• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate, fastest way to unlock everything (in under 2hours)

rob1out

Smash Journeyman
This involves repetitive play, except for a select few of the event matches. THis is to unlock. ALL the characters. and ALL the stages. in under 2 hours.

The first involves 1 stock matches. Play each other 1v1. One stock matches. One of them should be fox, one should be donkey kong. Play on the level Shadow Moses Fifteen times. Kill yourself with a friend. you should average about 1 game per 8 seconds.
You will Unlock Ness.
Than you will unlock Snake
AND marth
Now play the melee stage of your choice for ten matches
After five more matches with donkey kong and you will unlock 75m
you will also unlock luigi
Have the other player use kirby. Keep on playing on pokemon stadium 2
You should now unlock falco
You should have unlocked all the stages that require repetitive play on stages
Use the fastest runner (Fox) to continue suiciding
You will unlock character by character
By the time you unlock sonic, use him. He is the fastest runner in the game
Suicide with him until you unlock game and watch and flat zone 2
Now you can complete matches the fastest way possible. Suicide as sonic in flatzone 2 . It takes UNDER ONE SECOND. to kill yourself. You can average about 8 matches a minute. so it should now take about 20 min+ to unlock the rest

To get the rest of the stages. speedily do the event matches

That should take under 2 hours =) Enjoy

ConeZone

Smash Ace
thanks for this, i already planned on doing 1 stock and killing myself to unlock all the characters but i wasn't sure about getting the stages, etc. kudos to this thread

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
There is a faster way if you want to save 7 seconds of your time.

Special Brawl - Use flower (Lip's stick effect), stamina at 1 hp.

Immediately when the match starts, your opponent will die. I'll look for the video if I can find it again...

ShortAssassin

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for this. Was planning on using the Lipstick trick but now I know what stages to use.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
I'm just going to beat the SSE and then go through it to unlock Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf (they're hidden in specific areas in the SSE). That way I unlock everyone as PC's and for use in the SSE. I'll just unlock the levels after that and work in the other modes. Fooling around first, then SSE! (with a few matches here and there)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I was going to make a thread like this. Anyways, I think it's not worth it. I mean, if you got a leaked copy of the game and were trying to find out characters, doing a similar method would be very effecient. I think I'll just play through the SSE (I'd play through it anyways) and take 6 hours.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Great thread. This is going to make launch night much easier.
Why isn't there a sticky with information on unlocking everything yet?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
There is a faster way if you want to save 7 seconds of your time.

Special Brawl - Use flower (Lip's stick effect), stamina at 1 hp.

Immediately when the match starts, your opponent will die. I'll look for the video if I can find it again...
2 questions.

1. Won't both you and your opponent die, causing you to do a sudden death match, which would in turn take even longer?

2. Can you actually unlock stuff with special brawl? I thought only regular matches could unlock things?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This involves repetitive play, except for a select few of the event matches. THis is to unlock. ALL the characters. and ALL the stages. in under 2 hours.

The first involves 1 stock matches. Play each other 1v1. One stock matches. One of them should be fox, one should be donkey kong. Play on the level Shadow Moses Fifteen times. Kill yourself with a friend. you should average about 1 game per 8 seconds.
You will Unlock Ness.
Than you will unlock Snake
AND marth
Now play the melee stage of your choice for ten matches
After five more matches with donkey kong and you will unlock 75m
you will also unlock luigi
Have the other player use kirby. Keep on playing on pokemon stadium 2
You should now unlock falco
You should have unlocked all the stages that require repetitive play on stages
Use the fastest runner (Fox) to continue suiciding
You will unlock character by character
By the time you unlock sonic, use him. He is the fastest runner in the game
Suicide with him until you unlock game and watch and flat zone 2
Now you can complete matches the fastest way possible. Suicide as sonic in flatzone 2 . It takes UNDER ONE SECOND. to kill yourself. You can average about 8 matches a minute. so it should now take about 20 min+ to unlock the rest

To get the rest of the stages. speedily do the event matches

That should take under 2 hours =) Enjoy

Great methods, but I couldnt do this. I'd get bored so fast with suiciding, and be too tempted to play the game and play through SSE haha.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I am just going to play threw the whole SubSpace Emissary, so I can do all of this in 10 hrs.I think I would get to bored doing this.

wodan46

Smash Cadet
I'll probably do the 30 or 40 matches or so needed to unlock the easy stuff, but frankly, I don't want to spend the first 2 hours of super smash doing a boring chore, especially one which takes the focus away from playing the SSE and other fun stuff.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
intresting but seems like it would get boring fast. im gonna play through SSE first then classic and along the way play a bunch of vs matches. might take longer but whatever.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
2 questions.

1. Won't both you and your opponent die, causing you to do a sudden death match, which would in turn take even longer?

2. Can you actually unlock stuff with special brawl? I thought only regular matches could unlock things?
If I remember correctly...you can adjust the stamina for each individual character. Which is probably why the CPU dies first, rather than the person playing.

And I'm not so sure about special brawl matches counting as normal matches. Hope a confirmation comes in soon...

rob1out

Smash Journeyman
Lol the lipstick is fine too... i just find this easier... and this method takes 2 controllers. only one has to suicide.

And no. ten melee stages

Event matches you don't HAVE to do all the first ten to unlock the next 10 (with the 2 stages)
I believe you can do the last five? or something.. than you have to do the last 7 or something.. not exactly sure. You can do event matches fairly fast

And to those who want to do SSE, thats fine too, itll just take... 7 hours... to complete

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Lol the lipstick is fine too... i just find this easier... and this method takes 2 controllers. only one has to suicide.

And no. ten melee stages

Event matches you don't HAVE to do all the first ten to unlock the next 10 (with the 2 stages)
I believe you can do the last five? or something.. than you have to do the last 7 or something.. not exactly sure. You can do event matches fairly fast

And to those who want to do SSE, thats fine too, itll just take... 7 hours... to complete

and you have to play it multiple times to unlock everybody with it... is that right?
Or is there a way you can unlock every character with one run of the SSE...

Because while we all are going to play the SSE, most of us would rather play some competive matches after playing the SSE instead of playing it over and over again before being fully prepared for competive smash.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
For your persuit of helpful information and delivery of such information I am proud to grant you the internet.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I think he unlocks after 300 matches, or after you beat SSE

Hey, thanks for the thread though. This is exactly what I wanted to do (suicide 450 times) but now I have a guide... nice.

Of course, you lose out on the satisfaction of unlocks... but that's not really a problem for me :chuckle:

rob1out

Smash Journeyman
SSE to me is a waste of time. It doesnt really teach you how to play characters or anything. So I just just DIVED into my suicide missions with my imported brawl.You can unlock every character with SSE but you have to do some stuff after. It's significantly longer and to me, more tedious than the suicide route. haha.

GoodMornEvery1

Smash Cadet
Youre wrong............
Thats not the fastest way to unlock everyone.
its much easier to put flower on, and put cpu to 1hp. each match lasts less than 1 second, and you only need 450 vs to unlock everyone through wolf. thats how i did it, and i doubt theres a faster way.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
SSE to me is a waste of time. It doesnt really teach you how to play characters or anything. So I just just DIVED into my suicide missions with my imported brawl.You can unlock every character with SSE but you have to do some stuff after. It's significantly longer and to me, more tedious than the suicide route. haha.
yes, it is longer and less efficant... but you ARE going to do it.
its a big part of the game... you just have to do it.
so when you factor that into the long run, it might actually take less time to do the SSE route... unless you are going to play competively before 10 AM on the 9th

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Why would someone want to shave off time by playing boring suicide missions when they could just play storymode for everyone? I did suicides to unlock mewtwo and it was one of the worst experiences in my entire life :p

Yeah, it would take a little longer, but it would probably be much less boring.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
-Fox vs. DK on Shadow Moses 15 times, Unlock Ness/Snake/Marth
-Fox vs. DK on a Melee stage 10 times
-Fox vs. DK 5 times
-Fox vs. Kirby on Pokemon Stadium 2, Unlock Sonic as well as others
-Sonic vs. ? until all are unlocked.

Did I get that right? Your instructions are very confusing.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Flower/stamina method has been "proven" to be the fastest method of unlocking characters, and if you choose the right stages you can unlock most of them that way as well.

Top Bottom