own time to shine again in the future. I definitely wouldn't mind having him be playable in another mainline game again as long as it's done right.
Yeah, it's a shame he was introduced in such a bad game. If the game had done well he would have gotten a spin off and who knows what will happen. Though, I have seen clamorings for a solo Silver game slowly building so who knows what can happen.

I still think it would be cool to see all 3 hedghogs in the game, in my opinion. (I also would love to see Tails also).

Baby steps though, lets see if Shadow and Tails get in pre-DLC wave and lets see what happens.

Top Bottom