• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate, fastest way to unlock everything (in under 2hours)

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, but I like to take my time unlocking everybody. The person I can't wait to unlock is Falco.

J18

Smash Journeyman
yeah i'm going to just to do the easy quick stuff first, but not the really long repetitive ones. that and i'm going to unlock sonic quickly with classic mode.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i remember that the sonic update on the dojo said he was going to be a starter but i cant find it anymore!?!
Sonic was NEVER going to be a starter.

We knew he'd be secret before he was announced...

It was revealed that ALL 3rd party characters would be secret before he was confirmed

Dr Insaniack

Smash Cadet
well if you guys do end up doing the quick unlocks. you might want to throw in 3x with luigi after you get him. thats all you need to get Luigi's Mansion. its right on dojo.

gcguest

Smash Apprentice
This involves repetitive play, except for a select few of the event matches. THis is to unlock. ALL the characters. and ALL the stages. in under 2 hours.

The first involves 1 stock matches. Play each other 1v1. One stock matches. One of them should be fox, one should be donkey kong. Play on the level Shadow Moses Fifteen times. Kill yourself with a friend. you should average about 1 game per 8 seconds.
You will Unlock Ness.
Than you will unlock Snake
AND marth
Now play the melee stage of your choice for ten matches
After five more matches with donkey kong and you will unlock 75m
you will also unlock luigi
Have the other player use kirby. Keep on playing on pokemon stadium 2
You should now unlock falco
You should have unlocked all the stages that require repetitive play on stages
Use the fastest runner (Fox) to continue suiciding
You will unlock character by character
By the time you unlock sonic, use him. He is the fastest runner in the game
Suicide with him until you unlock game and watch and flat zone 2
Now you can complete matches the fastest way possible. Suicide as sonic in flatzone 2 . It takes UNDER ONE SECOND. to kill yourself. You can average about 8 matches a minute. so it should now take about 20 min+ to unlock the rest

To get the rest of the stages. speedily do the event matches

That should take under 2 hours =) Enjoy
Very cool beans, thanks for the info!

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
Maybe you CAN unlock everything that way..but does noone look at the overall scores? If someone asks me, who I like to play with the most, I show him the overall scores screen [don't know if it's still in SSBB, but it was there in SSB64 and SSBM]. If someone mains Sonic or Fox, his overall score will be screwed this way.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you CAN unlock everything that way..but does noone look at the overall scores? If someone asks me, who I like to play with the most, I show him the overall scores screen [don't know if it's still in SSBB, but it was there in SSB64 and SSBM]. If someone mains Sonic or Fox, his overall score will be screwed this way.
Vs statistics? I'm pretty sure it's in Brawl. And yea it would probably mess with the stats a bit.

I'm probably just going to go the long route and unlock everyone through the subspace emissary. Suiciding is fast, but I don't like rushing too much.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Well if you use the stamina method, you could technically pick any character. All you have to do is just keep using random to split the crappy scores around between all of the characters.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
I plan on unlocking everything the normal way SSE, classic, events, the likes

Grey

Smash Rookie
For those of you concerned about your stats getting screwed up by this method:

SSB, and SSBM had the ability to reset your VS statistics, and I'm assuming SSBB will have the same thing.

It should be possible to zero out all of those SD's and Matches without re-locking up all of the characters and stages again.

Madcowdesease

Smash Cadet
all im gonna do the moment i open the disc and put it in my wii is go to 100 man melee play as IKE and beat it to unlock falco then use falco to unlock every single other char. ill use zamus a few times too...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
People, no one cares if you think this way is boring, repetitive or cheap. No one cares that you plan to play SSE to unlock things.

Thanks to the OP, for posting an informative way to unlock things.

davemg

Smash Rookie
can you play sse with more than one person/will this still unlock characters

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
thanks for this, will prolly go about it this way when I get the game

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if the Gamestop tournaments data will reset after a certain amount of time (like at other stores I've been too), but if they don't reset, this would be a good way to have every character before the tournament.

I'll probably do this for the actual game too, so thanks.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, i might do this if i wanted to unlock everything right away....

but i actually want to have fun..and since SSE only takes like 4 hours, i think im ok.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I already beat SSE in the japanese version >_>

I'll be doing this on night one so that when people come over, I'm back to having everything unlocked.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
sooo... from what i've read and figured out myself i think i've come up with the BY FAR fastest possible (and most readable) way to unlock all character and stages:

-450 VS MATCHES

-4 PLAYER MATCHES ([HMN]ANY, [HMN]DK, [CPU]KIRBY, [CPU]ANY)

-SPECIAL BRAWL (FAST BRAWL)

-1 HP STAMINA

-ACTIVATE FLOWER (LIPSTICK)

-WHEN LUIGI IS UNLOCKED, PUT HIM IN PLACE OF "ANY" HUMAN

-WHEN C. FALCON IS UNLOCKED, PUT HIM IN PLACE OF "ANY" CPU

-WHEN BIG BLUE STAGE IS UNLOCKED, SWITCH TO THAT STAGE AND CONTINUE

-WHEN GREEN GREENS AND JUNGLE GARDEN STAGES ARE UNLOCKED, SWITCH TO POKEMON STADIUM 2 STAGE AND CONTINUE

AFTER 450 MATCHES ALL CHARACTERS AND ALL STAGES EXCEPT FOR 3 WILL BE UNLOCKED (PLAY THOUGH EVENTS TO UNLOCK THE OTHERS)

EDIT: im not sure if it matters if the characters are specifically HMN/CPU. im just going off the fact that gamespot says to unlock luigi and dk you must PLAY AS them; and to unlock kirby and c falcon you must VERSUS them.

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
this does kinda take the fun out of unlocking everything, but i do want sonic so i will be suicideing 300 times and might as well do this to get the rest of everyone

TheycallmeMK

Smash Rookie
Im going to play SSE using the differnt possible controller combinations and see which is the best suited for me.

Top Bottom